Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635687 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Stevecares(m): 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
Thank you doctor. I do really think I need to see a psychiatrist. What caused my panick disorder linguered on for too long. Am trying to put my self together now. The doctor ordered a malaria and typhoid test because I was having fever. Even my throat as i explained, i was feeling like there's lump of swallowed food that will not move down(no pain or swell, just inner feeling). The throat feeling started when I was greatly emotionally troubled(in deep tears) when all of a sudden as i was walking to a hospital because i was feeling hot and ill, suddenly i felt heavy on my right shoulder and then blockage in my throat. I was such in a sorry state. I keep drinking water all the time to loosen my throat, manytimes the feeling subside. This was last month early August. Now i don't feel the blockage as before. I was so scared i went for HIV test. It was Negative. Yet, am still scared and worried, like am going crazy. It all started when i mistaken had unprotected sex with my fiance(girl frnd). That same day, when she left, was when i had the panick attack(cos its against my faith and a sin). I was so deep in sorrow and repentant and anxiety of my wrong and the possibility of her getting pregnant. Few weeks past, nothing. She was not. My anxiety shifted to the possibiliy of her being HIV positive, because we hav been distant for a year. She went for the test on my request, she said it was Negative. But i was stil uncertain cos she confessed she cheated once(2 years ago)..which word added more to my heart pounding. Am such in a confused state. Thats the genesis of my fast heart beat and High BP together with my work stress and poor sleep. Now, I feel so different like am dying. Am on Lexotan, Asomex and Bisoprolol fumarate 5mg( a replacement to Corbis because i couldn't find it in the nearby pharmacy). Pls I advise me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
aribisala0:

GENERAL ACM! kedu?

undecided
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hi Doctor, I have this burning sensation in my chest for over a week now. Makes me feel horrible. When I belch, it tastes horrible like I swallowed poison what could be the problem? Pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 5:29am On Sep 14, 2012
Choicegirl: Hi Doctor, I have this burning sensation in my chest for over a week now. Makes me feel horrible. When I belch, it tastes horrible like I swallowed poison what could be the problem? Pls help

From your description of your condition, you may have a condition known to doctors as Gastro-esophageal reflux disease(GERD). It's a problem that primarily affect the oesophagus. Oesophagus is a hollow tube that connects your mouth to your stomach. There is a sphincter at the border between the oesophagus and the stomach. This prevents the stomach contents reflux to the oesophagus. Therefore, stomach content cannot gain access to the oesophagus. Besides, the surface of oesophagus and stomach are lined by different types of cells. The cells found on the surface of the stomach can withstand a high acidic environment, while the oesophagus cannot.
When there is an incompetence/leakage at the sphincter/border between the oesophagus and stomach, the highly acidic content of the stomach gains access to the lower part oesophagus. This causes irritation and burning sensation on your chest. It's like swallowing an acid.

You have to meet a gastroenterlogist in any teaching hospital near you. The treatment of your condition mimics the treatment of peptic ulcer. Just some minor adjustment. Cheers
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 5:36am On Sep 14, 2012
ayobarmy: Hi docs, pls my wife has been complaining of this pain in her lower abdomen anytime we have sex, it wasnt like that b4 ooo it started after she gave birth, pls what can be the cause and solution... Thanks and God bless......

