Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,032 members, 7,838,582 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible (18415 Views)

Dossier On 2019 Political Gladiators On Sale. / The Igbo 2019 Political Agenda / Re-alignment: Why PMB, APC Embraced Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by Trendirabingi: 11:43am On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
While I may not be able to name any politician to wrestle power from Buhari in 2019 (considering that I am angry at some of them), it doesn't negate the fact that we should not seek for ways to play our part in the Nigeria project. As for Jonathan and his crew, you know very well that I am not their fan. But Buhari has failed in his mandate.
Dats ur opinion bro,..either you dnt get it, u dnt know better, or u are one pdp stooge (as i have observed) who wants to keep on hiding with sentiments under the guise of farce patriotism..or u simply do not understand the true meaning of patriotism , national concern or interest.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by Edoblakky(m): 11:47am On Nov 20, 2016
So long as we the youths keep talking and take no action, Nigeria will remain the same. Our ancestors currently in power have all failed us. If we have the thinking that the future of Nigeria belongs to us and our children, we will be thinking differently. How about us coming together to form a strong political party?
These people currently in power will never agree to youths occupying even 10% of political positions.
There's no need waiting for them to include us in their government. We have to find a way to rescue power from them.
Statistics from NPC shows that over 70% of our population is within the age less than 40. That means we have what it takes to rule. Many of us do not have to contest but we can support financially or with advice. If we're ready, I am willing to give to this course. I don't think everyone is happy with the way things are in Nigeria. We can debate and disagree but if Nigeria must change and make visible progress, it has to be the youths coming together and looking among ourselves those with good leadership qualities and supporting same to rescue the nation from the doldrums.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by Trendirabingi: 11:48am On Nov 20, 2016
DropShot:

You know why I CAN NEVER TAKE YOU SERIOUS (and other wailers like you) about PMB being a failure?

Because you already called him a failure within his first 10 days in office. Remember you did many nonsense threads then, almost at two/three days interval? That was pure hatred which you and your likes still exhibit till today though you may be marginally better than many of them.

What happens to your recent verdict that PDP has completely failed while you called for support for a new party?

Tonye, not until you change your ways, some of us can't take you serious.
u are absolutely correct about this Tonye of a person..he totally forgets dat people bearly forgot his stands in the past too soon.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by emi14: 11:54am On Nov 20, 2016
Is not gonna work because tribalism ate into the marrow of the suggested youths. The only solution to these political problems and embarrassments is love. Love among southerners whether east west or south. Apart from that failure is imminent.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by link2ok(m): 12:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
Progressive01:
Guy but you yab oo. Learn to speak for yourself mbok, because Nigeria certainly has ample supply of eternally gullible people...

People who hate Muslims but love Shiites because they are at loggerheads with the President.

People who hate Aisha with all their hearts only to turn around to become her fanatical supporters simply because she took a jab at her husband.

People who hate Yorubas and call them all manner of derogatory names but are slaves to Fayose and FFK because both hate the President.

People who wish Nigeria NEVER progresses but turn around to complain about her economic condition.

People who insist Chibok is a "Scam" but still say Mr President paid huge amounts of money to secure the release of same Chibok girls.

People who hate everything North but are best buddies of Dasuki and want to land grab the middle belt into one useless imaginary country of theirs.

People who jeer at other people's misfortune but expect everyone to sympathise with them when they trip over a pebble.

People who are so dumb they can't create unique monikers but have to clone others'.

People who swallow hook, line and sinker every lie told by some useless godforsaken bleached squirrel languishing somewhere in the slammers.

There can NEVER be a shortage of GULLIBO people in this country mr.

Most times I have avoided your ranting here and the last time I did respond to you I received a ban.

Your hatred for the Igbos is clearly as a result of fustration. Let me sound this to your brains we Igbos have never and will never be the problem of this aborted entity called Nigeria.

In 1999 we all rallied around Obasanjo even when we had other Igbo contestant because we saw potentials in him, 2003 we did same. We also piloted the fight against 3rd term bid.

In 2007 we where astonished when Yaradua was presented to us but after carefully going through his credentials we saw vision in him a governor that was not owing any debt.

