Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636840 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
spartanflexzy:
Thanks for your assistance.... One more thing do u have any knowledge on black seed oil... like what it cures ..and also how does One know if his ulcer has healed

I don't know anymore than you will find online with google search.

Ulcer? If you have no symptoms such as abdominal pain, it is likely the ulcer has quieted down or "healed" so to speak.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spartanflexzy(m): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
I do feel as if something is itching me in my stomach but not the abdominal part it's a little bit far from d abdomen... I had an ultra scan in 3 different hospital they all told me I had no ulcer... But One said it is possible it might still be there... I am even confused... And I don't vommit or feel any pain... Don't know what else to do ..and the itchy part is at the upper most part of d stomach
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
spartanflexzy:
I do feel as if something is itching me in my stomach but not the abdominal part it's a little bit far from d abdomen... I had an ultra scan in 3 different hospital they all told me I had no ulcer... But One said it is possible it might still be there... I am even confused... And I don't vommit or feel any pain... Don't know what else to do ..and the itchy part is at the upper most part of d stomach

OK. Tell me exactly the location of the itching: upper right or left, Middle, or Lower right or left abdomen.

When I say abdomen, I mean all of your belly.

Any rash or hives where it is itching?

Itching does not normally present in ulcer. Itching can be sign of liver or kidney issues.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spartanflexzy(m): 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
Its d middle part.. It's not itchy per say but it's like something is pushing it from d inner. ..and it comes and goes... I had an ultrasound and there was nothing everything was OK... In 3 different hospitals ..everything was normal...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by edekoln: 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
Pls doc help me am going thru hell and docs at the hospital were no help at all. its like the weight of 2 six inches block is pressing against my left chest squeezing my heart and draining my strenght. I dont feel like eating and there is kind of peperish taste in my mouth, There is a depression btw my left chest and belly where u can feel the rib not connected to the sternum. The pressure I feel against my heart seems to start from there and radiat to my chest and back. I did a chest xray and it was ok. My doc just told to go and be drinking a lot of water and see him in 2weeks. I feel no relief at all and infact the pressure seem to be increasing. What could wrong with me and what should I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Daveuy2011: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hello doc. I have a product for you that addresses pain. Applied externally and works perfectly. Active ingredient is Red Ginseng and Marine Phytoplankton. Can I have your email please?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
spartanflexzy:
Its d middle part.. It's not itchy per say but it's like something is pushing it from d inner. ..and it comes and goes... I had an ultrasound and there was nothing everything was OK... In 3 different hospitals ..everything was normal...

Middle upper or umbilical?

I mean the thing is: your symptoms are not specific. Structures in your middle belly are: part of stomach, part of intestines. So, unless something foreign is crawling inside your belly (which a parasite is possible), I doubt anything is wrong medically with those organs save for perhaps a lot of rumblings in your belly for something.

I don't hear any life threatening symptoms/signs from what you described. But, if this becomes quite bothersome, do get it checked out again and again.

Better safe than sorry.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
edekoln:
Pls doc help me am going thru hell and docs at the hospital were no help at all. its like the weight of 2 six inches block is pressing against my left chest squeezing my heart and draining my strenght. I dont feel like eating and there is kind of peperish taste in my mouth, There is a depression btw my left chest and belly where u can feel the rib not connected to the sternum. The pressure I feel against my heart seems to start from there and radiat to my chest and back. I did a chest xray and it was ok. My doc just told to go and be drinking a lot of water and see him in 2weeks. I feel no relief at all and infact the pressure seem to be increasing. What could wrong with me and what should I do?

Have you had an injury or accident or ?

What I can say is to make sure it is not problems with your heart so to speak. Did they test your heart? like ECG or cardiac markers?

The other thing is: perhaps a fractured rib impinging on your heart there.

If they correctly read the chest xray, they should pick up a fracture.

Pepperrish taste could be a sign of reflux of stomach contents. Try antacid, and limit pepperish food and see it it helps.

Are you particularly highly anxious or depressed or stressed?

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by edekoln: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
Xiadnat:

Have you had an injury or accident or ?

What I can say is to make sure it is not problems with your heart so to speak. Did they test your heart? like ECG or cardiac markers?

The other thing is: perhaps a fractured rib impinging on your heart there.

If they correctly read the chest xray, they should pick up a fracture.

Pepperrish taste could be a sign of reflux of stomach contents. Try antacid, and limit pepperish food and see it it helps.

