Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (637210 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lastguy: 9:35am On Nov 23, 2016
deleted
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Fraba(m): 8:40am On Nov 24, 2016
Doctors in the house I need help, my 8months old baby has scabies and am at a loss of what to use. Been looking for Permethrin without success. Pls what else can I use? It looks bad.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Devinediagnos: 9:04am On Nov 28, 2016
Medical Diagnostic Ultrasound Training

BASIC AND ADVANCED ULTRASOUND TRAINING

OBSTETRICS

Transabdomnal Ultrasound
Transvaginal Ultrasound
3D/4D Sonography

GYNAECOLOGY;

Transabdominal ultrasound
Transvaginal ultrasound
Sonohysterography ultrasound

ABDOMINAL;

Urological (kidney and prostate) ultrasound
Hepatobiliary (liver and biliary tract) ultrasound
Gastrointestinal ultrasound

SMALL PARTS;

Breast ultrasound
Testicular ultrasound
Thyroid ultrasound

VERY INTENSIVE TRAINING; MODALITIES

CORPORATE TRAINING;

Very convenient for the client as work schedule need only to be slightly adjusted.
Higher chance of hands-on experience with patients and staff.
Can be tailored to the absolute convenience of the patient

This take place at client’s health facility anywhere in Nigeria..
Obstetrics ultrasound 70,000naira.
Gynecologic ultrasound 60,000naira.
Abdominal ultrasound including prostate 70, 000naira.
Obstetrics & gynecology ultrasound only 120, 000naira per trainee.
Obstetrics, gynecology and abdomen 180,000per trainee.
Minimum of three trainees is required for us to travel to your centre for corporate training.
Progressively heavy discount from three trainees from same health facility.

BATCH TRAINING;

This take place at our premises or any training center of our choice.
Each package is 10% cheaper than the corresponding package in the corporate modality
Obstetrics take 3days, gynecology 2days and abdominal 2days.
Each day consists of two sessions; 9am to 12midday and 1pm to 4pm with break in-between.
Trainees have to join batches to be trained together and had to wait till announced date of training or when the minimum required number of attendees had been met.
Hands-on training is minimal.
Cannot be tailored to client’s schedule.
Training in Ultrasound specialties of transvaginal, breast, thyroid and testis is for one day each, costing 30,000naira each or 90,000naira for one trainee taking all four.

ULTRASOUND TRAINING PACKAGE INCLUDES;

SIMPLE, CONCISE BUT VERY COMPREHENSIVE TEXT OF MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC ULTRASOUND OF THE CORRESPONDING COURSE.
FIRST CLASS FACE-TO-FACE TRAINING WITH VISUALS.
ULTRASOUND PROTOCOL OF THE COURSE.
WELL ANNOTATED EXCEPTIONALLY RICH SONOATLAS OF THE COURSE.
PRICELESS TREATISE ON THE SETTING UP, PROFITABLE AND PROFESSIONAL RUNNING OF AN EXCELLENT MEDICAL DIAGNOSTICS PRACTICE.
HANDS –ON EXPERIENCE IF REQUIRED.
A CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCE

CALL US;

+234(0)903 238 7828
+234(0)805 541 8923
+234(0)807 466 1723
+234(0)08168529179

YOU CAN VISIT OUR OFFICE AT; Block A, SUITE 27, 2ND Floor, Alausa Shopping Mall,Obafemi Awolowo Way,Ikeja,Lagos,Nigeria

Phone:+2348074661723
Email: info@devinediagnostics.com, devinediagnostics@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by igetswagg: 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
PLEASE i think i need all the doctors in the house to help me with this....i started menstruation at the age of 13 but while growing its been irregular,i never bordered until i got dis virgined at age 20 then i became worried if i was pregnant or not.thou despite my irregular period,i became pregnant at a point and av had D&C then i was treated for staph aureus then i started visiting hospitals doing series of test has to why my period will be unstable.av used several drugs which i cant even remember their names(doctors prescriptions thou) e.g provera m2-tone cos i was being treated for amenorhea after series of test.during d several test i did,i discovered i had ovarian cyst which i was also being treated for after the drugs prescribed i went back for a scan but wasnt there.still my period kept going and coming and at times five months it would be off.i noticed that without the constant continuation of these drugs my period would still be absent.i went for hormonal assay test ,testing for testosterone,progesterone,T4,LH,FSH bt STILL no changes.am 25 years old now getting married soon and am just fed up because for the past three months now,i avnt seen my period and am not pregnant.i need all the help i can get.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uobimba(m): 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
pls doctors in the house i need your immediate attention and help.i am having what i can best describe on my own as eczema though dont know if that s the actual name but what i see is that major parts of my face appear fairer than others and if i scratch it i will see dust like substance that is whitish.Sometimes i feel itching.After taking my birth it will look as if i rubbed powder. i have experienced it for years. it goes and reappears after treatment with creams like ketoral, nizoral{i have even taken their drugs},funbact a etc Now advised me to use neo medrol cream.I am just confused.I use premier antiseptic to bath. I am 30yrs. Pls how do i tackle this mess? Your regard will be appreciated. .Thanks {08181953390)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lilybestie(f): 3:29am On Nov 29, 2016
Drs in the house pls help me. rashes always appear on my body whenever I drink tap water, rain water and the likes. its so itchy and makes me feverish. I have stop drinking it and using it brush, but I notice that whenever I shower with rain water or tap water (cold)it appears again. I have drink some drugs from pharmacy and rub some ointments . pls how can I treat it permanently.

