Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,366 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. (6879 Views)

Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo / Tony Nwulu Declares Free Akara Breakfast At His Neighbourhood (Video, Pics) / Appeal Court Constitutes New Panel For Ondo PDP Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by phemmyutd(m): 10:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
Governor Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board, Rtd DIG Ajao Named Chairman

The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Tuesday constituted the Board of the Neighbourhood Safety Agency, in line with his quest to further strengthen the security of the State and safeguard its local communities.

Consequently, the Governor approved the appointment of DIG Israel Ajao (Rtd), a former Commissioner of Police in Lagos and Ogun and DIG Criminal Investigation, as Chairman of the Board.

In a statement signed by the State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Adeniji Kazeem, the Governor also named Mr. Gboyega Bajulaiye as the Executive Secretary of the Board. Other members of the Board include representative Of the State Commissioner Of Police, Suleiman Lewi (CSP); Chairman Lagos Task Force, Yinka Egbeyemi (SP); a representative of the Department of State Security Service (DSS); Executive Security, Lagos State Security Trust Fund, Mr. Razaq Balogun; Community Representatives of Epe Division, Dengel Anifowoshe; Ikeja Division, Chief Tunde Aboyade; Lagos Division, Mr. Ishola Laguda; Badagry Division, Mrs. Ronke Ogabi; and Ikorodu Division, Mrs Kofoworola Adegboye.
Kazeem, in the statement, said that law, order and safety of lives and properties has remained a cornerstone of the Governor Ambode-led administration, adding that the constitution of the Board marked another step in the desire of Government to make Lagos safe and secured for its citizens. It will be recalled that at the 3rd Quarter 2016 Town Hall Meeting, held at the Indoor Sports Hall, Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere on October 11, Governor Ambode had announced plans to implement the provision of the Neighbourhood Safety Corps Law 2016 of Lagos State recently passed by the Lagos State House of Assembly.

The Governor also promised to recruit 5,000 Corps members into the Neighbourhood Safety Corps, adding that they would be present in all Local Governments and Local Council Development Areas of the State, with new recruits expected to earn at least N25, 000 monthly with other allowances. According to him, the Neighbourhood Safety Corps was part of efforts of his administration to institutionalise and deepen community policing in the State.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ambode-appoints-dig-ajao-as-head-of-lagos-neighbourhood-safety-corps/

Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by kunlexy1759(m): 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ambode is working. Silent achiever.

10 Likes

Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by PaulIdu: 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
Our Governor Our Hero ..the only hope for APC .. I love this man

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:36pm On Nov 15, 2016
Nice One
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by herzern1(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2016

Tinubu's lootinq aqent..... undecided undecided

Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by Generalkorex(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by johnstar(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2016
grin

#buhariMustGO

Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by Freelancer007(m): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2016
Kk
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:29am On Nov 16, 2016
Drain in public coffers. What is the need of these duplicating boards and agencies?
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by olasmith10(m): 8:29am On Nov 16, 2016
highly commendable......
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by basty: 8:29am On Nov 16, 2016
And some people are praising one Governor somewhere with old idea of community policing.
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2016
Small small... State Police don dey come!

Lagos State... Leader in groundbreaking achievements in Nigeria.

Though I didn't vote at all for anyone in state and national elections, I regret for not voting this guy...

9 Likes

Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by TeleboiZ005(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2016
I cant fit to read those names... angry
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by Generalkorex(m): 8:32am On Nov 16, 2016
RentALodge:
Love him
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by Generalkorex(m): 8:33am On Nov 16, 2016
RentALodge:
Love him
i no get tailor cv o.bt i av carpenter cv
am i
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 16, 2016
nairalandbuzz:
Small small... State Police don dey come!

Lagos State... Leader in groundbreaking achievements in Nigeria.

Though I didn't vote at all for anyone in state and national elections, I regret for not voting this guy...

Seconded
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by Lilimax(f): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2016
I hope this won't end up becoming state policing?
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by djbobby007: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2016
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by GreenNegro(m): 8:40am On Nov 16, 2016
Working gofnor
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by ThinkWISELY(m): 8:44am On Nov 16, 2016
He is just the ONLY reason I don't rants on APC led government all the time.
Nice one.
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by obowunmi(m): 8:56am On Nov 16, 2016
The same governor rendering millions of people homeless.

#SCAMBODE
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by Otemaseri: 9:01am On Nov 16, 2016
Good work sir
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by Pavore9: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by akilo1: 9:34am On Nov 16, 2016
more jobs for the youth,hater can go to the lagoon and do the needful
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by ephi123(f): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2016
Kudos to Ambode. The guy and his team are constantly coming up with new initiatives

Can Buhari just borrow a leaf from Ambode instead of going on irrelevant trips on climate change while his country people are struggling to eat 3 square meals.. Talk about Misplaced priorities.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by Tobyshegz(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2016
Great!
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by dzousev(m): 10:17am On Nov 16, 2016
[quote author=RentALodge post=51073853]Love him. The quality of People that Ambode is appointing is Second to none. I just hope they won't disappoint!

[color=#000099][b]**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria. With RentALodge.ng, you can be more than just a student. You are trained, given the opportunity to earn and exposed to the latest scholarship opportunities available to undergraduates.**

Nice 1....is uniben also covered?
I'm interested.
Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by EVarn(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2016
State police for a democratically matured state like Lagos is a very good Idea; they have the funds to sustain such an institution and their legislature is solid, hence they have the necessary laws provided to support it.

All in all,Lagos having a state police will be a fantastic idea due to its highly advanced and functional democratic institutions.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2016
From Tinubu to Fashola to Ambode, Lagos has really been blessed by visionary leaders. I just wish someone like Fashola or Ambode can be the Governor of a state like Abia, Bayelsa or Delta. There are serious opportunities waiting to be harnessed in those states.

As for those saying State Police is not yet legal, there is a difference between State Police and State Policing. The neighbourhood watch would apprehend criminals and hand them over to the Police for prosecution.

Criminals are already afraid, while law-abiding citizens have nothing to fear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He's Alive: Jubilation In Obunagha Home Town Of Keniebi Okoko -pics / Breaking: The CEO Orange Drugs Chief Tony Ezenna Is Dead / Appeal Court To Rule On Suit Suspending PDP National Convention On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.