Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (79883 Views)

The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by hotseat: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2016
After spending so much money to buy this wife, I will chain her o. Because I no wan hear o.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Genycharl(f): 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
MrRitchie:
Really? In this recession, spending nothing less than 500k to get just the items alone

These are the main stuff nah, the bride price can be like 10,000 it's not a big deal. And they will definitely slash some stuffs
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by LordIsaac(m): 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
Gender equality terms will not be seen here o.....hypocrisy at its peak!

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by FakoMaybach1: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
Later if i fire Mbaise dem go say Biafra this Biafra that, if i quote the snake and mbaise man story them go abuse me...why i no go dislike this people.

i wonder the kind of Love this people are encouraging by trying to Bankrupt young men, at first it used to confuse me on how they havent gone extinct, but i heard from sources that when Mbaise is marrying Mbaise it is usually cheaper, but if u are an outsider they will bare their fangs.

They give the cock and bull excuse that this list make a man love his wife more i say "Bollocks" Mbaise also have divorce just as any other tribe or race,

They say their daughters are not for paupers i say "Balderdash" there are broke couples from that region, paying an outrageous price for marital items is not an automatic ticket to wealth.

I have a friend that is in love with an Mbaise babe; but issues like this dey make the poor guy think twice....Traditions can be fine tuned as tribal marks is being looked at please let them look at this aberration.

That list i saw there is even moderate, i heard some will ask u to buy generator (mikano) and Tecno phones too

12 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by phranklyn92(m): 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
chai...na by force to marry? grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Ekeremgba(m): 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2016
talktonase:
Just tell me you want to open provision shop/restaurant/beer parlour...

whats ur own? Gan sit dan jare
weting concern u with our custom we ask u to come marry one of our queen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by clans(f): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
Dgunnerz:
I need a wife too from this town..Where can I find one?
I'm here oooo.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by effty(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
MrRitchie:
I was preparing for work this morning when my elder bro sent this (paper) to me via email.

I once heard if you want to marry a girl from the east you'll have to pay extra $€£¥

Ok, back to the matter, my bro is preparing for his traditional wedding anytime soon.

Below is the list of things they ask him to buy, after I was done with the calculations and all, I got a total of close to #500,000 just to buy things listed in the list.

Mind you the list doesn't include food, drinks, canopies, chairs just to name a few that will be used in the event.

I just said in my mind, Eku tracession wedding.
It can be negotiated to even below a quarter of that 500k except ur bro decides to act the fool by accepting that fraud of a list. If u need more scope, lemme know.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by effty(m): 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
lonelydora:
I wonder why people complain about marriage lists. If you really love the girl you want to marry, nothing is too expensive in paying for the list, otherwise leave her alone and look elsewhere. It's called 'TRADITION' and you can't change tradition.

And to see my crush, priscaoge, just commented below me.
Tradition dey like Peak milk and Benson cigarettes abi?

10 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:
Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm still proud of my village ARONDIZUOGU anytime anyday tongue tongue tongue. Bride price is still 25naira till tomorrow, then the list won't cost u more than 150k(plus and minus) but maybe because of recession, prices of stuff in d market go dare (Ask anyone from Izuogu). Anything u wish to buy for the parents is solely from Ur heart and its not included in d list.
25 naira is still too much for bride price. It's less in my village. But the list is long sha (front and back grin)

And did you say anything you WISH to buy for the parents is solely from your heart? Mmmh, then it is either the men marrying the ladies are from your village or you've not witnessed one where the man if from 'away'.

The farther away the groom's village, the tougher it is to give their daughter out. I feel it is to scare the men but it's nothing.

I don't think it's true because one part of Mbaise that we went for traditional marriage, there were issues from their Ụmụnna claiming that d list isn't complete. They made so much trouble and insisted that the man should present everything, d groom nearly abandoned the whole thing. It was God's intervention that d case was settled. The bride was just crying because of the way those wicked elders messed her marriage up.
It is actually negotiable. Unless her father doesn't want to release her, if not, he can talk the elders into accepting what his in laws have brought.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
We are selling our daughters. They cannot return home after such demands. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by cybernaut(m): 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2016
Dis is d reason many use to said a typical Anambra guy will not marry outside anambra environs. We make tins easy for ourselves. In my village ojoto, d day u pay for bride price is d day ur wife dey follow u go home finish,then wen ever u are ready u cum and do ur traditional marriage but white marriage na u sabi. Wit less Dan 300k u get married frm any part of anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by lionphil(m): 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:
Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm still proud of my village ARONDIZUOGU anytime anyday tongue tongue tongue. Bride price is still 25naira till tomorrow, then the list won't cost u more than 150k(plus and minus) but maybe because of recession, prices of stuff in d market go dare (Ask anyone from Izuogu). Anything u wish to buy for the parents is solely from Ur heart and its not included in d list.

I don't think it's true because one part of Mbaise that we went for traditional marriage, there were issues from their Ụmụnna claiming that d list isn't complete. They made so much trouble and insisted that the man should present everything, d groom nearly abandoned the whole thing. It was God's intervention that d case was settled. The bride was just crying because of the way those wicked elders messed her marriage up.

who wan marry from arondizuogu I hear, though unconfirmed say virtually everyone for the village dey seriously into jujuism, I meant voodoo.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

25 naira is still too much for bride price. It's less in my village. But the list is long sha (front and back grin)

And did you say anything you WISH to buy for the parents is solely from your heart? Mmmh, then it is either the men marrying the ladies are from your village or you've not witnessed one where the man if from 'away'.

