Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,562 members, 7,770,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:51 AM

I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife (32529 Views)

Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / 14 Years After, Akiolu In Court To Defend Emergence As Oba Of Lagos / Despite Him Snobbing Me,i Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by JamieNaijaTeam: 1:41am On Apr 27, 2017
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi has put our minds to rest that there shall be no duel or war following the open ridicule he received from the Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akiolu!

The 42 year old Oba Ogunwusi told this to some news men who made inquiries after the incident.

According to the Ooni of Ife, the older King's act would not even stop him from his mission of promoting unity amongst Yoruba rulers. The humble monarch says he will not rest until he achieves his aim of unity.

On what he feels about the public ridicule, Ooni of Ife says it would not stop him from giving respect to the Oba of Lagos whenever and wherever their paths cross.

The foremost ruler also reveals that he was not perturbed by the snobbish greeting, hence he would not want Akiolu to be castigated because of his position and age.

He concludes that despite his act, he will continue to hold Akiolu of Lagos in high esteem.

LINK: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/04/i-will-continue-to-hold-oba-akiolu-in.html

Lalasticlala oam4j fynestboi

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by chris4gold(m): 1:43am On Apr 27, 2017
Na you sabi

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Lucasbalo(m): 1:49am On Apr 27, 2017
JamieNaijaTeam:
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi has put our minds to rest that there shall be no duel or war following the open ridicule he received from the Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akiolu!

The 42 year old Oba Ogunwusi told this to some news men who made inquiries after the incident.

According to the Ooni of Ife, the older King's act would not even stop him from his mission of promoting unity amongst Yoruba rulers. The humble monarch says he will not rest until he achieves his aim of unity.

On what he feels about the public ridicule, Ooni of Ife says it would not stop him from giving respect to the Oba of Lagos whenever and wherever their paths cross.

The foremost ruler also reveals that he was not perturbed by the snobbish greeting, hence he would not want Akiolu to be castigated because of his position and age.

He concludes that despite his act, he will continue to hold Akiolu of Lagos in high esteem.

LINK: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/04/i-will-continue-to-hold-oba-akiolu-in.html

Lalasticlala oam4j fynestboi
Ooni of Ife is a class act.

239 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by MasterChen: 2:12am On Apr 27, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Ooni of Ife is a class act.

Real class act!!!!

183 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by justmenoni: 2:22am On Apr 27, 2017
RESPECT

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 2:58am On Apr 27, 2017
A man of Humility is the king of ile ife.

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 27, 2017
I wish Akinolu can see this. this is person you are older than ooo? is not by age ogbeni

165 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by achieverme(m): 3:03am On Apr 27, 2017
Shame on Akiolu

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 3:27am On Apr 27, 2017
Great man.
Our Oonirisa....very humble.
Everything about him is royal. He's indeed worthy of the throne. He is not a gragra person. May God continually uplift him.
His character, worthy of emulation. A well trained Oba. Long may you live!
"I'll continue to respect The Oni of Ife..God's choice.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by MasterChen: 3:31am On Apr 27, 2017
This Ooni is just another proof maturity isn't about age. You can imagine an oldie like Akiolu doing things one can only expect from a high school student.

Shaaaaame!!!!

Also, I feel the Ooni is paying the price for humility. He wouldn't have tried that nonsense with his predecessor or even the Alaafin

Aah. Oo ni fe te

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Guestlander: 3:38am On Apr 27, 2017
True Omoluabi.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by SIRmanjar(m): 3:55am On Apr 27, 2017
The tourist king wetin you want make im happen before?Ehh!Keep forming mr dj humility..Oba Rilwan na your elder anytime anyday while you be small boy wey just enter throne..OBA Rilwane rules over 15million subjects the yorubas, ibos,hausas,Ijaws,efiks,Tivs,ishekiris,Urhobos,fulanis,and the hole ethnic group in Nigeria..while u rule over roughly 100 thousand subjects..Next time u see him make sure u prostrate and kwayetly have a seat at the back role. grin

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by duduade: 4:26am On Apr 27, 2017
So what has the Oba of Lagoon said That man is a first class tout... Bitterness in his heart.. Go dey wear black shades, dey feel like badt guy!!!! The heart has black as the black google he wears

