Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka (2663 Views)

Governor Willie Obiano Flags Off 5.5km Road In Anambra (Photos) / Willie Obiano Flags Off His Re-Election Campaign In Anambra (Photo) / Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by explorer250(m): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2016
Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano ,yesterday flagged off the construction of a new housing estate estimated to gulp about N1.4 trillion in Awka, capital city of the state.
The project, which would consist of about 100 units of various types of houses, including duplexes and high rise apartments and sitting on 20 hectares of land donated by Ezinano Community in Awka South Local Government Area, is expected to be completed within 18 months.
The estate, which is financed by Senator Annie Okonkwo, who represented Anambra Central in the 6th Senate, has provisions for a shopping complex, offices, a police post, schools and hospital.
It was gathered that the investor would contribute 90 per cent of the funds, while the state government would contribute 10 per cent.
On completion, the profit sharing formula would be 85 per cent for the investor, 10 per cent for the state government and 5 per cent for the host community.
In a remark, Obiano appealed to the youths of the community not to disrupt work on the site and noted that the project would create about 2,000 direct and indirect jobs for the community.
He said with the takeoff of the project, his administration had attracted investments of about 4.8 billion dollars since assumption of office, adding that the project, known as Hills Estate was the 27th company he had attracted to the state.
Earlier in his speech, Senator Okonkwo expressed happiness that he was able to bring to Anambra the type of projects he had seen in other major cities in the world, noting that the investment could not have been possible if Governor Obiano had not created a conducive environment for the project.
Okonkwo said though Obiano had excelled in security provision, his greatest achievement since coming to office was the unification of Anambra people, irrespective of their political leanings.
“Obiano is a governor that does not discriminate in the development of the state and it is what he is doing that is attracting our people from all parts of the world to come home and invest.
With what he is doing, Anambra State will soon become a home for tourism in Nigeria and it will not take long for the state to become self sufficient in many sectors of the economy. He therefore needs the support of Anambra people to actualize his programmes” Okonkwo stated.

sunnewsonline.com/obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka/

3 Likes

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 8:41am On Nov 16, 2016
explorer250:
Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano ,yesterday flagged off the construction of a new housing estate estimated to gulp about N1.4 trillion
another political scam! When did Obiano appoint Lia Mohammed into his cabinet?
Thats like Anambra state's budget for 10years.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by explorer250(m): 8:51am On Nov 16, 2016
stsinner:

so you didnt see the magnitude of things to be constructed in the project? or you think say anambra na your mate?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by AustineE1: 9:38am On Nov 16, 2016
stsinner:

some of you guys just loves criticising for the sake of criticism,did he say Anambra state is going to bring out that amount,Anambra state is providing just 10percent of the counter-part funding.....i guess Anambra may only provide security,roads and land,while the investor will take care of the massive structural development.
God bless Anambra state!
God bless Ndigbo!!
God bless Africa!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 10:02am On Nov 16, 2016
explorer250:

so you didnt see the magnitude of things to be constructed in the project? or you think say anambra na your mate?
stop deceiving yourself,apart from Lagos state,no other state in Nigeria can afford such investment(in this recession). Abu m nwa afö anambra

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2016
AustineE1:

some of you guys just loves criticising for the sake of criticism,did he say Anambra state is going to bring out that amount,Anambra state is providing just 10percent of the counter-part funding.....i guess Anambra may only provide security,roads and land,while the investor will take care of the massive structural development.
God bless Anambra state!
God bless Ndigbo!!
God bless Africa!!!
stop joking on a serious issue.why cant you guys be realistic for a moment? Do you really know what N 1.4 trillion is?that amount no be beans?
that 10percent is bigger than the state's annual budget.
which investor? The same sen.Annie Okonkwo(from ojoto) that couldnt even manage Retail telecom coy? Wake up & smell the coffee.
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by EVarn(m): 10:21am On Nov 16, 2016
AustineE1:

God bless Anambra state!
God bless Ndigbo!!
God bless Africa!!!
Even 10% of N1.4 trillion naira is quite too much for a state like Anambra to solely provide at once; perhaps it would be paid in installments,plus the provision of land.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by Kingsley1000(m): 10:23am On Nov 16, 2016
'm fed up with this media propaganda
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by EVarn(m): 10:24am On Nov 16, 2016
I think states like Lagos need this kind of housing project more,with the current overpopulation in the state.

