Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (637319 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
painedbro:
Pls doc which std causes hot sensation in the testes and penile area?been to the hospital the docs said since I was not having rash or discharges there was no std..the feeling started wen I has unprotected sex 2 months ago

Best thing to do: get STD panel to check for gonorrhea, chlaymida, trichomonas, HIV to be safe and to rule out STD for sure.

IS there any pain or difficulty with urination?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
nonyowen:
Hello Docs in the house great job. I know this isn't serious but it is to me so anyone kindly help.
my lips are so dark u'd think i am a chain smoker even tho i've never smoked anything.
so I want to do THE RED LIPS thingy, but I dnt knw how. I am scared of those guys in the street claiming they can do it.
Pls anyone wit experience, is it safe to patronize them? Educate me abt the process risks or any side effects and whr to go.
Thank u all.

I don't know about this red lips phenomenon. Can you enlighten me? What's in the concoction?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
cionon:
Hello doc. Please do one experience implantation bleeding with ectopic pregnancy. Please reply ASAP. Tnx

Yes. But, the implantation is most likely abnormal hence "ectopic" in nature- as in embryo implants anywhere that is not uterus.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
just2okworld:
Please help a friend,she recently noticed a swell beside her
navel,she can't sit up straight,doe she was on some
medications recently,and she had to stop them as she can't
sleep without taking those medications,can the house please help
NB: the medications are olanzanpine and amytryptyline

Why is she taking olanzapine and amytryptyline? These are antipsychotics and antidepressant.

Anyway, swelling near umbilicus could be umbilical hernia. Does it cause pain? protrudes when sitting up? standing up? Can the swelling be pushed back? Redness?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by painedbro: 11:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
Xiadnat:

Best thing to do: get STD panel to check for gonorrhea, chlaymida, trichomonas, HIV to be safe and to rule out STD for sure.
IS there any pain or difficulty with urination?
no pain or difficulty with urination..std panel?pls explain
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by healthgexpert: 12:43am On Nov 17, 2015
@painedbro. Please do as you have been asked to do by Xiadnat. You didn't answer my previous question...Have you had any previous history of STI? ( Sexually Transmitted Infection).

@just2okworld. PID is caused by STI, unless she was on contraception ( Coil) which could also be a risk factor for PID. She needs to get treated asap as you have been advised before complication sets in. See a Gynaecologist.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by healthgexpert: 1:02am On Nov 17, 2015
@tejirikennedy. Are you stressed or feel tired most times? Do you experience chest burn? Do you strain you voice, talk more on phone,strain you voice shouting,singing, speaking for a long time? Do you smoke? Do you experience mucus dropping more at the back of your throat?

What you have is most likely...Globus Pharyngeus. Provided you have no problem with eating and drinking and painful swallowing. Hope it helps.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by painedbro: 6:53am On Nov 17, 2015
healthgexpert:
@painedbro. Please do as you have been asked to do by Xiadnat. You didn't answer my previous question...Have you had any previous history of STI? ( Sexually Transmitted Infection).
@just2okworld. PID is caused by STI, unless she was on contraception ( Coil) which could also be a risk factor for PID. She needs to get treated asap as you have been advised before complication sets in. See a Gynaecologist.
no I have never had or treated any s t I b4..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by just2okworld(f): 8:02am On Nov 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

She needs to be treated empirically for STD: gonorrhea/chlaymdia; if indeed confirmed PID. PID by the way is largely a clinical diagnosis. By, what method, was PID confirmed.
Abdominal scan,she has taken antibiotics flagyl and vit c
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by just2okworld(f): 8:05am On Nov 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

Why is she taking olanzapine and amytryptyline? These are antipsychotics and antidepressant.

Anyway, swelling near umbilicus could be umbilical hernia. Does it cause pain? protrudes when sitting up? standing up? Can the swelling be pushed back? Redness?
She had a brief session of acute psychosis,where she went mad and was hospitalized,but she's presently at home
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by just2okworld(f): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

It does not cause pain
The swelling pushes back when she urinates
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

Yes. But, the implantation is most likely abnormal hence "ectopic" in nature- as in embryo implants anywhere that is not uterus.