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by eposho: 4:38am On Apr 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:
The tourist king wetin you want make im happen before?Ehh!Keep forming mr dj humility..Oba Rilwan na your elder anytime anyday while you be small boy wey just enter throne..OBA Rilwane rules over 15million subjects the yorubas, ibos,hausas,Ijaws,efiks,Tivs,ishekiris,Urhobos,fulanis,and the hole ethnic group in Nigeria..while u rule over roughly 100 thousand subjects..Next time u see him make sure u prostrate and kwayetly have a seat at the back role. grin
In your mind.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by mykelmeezy: 4:42am On Apr 27, 2017
okay this ooni has my biggest respect

the wise will know this isnt accepting defeat but clearly showing

how retarded and foolish that oba has made himself look

m not a flattie shar if not na me n fishes for lagoon go eat lunch

27 Likes

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Livebygrace: 4:43am On Apr 27, 2017
Sometimes, wisdom is not a function of age or class. Ooni of Ife has done the best thing.

33 Likes

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by MasterChen: 4:46am On Apr 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:
The tourist king wetin you want make im happen before?Ehh!Keep forming mr dj humility..Oba Rilwan na your elder anytime anyday while you be small boy wey just enter throne..OBA Rilwane rules over 15million subjects the yorubas, ibos,hausas, Ijaws, efiks,Tivs, ishekiris,Urhobos,fulanis,and the hole ethnic group in Nigeria..while u rule over roughly 100 thousand subjects..Next time u see him make sure u prostrate and kwayetly have a seat at the back role. grin

All these fanyogo illiterates from the land of the rising potopoto and their silly comments. Y'all aren't even difficult to spot. You become clueless when the thread isn't an opportunity to type "zoo must fall" "afonja" and the rest of your crap. That's all y'all contribute to Nairaland

God "bless" your TD board head If you reply me with that "I'm Yoruba" nonsense

How una wan take appreciate humility when na slap una dey take wake una apa up for that side .

When people from rich cultures are talking, discourteous, potopoto people that use money to buy titles too will be raising their hands.

197 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by locosis007(m): 4:53am On Apr 27, 2017
ecumenism is a sign of maturity and well disposition

I think The oba of Lagos. is getting senile. old age has set in

Oni just proved he's for oneness!

abi the oba of Lagos they jealous say Oni of ife they ball pass am. lolz

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by AbakalikiPress: 5:08am On Apr 27, 2017
The Ooni'risha, Arole Ooduwa has spken well. cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Flexherbal(m): 6:15am On Apr 27, 2017
Good !

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by greatgod2012(f): 6:17am On Apr 27, 2017
A clear difference between a well trained person and a lout!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by omenkaLives(m): 6:19am On Apr 27, 2017
A King who doesn't allow his emotions run amok. The gentleman exudes the essence of royalty and class.

May your reign be long and fruitful sir.

God bless the Yoruba nation, and bless those who bless them.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by dunkem21(m): 6:22am On Apr 27, 2017
Nice one from the thoroughbred and classy Ooni *Yeye* ..

..and a standing ovation for the Obi of Onitsha(The person above no go gree) cheesy

If an GEJ talk like this, dem go still curse am cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by omowolewa: 6:27am On Apr 27, 2017
Good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by ayamback: 6:31am On Apr 27, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
A King who doesn't allow his emotions run amok. The gentleman exudes the essence of royalty and class.

May your reign be long and fruitful sir.

God bless the Yoruba nation, and bless those who bless them.
[/s]

God bless the good people of Benue state and bless who stood by them and curse those who forsake them

ooni must respect lil Wayne akiolu because he's the elder grin ooni supremacy my foot grin

5 Likes

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Firefire(m): 6:38am On Apr 27, 2017
Very good of you Onirisa.

That means, you allowing the irunmoles to fight your battle.

Good luck to Mr. Akinolu, the Oba of Lagos Island.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by tyson98: 6:44am On Apr 27, 2017
GOD BLESS YOU JARE DON'T MIND THAT OLD FOOL
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by echelons(m): 6:45am On Apr 27, 2017
You don't force friendship on people.
The Oba doesn't want to hear stories of shaking one Ooni and waking up the following day sick.
They're of the same tribe and they know the evil their benign greetings are capable of causing.
tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Alasi20(m): 6:45am On Apr 27, 2017
God Bless O'oni of Ife

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by noble71(m): 6:45am On Apr 27, 2017
Much respect Sir.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 27, 2017
Lala, is that his abobakou beside him? Just asking

2 Likes

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by divinelove(m): 6:47am On Apr 27, 2017
Who ask u mumu

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Welcomes Baby Boy With Bolanle / Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State / Princess Fulani Siddika Sanusi's Maternity Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.