But eitherway,it is a very commendable development from Anambra; they seem to be in the news for a lot of splendid achievements these days.
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by chinology: 10:25am On Nov 16, 2016
It is 1.4b and not trillion. I think the sunnewspaper made a typographical error. See the actual report below..

stsinner:

stop joking on a serious issue.why cant you guys be realistic for a moment? Do you really know what N 1.4 trillion is?that amount no be beans?
that 10percent is bigger than the state's annual budget.
which investor? The same sen.Annie Okonkwo(from ojoto) that couldnt even manage Retail telecom coy? Wake up & smell the coffee.

Governor Willie Obiano has inaugurated the construction of Eagles Hill Estate, Awka.

Government House Correspondent Kenechukwu Ofomah who was at the ground breaking ceremony reports that the project which sits on twenty four hectares of land along Ngozika Phase two Road, Awka, has a total investment put at one point four billion naira of which the State government will contribute ten percent while the investor is to bring the remaining ninety percent.
With a timelag of eighteen months, the Project is for the design, financing and construction of housing units, sights and services required of a standard Housing Estate including roads, water facilities, power projects among others.

Performing the function, Governor Obiano said the latest investment brings to eight, the total number of companies his administration has signed in Real Estate Development, doing about one hundred and twenty thousand housing units.
The governor noted that with the security which his administration has put in place, a lot of people are relocating to Anambra, a development that presents the challenge of inadequate housing facilities, hence the increased efforts of his administration at providing housing services for Ndi Anambra.

While thanking the investor for partnering the State on the project, Governor Obiano expressed the hope that the construction phase will create economic activities that will create wealth opportunities for the people to enable them stay afloat in the face of the present economic recession.
He urged other well-to-do Ndi Anambra to heed his administration's call to bring their investment home, assuring them of maximum returns for their investments.

The Chairman of ANSIPPA and Traditional Ruler of Umuoji, Igwe Cyril Enweze revealed that apart from its capacity to improve housing services to the people, the project will also contribute significantly to urban development and boost the state's IGR profile.
For the Commissioner for Housing and Urban Renewal, Mr Frank Offor, Housing remains a key enabler for the present administration.
For his part, the Investor, Chief Annie Okonkwo acknowledged that the governor's greatest achievement is his ability to unify Ndi Anambra irrespective of party affiliations and galvanise them towards the state's development, assuring that they are committed to executing the project within the specified time frame.

He pledged to continue to support the governor.
Highpoint of the event was the cutting of tape to mark the formal inauguration of the project by the governor.

http://absradiotv.com/index.php/state/5640-gov-obiano-gives-reasons-for-his-renewed-interest-in-the-housing-sector

3 Likes

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by chigoizie7(m): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2016
stsinner:

Tru tru, that sum is outrageous.

But didn't u also read where it said that it will be financed by Annie okonkwo? Annie is a businessman and not anambra state.
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 10:30am On Nov 16, 2016
Kingsley1000:
'm fed up with this media propaganda
it makes me sick to my stomach. Willy should get to work!
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by AKswift: 10:31am On Nov 16, 2016
In as much I laud this project (if true), but you cannot achieve same feat within 18 months! The news is not utterly true
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2016
chigoizie7:

Tru tru, that sum is outrageous.

