Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate (56484 Views)

MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official / Data Rate Increase: A Deliberate Mechanism To Reduce Social Media Influence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Yomi6(m): 11:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
According to the government the social media has been a bit of a problem for the Buhari led government.
I think this is their way of getting back at us.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
ollah1:

The bolded can't be forgotten. Late Fela.

What trump and Fela said is the blatant truth. We are cowards. The moment we make them know we ain't one anymore, that's when we begin living like a sane human. It's only in Nigeria that basic amenities doesn't exist. An average Nigerian is yet to experience basic amenities.

Rotimi Amaechi once said " we steal because Nigerians don't stone us". Imagine this line. The day Nigerians start hurting the dumbfcks wherever they see from the local to state and federal then they begin their actual work.

Nigerians only know how to shout on each other. Short afonjas and Igbos blah blah. They continue will religious lines whereas the leaders don't care where you come from when they share the money.

Keep hoping and praying. Keep expecting a messiah to come and save ur asses. Na only Nigerians dey expect God to solve her problems

What more can I say?

Thank you for this piece bro!

From obasanjo's/yaradua government, to Jonathan's government, from Jonathan's, to buhari's government, from buhari's government to another, and so on........We will continue to wail on the internet, until we are truly ready to take our destinies by our hands!

Suffering and smiling dey sweet Nigerians!!!
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by ndulyf: 12:02am On Nov 25, 2016
Read this
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 25, 2016
stephenqueen:
Mr Op are you related to JeffreyJamez ? Because na him dey feed us with this kin news grin
grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Bimpe29: 12:26am On Nov 25, 2016
Damn it, things have gotten out of hands for Naija.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 25, 2016
hmm
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by purpulrain: 12:58am On Nov 25, 2016
Abuleoshi:
stop smoking weed!
cheesy cheesy
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by nkemjacob2(m): 1:13am On Nov 25, 2016
here comes the change oh NIGERIANS
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Iboko12: 1:19am On Nov 25, 2016
duwdu:

Thanks for your level of understanding and tolerance - truly super. grin

P34c3

But your post was senseless. Haba! For this Buhari times?
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 25, 2016
dustmalik:
This thing is damn true. Just call 181, and hear it directly from MTN.

Cc: lalasticlala, Seun, Obinoscopy, this needs to make frontpage. We need to rise up against this wickedness. This is the kind of thread that deserves front-page.

mannny this is pure true me have comfirm it via 181,WDF men,now am even praying that soon 5gb will be 500,what will happen to glo network I guess they will loose suscribers if they implement this bcuz if all network offer same data for same amount guess many folks will drope glo bcuz most pple used bcuz of there cheap data,later government will b acting as if they care for the citizens,do the stuff that will boost the country up they woun't na just tackling another man headache they get A1.......

thAnks for thE infO.....
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Iboko12: 1:32am On Nov 25, 2016
monlawal:
I think mtn nigeria has given nigerians a head start by informing us about doomsday. Someone should create a petition on the avaaz.org or change.org website let us all sign a petition against this. Why should directive be given to increase price of data. That is not just fair at all

Which one be someone? You no be person? Abi hand dey pain you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Iboko12: 1:37am On Nov 25, 2016
nwakibie3:
I jst heard the ondo governorship election has been postponed to 19th Dec. Abeg who will confirm that?

They can postpone it indefinitely. We are talking about data increment and not washed out politics.

Stop derailing the topic or you risk a ban
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 25, 2016
Iboko12:

Which one be someone? You no be person? Abi hand dey pain you?

lwkmd pukakakakakakakaka,this manny you no be better person ooooooooo,anyway you make some sense there....
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Geniro: 2:15am On Nov 25, 2016
duwdu:
[s]Lots of guys are really misinformed in this our Obodo Naija... How on earth do people expect a government to decently function without people having to pay tax on goods and services?

For what it's worth, most previous governments in our country were dubious when it came to the issue of taxes on goods and services - pretending as though there were none, or ignoring to collect them, so as not to disrupt/disturb the apple cart. That facilitates their winnng elections, when, in fact, the government anywhere can't function without taxes! As a result, you and me have been deceived — and spoilt — over the years, guys. To me, the important things is to hold the government accountable for all revenues it generates, so as to fan development.

And, to the OP: I have a feeling this will turn out to be the case of someone confusing a directive by the NCC for networks to collect lawful taxes due on data, with the expected increase in data rates as a result! I hope I'm not wrong, because then it will be sad indeed if the NCC should now start meddling in how much the networks prescribe as own base charge for own data service (before lawful taxes are applied.) In other words, God forbid a revert to the era of price control!

