Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors (12854 Views)

Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee / 47 Career Ambassadors Assigned Portfolios / Buhari Declares Open Induction Course For New Career Ambassadors(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by PMBNG(m): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
THE Senate on Tuesday approved the nomination of 47 career ambassadors ‎forwarded to it by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Buhari had in June forwarded the names of 47 career ambassadors to the Senate for confirmation.

However, the Senate confirmed the 47 career ambassadorial nominees sequel to the report submitted by Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs for consideration.

Presenting the report, the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, Monsurat Sunmonu, informed the Senate that no fewer than 250 petitions were submitted against the confirmation of the career ambassadors.

The Chairman informed the lawmakers that out of the 47 nominees, only four of them were unable to recite the National Anthem properly.

Although spirited efforts were made to halt the confirmation of the nominees, but the intervention of Senator James Manager and Senator Gbenga Ashafa made the Senate to confirm the career ambassadors.

The confirmed nominees include: Obinna Chukwuemeka, Salisu Umoru, Iyang Udoh, Okeke Vivian, Liman Munir, Edem Jane, Mohammed Hassan, Martin Cobham, Janet Molegbo, Itegbuoye Sunday, Olatunde Adesesan and Lilian Onu.

Others are: Manaja Isa, Ngozi Ukeje, Bello Husseini, Enoch Ducci, Garba Baba, Usman Aliyu, Umar Salisu, Momoh Omeiza, Kadiri Audu, Balogun Hakeem, Nosa Ahmed, Ibrahim Isa, Bankole Adeoye and Ibidapo Obe.

Other nominees are: Ogundaro Sakirat, Eric Belgam, Ateru Haliru, Ramota Bulima, Musa Mamman, Kabiru Bala, Adamu Shuaibu, D. A. Agiv, T.K. Gonglong, Ibrahim Hamza, K.C. Nwachukwu and Q.R. Wolu.

The list also has: E.K. Oguntuwase, A.I. Paragauda, L.A. Gasharga, Olufemi Abikoye, Abubakar Ibrahim, Rabiu Kawu, Janet Bisong and Adekunbi Habeebat.

Source: http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/11/senate-confirms-47-career-ambassadors/

Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by CoolFreeday(m): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by dunkem21(m): 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
Nice one..
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Datsme: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
As if them get choice

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by eezeribe(m): 1:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
OK
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Turks: 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2016
Wasteful lot
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by richidinho(m): 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2016
Shuo
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by IRobot7(m): 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
OK, noted by the masses. Next!
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Inception(m): 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
grin grin

NCAN commander SE battalion reporting over...

#viewsthread#...

Troops hold your fire! i repeat hold your fire!

9 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Chickah(m): 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
oshey
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by kings09(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ambassadors who can't recite d national anthem yet were confirmed? And u want a graduate to be recruited to be an encyclopedia b4 hiring such. This country is a freaking joke. undecided

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by RGem(f): 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Pavore9: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
Most of them will end up not being interested in issues concerning Nigerians in the countries they will be posted to. Though l know some Nigerians are fond of attracting troubles to themselves in the name of being smart!

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by takenadoh: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
its just rubber stamping nothing new.

[url]thenaijalisting..com[/url]
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by oladipo322(m): 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2016
National anthem that my little sister can recite..... Chai dere is God
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
It is much expected.
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
ThankGod my brother made it, Ken c. Nwachukwu, From Imo state. Glory be to God Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Yoshy: 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
I am beginning to like Nigerian senate.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by topcube(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
4 of them were unable to recite the national anthem correctly & this Senate that the only work they knew best how to do is "those in favor say I, those against say nay" (and offcourse) you already knew who has it, still confirm there names. This our ruler self, make una abeg rule us well. National anthem that this people that claim to be Nigerian sang althrough their Primary school (5-6yrs) is now abnormal to their spirit, yet, they want to represent me & you.
I can bet my life bubu do not know 5% of those 47 nominees, they gave the name to him, he inturn instruct his kitchen cabin crew to forward it to NAS.
God please save us, we don too suffer for this people hand, na beg I dey beg oh, Olorun orun...
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Exodus2k(m): 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
A Nigerian adult that cannot recite a national anthem is not qualified to represent Nigeria as an Ambassador embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Exodus2k(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
Exodus2k:
A Nigerian adult that cannot recite a national anthem is not qualified to represent Nigeria as an Ambassador embarassed embarassed
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
Finally

I tot d senate will not approve d nominees until sarithief is of the hook

Kudos PMB
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
Thank God sha grin

- Who dem go post USA (TRUMP LAND)
- Who dem go post UK (BREXIT)
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by tociano009(m): 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by kingwax7007: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
Make those people's wey no get work come help us divide them in geopolitical zones..

IPod miscreants, over to u

Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Dekadet(m): 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
topcube:
4 of them were unable to recite the national anthem correctly & this Senate that the only work they knew best how to do is "those in favor say I, those against say nay" (and offcourse) you already knew who has it, still confirm there names. This our ruler self, make una abeg rule us well. National anthem that this people that claim to be Nigerian sang althrough their Primary school (5-6yrs) is now abnormal to their spirit, yet, they want to represent me & you.
I can bet my life bubu do not know 5% of those 47 nominees, they gave the name to him, he inturn instruct his kitchen cabin crew to forward it to NAS.
God please save us, we don too suffer for this people hand, na beg I dey beg oh, Olorun orun...
Bros God cannot save u but u can only save yourself. even the bible said heaven helps those who help themselves.
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by mpire: 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
Dekadet:
Bros God cannot save u but u can only save yourself. even the bible said heaven helps those who help themselves.

Which fake bible of yours said that? I'll wait, go find me the bible passage and post when in the Bible that statement was made.
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by onoja12: 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
under no circumstances should somebody who can not recite the national anthem be made an ambassador,that clearly shows such person holds no loyalty to Nigeria and thus would not work for Nigerians interest
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by basadenet: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
After settlement.
Re: Senate Confirms 47 Career Ambassadors by Ucbiu(m): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
I have a very clean 206 2004 model full option, manual with nothing to repair, @ 700 in Kano, serious buyers can contact me thru 08036891984

(1) (Reply)

South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME / Enugu Community, Miyetti Allah, Others Deny Herders, Cattle Expulsion / The Seat Of “The Deputy Governor” Is Not An Inconsequential Seat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.