Tnx doc, I ll see a gynae asap
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mofy1(f): 9:53am On Nov 17, 2015
Good morning Doc
Pls a test was done and it shows heavy growth of staph. The doc prescribe a certain injection(gentamicin) with antibiotic like cyprotab,astifer and coartem forte but still she won't stop itching her body and whereva she scrashes always swell,though it will go down later. Please what other drugs can she take b4 she infect the whole house with it plssssssssss.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pyx: 10:57am On Nov 17, 2015
Xiadnat:
pyx:

Pain control if it's just ligament/muscle strain that is causing pain. But, the cause of pain needs to be confirmed before treating.

What is your gender? And describe the details of this pain: where exactly? how long? sharp? dull? etc...
male 40+. I always feel pain along the wasteline after a long seat
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dotcomnamename: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2015
Doctors in the house, i'm male 35 i've been having back pains mainly at my waist for the past 2 months now, i've visited my doctor who suggested that i should go and do a scan. I've done the Dexa scan but the result was there is nothing wrong. Some friends said it can be jedi jedi ( Piles/ Hemorrhoids ). The back / waist pains recently reduced but i'm now experiencing another pains at my Gastrointestinal. The pains increases when i walk too much. I've never had or treated for anyone before. Please advise! Thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Oasoremi: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
Many thanks. I'll sure keep an eye on it. I was just worried but thanks to everyone for the response I got

Relax nothing to worry about. It's sounds like the ebb and flow of menstruation; hence the name "cycle". The length/flow changes from month to month depending on a number of physiological/hormonal factors.

Keep an eye on it, if it changes to scanty to nothing all, then visit a gynecologist. But, in the mean time, relax.

Do get your routine gynecologic health exam though. [/quote]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uobimba(m): 9:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
good day everyone.pls av been havimg runny stomach for days even after taking tetracycline and flygil.plz what do i do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
uobimba:
good day everyone.pls av been havimg runny stomach for days even after taking tetracycline and flygil.plz what do i do?

Stop taking the antibiotics-- it is not advisable to treat most GI bugs with abx.

Do give yourself some time to flush out whatever it is naturally. Antibiotics can make things worse.

If it continues past 3-7 days, do get a stool culture for ova and parasites.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
cuteendowed:
Pls doctors in the house, I need ur help, for some months now I have been experiencing body pain that comes virtually every week. When it started, I was treating typhoid and malaria but even when am on medication, the pain still comes, pls is their a solution to this problem?

It's hard to say as body pains are general and vague. I suggest getting tested for malaria and typhoid and then successfully treat it, if present.

Also, consider that medications can cause generalized body aches. Also, are there any other symptoms accompanied with the aches?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
dotcomnamename:
Doctors in the house, i'm male 35 i've been having back pains mainly at my waist for the past 2 months now, i've visited my doctor who suggested that i should go and do a scan. I've done the Dexa scan but the result was there is nothing wrong. Some friends said it can be jedi jedi ( Piles/ Hemorrhoids ). The back / waist pains recently reduced but i'm now experiencing another pains at my Gastrointestinal. The pains increases when i walk too much. I've never had or treated for anyone before. Please advise! Thank you.

Please, tell me more about the pain. How it started? Gradual, sudden? the nature of pain- sharp? dull? What makes it worse or better? Any injuries? Any medical/health issues? What do you do for a living or for leisure? Any other symptoms you experience.

Your collection of symptoms are rather vague. I need more to go on.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
pyx:
male 40+. I always feel pain along the wasteline after a long seat

Sounds like lumbosacral back pain, perhaps arthritic pain as well.

Practice good posture and stretch exercise.... yoga may help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
mofy1:
Good morning Doc
Pls a test was done and it shows heavy growth of staph. The doc prescribe a certain injection(gentamicin) with antibiotic like cyprotab,astifer and coartem forte but still she won't stop itching her body and whereva she scrashes always swell,though it will go down later. Please what other drugs can she take b4 she infect the whole house with it plssssssssss.