The pain might be psychological due to the trauma of child birth or due to her past experiences in life. Though it may have other causes.
Meet a gynaecologist in any teaching hospital near you. All the best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tmany(m): 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
hi doctor am 22 year old for the past one year nau have been having random sharp pain around my body it feels like am been hit with a sharp pin it mostly occur while am resting but for the past 3 weeks now its getting unbearable, it goes on and off have felt it almost every except from my neck upwards
i don't know wether it because been thinking abt it much my chest feels heavy
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tmany(m): 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
have been thinking of when it started and what trigger the pains i have ingrowing nail on my two toe done the operation on one abt to do on the other one think its started when i was abt to do the first operation, after the operation the pain Stopped so i think its triggered when my toe is sore like now, if i use any antibiotic i get relieved also
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Stevecares: Thank you doctor. I do really think I need to see a psychiatrist. What caused my panick disorder linguered on for too long. Am trying to put my self together now. The doctor ordered a malaria and typhoid test because I was having fever. Even my throat as i explained, i was feeling like there's lump of swallowed food that will not move down(no pain or swell, just inner feeling). The throat feeling started when I was greatly emotionally troubled(in deep tears) when all of a sudden as i was walking to a hospital because i was feeling hot and ill, suddenly i felt heavy on my right shoulder and then blockage in my throat. I was such in a sorry state. I keep drinking water all the time to loosen my throat, manytimes the feeling subside. This was last month early August. Now i don't feel the blockage as before. I was so scared i went for HIV test. It was Negative. Yet, am still scared and worried, like am going crazy. It all started when i mistaken had unprotected sex with my fiance(girl frnd). That same day, when she left, was when i had the panick attack(cos its against my faith and a sin). I was so deep in sorrow and repentant and anxiety of my wrong and the possibility of her getting pregnant. Few weeks past, nothing. She was not. My anxiety shifted to the possibiliy of her being HIV positive, because we hav been distant for a year. She went for the test on my request, she said it was Negative. But i was stil uncertain cos she confessed she cheated once(2 years ago)..which word added more to my heart pounding. Am such in a confused state. Thats the genesis of my fast heart beat and High BP together with my work stress and poor sleep. Now, I feel so different like am dying. Am on Lexotan, Asomex and Bisoprolol fumarate 5mg( a replacement to Corbis because i couldn't find it in the nearby pharmacy). Pls I advise me.

These symptoms are non-specific and I cannot tie it to a particular disorder. They are collectively called somatization disorder by psychiatrists. Meaning that psychiatric disorder manifests as bodily symptoms. Pls meet a psychiatrist immediately.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by malignant1: 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dear mod,
Your pyguru has gone berserk once again. Unban ACM10 and make my comment visible
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
My response to Stevecares is still hidden
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omoharry(f): 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
Dr. thank you for your free consultancy services.I discovered a lump on both side of my breast recently from a health centre.I want to go for check up. but i m affraid.meanwhile prior to this time, i have been having mensural inbalance and menorriagia of which my gyno had to put me on medication (primolut)do i have cos to be affraid?could it be benign or malignant lump? i m 31 yrs old.Also from the screening i was told i have HPV.I m very surprise becos i hv not been sexually active for years.i was told that i need a vaccine to prevent it from becoming cancer,but on the internet, i am made to understand that vassine is only for YOUND LADIES THAT HAVE NOT CONTACTED THE VIRUS.WHT DO U THINK IS THE RIGHT APPROACH TO GET RID OF THIS SINCE MY LOW IMMUNE SYSTEM CANNOT FIGHT IT.Very confuse here.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:04am On Sep 16, 2012
omo harry: Dr. thank you for your free consultancy services.I discovered a lump on both side of my breast recently from a health centre.I want to go for check up. but i m affraid.meanwhile prior to this time, i have been having mensural inbalance and menorriagia of which my gyno had to put me on medication (primolut)do i have cos to be affraid?could it be benign or malignant lump? i m 31 yrs old.Also from the screening i was told i have HPV.I m very surprise becos i hv not been sexually active for years.i was told that i need a vaccine to prevent it from becoming cancer,but on the internet, i am made to understand that vassine is only for YOUND LADIES THAT HAVE NOT CONTACTED THE VIRUS.WHT DO U THINK IS THE RIGHT APPROACH TO GET RID OF THIS SINCE MY LOW IMMUNE SYSTEM CANNOT FIGHT IT.Very confuse here.

Visit a general surgeon. He may have to remove the lump in your bre.ast and subject it to histology. Only histology will determine if the lump is benign or malignant. I expect the lump to be benign.

Mennorhagia is a technical term. Can you give me a vivid description of your menstruation in terms of days, number of pads used in a day, how soaked are those pads. Do you observe any blood clot?