The farther away the groom's village, the tougher it is to give their daughter out. I feel it is to scare the men but it's nothing.

It is actually negotiable. Unless her father doesn't want to release her, if not, he can talk the elders into accepting what his in laws have brought.

Oshey!!!
Special adviser to the presidency on bride price and other related matters. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by saintmark88(m): 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
After paying all these including buying pant and bra for your Mother, u come and echo gender equality in my ear, I will shut tht mouth up... Someone said its their tradition... Such a ladies place is in d kitchen and n d oda room it's tradition also

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by IVORY2009(m): 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
Oyimeoyimemua:
and after doing all these the marriage packs up after a year or two

So be it, if the said marriage packed up, kobo will not be returned back, its like going to the market to buy stuff and u certify dat the items are in good condition before you leave the sellers shop, on no account will you bring back the item after purchases @ good condition. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by mekonglobal(m): 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:

Arondizuogu for real? pls which part
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by condomuser: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
God knows I will not let those village people subject me to marriage stress.

Gone are those days you throw a lavish wedding just to impress.

Even if you take home 500K/month you can't afford the all lavish wedding ceremony and still afford a property in a choice location, cater for medical expenses and give the wife N200K/month for food upkeep.

Think about life after wedding and if your best option is to get her pregnant and do small introduction, brother do that and save yourself at least N2 million in extravaganza.

It is only you that can plan your family, all those in laws will still come to you for help.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by arvinsloane(m): 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
4dor:

Lool. You don't want to marry your daughters off to poor people, yet your women are demanding one dozen of pant and bra. Abeg na rich people dey make that kain demand?

Na correct question you ask o

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by myk2mic: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
[quote author=4dor post=51052001]

Lool. You don't want to marry your daughters off to poor people, yet your women are demanding one dozen of pant and bra. Abeg na rich people dey make that kain demand? [/qufote]

EPIC REPLY grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
lonelydora:

I'm sure you are not married. You can't change tradition bro. Look elsewhere.

Well, I don't argue with any member with less than 4 years membership on Nairaland.
Are you daft or you just lack comprehensive skills?
Where did I refer to changing traditions?
I commented on the thoughtless point you posted and ypu are talking about traditions.

You said no price is too much for a woman you love. that's a blatant brainless post. Can you kill for a woman? Can you sacrifice yourself for a woman you are not married to? Can yoy be like Jacob in the Bible that enslaved himself for 14 years for a woman?

Think before you utter senseless things.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by thunderbabs: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
Upon all the payments, the wife go still go dey sleep with gateman shocked
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:

Oshey!!!
Special adviser to the presidency on bride price and other related matters. grin grin
Hahahaha.
I've crossed paths with this moniker somewhere cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Taiwo, hope you're moving down to IMO state to pick up your own list? When you do that, call me. I will haggle the prices and quantity of everything on the list for you grin

You must get your Imo bride this year grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by deebrain(m): 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
It's a family thing and not a general igbo thing. The woman (the bride to be) in question should call the family people (because it's usually the extended family that does this rubbish, not always the immediate nuclear family) to order.

It's all about good bargaining and some settlement here and there.

And before women come here or to their husbands house and start crying about the attitude of their spouses, think. A man that "buys" you like this, will MOST DEFINITELY treat you like a property and not a wife.

If you spent money on a wonderful car and the car does not give you what you want, You take your frustrations on it and if you are not careful, can damage it even before you consider taking it for repairs or even returning it.

I'm not mentioning my side (but it's near there), but WE DONT SELL OUR DAUGHTERS. That's why the gods help you should you treat our girls like trash!

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by fippycbk(m): 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
maxiuc:
All this happens when you are not from the same state taaaaaaaah they can't try it with us from mbaitoli

See office chai dis people don kill non indigenes

Correct nwafor

Na only you make sense for here. I'm guessing the groom isn't Igbo.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
IVORY2009:

So be it, if the said marriage packed up, kobo will not be returned back, its like going to the market to buy stuff and u certify dat the items are in good condition before you leave the sellers shop, on no account will you bring back the item after purchases @ good condition. grin grin
Hahahaha.

Funny but true grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by rosalieene(f): 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
If your brother can afford it and he really loves her, then he can go ahead, what's the fuss!!
If he can't afford it, he should come to a compromise with the girl's family so some things would be removed.
All this people casting IMO indigenes should go and hug transformer
#proudlyImo

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by rosalieene(f): 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
If your brother can afford it and he really loves her, then he can go ahead, what's the fuss!!
If he can't afford it, he should come to a compromise with the girl's family so some things would be removed.
All this people casting IMO indigenes should go and hug transformer
#proudlyImo #mbaitoli
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by dnawah(m): 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
KissChrix:
Just for one woman....
na 4 love
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by rosalieene(f): 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:

Arondizogu!! Been there before, it wasn't developed as of 2011 dunno of now
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by CHYMZZY(m): 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
Pure day light extortion in careless manner...

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by bid4rich(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
[size=16pt]There is something I would have said but let me just lipsrsealed because I dont know who may be listening.......ogiri leti (wall get ears)[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biskit Presses His Mom's Butt, Shares Video, Nigerians React / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.