any suggestion is welcomed.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by geogino(m): 6:56am On Nov 29, 2016
Thanks a lot
drlayla:
diabetic neuropathy see ur endocrinologist although gabapentin helps
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by switkaka(f): 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
Goodevening Drs in d house, pls am new here. Since i was a teenager my menstruation is 7 days and very heavy. Visited drs then with my mum and they said it was normal. Now d problem is am anemic now and i think its cos of d heavy flow and always sick every 4months and my blood wil be 27%. Pls i want to ask if it is normal or something is wrong wit me. Though i ve not visited any dr as an adult now. Pls reply. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by NaeChris: 8:48am On Dec 05, 2016
Balogun:
you are doing all the right things. People dont seem to appreciate how much fluid you lose even with the slightest fever. Eating well gives the viruses the chance to live out their own life quicker. Good hydration, vitamins and carbohydrate is all you need. There is an obsession for antibiotics even in the uk. They now have problems with methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus known as MRSA.
Similarly i have been feeling thesame symptoms; Runing nose, cough, chills and difficulty in breathing. I went for check up and i was told my system was/is reacting to allergy probably dust or dust mites. Atimes i feel much better after taking alot of water. I relocated from the allergen 3 days ago yet i still feel the symptoms, i only feel better after taking antibiotics. Could it be bacterial acttack or allergy. I also want to know how long it takes for my system to return to default after i have relocated thats if its allergic to something.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uobimba(m): 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
uobimba:
pls doctors in the house i need your immediate attention and help.i am having what i can best describe on my own as eczema though dont know if that s the actual name but what i see is that major parts of my face appear fairer than others and if i scratch it i will see dust like substance that is whitish.Sometimes i feel itching.After taking my birth it will look as if i rubbed powder. i have experienced it for years. it goes and reappears after treatment with creams like ketoral, nizoral{i have even taken their drugs},funbact a etc Now advised me to use neo medrol cream.I am just confused.I use premier antiseptic to bath. I am 30yrs. Pls how do i tackle this mess? Your regard will be appreciated. .Thanks {08181953390)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Madamspeaker(f): 11:01pm On Dec 07, 2016
Greetings house. Please I need ur medical assistance. I have been having anal fissure for sometime now. I experience serious pains whenever I use d toilet. I even get scared of using d toilet. I have tried to sit down on steam but it didn't work. I really wanna know if there d best medication I can use for it as its really causing me pains. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oxypress: 3:12am On Dec 08, 2016
Madamspeaker:
Greetings house. Please I need ur medical assistance. I have been having anal fissure for sometime now. I experience serious pains whenever I use d toilet. I even get scared of using d toilet. I have tried to sit down on steam but it didn't work. I really wanna know if there d best medication I can use for it as its really causing me pains. Thanks in anticipation.

hbot and anal fissure: I assume you have already visited your doctor. If you have not please do so. We expect that you have tried other conventional treatment from a reputable doctor.

