Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (637565 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ganiyuadeoye: 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
please NL's, great jobs as ever and am happy to get this link,
What can be the cause of abdominal pain especially when it's up to approx 8hrs after eating. I don't want to believe this is hunger as i don't feel hungry but feel some little pain in my upper abdomen.

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
ganiyuadeoye:
please NL's, great jobs as ever and am happy to get this link,
What can be the cause of abdominal pain especially when it's up to approx 8hrs after eating. I don't want to believe this is hunger as i don't feel hungry but feel some little pain in my upper abdomen.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Several things pertaining to chest or abdomen, most likely abdomen. What is your age? Any medical conditions? any pain in the chest? Any medications?

Upper abdomen as in left side? right side? Middle side?

Ulcer is likely or gall bladder issues or reflux. Do a trial of anti-stomach ulcer, do purchase these at your local pharmacy/chemist store. Try for at least a week, so if you feel better. Take before a meal. Limit highly acidic, caffeinated, spicy or fatty foods. Eat at least 2 hours before bed, in order words, don't go to bed in full stomach. When, you lie down, lie on incline chair/bed. For bed, just add stacks of pillows. For chair, just sit upright. If you are taking, pain killers (NSADIS such as ibuprofen), do stop or limit them.

Let me know how it goes. And, we can proceed from there. Alternatively, if you do not get better or if worse, do get tested for H.plyori. Do answer the questions I asked if you can.

Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
johnnobles:
My issue is waiste pain. Have been on therapy with my Physio. With some pain killers. And presently with a lumber jacket. Have been on these for 4 weeks now. I can't seem to see improvements. The pains tends to move from back to front. Pls doc

Continue with physical therapy--some back/lumbar exercises. Pain killers alone do not restore function nor does it effectively manage the root of your pain. What are you taking for pain killers?

More info on the pain would be helpful. Injury? achy? sharp? any other appreciable symptoms/signs? Age?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tejirikennedy: 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
I have this chocking feeling in my throat as if something is stuck there.Any advice pls
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
tejirikennedy:
I have this chocking feeling in my throat as if something is stuck there.Any advice pls

Do you have other symptoms I could go off of?

Without an examination, it is hard to ascertain. Your thyroid could be the case.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tejirikennedy: 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
Started with sore throat. The feeling is usually light in the morning then gets worse later in the day. If its thyroid issue what can take for it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 10, 2015
Hi doc,please I don't know what's wrong with me ..since dis month,ve not seen my period n it normally cums every 1st week ..it ended last month on d 7th but now I ve not seen it,ve not been on any english drugs for over 7months now..in I ve dis slight pain on my nipples smtimes it gets very hard n painful wen pressed upon a pillow n ve done pt at home twice now but it still showing negative,I don't ve any problem being pregnant cos am really expecting it, but I dnt knw why its showing negative and my period aint coming,pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by muyex1(m): 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
Good day Doc, I have been unable to sleep at Night, it stared some weeks ago, i only have 2 hours sleep in the Night and after that i will not be able to sleep again, what drug can i take and what could be the course.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
tejirikennedy:
Started with sore throat. The feeling is usually light in the morning then gets worse later in the day. If its thyroid issue what can take for it?

Are you highly anxious person? or have anxiety provoking or ridden situations during your waking life?

I suggest you go for throat/thyroid examination and then go also obtain lab tests to check for your thyroid.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
Gentlejay:
Hi doc,please I don't know what's wrong with me ..since dis month,ve not seen my period n it normally cums every 1st week ..it ended last month on d 7th but now I ve not seen it,ve not been on any english drugs for over 7months now..in I ve dis slight pain on my nipples smtimes it gets very hard n painful wen pressed upon a pillow n ve done pt at home twice now but it still showing negative,I don't ve any problem being pregnant cos am really expecting it, but I dnt knw why its showing negative and my period aint coming,pls help

Ok. So, it is only day 10, so based on your story, you're not too far off. It is also too early to show up on pregnancy store bought kit.

