Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos (32806 Views)

King Nwachukwu Nashid Koleoso Karade Eri, Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing. Photos / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri, Aka Ji Ovo Igbo Leads Community To Omambala River / Man Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing In A River To Become A Chief In Bayelsa.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos by Ekykool(m): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
ianSweet:

What u are saying is exactly what am saying. I support we Africans promoting and reforming our progreesive cultures to make it look fascinating and appealing to others but i can never support a spiritual ritual festival like above which involves deities. God forbid.
We have to drop all regressive practices like idolatory or all practices involving gods and godesses.

You don't know what you are saying and you don't want to learn. Search on "Olili Obibia Eri" or "Eri Festival" to know about the purpose of the festival and most importantly, the purpose of going to that river to pray.

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos by Gome23: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2016
Washing away pples destiny
Re: Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos by angelofurlife: 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Believe me, more than half the people in those pics still attend church services. In fact, they are staunch catholics. undecided
you mean they should stop attending church because they bathed in a river?

1 Like

Re: Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
Eeeewww! After washing their filty bodies in the river in the name of cleasing an epidemic of cholera will began in that village, ignorance sure is an illness, what's the different between this water and the water that runs through their taps? that is if they have taps grin
Re: Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
angelofurlife:
you mean they should stop attending church because they bathed in a river?
Pls go and read the comment of the person I was responding to and don't ask me a baseless question.
Re: Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos by ezeagu(m): 12:18am On Nov 17, 2016
ianSweet:

What u are saying is exactly what am saying. I support we Africans promoting and reforming our progreesive cultures to make it look fascinating and appealing to others but i can never support a spiritual ritual festival like above which involves deities. God forbid.
We have to drop all regressive practices like idolatory or all practices involving gods and godesses.

What the fuck is "idolatory"? Mehn, read a book.

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos by OMAR12: 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
ianSweet:

Ok i guess we should all go back to human sacrifice and killing of twins since we really want to retain our cultures and make sure u drop everything that belongs to the white man away from your lives including the gadget u are using to type.
U guys should be realistic for once.
Many European societies used to be barbarians in the past, but they began to progress once they dropped their regressive cultures. They only retained the progressive elements of their cultures and that is what we are supposed to do too.

Show me any advanced and progressive country in the world that holds on to diabloical customs and ritual festivals as part of their nationality!
Most progressive countries apart from those in the Arabian gulf are rapidly dropping culture and religion as a whole.
what is diabolical about this, the Chinese still hold on to the festival, China is the most technologically advanced nation in the world and the up coming world power, they still; retain some of their culture, we have don away with the bad element of our culture, must u guys speak ill of this. I also heard someone saying that this is why Africa is still backward. how does this stop one from moving forward. if u don't believe in superstition then the thought of oneself that practicing this cultural practice will make one backward, is in itself superstition.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos by OMAR12: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
Gome23:
Washing away pples destiny
if that what u think.
Re: Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos by AtaniWarrior: 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
Shoutout to Aguleri cool.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos by AtaniWarrior: 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Eri the missing guy from Israel??

No. Eri was from Igalaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo And Olori Memunat Pictured Together After Her Graduation / Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days / Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.