There is vaccine for HPV, but it is only for people that has not been exposed to the infection. Some serotypes of HPV are risk factor for the induction and progression of cervical cancer.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omoharry(f): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
yes.Heavy bleeding that i had to support my bad with toilet tissue.(could finish two rolls of tissue in a day ) yes the cloths were very heavy and thick.its sometimes slide through the pad down to my leg when its full.its was on the six day without any improvement until is met a gyno who gave me injection to stop it. now i m on medication(primolut) to regulate it.it was so bad that i drop down some pounds, had to take bllod tonic to get some energy.
Dr. if HPV Vaccine is for only people that have not yet been expose to the disease, what hope do i have to either cure this disease or prevent the risk of cervical cancer?what do i need to do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
omo harry: yes.Heavy bleeding that i had to support my bad with toilet tissue.(could finish two rolls of tissue in a day ) yes the cloths were very heavy and thick.its sometimes slide through the pad down to my leg when its full.its was on the six day without any improvement until is met a gyno who gave me injection to stop it. now i m on medication(primolut) to regulate it.it was so bad that i drop down some pounds, had to take bllod tonic to get some energy.
Dr. if HPV Vaccine is for only people that have not yet been expose to the disease, what hope do i have to either cure this disease or prevent the risk of cervical cancer?what do i need to do?

Your immune system will take care of the HPV infection. It is not everyone that develops HPV infection that eventually progresses to cervical cancer. Only few women do. So relax your mind and take care of the menorrhagia first. If you are so worried about developing cervical cancer; then you must visit your gynaecologist to do a pap smear analysis every 2yrs.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Stevecares(m): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
Good day doctor. The psychiatrist helped me to think positive. (Am having blocked noise on my right). On the aspect of my medication I have been using prescription drugs for High BP and heart palpitation for over a week-plus now. Am on Asomex 2.5 and Bisoprolol fumarate 5mg (one tablet each daily). Two days ago I went to complain to the pharmacy that am feeling slight headache, warm, dizzy and slight stomach pinch sometimes. She rechecked my BP and palpitation, and it reads that my BP has droped low like 125 from 147, but my heart beat is stil a little greater than 100. She asked me to suspend Asomex but take only Bisoprolol. Today when I read my BP myself per minutes, it reads 71, and i do not feel the heart pounding. But it is not constant, it sometimes fluctuate, i feel the pounding( at times, when lying down or resting or occasionally and when am emotional or lifting a heavy object). Am concerned because with my present medication I do not want to end up developing a low BP and slow heart beat. I feel like stop using the medication.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2012
Stevecares: Good day doctor. The psychiatrist helped me to think positive. (Am having blocked noise on my right). On the aspect of my medication I have been using prescription drugs for High BP and heart palpitation for over a week-plus now. Am on Asomex 2.5 and Bisoprolol fumarate 5mg (one tablet each daily). Two days ago I went to complain to the pharmacy that am feeling slight headache, warm, dizzy and slight stomach pinch sometimes. She rechecked my BP and palpitation, and it reads that my BP has droped low like 125 from 147, but my heart beat is stil a little greater than 100. She asked me to suspend Asomex but take only Bisoprolol. Today when I read my BP myself per minutes, it reads 71, and i do not feel the heart pounding. But it is not constant, it sometimes fluctuate, i feel the pounding( at times, when lying down or resting or occasionally and when am emotional or lifting a heavy object). Am concerned because with my present medication I do not want to end up developing a low BP and slow heart beat. I feel like stop using the medication.

Ask the psychiatrist if he knew about a condition called panic attack, which is classified under anxiety disorder.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hajikebs(m): 11:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
How can I cure this fast heart beat.its becoming unbearable
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 6:13am On Sep 18, 2012
hajikebs: How can I cure this fast heart beat.its becoming unbearable
Meet a cardiologist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Aloli(f): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hi everyone!
Would like to ask d doctor wat I cam do cos I have been having heartburns daily.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Theyrem: 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hello Doc, I was diagnosed with streptococcus pneumonia and Augmentin was prescribed to me along with a cough syrup. After using 3 packs of the drug, I became dehydrated. And then I was told I should've used the drug with a blood tonic. This got me confused and is prompting me to ask 'since the drug dehydrates, should it be taken with a blood tonic or an oral rehydration suspension?'
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
Theyrem: Hello Doc, I was diagnosed with streptococcus pneumonia and Augmentin was prescribed to me along with a cough syrup. After using 3 packs of the drug, I became dehydrated. And then I was told I should've used the drug with a blood tonic. This got me confused and is prompting me to ask 'since the drug dehydrates, should it be taken with a blood tonic or an oral rehydration suspension?'