Hmm...unless she has a skin infection that is obvious, I will discontinue the antibiotics.

She may be having reaction to the antibiotics even. She can bathe with antistaph soaps and apply topical anti-bacterial ointments.

Avoid skin to skin contact of this individual will reduce spread, but truth be told, most everyone is a carrier of staph. It is not a problem until it starts causing visible skin or systemic infection.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
just2okworld:

It does not cause pain
The swelling pushes back when she urinates

She needs a formal assessment from a trained health professional to make sure it is indeed a hernia and not infection.

If it is hernia AND it is not painful or have signs of bowel incarceration, then you can generally leave it alone.

However, as soon as it is painful or have signs of infection or fever, vomiting, redness, increase in swelling, consider going for emergent exam and perhaps surgery. Surgical reduction of hernia is the definitive treatment.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by painedbro: 1:06am On Nov 18, 2015
Xiadnat:

She needs a formal assessment from a trained health professional to make sure it is indeed a hernia and not infection.

If it is hernia AND it is not painful or have signs of bowel incarceration, then you can generally leave it alone.

However, as soon as it is painful or have signs of infection or fever, vomiting, redness, increase in swelling, consider going for emergent exam and perhaps surgery. Surgical reduction of hernia is the definitive treatment.
pls doc what are the. Early symptoms of staphylococus std?? cos someone says he suspects staphylococus due to the hotness around my genitals..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:37am On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mofy1(f): 6:27am On Nov 18, 2015
Xiadnat:

Hmm...unless she has a skin infection that is obvious, I will discontinue the antibiotics.

She may be having reaction to the antibiotics even. She can bathe with antistaph soaps and apply topical anti-bacterial ointments.

Avoid skin to skin contact of this individual will reduce spread, but truth be told, most everyone is a carrier of staph. It is not a problem until it starts causing visible skin or systemic infection.

thanks Doc. God pls help o.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dotcomnamename: 11:12am On Nov 18, 2015
Xiadnat:

Please, tell me more about the pain. How it started? Gradual, sudden? the nature of pain- sharp? dull? What makes it worse or better? Any injuries? Any medical/health issues? What do you do for a living or for leisure? Any other symptoms you experience.

Your collection of symptoms are rather vague. I need more to go on.

@ Xiadnat, thanks for your reply. The pain started gradually when i stand for too long and when i walk for too long. Sometimes the pain will be sharp, sometimes it will be dull. What makes it worst is when i stand for too long or bend down to pick something, sometimes when i sit down without relaxing my back to the chair, so sometimes i support my back with a pillow. No injury at all. I don't have any medical/health issue. Currently studying. I'm a walkerholic ( i mean walking grin ), even though its obvious my stature don't really require me walking too much, but i really enjoying walking than driving or using public transport. Another symptoms i'm feeling pains at my waist left side inside, not outside, close to my Gastrointestinal. The pain suddenly switched from my back and waist pain right side. In addition, i recently used a local herbal sent to me from Nigeria for Jedi jedi ( Piles/ Hemorrhoids ) and after i went to toilet for 2 days after i use it but the pain relieved me for few days and started again. I've never had bowel problem and i don't have it now. I also feel the pain when i deliberately breath in deep just to know how it will be. Different local herbals from Nigeria has been recommended but i'm scared to get them and use so i've been making research, also thinking of seeing my doctor again.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yemixxxxxx: 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dazzle86(f): 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
hello doctor. I had an ultrasound and was told my womb is normal. right ovary normal then cyclic cyst on the left ovary.

I will like to know wether the cyst will prevent ovulation from the left ovary.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Royal30: 12:15am On Nov 21, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nmadu1: 12:59am On Nov 21, 2015
I always have excess saliva in my mouth as far as I could remember. sometimes when I talk I spit on d person am talking to and it's getting very embarrassing, please doctor what's d cause and how can I reduce d saliva in my mouth

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.