It is better to examine or know the cause for us to give full advice.
However a non healing or chronic anal fissure is caused by poor blood and oxygen supply to the wound, not only infection and or impacted faeces or other diseases. Anal fissure may also result from past anorectal surgery.
To avoid an unpredictable surgical outcome hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot) will be of help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oluwanimoduroty: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2016
Hello house pls I need help concerning my period cry I don't know If there is any drug I can use to reduce the flow because I can't cope any longer. My period is always very heavy and comes with SEVERE pain cry I did abdominal scan some months back and I have no fibroid *though the test wasn't because of my period* I used up 3 double always with tampoon last month cry am still a student struggling to survive so it is hard coping. I can't go anywhere once I start and it is really affecting me Pls help me cry
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Wizdray: 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
Doctor in the house should please help me on this.
I just want to deepen my voice.
Am not a stammerer but i cant speak and talk fluently and it gives me worry.
People around me do complaints about it also
Like "Look at the way you are talking"
"Cant you talk properly"
"See the one talking through his nose"
This may sound somehow and funny but to me, its giving me concern.
I do have catarrh often and I remember the last one I had lasted roughly for 2 months and I did not threat it.
Since then, I have speaking/talking through my nose.
Is there anything I can do about this?
Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbengaoyeladun(m): 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
doctor in the house pls help me, during the world hepatitis day this year, i read it online and some days later i went to the lab to test myself and after the test the result confirm that i am positive. Pls what is the solutioon to it. Any drug to take pls
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
Lastguy: this result shows fibroid and enlarged ovaries; possible polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOD). What are her symptoms? She needs to be managed for the fibroid and PCOD if symptomatic. There are some e.coli and staph a. in her urine, but likely contamination.
Fraba: 5% permethrin.n cream: This is the most common treatment for scabies. It is safe for children as young as 1 month old and women who are pregnant. 25% benzy.l benzoate.e lotion.10% sulfur ointment. 10% crotamito.n cream. 1% linden.e lotion. There is also ivermecti.n for more severe cases though expensive. Can also use antihistamine and topical steroid if itching.

Igetswagg: what are the results of the hormonal assay? Likely you just haven’t had luck with finding the best treatment combination to regulate your menses. You will likely have issues with infertility.
Uobimba: have you seen a dermatologist-skin doctor? I am not sure I get all your history and symptoms. You may need oral Rx if topical not working.
Lilybestie: you are allergic to the elements in those water sources. You have to stop using those water sources, and get yourself a filtration system so you can filter your own water. Or you can continue using them, but see if you try an antihistamine afterwards, see if it stops the symptoms-not advisable for long term.

Switkaka: what are the results of your hemoglobin blood count? Heavy flow and anemic are abnormal and needs regulation of your menses. If your blood count is too low because of low iron, then you need iron replacement. But, you need some lab work to check for blood count and iron studies.

Naechris: if you are allergic to something in the environment, as soon as you remove from yourself from the source of the allergy, you should return to near normal within days.
Madamspeaker: first, have to get to the reasons why you are having anal fissure. But, have you tried sitz bath? Just google it? You also may need topical anesthetics just to ease the pain. Eat food that will allow for softer stool to ease defecation.

oluwanimoduroty: have you been checked out by gyn doctor? You could have fibroid, and there are some things you can do to reduce the flow like contraceptives.
Wizdray: treat your catarrah? Perhaps you have nasal blockage, worthwhile looking into.
Gbengaoyeladun: which hepatitis and what are the results? Being positive means very little w/o some context.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by NaeChris: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
Xiadnat: On that note, its not an allergy(which i had believed) cos i relocated over a week ago yet the symptoms are still present. I guess its a respiratory tract infection. Am presently on Augumetin 625mg twice daily(it had worked before when i had thesame symptoms) but not noticing any remarkable improvement lately after 3 days. Whats your take? Thanks for your concern so far. Am gratefull.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by switkaka(f): 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
@ Xiadnat thanks for ur response. Did a test PCV/HCT and d result is 24%. How do i go about d iron studies and blood count test then also iron replacement. Thanks alot[sup][/sup]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uobimba(m): 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2016
uobimba:
pls doctors in the house,am still waiting on your candid advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Wizdray: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2016
Xiadnat:

Wizdray: treat your catarrah? Perhaps you have nasal blockage, worthwhile looking into.
I don't usually treat catarrh, it goes itself whenever I have it. What is the best way to treat catarrh and also doc, how can I treat nasal blockage
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbengaoyeladun(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2016
It is hepatitis b and it is positive. But the oonly symtoms i am seeing is that my urine always red in colour.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by godwinboy(m): 8:47am On Dec 11, 2016
Please doc in the house am Godwin in enugu

Being a virgin iv always wanted to hv sex but no avail..... Masturbation was my hobby till i tested d bad effect of it..... I got a big nice dick den

So nw my story...after stopping masturbation but nt completely though i noticed my 8cm dick was nw at 6.5 which amazed me and I surfed d web for pros and cons i realized my masturbation caused it.... So m dealing with dat though

But m currently facing a STAPH problem since February.. I didn't knw it was staph so i randomly took medications based on pharmacist ideology. I dnt knw hw i got d staph but i was deflowerd by a call girl i paid

Iv been with these staph getting to a year nw.. U have a doctor who is taking care of me but he's prescription doesn't help d situation.... So he said i have lot of antibiotics in me so i shd abstain frm drugs for nw

M really dying inside as signs i experience are

*low sperm count nd it doesn't shoot as before
* my dick being smaller
*fever
*fatigue
*yellow urine
*dizziness
*occasional boils
Pls help 08101869189
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijadoc2b: 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
This is a great thread and quite the commendable effort. I will also try to assist in this health section as well and have posted a thread as well. I would value your inputs as well.