Let's fast forward till 2015 you all brought to us a man who has contested 3 times even said he would never come out again. We don't have a problem with Nigeria the problem here is Buhari his body languages which portrays hatred for the Igbos.

You sound very intelligent but believe me with your post you would never make it in life with your hate.

Let me also remind you we the only ethnic group that would survive with or without the Government. We have passed through the civil war and we wouldn't mind another.

Watch your words. It can hunt you tomorrow.

Have a lovely Sunday evening

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by bashydemy(m): 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Lol. wetin concern me and Reno? And who are the paymasters that I am not aware of?

You mean wetin concern you and Reno? hahahaha Politics in Nigeria..
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The antecedent of the aspirant is very important
like the longterm antecedent of the one who had no shoes or the short term antecedent of the one who promised jobs, drop in oil prices, etc?
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
The Case for the Inclusion of Youth in the Governance of Nigeria.

All my life, I have heard various Nigerian leaders pout the maxim that youths are the leaders of tomorrow. I think that’s just glib talk and mouth service. Our leaders do not believe in any of that. They only fall back on nice sounding maxims when they need to court popular opinion.

Same Old, Same Old

Every elective season, I am saddened when the faces that have being holding elective positions before I was born are the very same people who come out to contest. Since 1980, the political class in Nigeria has largely being unchanged and that’s a thing to be very worried about. To excel in political positions, there is need for the occupant to have both ideas and experience. Ideas would bring forward schemes that could impact on governance while experience would show the leader what works and what doesn't.

The continued absence of youth from major elective offices in the country portends a grave risk: When they finally get elected to office, though they may brim full with ideas but lacking experience in the intricate operations of our Nigerian bureaucracy may stump them. This is because they lack experience. So there has never being a more opportune time to drive up the inclusion of youths into the running of this country than now. There’s an urgent need to steer bright young talents that we have into public service so that the nation may benefit from them in the years of their prime and not when they have become jaded by the vicissitudes of life.

I watched the news in awe some days past as the MP’s from Hong Kong stood up for they believed and not they Mainland Chinese government would have them. That was truly inspiring! I wish for our Nigerian youths to become that brave.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by Progressive01(m): 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
link2ok:

Most times I have avoided your ranting here and the last time I did respond to you I received a ban.

Your hatred for the Igbos is clearly as a result of fustration. Let me sound this to your brains we Igbos have never and will never be the problem of this aborted entity called Nigeria.

In 1999 we all rallied around Obasanjo even when we had other Igbo contestant because we saw potentials in him, 2003 we did same. We also piloted the fight against 3rd term bid.

In 2007 we where astonished when Yaradua was presented to us but after carefully going through his credentials we saw vision in him a governor that was not owing any debt.

Let's fast forward till 2015 you all brought to us a man who has contested 3 times even said he would never come out again. We don't have a problem with Nigeria the problem here is Buhari his body languages which portrays hatred for the Igbos.

You sound very intelligent but believe me with your post you would never make it in life with your hate.

Let me also remind you we the only ethnic group that would survive with or without the Government. We have passed through the civil war and we wouldn't mind another.

Watch your words. It can hunt you tomorrow.

Have a lovely Sunday evening
And your brothers who promote hatred here would make it in life with their own brand of hate and what they say wont hunt them tomorrow i presume. Have you EVER cautioned any of them for the things they do here? Or let me guess, you dont see any wrong with what they say.

Look dude, i realy dont give a damn about how you feel about my posts and owe you no apology for them. If you dont like them, simply skip them. If they hurt you so badly, that is your fucking business. I dont bloody care.

I feel different about a whole lot today and wouldnt have typed what you quoted had this thread been created yesterday or today, but I WONT APOLOGISE for it!

Im done with all that tribal nonsense that has become the hallmark of politics section. Tell your brothers to do same and stop Preaching to converts.

And where the hell did i mention "igbos" in what i wrote. Most of yall whinning about the post are just been eaten up from the inside by your conscience.

Nonsense.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by enkienki(m): 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
Let's concentrate on the message of the OP. I think he just raised valid points. Whether he's a stooge or not I believe the message carries a genuine reflection of the abysmal state of the youth in Nigeria that needs to be addressed promptly to avoid social chaos as a result of the ineptitude of our "Elders"

1 Like

Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by bashydemy(m): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
It is beyond the Southwest. Humans naturally want better deal but unfortunately, Buhari is a failed experiment.