Are you particularly highly anxious or depressed or stressed?

I've no injury, acident or broken rib either. The xray report says that I have no active pulmunary infection, left ventricle failure and I have a normal heart size.,... My thoracic cavity and its contents are ok the report concluded.

Could this be reflux? I feel is something more serious. Its buiding pressure in my left chest, compressing my heart, draining my strength, I gas and belch, poor bowel movment with hard faeces that comes out in pellets..... feel very miserable dont whats wrong with me dont wht to do.

I am sad but not depressed, Not xtraordnarily stressed: I cut my coat accoding to my size. The only thing am anxious about now is I dont know what is wrong with me and what to do.

best regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nad95: 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
Good day doctor,
I have been having this nasal congestion for quite a long time now. Sometimes it becomes so severe that I have to blow vigorously to clear a nostril.
What can I do seeing I have used nasal spray and decongestants and also anti/histamine drugs.
Pls what can I do free my nose?
Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kaysce(m): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2015
hey Doc,

can u please estimate the average price for an appendectomy in nigeria
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dekronik: 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
Well done doctor.please be patient and help me out. Specifically on april 16th this year, i started feeling some strange and itchy feeling on my skin. Three days later the itchy feeling became unbearable even though there was no rashes.whenever the weather becomes hot the itching becomes unbearable and if i scratch it,my skin develops swellings as if iv been flogged with a koboko.the skin will swell as if i have been bitten by an ant. I went to a WHO leprosy and TB center in my state where they gave me four tablets of MECTIZAN which i took there at the center.they then prescribed two drugs for me; CET-10 and KETOCONAZOLE tabs which i was to be taking daily and report to them every two weeks for feedback.the drugs worked perfectly and i no longer feel the utching.after some time i stoped taking the drugs and some days later i began feeling the itch again.when i reported back to them, they said i should keep on taking the drugs continuosly for six weeks. They told me that in some cases patients take the drug for even up to a year but its only the MECTIZAN thats taken every six months.now my question is this, us there no permanent solution to such issues.im feeling okay now but whenever i stop taking the drugs the itching comes bsck again.pls any help out there?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honeyjoy77: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
Good day doctor,
Please I need your help/suggestion. I did Pelvic Us scan and scan reveals:No uterine myoma or ovarian cyst noted*Cul-de-sac is free of echo-fluid collection. Please I need your explanation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by edekoln: 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hi doc
I ve another problem that's been overshadowed by my previous complaint.
There is the raised dark patch of skin on my penis tip around the miatus. It looks like welt or proud flesh. There is no pain no sore no blister just the dark skin slightly raised above the surrounding skin. On the shaft there a kind of patch like eczima in two places. I also have a burning sensation on my scrotum which only gets pain when I touch it. It gets itchy when am yet to take my bathe later in the day but relieved after scrubbing hard with sponge inspite of the burning pain. The scrotal skin feel leathery to touch and scaly and often feel like someting is crawling all over my scrotum.

I saw a doctor and I told to do urethral swab which I did and staph aureus was nailed as the culprit.

I been on antiboitics for a week now but with no sign of improvement.

Do u think that was the correct diagnosis? What kind of disease presents with the symptoms as I have described above? The dark slightly raised patch around my meatus and my burning itchy scaly scrotum, are they symptom of the same infection or sign of different ones?

Best regard
o woed
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by horlus(m): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hello doc. My dad has been battling with an enlarged prostate for sometime now. We have been seeing a regular doctor and two days back he had constipation for about 4thrs with severe side pains. We did a scan and was told that he has urine retention about 688mls. The doctor referred us to lasuth to see a neurologist. Upon getting there they fixed our appointment for some 8 weeks. Please can u direct me to a competent neurologist.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by aamstih: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hello doc,

What set of tests would you recommend for someone that is easily affected with malaria. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
edekoln:

What did the chest imaging say again? You had no ventricular failure or that you do?

Anyway, it sounds like a lot of gas in your bowel. Consider getting an abdominal imaging to check for stool impaction.

If you are constipated, then try stool softener.

But, I am thinking your issues may not be that something is physically wrong.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nad95:

If you have tried anti-histamine, then consider inhaled steroid to quiet down inflammation.

Avoid allergen trigger; if you know what it/they is/are

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
kaysce:

Do you have a doctor that you can ask this?

On average it costs about 33,000 USD, so it could more less or more than that.

But, costs depends a number of things, so it is not an exact science.

