Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636628 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by fearless07(f): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2015
Xiadnat:
fearless07:

Firstly, you have to be sure that it is yeast infection and not another organism. Secondly, make sure you do not have underlying medical issue that is causing persistent yeast infection.

If none of aforementioned apply to you then: miconazol.e vaginal cream or suppository will do.

Miconazol.e suppository comes in 100, 200 and 1200 mg. If you do 100 mg, then apply every day for 7 days. If you do 1200mg, then apply daily for 1 day. If you do 200mg, apply once daily for 3 days.

It also comes in 2 and 4% cream.

Thanks. Non of the aforementioned applies to me. The antibiotics were for some other infections which have been cleared. Would do as you recommended. Thanks once again.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joilin(f): 11:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hello Dr. Pls my husband is always having itching inside his ears and throat. It makes him make some funny noise while he is strying to get relieve from the trouble. infact once it starts, he clears his throat in an awkward manner that makes me wana throw up. He has used gentamycin and chloramphenicol eardrop, he was also given gentamycin inj with ofloxacin 500mg for 7days when he had infection and i thought they ll have effect on the ear throat problem but it continued. Help me o
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Chartey(m): 9:02am On Aug 28, 2015
nifeayo:
Are u struggling with blocked fallopian tube,infertility,homonal imbalance, fibroids, ovarian cysth,waek erection, quick ejeculation, chronic eye problm, hypertension, diabetes, stroke,cancer,abnormal discharge on d breast, vaginal discharge, kidney problem, Ulcer, chronic infect, STD,sickle cell and AIDS patients, my company has a natural herbs dat's very effective for all dis,100% guarantee, for more details contact Ayobami on her whattsap no 08071449244 or add her bb pin2BBF9DB3, asap.
Please not on this thread.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by anthney87: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2015
hi doc.
this is with my wife... w got married this April and before then she ha been having her ovulation well and at the right time. but since our marriage she said her ovulation has not been noticed but she see her period very well. two months back she experienced implantation bleeding but nothing happened at the end of the day. just some few days back she just experienced her monthly flow coming 2 days earlier than expected. during her wash up she noticed the normal egg like substance stretch and it was thick as if she was ovulating. she said she saw it also like that the previous month but didn't take it serious until now. so this is kind of ovulating and period discharge at the same time .
doc ur advice is needed pls.ASAP
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
pweetiedee:

I am suspecting a condition called irritable bowel syndrome. There are some things you can do, but Just answer a few more questions.

Do you feel relieved of the belly pain after stooling? Any blood or mucus in the stool? Do you have any other noticeable symptoms in general?

How long or often has this being going on? Say, in a month? And, how long in general have you had this?

How bad is the pain on a scale of 1 to 10; 10 being worst ever?

Is there belly bloating? And how bad is it on a same scale of 1 to 10?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
yem0350:

Try stopping rice. You may have developed food sensitivity to rice. See how that goes. Take food diary of what is causing the stomach ache.
If you find any, eliminate those. Perhaps, limit starchy food stuff.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
joilin:

First, consider figuring out if he has environmental allergies like dander, molds, dust mites etc. He likely has some irritants in his nasal/throat passage. Therapy will not work if he is constantly being exposed to it. Would also suggest visiting a doc for skin patch testing to pinpoint his allergies.

Are there any post nasal drips? Cough? Nasal congestion?

Try these home remedies for soothing effects of his scratchy throat.

Honey + lemon juice: gargle and swallow

Zinc lozenges is also soothing.

Hydrate with water or add ginger/licorice tea or chicken soup or aloe vera juice

Salt water gargle, spit out.

Try humidified air or humidifier if you can afford machine. Or just inhale steam/vapor.

There are some medications, but try those first.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
anthneny87:

Pls. consider posting this on the ob/gyn thread here on health section, as you may get better answer.

I am having difficulty following your history.

So, is she using ovulation kit or guess work? And, implantation bleeding means she miscarried or did she carry to full term or aborted or?