But didn't u also read where it said that it will be financed by Annie okonkwo? Annie is a businessman and not anambra state.
which businessman? how much is Annie really worth? Is he richer than Dangote?
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by nonsobaba: 10:39am On Nov 16, 2016
It is 1.4 billion naira. Annie is a rich man and that is chicken change to him. Doubting thomases think that Anambra is like their wretched states where 1.4 billion can only be afforded by the government. In Onitsha market, 2 traders can conviniently mobilise that sum in one week. Willie is working as usual. Shelter is one basic need of the people.
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by Progressive01(m): 10:44am On Nov 16, 2016
stsinner:

Rotflmao. cheesy

O'bingo is a LiePod hero, so he's bound to behave in a manner typical of LiePods. cheesy
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2016
nonsobaba:
It is 1.4 billion naira. Annie is a rich man and that is chicken change to him. Doubting thomases think that Anambra is like their wretched states where 1.4 billion can only be afforded by the government. In Onitsha market, 2 traders can conviniently mobilise that sum in one week. Willie is working as usual. Shelter is one basic need of the people.
first of all,am from idemili same as Annie. The dude isnt as rich as ifeanyi ubah,so your propaganda cant fly. Name those traders that can afford such amount? Lia's brother
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2016
chinology:
It is 1.4b and not trillion. I think the sunnewspaper made a typographical error. See the actual report below..

Governor Willie Obiano has inaugurated the construction of Eagles Hill Estate, Awka.

Government House Correspondent Kenechukwu Ofomah who was at the ground breaking ceremony reports that the project which sits on twenty four hectares of land along Ngozika Phase two Road, Awka, has a total investment put at one point four billion naira of which the State government will contribute ten percent while the investor is to bring the remaining ninety percent.
With a timelag of eighteen months, the Project is for the design, financing and construction of housing units, sights and services required of a standard Housing Estate including roads, water facilities, power projects among others.

Performing the function, Governor Obiano said the latest investment brings to eight, the total number of companies his administration has signed in Real Estate Development, doing about one hundred and twenty thousand housing units.
The governor noted that with the security which his administration has put in place, a lot of people are relocating to Anambra, a development that presents the challenge of inadequate housing facilities, hence the increased efforts of his administration at providing housing services for Ndi Anambra.

While thanking the investor for partnering the State on the project, Governor Obiano expressed the hope that the construction phase will create economic activities that will create wealth opportunities for the people to enable them stay afloat in the face of the present economic recession.
He urged other well-to-do Ndi Anambra to heed his administration's call to bring their investment home, assuring them of maximum returns for their investments.

The Chairman of ANSIPPA and Traditional Ruler of Umuoji, Igwe Cyril Enweze revealed that apart from its capacity to improve housing services to the people, the project will also contribute significantly to urban development and boost the state's IGR profile.
For the Commissioner for Housing and Urban Renewal, Mr Frank Offor, Housing remains a key enabler for the present administration.
For his part, the Investor, Chief Annie Okonkwo acknowledged that the governor's greatest achievement is his ability to unify Ndi Anambra irrespective of party affiliations and galvanise them towards the state's development, assuring that they are committed to executing the project within the specified time frame.

He pledged to continue to support the governor.
Highpoint of the event was the cutting of tape to mark the formal inauguration of the project by the governor.

http://absradiotv.com/index.php/state/5640-gov-obiano-gives-reasons-for-his-renewed-interest-in-the-housing-sector
Great state, great people

1 Like

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by nonsobaba: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2016
stsinner:

it makes me sick to my stomach. Willy should get to work!
If the marvelous works that Willie is doing across Anambra is making you sick, then you must be one of the witches and wizards that Anambra people gathered together to cast and bind from the state during the inter-denominational service that held after Obiano was sworn in. You can now see that Willie is working and God is confirming.

1 Like

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by chigoizie7(m): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2016
stsinner:

which businessman? how much is Annie really worth? Is he richer than Dangote?

1st of all, there is a correction as to how much that is involved here, (someone added a link from Abs anambra, and if not for anything, ABS is a number 1 media house for everything media by anambra state govt which is involved in this very case).

2nd of all, I am not here to debate if he is richer than Donald trump or whatever. I don't care, the reason for quoting that person is to remind him that ANAMBRA STATE is not FiNANCING the project. Rather an individual.

