Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (80134 Views)

The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by azaino: 5:40am On Nov 16, 2016
aloziedaya:
This shows that a woman in that community is far cheaper than a tokunbo Toyota Camry Orobo.
Omo, your wife to be is too cheap. Go and marry and stop complaining.
That woman is yours for life.
You won't post it here if they give you the price of a used Range Rover sports at Berger. You'll proudly buy it if you've the money.
If a man cannot spend money to marry a woman he loves, I bet he can't take good care of that woman.
In my area in Abia state, it is a thing of pride to fulfill all demands in marrying a woman

BECAUSE WOMEN ARE JEWELS.
#goandmarry
#Stopcomplaining
Here you are comparing woman and car, do you think the two should be compared
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 16, 2016
rosalieene:

Who is this one!! Just fvck off my mentions
attention seeking TROLL
God doesn't recognize the fact that you exist so your idea/mindset doesn't count.
see who is talking about poverty alleviation, I bet you are one of those poor church rats jumping from.one thread to another looking for who will notice them.
Don't worry, you've been noticed.
Hungry IMO girl ....go and make your money and stop straining your in laws to buy pad for your mum during introduction ...

marriage has become a poverty alleviation scheme for you Imo girls upon say una don even fvck tire before that marriage and una go still fvck outside after marriage.

ooooh....I see..you girls are been bought as slaves

if I should marry any IMO girl like you,,u will be constantly present in the other room
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 16, 2016
rosalieene:

Who is this one!! Just fvck off my mentions
attention seeking TROLL
God doesn't recognize the fact that you exist so your idea/mindset doesn't count.
see who is talking about poverty alleviation, I bet you are one of those poor church rats jumping from.one thread to another looking for who will notice them.
Don't worry, you've been noticed.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2016
azaino:

that is why Igbo guy men marry very late, cos u have to consider your pocket viability before dreaming about marriage.
Sad truth embarassed..
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 7:27am On Nov 16, 2016
MrRitchie:
You better retrieve your sister from him.. Bro Taiwo has joined bad gang, he's now a yoruba demon
Lol. I'll do just that! cheesy
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by blimeyVic(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2016
If a Man really loves a lady from Aboh Mbaise, he should proceed with his marriage intention. However,to ensure that his greedy woman-selling inlaws never get high returns,he should never 'monetize' anything on that list. Give them umbrella,shoe,and cap (lol) , and in few years to come those things will depreciate in value. Even the tubers of Yam will not quench the hunger in their lineage.
#Remember to register ur semi-automatic', should they come visiting.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by richiepolymer(m): 9:33am On Nov 16, 2016
Na poverty still dey make people do this kind thing. Advanced poverty!!! Guised as tradition.
I even observed that when easterners marry themselves they are a bit flexible with the list thing, but when a man goes there to pick a wife? You will ask yourself who sent you. Many reasons why eastern men marry from other tribes. It varies though from community to community in the east.
In deep spiritual sense, nothing should be collected from a suitor who seeks to marry a lady rather the suitor should be made to do something symbolic to prove he has become a man and is matured enough to be able to head a family.

MrRitchie:
I was preparing for work this morning when my elder bro sent this (paper) to me via email.

I once heard if you want to marry a girl from the east you'll have to pay extra $€£¥

Ok, back to the matter, my bro is preparing for his traditional wedding anytime soon.

Below is the list of things they ask him to buy, after I was done with the calculations and all, I got a total of close to #500,000 just to buy things listed in the list.

Mind you the list doesn't include food, drinks, canopies, chairs just to name a few that will be used in the event.

I just said in my mind, Eku tracession wedding.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 9:53am On Nov 16, 2016
The earlier the better o
amicable09:

Lol. I'll do just that! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by priscaoge(f): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2016
azaino:

what you said are all true, my father has told me the same thing when I commended *AKOKWA* my home town for the cheaper cost of marriage, my cut in and said Arondizugo is more cheaper. and I learnt how nice and respectful their girls can be. definitely I will be patronizing arondizugo when I see anyone that will captivate me. and as for the juju that one no concern me at allll

Some people think it was a lie tho. I have attended a marriage ceremony in Akokwa and their tradition is similar to ours, just a little difference.....
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by azaino: 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
priscaoge:

Some people think it was a lie tho. I have attended a marriage ceremony in Akokwa and their tradition is similar to ours, just a little difference.....
I have heard of obodoukwu, urualla but arondizugo still remains the cheapest. most of their girls are very humble

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by dejilg(m): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
lonelydora:
I wonder why people complain about marriage lists. If you really love the girl you want to marry, nothing is too expensive in paying for the list, otherwise leave her alone and look elsewhere. It's called 'TRADITION' and you can't change tradition.

And to see my crush, priscaoge, just commented below me.

yes, a tradition that doesn't care about the wellbeing of the couple afterwards. make dem keep their daughter o!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
fweshyboi:

slave trade part 2.. this is how dey advertise slaves in those days grin grin grin grin
Iya la iyae
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
It's very simple just go ahead and marry her or forget about her.there are many fishes in the river
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by troy20(m): 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2016
analyser:
And do y'all knw mbaise woman are the most hard working Women in the world? My mum is a perfect example if i go into details you'lld be wowed , have'nt u been to a market in lagos and then, u hear people chant nwa yi mbaise,check out shes the most hard working in the market. Marrying a woman from mbaise is an investment y'all, watch ur family will never be broke neither separated. I am tempted to tell you how strong and ambitious how my mum and five sisters are but that oughta be on a Dm or a thread . Iyaff tired for too much talk from people hu lonn knw jack abt wat they saying even an aboki sef wee be telling mbaise do dis wan mbaise do dah wan. if i slap ur papa ehn
Cha! Cha! Cha mbaise kwezuo nu, rie nu, nyu nu
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by ebonflexy(m): 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
Piercedclit:
All this things na guide. No be say the quantity must equal what is on the list. E.g if 100 tubers of yam is on the list, you can buy 40 or 50, same with the other things.
E be like say none of una don dey where dem dey pay woman bride price. E be like inside market.