You can ovulate w/o bleeding. And, you can bleed w/o ovulating.

So, what is the issue? Is she trying to conceive? Having abnormal menses or?

Take care.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pyx: 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
feeling pulse beat by the right side of my head.any issue?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pweetiedee(m): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Xiadnat:
pweetiedee:

I am suspecting a condition called irritable bowel syndrome. There are some things you can do, but Just answer a few more questions.

Do you feel relieved of the belly pain after stooling? Any blood or mucus in the stool? Do you have any other noticeable symptoms in general?

How long or often has this being going on? Say, in a month? And, how long in general have you had this?

yes ifeel relieved after atooling. no mucus or blood, or let me say I didn't notice.
its been on and off for a few months.
I don't have any other symptoms in general.
the pain isn't really bad.
No bloating.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
pyx:
feeling pulse beat by the right side of my head.any issue?

Hm. Possibly. How old are you? You ever had this before? Any headache? Stressed? Any visual issues: blurry etc? Scalp tenderness at right side?

Check your blood pressure.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pweetiedee(m): 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
Xiadnat:
pweetiedee:

yes ifeel relieved after stooling. no mucus or blood, or let me say I didn't notice.
No bloating.

yes ifeel relieved after stooling. no mucus or blood, or let me say I didn't notice.
No bloating.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
pweetiedee:

No bloating.

Which bothers you most: diarrhea or the belly pain?

Here are my recommendations:

1. Stress management and relaxation techniques
2. Keep food diaries of possible foods that are causing or worsening symptoms. Pay attention to sugary/lactose foods, caffeine, corn, wheat/gluten, citrusy substances.
3. Trial of bentyl (dicycloamine) 20 mg 4x daily for two weeks. If it doesn't stop belly cramping, stop it.
4. Other options if bentyl doesn't work: trial of anxiolytic like paroxetin.e or anti-depressants like TCA.

Just let me know what you want to do.

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bink609: 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
Xiadnat:
cionon:

Progesterone taken for infertility can take anywhere from 25 to 50 hours for half of drug to be metabolized. So, It can take up to 5 to 7 days to completely see resolution of side effects.

Regards.

Hello xadiant,

My gf has been having this stomach pain for about 3 yrs plus. So she went for scan and they said there was nothing wrong with her so she went for HVS and urine absecc or something like dat. They told her that she has staph. Aureus and candida specie. Pls wht can she use? Pls urgent answer.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pyx: 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Xiadnat:

Hm. Possibly. How old are you? You ever had this before? Any headache? Stressed? Any visual issues: blurry etc? Scalp tenderness at right side?

Check your blood pressure.
41, not at all, slight headache but gone,.steessed..yes, no.visual issue,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Pidggin(f): 4:14am On Aug 29, 2015
Hello Xiadnat, a very close friend of mine complained to me that he experience s the following symptoms:

Reoccurring running stomach
Severe pains in her tummy every morning before stooling
Reoccurring constipation

He has to commute long distances daily due to his job, he is also an anxious person by nature. He often experiences palpitations and shortness of breath. Please advice, also do you think he should resign? What types of job do you advice for someone like him who suffers severely from stress related illnesses.He is about 30(not too sure) Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by olasha1(m): 4:34am On Aug 29, 2015
Pls help a colleague,she is married but after her marriage,her husband travel out and had issue over their(jailed) since 2012. he has was freed recently and planning to come back home soon.
the problem is the wife is 4 month $ 3 weeks pregnant for a secrete lover and disturb on if the abortion will not affect her womb and what method of abortion can she apply 4?

She live on d island(lagos) if any good recommendation can come her way
Pls your advice is highly welcome soonest
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 29, 2015
Please doctor how effective is fertilaid for women with pcos and can testicular torsion affect a man's fertility
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dudushiny: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
Pls doctors in the house and fellow nairalanders, i am currently down with malaria and i have this feeling in my chest like pressure or tightness, the chest tightness comes and goes through out the day, could this be due to the malaria? I'm just worried. I tested positive to malaria 3+
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2015
dudushiny:

I recommend going to health care center nearest to you and get the following labs: hemoglobin, ECG. Can add chest x-ray.