I would suggest you wait few more days, then go ahead and get blood pregnancy test.

Relax! I reckon you are too stressed out for this- stress alone will delay your menses and hamper pregnancy.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
muyex1:
Good day Doc, I have been unable to sleep at Night, it stared some weeks ago, i only have 2 hours sleep in the Night and after that i will not be able to sleep again, what drug can i take and what could be the course.

Are you on any drugs/street substances? What do you do during the day? OR what are usual activities couple of hours before sleep time?

Any medical issues or symptoms of something off? Do you snore? toss and turn all night? feel headache and tired during the day?

Assuming the aforementioned questions are negative, then proper sleep hygiene is what you may need.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by muyex1(m): 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
Xiadnat:

Are you on any drugs/street substances? What do you do during the day? OR what are usual activities couple of hours before sleep time?

Any medical issues or symptoms of something off? Do you snore? toss and turn all night? feel headache and tired during the day?

Assuming the aforementioned questions are negative, then proper sleep hygiene is what you may need.

I don't do any thing before i sleep, what i notice is that i normally woke around 2am or 3am and i will be unable to sleep again,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
muyex1:

I don't do any thing before i sleep, what i notice is that i normally woke around 2am or 3am and i will be unable to sleep again,

Hm.. There has to be something you do before you go to sleep even if it is watching telly or looking phone etc....

So, are you particularly anxious about life or depressed etc? Age? weight/size? do you work in shifts? naps during day? any medications/substances/drug use?

Adjust your sleep hygiene

Bedroom should be conducive for restful sleep: low or soft lighting, comfortably soft but firm mattress, limit noise.
Use bedroom for sleep and sex
Eat small meals hours before sleep; don't sleep on full stomach
No looking at screen of any kind before sleep
No smoking, alcohol, caffienated beverages before sleep
Reduce anxiety/stress/depression via relaxation techniques or medications if need be
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Guguru102(m): 1:43am On Nov 11, 2015
Good Morning,house.
Please,there's a friend of mine that has
arthritis on his finger having used different
kinds of drugs prescribed by a doctor for
almost like 2months but all to no avail.
I need your advice in this regard,or better still if there is local ways of curing it.
These are the drugs he has used so far:
Rosucor 10
Rosuvastatin Calcium Tablets
Cefdoxime Proxetil Tablet USP 200mg
Algic-p
Aceclofenac 100mg
Algic-p
Aceclofenac 100mg and
paracetamol 500mg
Clamysol
Clindamycin Hydrochloride capsules 300
Ziprowin Capsules
Osteoeze MSM
Broad Spectrum
Renerve Plus
Gelules souples
Please kindly assist me. God bless.Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dove343: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
TIRED OF BEING OVERWEIGHT?

HAVING TO USE GIRDLE TO CARRY YOUR MASSIVE TUMMY?

YOUR OVERWEIGHT IS ALREADY POSING THREAT TO THE BEAUTIFUL LOOK YOU DESIRE?

OR PROBABLY YOU JUST DESIRE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE....

We need not to dwell on the fact that being OVERWEIGHT poses a lot of serious THREAT to your HEALTH and GENERAL WELLNESS

And that's why at OPTIMALHEALTH...we want a BETTER YOU!

We want you to achieve that SEXY LOOK you desire.

We want you to enjoy your WEALTH in good HEALTH.

JOIN WEIGH-TO-HEALTHY-YOU: A 30-DAY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY FOR FREE!!!

FREE?

YES, FREE!

It is an avenue to coach and support you PROFESSIONALLY on how to effectively manage your weight and lead a healthy lifestyle.

The opportunity to join is closing out....

SIMPLY SEND "YES" IN A WHATSAPP MESSAGE TO +2348133579853.

You will be connected instantly.

New coaching session starts in just few days..

