Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (639441 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ArabianPrince: 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
Windvane...Take your brother Dr for Sexually Transmitted Infection screening.(STI). Test will reveal infection cause and appropriate antibiotics. Avoid self medication to prevent resistance to treatment and complications.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by frakdon(m): 12:06am On Nov 02, 2015
Please any idea of how much, a test for genotype is?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ted2marv: 8:23am On Nov 02, 2015
I have this swelling in my throat(my aunt says its my tonsils-inflammed) and its giving serious challenges at work like frequent headaches.. Would appreciate if you tell me ur diagonsis nd possible treatment. Tnx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
pls docs
mum has this ish with her foot, she sometimes feel asif theres a pulse in it and cant use it to walk for sometime.
pls any idea on what might be the issue...?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by munalight(f): 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
[quote author=ArabianPrince post=39583044]@munalight. Are you overweight? If yes then you need to shed some weight.

If what you described is what it is...then your condition is called stress incontinence.

If in addition you are not able to hold your wee before you get to the loo...then that is Urge Incontinence. Having both condition is called. Mixed incontinence.

However, it is not common in your age group, unless you have had multiple birth in the past or you had a procedure. Your pelvic floor muscle is weak

You need ....Pelvic Floor Exercise. Just Google for how to go about the exercise.

Am nt overweight, no birth or procedure...thanks alot.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
dotman10:

You are quite young to have low testosterone issues. Have you actually gotten your testosterone level checked and it is low or are you guessing? If not, get level checked first. If you have, then report back number or analysis of your hormonal assay etc.

Have you seen a medical professional for this complaint at all? Reply back or just PM me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
rev2214:

I don't know what you were being treated for w/ antibiotics; save for TB or other lung infection. What are the results of the chest xray you got? I mean what did it say? Also, do you have difficulty breathing?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
pyx:

Pain control if it's just ligament/muscle strain that is causing pain. But, the cause of pain needs to be confirmed before treating.

What is your gender? And describe the details of this pain: where exactly? how long? sharp? dull? etc...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
justice28:

What does this rash look like? Itchy? painful? Can you post a pic of the rash or? Just the rash and nothing else, so I see what it looks like. Either that or give me good description to go with. I can tell ya 'cause I cannot see it.

Most recurrent rashes are either contact dermatitis- in that case, search for the culprit and stop that thing( clothing, lotion, detergent, soap, perfume etc).

The other is perhaps eczema; then try 1% hydrocortisone and apply good moisturize neutral lotion on it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2015
munalight:

Stress incontinence is likely though you are not the typical risk factor associated with it. But, it happens:

Try these:

Pelvic muscle exercises to strength your pelvic floor structure, in turn helps hold urine
Loose weight if you are obese
Drink less water and establish a bathroom schedule depending on the time of your incontinence
Can also be fitter for something called pessary or tampon when you don't want public embarrassment
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
Kennett

are you sexually active? If you are, get STD screen to be sure. Are you uncircumcised?

boils indicate you may be harboring lots of staph coupled with less than ideal hygiene practices.

If it is just skin infection, then I would advice topical antibiotics and anti staph. bath wash/rinse to limit amount colonized on your skin.

then practice good hygiene, keep area clean and dry.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
ted2mary:

Do you have other issues besides or associated with the swelling? such as difficulty swallowing or eating or is it painful?

What is your age?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2015
sammyomal:

Does your mother have any medical problems? Diabetes? Heart disease? High blood pressure?

Any pain in the leg/foot? What is the condition of her leg/foot as in is it normal looking or is it pale, hairless, cold, discolored? Any wounds?

I suggest seeing a medical professional for thorough exam especially if any aforementioned factors are present?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

Any pain in the leg/foot? aforementioned factors are present?
none ,just the leg pain.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by munalight(f): 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2015
[quote author=Xiadnat post=39652756]munalight:

Stress incontinence is likely though you are not the typical risk factor associated with it. But, it happens:

Try these:

Pelvic muscle exercises to strength your pelvic floor structure, in turn helps hold urine
Loose weight if you are obese
Drink less water and establish a bathroom schedule depending on the time of your incontinence
Can also be fitter for something called pessary or tampon when you don't want public embarrassment

Thanks alot...can surgery be done to correct it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
munalight

There is surgery. But, you should try conservative approaches first. If what I suggested do not work, there are medications.

Also: limit alcoholic beverages if you partake, and stop smoking. Do get screened for diabetes.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
sammyomal:

none ,just the leg pain.

I would get her checked out by a doctor just in case. Also, her orthotics should be investigated, as in the shoes she wears. Any injuries she is involved in? Physical activities and the like?

Get her blood pressure measured, sugar levels and have someone listen to her heart with a stethoscope and leg/foot examined and pulses checked.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ted2marv: 1:42am On Nov 04, 2015
Xiadnat:
ted2mary:

Do you have other issues besides or associated with the swelling? such as difficulty swallowing or eating or is it painful?