You may be developing symptomatic anemia from the malaria. But you want to make sure it is not your heart.

What anti malarials are you taking specifically?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2015
bink609:

Stomach pain for 3 years? Probably need for history on this abdominal pain. Unless she has symptoms in her vaginal area, you do not need to treat yeast. Staph is not the problem.

If she wants help on her stomach pain, I need to know about the pain to determine what is wrong.

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2015
pyx:

Take your blood pressure. If not visual blurriness, or tender scalp, then it is less likely what I am thinking of. Pay close attention tho, if you start feeling visual symptoms, tender scalp, do proceed to health center near you for urgent evaluation.

Otherwise, rest and relax, hydrate

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2015
Pidggin:

He does not need to quit his job if he can manage his stress. If it becomes unmanageable, perhaps consider another job then.

He likely has something called irritable bowel syndrome.

1. deal with anxiety. He can be treated with anxiolytics or anti anxiety meds.
2. can try anti-diarrheal for diarrhea. Add fiber rich foods or supplement for constipation. Or he can tackle whichever bothers him the most. I advise taking fiber in limited quantity as it can precipitate constipation as well.
3. stress management techniques
4. Keep food diaries of possible foods that are causing or worsening symptoms. Pay attention to sugary/lactose foods, caffeine, corn, wheat/gluten, citrusy substances.

Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2015
olasha1:

Consider having the baby tho. At 4 months, the abortion risk increases. She practically have to undergo evacuation of the fetus surgically.

I don't support abortion outside of emergency so I cannot recommend one. Moreover, I do not reside in Lagos or Nigeria to recommend one.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omowunminow: 11:53am On Aug 30, 2015
hi doctor, pls am having problem with my monthly flow, it only last for 2days with scanty flow though regular. my gynea place me on combination 3 which is family planning pill for a month and i am also ttc. pls help have done all necessary test, everything came out fine
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 30, 2015
fatme:

Testicular torsion can affect fertility, yes.

I don't know much about fertilaid since it's natural supplement, but there seems to be a rave about it on the internet by people who use it.

Presumably, it also works in PCOS.

I wish you well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
omowunminow:
hi doctor, pls am having problem with my monthly flow, it only last for 2days with scanty flow though regular. my gynea place me on combination 3 which is family planning pill for a month and i am also ttc. pls help have done all necessary test, everything came out fine

Are you ovulating? If you are TTC, then you cannot be on the combination 3. See if you are ovulating, that's the important bit for your TTC. The bleeding scantily is not as huge issue if you are ovulating.

I wish you well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omowunminow: 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
@doctor thanks for ur quick response, dont know if im ovulating but according to my hormonal assay im ovulating though we are treating male issue as in motility and morpohoplogy for now. thats y am concern. thanks for ur response.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
Xiadnat:
fatme:

Testicular torsion can affect fertility, yes.

I don't know much about fertilaid since it's natural supplement, but there seems to be a rave about it on the internet by people who use it.

Presumably, it also works in PCOS.

I wish you well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dudushiny: 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
Xiadnat:
dudushiny:
I recommend going to health care center nearest to you and get the following labs: hemoglobin, ECG. Can add chest x-ray.
You may be developing symptomatic anemia from the malaria. But you want to make sure it is not your heart.
What anti malarials are you taking specifically?
thanks doctor,
i just completed dose of arthemeter/lumefantrine, i also had ecg done yesterday and it came out normal, i did a fbc with mp at the time the malaria was diagnosed and doctor said the result is fine. Will see a doctor with the ecg result on monday, just worried , i hope i don't have problem with my heart.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
fatme:

OK, thank u doctor. Having one healthy testis can affect fertility? Please I'm sorry for my plenty questions

With one working testis, there are still good chances for fertility assuming normal sperm analysis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.