ACT NOW. ACT FAST!

VISIT TO READ MORE =====>>>> http://weightohealthyyou..com.ng/
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tejirikennedy: 11:01am On Nov 11, 2015
Xiadnat:

Are you highly anxious person? or have anxiety provoking or ridden situations during your waking life?

I suggest you go for throat/thyroid examination and then go also obtain lab tests to check for your thyroid.

thanks a lot . will do as u said
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nonyowen: 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello Docs in the house great job. I know this isn't serious but it is to me so anyone kindly help.
my lips are so dark u'd think i am a chain smoker even tho i've never smoked anything.
so I want to do THE RED LIPS thingy, but I dnt knw how. I am scared of those guys in the street claiming they can do it.
Pls anyone wit experience, is it safe to patronize them? Educate me abt the process risks or any side effects and whr to go.
Thank u all.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Temmydeco: 12:30am On Nov 14, 2015
this is about your health
get in here to know the parasites that we don't take serious not knowing that they can cause great damages to our body systems...

GET ENLIGHTENED TODAY
READ AND SHARE

http://www.yogbosa.com/must-read-meet-the-world-most-dangerous-parasites-you-can-least-think-of/
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hello doc. Please do one experience implantation bleeding with ectopic pregnancy. Please reply ASAP. Tnx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by healthgexpert: 10:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
@cinon. Ectopic pregnancy is confirmed by scan or laparoscopy. Bleeding from Ectopic could be fatal if it ruptures and could lead to emergency surgery. If your scan result reveals ectopic then you need monitoring, medication to bring the pregnancy to an end and final option is surgery.

If you are feeling faint and dizzy, shoulder tip pain usually when lying down, then it means the ectopic is causing internal bleeding.

Summary, If you are already diagnosed with ectopic, don't assume implantation bleeding. What comes to mind should be rupture because even when it implants in the fallopian tube, end result is still a rupture. Go for a scan to make sure its not as I have stated above.

Best way to confirm cause of bleeding, spotting is to go for check...Scan. Because ectopic bleeding starts and stops. ( Bright red or Dark Red)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by just2okworld(f): 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
Please help a friend,she recently noticed a swell beside her navel,she can't sit up straight,doe she was on some medications recently,and she had to stop them as she can't sleep without taking those medications,can the house please help NB: the medications are olanzanpine and amytryptyline
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by painedbro: 7:22am On Nov 16, 2015
Pls doc which std causes hot sensation in the testes and penile area?been to the hospital the docs said since I was not having rash or discharges there was no std..the feeling started wen I has unprotected sex 2 months ago
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Oasoremi: 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
Good afternoon docs. I'm a 29 year old lady, single- started my menstruation at the age of 14 and I usually have it for 5 days- (Usually heavy flow) but in the last 3 months- Sept, my cycle changed (Came earlier than d usual 26 days cycle), I had it for 3 days. First day of the 3 is usually heavy like I'm use to but the remaining 2 days is just there (Flow not out of place). I am seriously worried! I didn't change my meals, nothing change. Someone should please help my fears, hope I'm not approaching menopause. I just finished Oct flow
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by healthgexpert: 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
@just2okworld. Your friend needs to visit her doctor. A clinical examination and scan may be required to ascertain what the swelling is. Probably Umbilical Hernia?? Fibroid??. She needs to seek medical attention without delay.

@painedbro. Just the mere fact that you have no rash or discharges doesn't rule out STI (Sexually Tramsmitted Infection). Do you feel pain while urinating? Has the number of times you urinate increased than usual? Have you done any laboratory test (Urine test, Swab, Blood test). Do you feel pain in your scrotum?. Do you smoke? Are you Diabetic? How has your health been generally prior to the hot sensation? Have you had STI in the past that was treated?