Do not let costs be an issue. If you need an appendectomy, go and get one because complications could be dire.

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
dekronik:

It appears they are treating you for parasites, especially if me.ctizan is helping.

I can't say what is the permanent solution if I don't know what the problem is.

What did they say is the problem at the health center where you visited and obtained treatment?

Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
honeyjoy77:

The pelvic ultrasound result is essentially normal findings.

You have no tumor called myoma, no cysts and no free flowing fluid present in your posterior vagina. All normal findings.

May I ask why you obtained this ultrasound?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
edekoln:

Are you sexually active? Any p.enile discharge?

It very well sounds like an infection.

I can categorically tell you, it is not a staph infection: especially if you are a generally well-person with no immune dysfunction.

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
horlus:

I am not based in Nigeria. I am sorry. You might want to make a separate post.

Go to a hospital and ask for urologist or any competent person to perform a urinary straight catheter.

Your father just needs to be drained via a catheter. They can do that at any hospital/health center; even nurses can.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
aamstih:

Is this person generally a health adult? Or do they have a host of other health issues that you know of? Sickle cell or asplenic?

I think if you live in malaria endemic area, you are susceptible to bite unless you take precaution: nets, bug sprays etc.

Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by aamstih: 12:26am On Jul 17, 2015
Thanks Doc.

Xiadnat:
aamstih:

Is this person generally a health adult? Or do they have a host of other health issues that you know of? Sickle cell or asplenic?

I think if you live in malaria endemic area, you are susceptible to bite unless you take precaution: nets, bug sprays etc.

Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honeyjoy77: 12:39am On Jul 17, 2015
Xiadnat:
honeyjoy77:

The pelvic ultrasound result is essentially normal findings.

You have no tumor called myoma, no cysts and no free flowing fluid present in your posterior vagina. All normal findings.

May I ask why you obtained this ultrasound?

Thank you for your prompt response. My doctor asked me to do it because I'm ttc. There is one more thing I want you to explain to me. The urinalysis that I did shows ; Colour: yellowish and clear, PH:5.5, Glucose:++, Others:nil.is
it normal?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spartanflexzy(m): 1:06am On Jul 17, 2015
Please doc. When do I know if my ulcer is worst or sevre.. And can an ulcer patient eat date or chin chin..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 17, 2015
honeyjoy77

The urine analysis is positive for glucose, meaning you are spilling sugar in your urine.

Sugar in the urine is not normal. You should not have sugar in your urine at all; it only happens when you have excess sugar in your blood stream.

My recommendation: get a finger prick to check your blood sugar. I suspect it is high.

You can report back the number of your blood sugar for me and we will go from there.

Depending on how high your blood sugar is or (AIC), you can either try dietary approach and/or get on metformin to control it.

Your blood sugar will have to be near normal for your TTC events. And, if you do succeed with conception, you will need tight control to prevent fetal abnormalities.

I wish you well. Please, do not hesitate with further questions.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 17, 2015
spartanflexzy:

Regarding your ulcer: are you having any stomach pains, a lot of gas/belching? Are you on antacid of any kind?

Foods to limit are: peppery foods, spices/seasonings, milk/cheese products, cocoa or cola or soda drinks or highly acidic food stuffs. Though these are not really confirmed to help ulcer.

However! do not take NSAIDS: ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen and the like. These are known to cause or worsen ulcer.

If you smoke, stop. If you drink caffeine, limit it or stop.

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honeyjoy77: 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
Xiadnat:
honeyjoy77

The urine analysis is positive for glucose, meaning you are spilling sugar in your urine.

Sugar in the urine is not normal. You should not have sugar in your urine at all; it only happens when you have excess sugar in your blood stream.

My recommendation: get a finger prick to check your blood sugar. I suspect it is high.

You can report back the number of your blood sugar for me and we will go from there.

Depending on how high your blood sugar is or (AIC), you can either try dietary approach and/or get on metformin to control it.

Your blood sugar will have to be near normal for your TTC events. And, if you do succeed with conception, you will need tight control to prevent fetal abnormalities.

I wish you well. Please, do not hesitate with further questions.
Thanks. What should I do to control sugar in my urine because am scared.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
honeyjoy77

The only way to stop sugar in the urine is to control sugar in the blood.

Go to a health center and ask for a finger stick blood sugar measurement.

Come back and tell me what the number is.

If not already, you should think about finding an obstetrician (or at least a GP) for your TTC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.