I started questioning my belief in Buhari the moment he skipped Presidential debate. It is a shame but we have to endure him till 2019

Oga shut up jor, you and your likes were bought over and offered something juicy after election thinking GEJ will win again.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by legendarystar: 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Lol. wetin concern me and Reno? And who are the paymasters that I am not aware of?

tonye ma guy.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by George22016(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
But why you de expose my secret na angry ? How is studies bro? Long time

it was d only way you could remember me.u already edited it.how can I reach u up
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by bashydemy(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
Progressive01:
Guy but you yab oo. Learn to speak for yourself mbok, because Nigeria certainly has ample supply of eternally gullible people...

People who hate Muslims but love Shiites because they are at loggerheads with the President.

People who hate Aisha with all their hearts only to turn around to become her fanatical supporters simply because she took a jab at her husband.

People who hate Yorubas and call them all manner of derogatory names but are slaves to Fayose and FFK because both hate the President.

People who wish Nigeria NEVER progresses but turn around to complain about her economic condition.

People who insist Chibok is a "Scam" but still say Mr President paid huge amounts of money to secure the release of same Chibok girls.

People who hate everything North but are best buddies of Dasuki and want to land grab the middle belt into one useless imaginary country of theirs.

People who jeer at other people's misfortune but expect everyone to sympathise with them when they trip over a pebble.

People who are so dumb they can't create unique monikers but have to clone others'.

People who swallow hook, line and sinker every lie told by some useless godforsaken bleached squirrel languishing somewhere in the slammers.

Wow well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by AntiWailer: 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Dnt go and develop a skill and get a good job or business.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by bashydemy(m): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

There is no party ideology in Nigeria politics. In fact, Being in PDP, saw how pathetic the party was, switching to APC to see if it would be better for nIgerians only to realise that they are 1000% worse than PDP. angry. Return to PDP with mission to change and reform the party (which I am still pushing).... I think that is patriotism. It is about the country not self. Otherwise, I would have joined those in support of corruption and economic sabiotage

Wetin concern Tonye and Trump?

Then why return to PDP? We have parties like APGA, LP, SDP etc why return to where it rossy? You left PDP in the first place thinking it will be juicy in but later you discover no sharing of money in APC and you quietly return to PDP but no free money again as usual as they are no more in power. I am a strong supporter of AD in 1999 and in 2003 some of my friends move to PDP, They even persuade me to come that it's juicy but i never join them, When PDP was in control of so many states in SW they still come and say we tell you come let's take you to meet Hon and i told them no. till today am in support of that same party in control of SW meaning where ever Tinubu and Yoruba elders go i go with them. But come 2019 if tinubu go against Buhari i will surely go against tinubu.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
Pls wail away to Mr Slok who's now a 'change member'....umahi,ugwuanyi loading
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by booblacain(m): 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
Progressive01:
Truce my asss.. They spat in my face when I did once.. Never gonna happen again. That time has passed.

Omenka confirmed.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
legendarystar:

tonye ma guy.
yes boss

1 Like

Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by discusant: 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
In 2013, a group of politicians from the now defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), Congress for Progressive Change, and a faction of All Progressive Grand Alliaance came together to form a "United Progressive" party, which is today's All Progressive Congress. These politicians would later be joined by a faction of People's Democratic Party that called themselves New PDP. Nigerians in desire of better leadership were carried away by the gimmicks of these politicians. In 2015, they successfully wrestled power from the not so impressive government through the now President Muhammadu Buhari under the change mantra. Almost two years after, instead of change that they promised, the masses fortunes have gone from bad to worse.

It is an open secret that some of these politicians are coming together again to align and form a strong force in order to wrestle power from the failed government of Muhammadu Buhari, just like they did to Goodluck Jonathan that brought Buhari to power. Their hope is to ride on the unpopularity of Buhari to preach their own version of change.

While I am not against any alignment, I have to warn these men that Nigerians cannot be fooled the second time.