I am currently working with a few medical colleagues in partnership with major healthcare stake holders in Nigeria on bringing world class medical care to the Nigerian population. We are very interested in hearing from the masses in order to fully understand your current thoughts, needs and desires in the ideal medical practice.

We would sincerely appreciate you taking a few minutes to complete this survey to enable us to better serve your needs. We strongly believe that Nigerians should have access to world class medical care and will work hard to make this a reality!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z6THZ2F

Thank You!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by great83(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
hello doc, please recently i notice that i use to have discharge of whitish substance during sex with odour, my wife is even complaining of scratching on her private part, please which test and possible drug can i take
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oluwanimoduroty: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
@xiadnat thanks for the response.
I did an abdominal scan recently that ruled out fibriod.
Pls can I know what kinda contraceptives to use?
Thanks once again
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lastbornop: 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
Compliment of d season to everyone, especially to all d able Doctors in the house. Please I will like to know what form of contraceptives I can use as I have resume active sex after delivery through CS almost 4months ago. Please note dt Wen I was single I always had irregular menstruation (on n off).
Hubby doesn't like condoms neither do I...... Please advice me.
How long can I stay b4 conceiving again as I want to deliver next baby vaginally.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by seyiabi: 10:13am On Dec 29, 2016
great83:
hello doc, please recently i notice that i use to have discharge of whitish substance during sex with odour, my wife is even complaining of scratching on her private part, please which test and possible drug can i take

Hello,
There are a number of questions that need to be answered:
When did the discharge start?
What is the consistency of the discharge (thick or fluid)?
Do you feel pain when you go to ease yourself?
Do you have a history of unprotected sexual intercourse with multiple sexual partners?

An infection may be likely and your wife would also need to be screened too.
Tests you can do include: a Urinalysis and Urine MCS. For your wife: HVS
If infection is confirmed, you would both need to be treated.

You would eventually need to see a doctor. You can search for one and also book appointment on dokilink.com
Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by seyiabi: 10:20am On Dec 29, 2016
uobimba:
pls doctors in the house,am still waiting on your candid advice

Hello,

I would suggest you see a dermatologist (that's a doctor that specializes in treating skin conditions).
You can search for one and also book an appointment on DokiLink (dokilink.com).

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by great83(m): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
seyiabi:

Hello,
There are a number of questions that need to be answered:
When did the discharge start?
What is the consistency of the discharge (thick or fluid)?
Do you feel pain when you go to ease yourself?
Do you have a history of unprotected sexual intercourse with multiple sexual partners?

An infection may be likely and your wife would also need to be screened too.
Tests you can do include: a Urinalysis and Urine MCS. For your wife: HVS
If infection is confirmed, you would both need to be treated.

You would eventually need to see a doctor. You can search for one and also book appointment on dokilink.com
Best.

the discharge only occurred during sex, thick, and started some months ago ,i had unprotected sex with my ex
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oxypress: 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
eMidas:
Hello Doctors in the house.
I need urgent help please.
I'm having a neuropathic ulcer on the sole of my left foot. I'm not diabetic either. in fact I have abstained from eat added salt to any cooked food for close to a year now.
The wound (up to 10mm wide now) and averagely deep too. it has been there since February. it's getting bigger and now trying to replicate on my toes. it's getting unbearable for me. I get a burning sensation or at times a cool sensation on the foot. Please, what do I do now. At least a cure. its got some dead tissues inside and trying to get smelly with almost a dark surrounding edge. I have PG exams to write in 2 weeks at a stretch.
What drugs do I take, please. I'm so scared.
thank you.
eMidas &hbot;You have to struggle hard to avoid amputation.
Let the surgeon examine the wound and clean it up by removing dead tissues or bones.
They will administer antibiotics after a culture and sensitivity test result of the wound.
Rest the foot or avoid pressure on the wound to allow oxygenated blood to reach the wound.
Add hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot) to enhance the healing of the ulcers.
HBOT may be the major healing factor because the wound has been expanding despite all measures. It is not receiving enough oxygenated blood so the tissues are dyeing.

HBOT can influence the wound positively in many ways. Click and read........www.worldwidewounds.com/2001/april/Wright/HyperbaricOxygen.html
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lululuv(f): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
Pls Docs. I have a five year old boy, he urinates alot lately. Like every minuite he would want to per sometimes just a drop. What could be wrong with him?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ayokunmi123(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
pls doctor, how can i prevent or solve early morning seizure that leads to jamming of the tongue and it bleeds??...thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.