So, u can carry ur hate elsewhere.

7 Likes

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2016
chinology:

Gen IBB also held a breaking ceremony for Oba International Airport in 1991(i doubt if you were born then),where is that project today?
Few years ago, a president in Nigeria promised to build a refinery in Kogi state,where also is that project?
Forget all those propaganda,it cant help the state. PERIOD
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by chinology: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2016
You keep wasting away in frustration and bitterness! Firstly you questioned about the amount of the project and now you are whining over it's completion. FYI: This is not a government project but a PPP of which the private sector has the lion-share of it. The only reason ANSG is present there is because of their stake(10%) investment. Please take your frustration comot for my face, I am not responsible for your woes in life..

[s]
stsinner:

Gen IBB also held a breaking ceremony for Oba International Airport in 1991(i doubt if you were born then),where is that project today?
Few years ago, a president in Nigeria promised to build a refinery in Kogi state,where also is that project?
Forget all those propaganda,it cant help the state. PERIOD
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2016
nonsobaba:
If the marvelous works that Willie is doing across Anambra is making you sick, then you must be one of the witches and wizards that Anambra people gathered together to cast and bind from the state during the inter-denominational service that held after Obiano was sworn in. You can now see that Willie is working and God is confirming.
do you understand english at all? I said the media propaganda makes me sick! I wish my dear state can be better but it cant be done in a newspaper. I want to see that on ground
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by chinology: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2016
The PPP project is already ongoing. More pictures from the site..

4 Likes

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2016
chinology:
You keep wasting away in frustration and bitterness. Firstly you questioned about the amount and now you whining over it's completion. FYI: This is not a government project but a PPP of which the private sector has the lion-share of it. Please take your frustration comot for my face, I am not responsible for your woes in life..

[s][/s]
you are trying to twist my words. I pointed out those govts that used propaganda on gullible people like you,& you are shouting about completion. How much were you paid to sell your state? Its only dogs that eat food that fell from the master's table,i dont like to argue with fools like you
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by chinology: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2016
Where is the propaganda there? If you are so frustrated in life that you cannot see that the project is a PPP one then I can't help you. You can see that the project is already ongoing and you are still yapping and crying propaganda! Is the project a government project or a private inclined one that you won't let us hear word here? People just wake up with frustration and trying to infect others with it. Please take your ill-fate and get out from my face. I am all for good news..

[s]
stsinner:

you are trying to twist my words. I pointed out those govts that used propaganda on gullible people like you,& you are shouting about completion. How much were you paid to sell your state?
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2016
chinology:
Where is the propaganda there? If you are frustrated in life that you cannot see that the project is a PPP one then I can't help. You can see that the project is already ongoing and you are still yapping and crying propaganda! Is the project a government project or a private inclined one that you won't let us hear word here? People just wake up from frustration and trying to infect others with it. Please take your ill-fate and get out of my face. I am all for good news..

[s][/s]
check my signature. Thanks
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by chinology: 11:17am On Nov 16, 2016
Hopeless thing..

[s]
stsinner:

check my signature. Thanks
[/s]
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by nonsobaba: 11:25am On Nov 16, 2016
stsinner:

do you understand english at all? I said the media propaganda makes me sick! I wish my dear state can be better but it cant be done in a newspaper. I want to see that on ground
Do you have cataract or river blindness that you can't see Obiano's transformation initiatives across all sectors of Anambra state - security, agriculture, investments, roads, healthcare etc?
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 12:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
chinology:
Hopeless thing..
[s][/s]
when you see your father,tell that to him too. I still wont argue with fools
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by chinology: 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
stsinner:

my father is a hopeless fool

Hmmm!
Re: Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka by stsinner: 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
chinology:

Hmmm!
the way u changed my mention shows your dad did a good job raising an idiot *bye*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Again, Nnamdi Kanu Flouts Court Order, Grants Interview To Al-jazeera / Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity / EU Condemn And Caution Nigerian Military, Rejects The Declaration Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.