Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English (4764 Views)

Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring / Man Embarrasses Girlfriend Over 'Smelly Private Part'. Nigerians Say He's Rude / LADIES WEAK POINT – 6 Secret Places Girls Want You To Touch In Her Body That Wil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nonsreal(m): 12:05am On Nov 15, 2016
Speaking english is not easy for lot of people. The way some people murder it, you wil have pity on the language. Let us jst accept it english is not our language because even with joke, people stil murder it. Some nigerians say something in englsh and your ar wondering, is it english language or somethng? You can't blame then entirely after all the language is borrowed. Anyway, no matter hw bad the english is, we undrstand our selves and stil get massage. It is all part of the nigerian package. If you ar a nigerian, you must be familiar wit the evryday phrases below that are neither here or there. 1:HE IS MY JUNIOR/SENIOR BROTHER: what they mean to say is younger or older brother, jst pardon them. 2: I DO DO IT: what is the second "do" doing there?. 3: ARE YOU ADDING AND YOU HAVE ADDED O: this is nigerian ways of saying you have gained weight. 4: COME AND BE GOING: How can someone come and go at same time? You either tell the person to come or go, decide. 5: I AM COMING: you can see some one going out and the person tells you, i'm coming. How can you be coming? What they realy mean to say is 'i wil be back. 6:I WANT TO BARBER MY HAIR: why dont you mechanic your car too. 7: IT HAVE DO: it is not that hard to say it's enough. 8: 5 o'CLOCK HAVE NACK: what is nack? 9: I WILL BRANCH ON MY WAY BACK: what they mean is that they wil stop over on their way back. while you are branching, don't forget to sterm and leaf. 10: WE ARE MANAGING: nigerians use "managing" to mean "surviving". 11:I FOR ONE WILL... We for three will make you speak good english or shut up. 12: MY NAMES ARE... are you plural? Sure you must have heard people say these. Are you one of them, add yours

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by MzzAyo(f): 12:58am On Nov 15, 2016
educative
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by KillAWONWEREY: 1:02am On Nov 15, 2016
#mnga grin cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 15, 2016
If some English people who speak English as their first language cannot congregate verbs properly,cannot use adjectives or know the difference between a noun and a pronoun. Why should I slate my countrymen and women who's first or second language is not English. I understand what is meant that's will do.

16 Likes

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by herzern1(m): 2:17am On Nov 15, 2016
Raine80:
If some English people who speak English as their first language cannot congregate verbs properly,cannot use adjectives or know the difference between a noun and a pronoun. Why should I slate my countrymen and women who's first or second language is not English. I understand what is meant that's will do.

Very Lame!!....

And to the mis-informed OP...

"MY NAMES ARE ......"

is a very correct statement in English Lanquaqe.......

5 Likes

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 2:41am On Nov 15, 2016
herzern1:

Very Lame!!....

"MY NAMES ARE ......"

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me I cannot tell based on what you wrote.I have no qualms with anyone disagreeing btw.

3 Likes

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Bluezy13(m): 3:53am On Nov 15, 2016
Raine80:
If some English people who speak English as their first language cannot congregate verbs properly,cannot use adjectives or know the difference between a noun and a pronoun. Why should I slate my countrymen and women who's first or second language is not English. I understand what is meant that's will do

Hmmm...
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Bluezy13(m): 4:03am On Nov 15, 2016
herzern1:

Very Lame!!....

"MY NAMES ARE ......"

Learn to use three periods(dots).
It is called ellipsis.

5 Likes

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 5:11am On Nov 15, 2016
I do watch movies and most of these sentences re also spoken by the whites, English language rules re too cumbersome, today they will say this and 2moro they will change it, what matters is communication, bc even though we speak some of these English in informal setting , we don't use it while writing.

1 Like

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 15, 2016
Op,when you have learnt to write correctly,come tell me how to speak the English language correctly...

Those things you wrote above are called Nigerian English and it's a variety of Englishes of the world.

1 Like

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nonsreal(m): 6:06am On Nov 15, 2016
Tiny23:
Op,when you have learnt to write correctly,come tell me how to speak the English language correctly...
Hmmm, telme something!

Those things you wrote above are called Nigerian English and it's a variety of Englishes of the world.
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 15, 2016
[quote author=Nonsreal post=51043485][/quote]

What?
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nonsreal(m): 6:35am On Nov 15, 2016
Tiny23:

What?
you say whn i'v learn 2write correctly i should let you know, go and read my thread again, i'm a good writter
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 15, 2016
pls arrange your article using paragraphs where necessary. its educative but makes the eye sick.

1 Like

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 15, 2016
Nonsreal:
you say whn i'v learn 2write correctly i should let you know, go and read my thread again, i'm a good writter

it's obvious you are a good writer,keep blowing your own trumpets.Learn to write correctly and come tell me.
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Sylverkenz(m): 8:14am On Nov 15, 2016
Actually, To The OP and whoever it may concern, I WANT TO BARBER MY HAIR is very correct. According to the dictionary , Barber can be a verb, and a noun.
verb
(barbers, present participle barbering; past and past participle barbered)

to cut the hair or beard of (a person).
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Agimor(m): 9:32am On Nov 15, 2016
Op make your post readable.
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Naughtytboy: 10:29am On Nov 15, 2016
Stale op mtcheew i too know kill u, na u get my speaking spirit?
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Arbiola(f): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2016
OP IS AN EPITOME OF THE TOPIC SEF... RIP ENGLISH

2 Likes

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by herzern1(m): 11:02am On Nov 15, 2016
Bluezy13:

Learn to use three periods(dots).
It is called ellipsis.

I use it the way I like........

1 Like

Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by sparko1(m): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sylverkenz:
Actually, To The OP and whoever it may concern, I WANT TO BARBER MY HAIR is very correct. According to the dictionary , Barber can be a verb, and a noun.
verb
(barbers, present participle barbering; past and past participle barbered)

to cut the hair or beard of (a person).

Well, Mr Op, there is nothing like, 'i want to barb my hair' but rather 'i want to barber my hair' which is the correct sentence.
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2016
Op. . There is something called Nigerian English and it's accepted in conversations undecided

#Eng101... . Introduction to english language cheesy tongue
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by firstking01(m): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
MzzAyo:
educative
What's educative here, smhundecided...he's even stating the obvious hereundecided
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Adebash01(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
but you never noticed that you also did a mistakes on what you wrote up there, please check it very well
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by firstking01(m): 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
And your own blunders are patheticundecided…ITK syndrome.
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
Your 'Comon' tells it all.
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Gee645(m): 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
Tiny23:

Op, English is not our first language, so Nigerians are allowed to err. grin
It will surprise you to know that those born with it as first language do make grammatical blunders...check the Kardashians when they speak and tweet.
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nonsreal(m): 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
Maychang:
pls arrange your article using paragraphs where necessary. its educative but makes the eye sick.
ok, watch out on my next thread, i wanna be d king of thread, i want to surpass tosyne2much lol
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nonsreal(m): 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
firstking01:
What's educative here, smhundecided...he's even stating the obvious hereundecided
hmmm! I smell jealousy
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nonsreal(m): 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
asuo27:
It will surprise you to know that those born with it as first language do make grammatical blunders...check the Kardashians when they speak and tweet.
na weitin concern me n telemundo? Mitcheew!!!
Re: Comon Things Nigerians Say That Wil Show You They Cant Speak English by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
asuo27:

am I the op?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boy Runs For His Life On Discovering He's Dancing With A Female Mannequin (Pics) / 34 Years Old Man Set To Marry 2 Friends On Same Day. / Any Other African Nationality Here On NL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.