Competition, they say, IS good — for both business and consumer.

Good luck, everyone.

P34c3
...[/s]

You were just saying nonsense !
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by repogirl(f): 2:20am On Nov 25, 2016
ollah1:

The bolded can't be forgotten. Late Fela.

What trump and Fela said is the blatant truth. We are cowards. The moment we make them know we ain't one anymore, that's when we begin living like a sane human. It's only in Nigeria that basic amenities doesn't exist. An average Nigerian is yet to experience basic amenities.

Rotimi Amaechi once said " we steal because Nigerians don't stone us". Imagine this line. The day Nigerians start hurting the dumbfcks wherever they see from the local to state and federal then they begin their actual work.

Nigerians only know how to shout on each other. Short afonjas and Igbos blah blah. They continue will religious lines whereas the leaders don't care where you come from when they share the money.

Keep hoping and praying. Keep expecting a messiah to come and save ur asses. Na only Nigerians dey expect God to solve her problems
Bros,I concur with you...but na you wan lead the fight?

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by KingsleyCEO: 2:41am On Nov 25, 2016
In line with fulfilling the Bubu's agenda of making life very difficult and miserable for Nigerians, NCC has directed all GSM companies to raise the cost of data. grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by mecussey(m): 2:54am On Nov 25, 2016
Hand work of dstv...as we dey migrate to android tv...na why dem pay this useless govt to suffer us.

3 Likes

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by seunlayi(m): 3:21am On Nov 25, 2016
directonpc:
We should stop over dependency on data and diversify. Flying without aircraft, teleporting, disappearing and reappearing etc. Screw this failed govt. I am not APC or PDP, just a Nigerian.
where you dey since? Longest time
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by tabithababy(f): 3:34am On Nov 25, 2016
angry shocked
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by debuscket(m): 3:38am On Nov 25, 2016
Why would NCC mandate them to do dt
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Funjosh(m): 4:16am On Nov 25, 2016
Please Glo don't listen to NCC embarassed

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by seunlayi(m): 4:18am On Nov 25, 2016
Make u go do glo sub for 5 months in advance
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by porshuch: 4:23am On Nov 25, 2016
That is APC agenda to reduce the number of pple in social media, na God go punish buhari
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by thunderbabs: 4:26am On Nov 25, 2016
Haha, buhari is just wickeding us everyday....apc, change....una see wetin una cause...dt man head no like mk pple dey enjoy anything....

Merlin style

There is a slim man from daura whose govt has always been a menace to the populace. His destiny is to mk pple suffer as long as he is in government. His name. Buhaaaari......

Impeach dz fulani man now
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by tivta(m): 4:36am On Nov 25, 2016
I don't believe it, let us wait till December to see if it is true. Etisalat increased theirs cause of their 4g universal network, I mean I just bought data yesterday at the regular price.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Leader01(m): 4:48am On Nov 25, 2016
The government through the NCC want to reduce social media usage by increasing data cost, maybe they want to indirectly limit the poor from enjoying the social media and online platforms or maybe this an indirect way of implementing the social media bill
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by obims(f): 4:58am On Nov 25, 2016
iliyande:

Very wicked suggestion upthere
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by emidizy(m): 5:19am On Nov 25, 2016
This is so sad....while other countries are busy expanding their connectivity @ cheaper rates, Nigeria is finding means to abridge theirs... Anyways, I trust Nigerians shaa....CHEATz will start rolling out once again...
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Jidibia(m): 5:23am On Nov 25, 2016
Abuleoshi:

Oga don't politicize the issue. Data price will increase by December 1st, it affects everybody. It should not reduced to an APC Vs PDP issue. It is this same PDP vs APC matter that the political elites use to deceive us. We are smarter now!
Because APC is the ruling party. Once again Thunder fire APC plus buhari join plus whoever support buhari. Mods ban me if you like.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by WenysAD(f): 5:34am On Nov 25, 2016
I see dis as a means of govt clamping down hard on social media seeing dat Nigerians are wiser now and how social media exposes their lies and propaganda. Dey want to limit Nigerians from accessing social media to avoid us noticing their incompetency. We must vehemently resist dis cos we should not be allowed to go back to d times of using corrupt media houses and dailies to feed us lies and propaganda

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by kingsamosy(m): 5:37am On Nov 25, 2016
in this hard times? Na devil go punish them. what nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Glo Reduces Data Volume / Kaduna GSM Village Launched By Governor El-Rufai (Photos) / What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.