It is true that most Nigerians want to see the exit of Buhari in 2019, it is also true that unlike what we did in 2015, we shall go for better alternative. An alternative that is driven by patriotic Nigerians.

It is ironical that the same people that put us in the mess we are in since 1999 through different platforms are now trying to unite to oust Buhari just for their selfish interest.

Conditions For Support Of Alliance
If these politicians really want the progress of Nigeria, they must agree to the following terms;

1.Young people must be carried along and put in the know from every stage of the alliance.

2. 25% of party elective and appointive positions be given to Youths between the ages of 18 and 35.

3. 25% of party tickets for 2019 and subsequent elections be ceded to young people between the ages of 30 and 40 (being the constitutionally approved ages for political offices).

4. Nomination fee for young people be waived or greatly reduced. You cant expect a young man of 30 years to cough out 1million to buy Nomination form.

It is not enough to reduce intelligent young men and women to social media trolls while the old people continue to plunge our future into comatose. With due respect to the"elders", they have shown that they are bereft of new developmental ideas, it is time to involve young people into the leadership mix of Nigeria.

Finally, I wish to use this medium to send a message to the leadership and chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party that though young members of the party are committed to rescue Nigeria, we shall not entertain the tradition of marginalisation and neglect.

Nigeria belongs to all of us! Enough is Enough

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
Shared on Palmchat

Blowing in the wind. Until you bow to the Mullahs, then you understand that Nigeria ain't working, ain't gonna ever work. They have collected Nigeria via APC.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by checkolatunji: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Progressive01:

I took my time to read this. You killed it bro

There are no better ways to describe them.

God Bless you, your family and your entire generation.

You made my year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by discusant: 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
Progressive01:

You wish others remain docile to your slave masters without complaints like you. Eternal slave.

The so-called bleached man languishing in your masters' jail told you the eternal truth - that Nigeria is a farce.

You may generate hate for the group who wants to leave you and your God-forsaken country as much as you want, but nothing changes the group's direction.

Your Nigeria has generated close to $1 trillion from oil in 50 years but couldn't provide you with the most basic amenity like pipe-borne water, electricity, roads, education institutions, hospitals, railway lines, etc., yet you expect a messiah shall emerge from a skewed political structure and over-centralized governance system to lead you out from poverty; a rigged political structure that enables the most educationally-disadvantaged groups largely decide who shall lead you at any turn.

They are planning to lead you to Mecca. wait more longer.

Stop your senseless shit blackmail against the group that wants to leave your dysfunctional country; let them leave, but beware, they shall consider you for political asylum from the new Nigeria when the Mullahs start their action on you.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by link2ok(m): 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Progressive01:
And your brothers who promote hatred here would make it in life with their own brand of hate and what they say wont hunt them tomorrow i presume. Have you EVER cautioned any of them for the things they do here? Or let me guess, you dont see any wrong with what they say.

Look dude, i realy dont give a damn about how you feel about my posts and owe you no apology for them. If you dont like them, simply skip them. If they hurt you so badly, that is your fucking business. I dont bloody care.

I feel different about a whole lot today and wouldnt have typed what you quoted had this thread been created yesterday or today, but I WONT APOLOGISE for it!

Im done with all that tribal nonsense that has become the hallmark of politics section. Tell your brothers to do same and stop Preaching to converts.

And where the hell did i mention "igbos" in what i wrote. Most of yall whinning about the post are just been eaten up from the inside by your conscience.

Nonsense.

I have always stood against tribalism, I have also in several instances called out to Seun to be careful about this disease gradually eating up the youths expecially here on nairaland.

In your own case you are the major contributor of tribalism here in nairaland and like said your words might hunt you greatly tomorrow.

It's not about how I feel but the set of youths we have today, there mindset,goal and what drives them and I have said this b4 if we had majority of youths now in the past we wouldn't have independence because of hate and you are the pioneer here on this forum

You can always drive your point without insult. You hide under a faceless forum and pour insult on an entire tribe.

Argue contructively and avoid insults.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by legendarystar: 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
yes boss

I got ur back bruv
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by discusant: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Progressive01:

Nonsense.