Oasoremi. From what you have described, having changes in cycle or flow is not out of place. Hormone changes, Stress , Contraceptives could be a cause. Chances that you are approaching menopause is very low, unless there is history of early menopause in your family. Keep calm and watch for the next flow and cycle. Hope it helps.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Juicysam(m): 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by painedbro: 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
healthgexpert:
@just2okworld. Your friend needs to visit her doctor. A clinical examination and scan may be required to ascertain what the swelling is. Probably Umbilical Hernia?? Fibroid??. She needs to seek medical attention without delay.
@painedbro. Just the mere fact that you have no rash or discharges doesn't rule out STI (Sexually Tramsmitted Infection). Do you feel pain while urinating? Has the number of times you urinate increased than usual? Have you done any laboratory test (Urine test, Swab, Blood test). Do you feel pain in your scrotum?. Do you smoke? Are you Diabetic? How has your health been generally prior to the hot sensation? Have you had STI in the past that was treated?
Oasoremi. From what you have described, having changes in cycle or flow is not out of place. Hormone changes, Stress , Contraceptives could be a cause. Chances that you are approaching menopause is very low, unless there is history of early menopause in your family. Keep calm and watch for the next flow and cycle. Hope it helps.
I don't drink I don't smoke I'm not diabetic..I dnt feel pain in my scrotum just a hot sensation in my penis nad scrotal area..I'm confused cos the lady I had it with is practically ok..I feel hot down there buh I put my hand to feel it its not hot per se..pls I would appreciate ur response
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by just2okworld(f): 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
healthgexpert:

She has gone for an abdominal scan,and it was confirmed
she has pelvic inflammatory disease,could this be a toilet
infection or what?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by networkrecharg: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
I haven't seen the doctors replies here
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
How long has this individual had arthritis? I think if h/she has tried all these medications and it is not working, then h/she can try disease modifying drugs which are more specialized for arthritis and hence more expensive.

Guguru102:
Good Morning,house.
Please,there's a friend of mine that has
arthritis on his finger having used different
kinds of drugs prescribed by a doctor for
almost like 2months but all to no avail.
I need your advice in this regard,or better still if there is local ways of curing it.
These are the drugs he has used so far:
Rosucor 10
Rosuvastatin Calcium Tablets
Cefdoxime Proxetil Tablet USP 200mg
Algic-p
Aceclofenac 100mg
Algic-p
Aceclofenac 100mg and
paracetamol 500mg
Clamysol
Clindamycin Hydrochloride capsules 300
Ziprowin Capsules
Osteoeze MSM
Broad Spectrum
Renerve Plus
Gelules souples
Please kindly assist me. God bless.Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
guguru102:

How long has this individual had arthritis? I think if h/she has tried all these medications and it is not working, then h/she can try disease modifying drugs which are more specialized for arthritis and hence more expensive.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2015
just2okworld:

She has gone for an abdominal scan,and it was confirmed
she has pelvic inflammatory disease,could this be a toilet
infection or what?

She needs to be treated empirically for STD: gonorrhea/chlaymdia; if indeed confirmed PID. PID by the way is largely a clinical diagnosis. By, what method, was PID confirmed.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
Oasoremi:
Good afternoon docs. I'm a 29 year old lady, single- started my menstruation at the age of 14 and I usually have it for 5 days- (Usually heavy flow) but in the last 3 months- Sept, my cycle changed (Came earlier than d usual 26 days cycle), I had it for 3 days. First day of the 3 is usually heavy like I'm use to but the remaining 2 days is just there (Flow not out of place). I am seriously worried! I didn't change my meals, nothing change. Someone should please help my fears, hope I'm not approaching menopause. I just finished Oct flow

Relax nothing to worry about. It's sounds like the ebb and flow of menstruation; hence the name "cycle". The length/flow changes from month to month depending on a number of physiological/hormonal factors.

Keep an eye on it, if it changes to scanty to nothing all, then visit a gynecologist. But, in the mean time, relax.

Do get your routine gynecologic health exam though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.