Pls, kindly visit a hospital for proper diagnosis and treatment
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
Aloli: Hi everyone!
Would like to ask d doctor wat I cam do cos I have been having heartburns daily and it messes wit ma breadth

Visit any hospital near you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tmany(m): 7:27am On Sep 19, 2012
doc pls y am i not having a response
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2012
Tmany: doc pls y am i not having a response

Maybe I skipped it. Can you post your complaints again?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tmany(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
hi doctor am 22 year old for the
past one year now have been
having random sharp pain around
my body it feels like am been hit
with a sharp pin it mostly occur
while am resting but for the past 3 weeks now its getting unbearable,
it goes on and off have felt it almost
everywhere except except form my neck upward

thinking of when it
started and what trigger the pains i
had ingrowing nail on my two toe
done the operation on one about to
do on the other one think its
started when i was about to do the first operation, after the operation
the pain Stopped so i think its
triggered when my toe is sore like
now, if i use any antibiotic i get
relieved also
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tmany(m): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
hi doctor am 22 year old for the
thinking of when it
done the operation on one about to do on the other one think its
started when i was about to do the first operation, after the operation the pain Stopped so i think its triggered when my toe is sore like now, if i use any antibiotic i get relieved also
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
Tmany: hi doctor am 22 year old for the
thinking of when it
done the operation on one about to do on the other one think its
started when i was about to do the first operation, after the operation the pain Stopped so i think its triggered when my toe is sore like now, if i use any antibiotic i get relieved also

Your symptoms are not pointing to a particular problem. You may need to consult your doctor. Let him take a closer look.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by filcast(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
hi doc,for some years now i ve been having some unusual and embarasing symptoms in my gut:
-my stomach is always troubled.when is not noisy,its rumbling
-my lips are always dry especially when am talking.this seems to make me to eject saliva when i talk.
-i belch noisily too often especially when i eat or drink anything
-i seem to have bad breath
the doctors say its ulcer but all the antibiotics i ve taken have not worked as the symptoms persisted.pls advise me on what to do.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
filcast: hi doc,for some years now i ve been having some unusual and embarasing symptoms in my gut:
-my stomach is always troubled.when is not noisy,its rumbling
-my lips are always dry especially when am talking.this seems to make me to eject saliva when i talk.
-i belch noisily too often especially when i eat or drink anything
-i seem to have bad breath
the doctors say its ulcer but all the antibiotics i ve taken have not worked as the symptoms persisted.pls advise me on what to do.

1. Do you feel a burning sensation at the upper part of your belly?
2. If "yes", does it come before or after meal?
3. Do you brush your teeth and tongue after meal?

You need to drink water adequately. Drink 3 litres or more everyday. Take light meal in the morning, heavy meal in the afternoon; light meal in the evening. Maintain good oral hygiene. Finally, you may need to see a doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by filcast(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
ACM10:

1. Do you feel a burning sensation at the upper part of your belly?
2. If "yes", does it come before or after meal?
3. Do you brush your teeth and tongue after meal?

You need to drink water adequately. Drink 3 litres or more everyday. Take light meal in the morning, heavy meal in the afternoon; light meal in the evening. Maintain good oral hygiene. Finally, you may need to see a doctor.
Am so grateful for your response.
-yes i do feel burning sensations in my abdomen and its worse before meals and when i take fried or spicy food.most times i feel relieved after defeacating.i suspect its ulcer because of the burning sensations but my worry is the dry lips and the belching.
-i brush twice a day: b4 breakfast and after dinner.i dont brush in the afternoon.
Doctors seem not to believe me when i narrate my story.i think they feel its psychological.
I will try your instructions on meals and fluids. Thanks a lot.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by optimus30: 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hello doc,good friend of mine has a very strong phobia 4 hiv which has affected his day to day life,according to him it all started after discussing abt hiv with his friends during his sec.,sch days(now in uni),he washes his hands like mad,gets scared when he cms across used condoms on d street cos at dat point he believes he stepped on it,he doesn't go anywhere except sch,gets freaked out when he touches anything which he cn't identify d source eg water may seem like body fluid to him unless he's convinced is nt by sme1,he washes anything he cmes bck with as a result he doesn't go out with his phone or laptop n also anything he believes he touches when he gets bck 4rm sch is also washed or cleaned,i've tried 2 mk him stop bt cn't,after much research,i discovered it cld b OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder)n so far no available drugs 4 it,with leads 2 ONE question,will he ever stop?,his a very brilliant guy,pls nid ans.Thnks

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.