Hate?
Because you are too unintelligent to understand that the resultant political structure of Nigeria with 20 federal units in the north, but only 17 federal units in the south severely altered the ratio of political representation between the north and south regions from what it was at independence; but now at the advantage of the north through which the southern regions remain like appendages now to the north in Nigeria;

Because you are too unintelligent to understand that the north institutionalized hate in Nigeria when they used northern military dictators to restructure Nigeria politically to suit only your masters in the north.

because you are too unintelligent to understand that the current political structure makes southern politicians mere onlookers to your northern masters in Nigeria's political process; or what do you think gave rise to a President Buhari in the midst of hundreds of thousands of more qualified presidential materials in 2015? Buhari, or worse than Buhari may still be your president after May 29, 2019 - all things remaining equal.

Because you are too unintelligent to understand that so long as the educationally-disadvantaged north uses the political structure to largely decide who must preside over Nigeria at any turn beginning from Presidential Primaries, your Nigeria is going no where uplifting you from your poverty of materials and intelligence.

Who sowed the seeds of hate in Nigeria? A group that uses federal government apparatus to advance to impose the group's religious beliefs on others, or a group that spreads all over Nigeria to do their business without trying to impose their religious faiths on others?

What do you call hate? Most of southern Nigeria were forced out from the north through Boko Haram violence, Boko Haram which says it is fighting for a country to be governed through sharia criminal laws emerged after twelve northern states adopted sharia criminal laws?

If you are so unintelligent that you do not understand who introduced hate into Nigeria, you give others who hate hate itself, and want to leave your Nigeria for you, give them a chance to leave.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by marv1: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Guy patrio.... What? We know u that u are partisan. Forget story. U are just like Fayose in my state. Always blabing.
TonyeBarcanista:
cheesy cheesy Hahaha 100% patriotic... 100%! That is why I can criticise anybody without fear or favor.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by yanabasee(m): 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

If these politicians really want the progress of Nigeria, they must agree to the following terms;

1.Young people must be carried along and put in the know from every stage of the alliance.

2. 25% of party elective and appointive positions be given to Youths between the ages of 18 and 35.

3. 25% of party tickets for 2019 and subsequent elections be ceded to young people between the ages of 30 and 40 (being the constitutionally approved ages for political offices).

4. Nomination fee for young people be waived or greatly reduced. You cant expect a young man of 30 years to cough out 1million to buy Nomination form.

It is not enough to reduce intelligent young men and women to social media trolls while the old people continue to plunge our future into comatose. With due respect to the"elders", they have shown that they are bereft of new developmental ideas, it is time to involve young people into the leadership mix of Nigeria.

Finally, I wish to use this medium to send a message to the leadership and chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party that though young members of the party are committed to rescue Nigeria, we shall not entertain the tradition of marginalisation and neglect.

Shared on Palmchat

I was actually expecting something more interesting.. But this isn't giving a clearer insight as to what you refer to "WE'RE NO MORE GULLIBLE"..

Will giving youths political positions or indulging youths into politics make us less gullible?

I thought you'll speak more on their deceitful tactics used during political campaigns and more on the constitutions which have always been used to make decisions that will only favour the rich.. I really expected you to say a lot in the area of their deliverance on campaign promises..

Dude, you put this up because you are looking for a political appointment.. You just don't know how to go about it.

We'll remain gullible if we don't come together as a youth to fight and speak out and be heard..

Buhari speak on multiple parties.. On this, he expresses his support for multiple parties.. But the truth is, we need a two political party in this country.. Whereby, one party will scrutinise properly before presenting its aspirant.. Unlike what we're having now.. And very soon, Tinubu will go and form another party and he'll collate ppl that will dethrone him again and he'll leave and go and form another party.. Without these politicians settling down in one party to reconstruct the party.. And with this, there'll be no political godfatherism...

I'd like to say more but....
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by nortcentrallord(m): 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
I was never manipulated. Only fools were and many of them already graduated to Zombees.

Nice thread.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by Amah70: 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
Progressive01:

"mbok"
Pooh, you impersonation master, or N100 per comment dude.
The new style in country is either a northrrner or SW persons impersonate a southsouth person to drop comments that show that southsouth people hate Igbos to the bone marrow.