What is your age?

No, there is no other issue i think is related(only treated Flu recently). It just becomes really painful say like 4-5hours after a meal causing dis unwanted headache.Though kinda noticed a solid mass pushing my gum behind my molars lyk a tooth..yes, am an adult

Thnx doc. anticipate your reply

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Babydeedee: 4:18am On Nov 04, 2015
Hi doc, I got treated for malaria two months back. I was given combisunate. Two weeks ago, malaria came back, I used lonart, but I didn't complete my dose. It's back again, stronger.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 04, 2015
Xiadnat:

I would get her checked out by a doctor just in case. Also, her orthotics should be investigated, as in the shoes she wears. Any injuries she is involved in? Physical activities and the like?

Get her blood pressure measured, sugar levels and have someone listen to her heart with a stethoscope and leg/foot examined and pulses checked.
THANKS ,
would do just that...

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bintudon(f): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
Thanks alot seen.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
doctor in house cum help a sister out my bones are paining me , am feeling weak frm inside pls wat cud be the cause?

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by susanbaker: 6:53am On Nov 06, 2015
Nitro XX :- It is very important to consider how much area you've available before you get any gear. Certainly you'dnot wish to learn later the gear that you just obtained can not fit on your home. The amount of exercises that the equipment can do should also be one among your criteria that are prime. If your device has different features, you will not need to buy a new one just in case you bored or get tired with your overall workout plan.
Quicker Muscle Growth by Nitro XX ==>>> http://advancemenpower.com/nitro-xx/

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 06, 2015
Pls doctor in d house, I wnt to ask when is d appropriate time to get pregnant for someone dat has go thru CS before pls cos my nieces is worried; thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by RedCapChief(m): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
oloriomolade:
Pls doctor in d house, I wnt to ask when is d appropriate time to get pregnant for someone dat has go thru CS before pls cos my nieces is worried; thanks

Honestly, it depends on a lot of factors. There is no fixed answer and everything is individualized. What was the indication for the first CS? Is she breast-feeding? Once her menses have become regular and there is no mitigating health condition, she may attempt pregnancy

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
kween911:
doctor in house cum help a sister out my bones are paining me , am feeling weak frm inside pls wat cud be the cause?

Lots of things it could be! Tell me more about yourself and your history! Do start by visiting a doc

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
Babydeedee:
Hi doc, I got treated for malaria two months back. I was given combisunate. Two weeks ago, malaria came back, I used lonart, but I didn't complete my dose. It's back again, stronger.

Drug resistance and counterfeit drugs are often issues in developing world! You clearly still have malaria parasites in your blood stream that need to be eradicated! The only thing I can say is get tested again and target treatment based on what kind of malaria mad treatment that is effective! Try not to self treat. See a medical professional

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
ted2marv:

No, there is no other issue i think is related(only treated Flu recently). It just becomes really painful say like 4-5hours after a meal causing dis unwanted headache.Though kinda noticed a solid mass pushing my gum behind my molars lyk a tooth..yes, am an adult

Thnx doc. anticipate your reply

I wonder of tooth infection or gum abscess! I would consult with orthodontists or dentist

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by johnnobles: 1:30am On Nov 09, 2015
My issue is waiste pain. Have been on therapy with my Physio. With some pain killers. And presently with a lumber jacket. Have been on these for 4 weeks now. I can't seem to see improvements. The pains tends to move from back to front. Pls doc

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sarahveta(f): 5:44am On Nov 09, 2015
Paying too much for a gym association.According to gyms, their equipment ? fancy, Sytropin glowing computerized and hydraulic machines ? are the by yourself way to construct muscle safely and effectively. Before you objection into that heritage and into an costly relationship, pass judgment that the exercise can realize at habitat is low-cost and high-effect. For more ==== >>>>>> http://www.healthcaresups.com/scam-about-sytropin/
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dove343: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
Carrying extra weight around the waist is common for people with pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes, but it doesn't have to be that way. As a matter of fact, trimming your belly fat will not only help you look and feel better, it can also help reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke.

Making your abdominal muscles stronger has another advantage as well. They support the lower back and hold you upright. Continual poor posture puts these muscles to sleep, leaving you with a belly bump as well as an aching back.

A good ab workout will lighten your midsection and emphasize other large muscles of your body in a way that increases your metabolism (to burn fat) and improves your posture ( to make you look younger and leaner).

Join our 30-day Weight Loss Challenge tagged "Weigh-To-Healthy-You" and stand a chance to reach your weight loss goal.

To participate for FREE, simply send "YES" in a chat via WhatsApp on 08133579853.

You will be contacted with further details

Other benefits include:
Free 1-1 daily chat with our nutrition and weight loss experts

Free professional support for the next 3 months

Offer opens for the first 50 people.

-OptimalHealth

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.