Okay but why all this?
What are they pricing? Is that not de-humanizing?
Later if they say they are selling their daughter, they will say another thing.

Igbo people never want to face the truth of their culture, as long as that culture means more money in their pocket.
I'm tired of infusing logic into igbo people about this subject.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
ebonflexy:

Okay but why all this?

Igbo people never want to face the truth of their culture, as long as that culture means more money in their pocket.
I feel the same way you feel to.
I don't like the Expensive bride price and the exorbitant things on the marriage list but it still boils down to the family you're getting married to. If it's a reasonable family i believe, then they should guide you so you're able to cut down a lot. but if na family wey use their daughter get hope and are very expectant or wharreva, then sorry is the case.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
ebonflexy:

Okay but why all this?

My friend long time.
Are you getting married to an igbo lady grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by ebonflexy(m): 1:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
Phi001:

Are you sure?
My father bought 200 tubers for my mum and my grandfather's elder brothers were complaining that the tubers weren't fat enough...
When my grandfather wanted to talk, they were like "Jonas shut up, you're still a small boy."
They counted two as one and told him to goan bring another 100 tubers.

grin grin grin
Now THIS is why I will never on my own volition go as far as marriage with an igbo lady.
Especially now...
Too many hungry igbo men trying to rebuild their funds and market stock on top your head post-recession.
Those girls are on their own!

To avoid wasting anyone's time, I don't even date them. When I ask a girl her name and she tells me Ngozi, Chichi, blah blah...to me it's an instant turn-off for anything relationship. Unless na only fawk I wan fawk.

For relationship leading to marriage, You can find beautiful girls everywhere else.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by ebonflexy(m): 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
Piercedclit:

My friend long time.
Are you getting married to an igbo lady grin

Lol for why? shocked
No be me and dem
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by ebonflexy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
Fabulousb36:
Let me advice u on d best way to Go abt this.
First, d elders (umunna) and the women (umunwanyi) are ur worst enemies. They don't even like d fact dat u are getting married to dat girl Cox those they'd rather u come nd marry their own daughters. So don't even think of compromising their list esp if ur father in-law is Not one of them/ based in d village.
In order to avoid dem properly don't buy What they have written down just ask them d cash equivalent of their list dis gives u a negotiation edge. If u make d mistake of buying d things on d list and u forget a pin dey will Go as far as ruining ur wedding
Second, pay d dowry and do all negotiations a day b4 d wedding. this will help u save ur self d shame of being embarrassed b4 ur guest.
Third, the things of list for ur mother nd father in-law must Not b bought completely just buy d important one's.
finally, The umunna will treat u based on How u present urself. if u Go and start acting like a rich man dey will deal with u.
I am talking from experience

^^^
This girl is on point.
Listen to her.
This is how the average Igbo extended family members think, because only then can you make someone's child's marriage hard, difficult and expensive.

Yet igbo culture still relegates that the opinions of the enemies of their progress should STILL matter. It is not logical, neither is it pragmatic.
Other tribes? It's no one's fawking business but the Father of the bride, AS IT SHOULD BE!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by henrydanger: 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
My fiancee is an mbaise woman, I no go die o
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by sleepingqueen25(f): 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
Big fat lie....social media will definitely cos kasala
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 4:00am On Sep 22, 2017
shocked
Lilimax:
Abeg, this list na die
This means that most of the girls from this town will turn to NNa-ga-anu if drastic steps are not taken to overturn this list! embarassed
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by kayusely70(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2019
westlius:
the part I love here is the packet of Benson cigarettes
Smoking is dangerous to your health.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by gago1: 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
My fiancée is from ezhinittee mbaise and I love her so much but the bride price m afraid of but mother in law has told me I should not be afraid that when m ready I should present wat I have. Mbaise women are too good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by 4ckyou: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2021
lonelydora:
I wonder why people complain about marriage lists. If you really love the girl you want to marry, nothing is too expensive in paying for the list, otherwise leave her alone and look elsewhere. It's called 'TRADITION' and you can't change tradition.

And to see my crush, priscaoge, just commented below me.

What are you saying, that's why imo girls are crying every day that even their men are running away from them
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by 4ckyou: 8:00am On Jan 29, 2021
domnwan:
It is written there doesn't make it non negotiable, if you get ur own children make it free and leave the mbaise people alone.....we are not complaining, marriage to our daughters is not for poverty stricken being so be wise

That's why you ladies keep crying on social media that they can't get men to marry them grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Bridget95(f): 7:41am On May 08, 2023
All this things na guide. No be say the quantity must equal what is on the list. E.g if 100 tubers of yam is on the list, you can buy 40 or 50, same with the other things.
E be like say none of una don dey where dem dey pay woman bride price. E be like inside market.
you are correct
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Bridget95(f): 7:44am On May 08, 2023
ebonflexy:

grin grin grin
Now THIS is why I will never on my own volition go as far as marriage with an igbo lady.
Especially now...
Too many hungry igbo men trying to rebuild their funds and market stock on top your head post-recession.
Those girls are on their own!

To avoid wasting anyone's time, I don't even date them. When I ask a girl her name and she tells me Ngozi, Chichi, blah blah...to me it's an instant turn-off for anything relationship. Unless na only fawk I wan fawk.

For relationship leading to marriage, You can find beautiful girls everywhere else.
Tell us say your account balance is almost red and we will understand.

Anyways Bose is always available for you at Mushin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. / Help With Wife's Sleeping Position / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.