Or N1000 per comment from SS person who trolls stories online purposely to generate the impression that southsouth hates Biafra.

There are many of them on other online news. One Field_Marshal on vanguardngr.com trolls only to create hatred and division between the SS and SE people.

Crude oil patriots of one Nigeria are getting more desperate against Biafra.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by dbanjj1629(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
In 2013, a group of politicians from the now defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), Congress for Progressive Change, and a faction of All Progressive Grand Alliaance came together to form a "United Progressive" party, which is today's All Progressive Congress. These politicians would later be joined by a faction of People's Democratic Party that called themselves New PDP. Nigerians in desire of better leadership were carried away by the gimmicks of these politicians. In 2015, they successfully wrestled power from the not so impressive government through the now President Muhammadu Buhari under the change mantra. Almost two years after, instead of change that they promised, the masses fortunes have gone from bad to worse.

It is an open secret that some of these politicians are coming together again to align and form a strong force in order to wrestle power from the failed government of Muhammadu Buhari, just like they did to Goodluck Jonathan that brought Buhari to power. Their hope is to ride on the unpopularity of Buhari to preach their own version of change.

While I am not against any alignment, I have to warn these men that Nigerians cannot be fooled the second time.

It is true that most Nigerians want to see the exit of Buhari in 2019, it is also true that unlike what we did in 2015, we shall go for better alternative. An alternative that is driven by patriotic Nigerians.

It is ironical that the same people that put us in the mess we are in since 1999 through different platforms are now trying to unite to oust Buhari just for their selfish interest.

Shared on Palmchat
well said. Enough is a Enough. We are the leaders of today not tomorrow.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by ebby9z(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
The major problem is our political system. It's s flawed and problematic. It fertilizes corruption and greed. We are in a country where to contest and stand a chance of winning, you need to contest on the platform of a major political party, and before you can be allowed to even smell the platform, you must kiss the asses of godfathers, grease delegates palms and spend a fortune on campaign.
Therefore, for a youth or a technocrat to emerge as an office holder, he either joins the bandwagon or simply loses the chance to win.
Re: 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible by ebby9z(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
WriteBoy:
The Case for the Inclusion of Youth in the Governance of Nigeria.

All my life, I have heard various Nigerian leaders pout the maxim that youths are the leaders of tomorrow. I think that’s just glib talk and mouth service. Our leaders do not believe in any of that. They only fall back on nice sounding maxims when they need to court popular opinion.

Same Old, Same Old

Every elective season, I am saddened when the faces that have being holding elective positions before I was born are the very same people who come out to contest. Since 1980, the political class in Nigeria has largely being unchanged and that’s a thing to be very worried about. To excel in political positions, there is need for the occupant to have both ideas and experience. Ideas would bring forward schemes that could impact on governance while experience would show the leader what works and what doesn't.

The continued absence of youth from major elective offices in the country portends a grave risk: When they finally get elected to office, though they may brim full with ideas but lacking experience in the intricate operations of our Nigerian bureaucracy may stump them. This is because they lack experience. So there has never being a more opportune time to drive up the inclusion of youths into the running of this country than now. There’s an urgent need to steer bright young talents that we have into public service so that the nation may benefit from them in the years of their prime and not when they have become jaded by the vicissitudes of life.

I watched the news in awe some days past as the MP’s from Hong Kong stood up for they believed and not they Mainland Chinese government would have them. That was truly inspiring! I wish for our Nigerian youths to become that brave.
Question is, do Nigerian youths really have what it takes to seize leadership from the aged ones? Isn't it the same Nigerian youths who praise-sing corrupt unscrupulous politicians online, who engage in tribalistic warfare on online fora instead of tabling constructive ideas? Isn't it the same youths who constitute NASS, one of the most corrupt, depraved and avaricious group of deranged youths in the country? Or youths whose major preoccupation is to engage in Internet scams and post pictures of IPhones and fake gold wrist watches on Instagram.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Watch Your Utterances Against Edwin Clark' - Ijaw Youths Warn Nnamdi Kanu / I Didn’t Lose 2023 Presidential Election, Atiku Declares / Nigerians Blast Femi Adesina On Twitter, #WailingWailers Also Trending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.