Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,656 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? - Music/Radio (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? (51210 Views)

Afrima Award: Tiwa Savage Wins The Best Female Artiste In West Africa / The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord / Before You Sign A New Artiste In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by vital94(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2016
Tekno
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by shugabae(f): 10:15am On Nov 21, 2016
Joshkid:
You ain't the only one on nairaland but a celebrity here! cheesy
celebrity? Not everyone on nairaland knows that attention seeker sef
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 10:16am On Nov 21, 2016
davtosh:
Brymo is good no doubt but his style is what I'm not cool with. His song Ara is a bomb but I've not seen any of his follow ups beating Ara.
That's the problem.

Ara no even near songs like Billion naira dream, naked, mirage, if you were mine, purple jar, dear child, down, 1 pound. e. t. c.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by MONITZ: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2016
sweetgala:

More than what Nigerians pay them for their music it's the brand endorsements that represent what companies want their products to be affiliated with that matters

Yeah bt that still doesn't mean they shouldn't churn out quality products for the listening pleasure of their fans because eventually this is wat will separate a talent from the pack at the end of the day,just take a look at Tuface ,he is not the only musician bt he is the most talked abt and appreciated because of the quality of his work.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by khuedybangz(m): 10:20am On Nov 21, 2016
tosyne2much:
If everybody is like me, most Nigerian artistes will starve to death because neither will I attend their shows nor buy the bullcrap they call album
This is the problem with Nigerians...... Hypocrisy... All of u guys criticising naija artistes if I attend ur birthday party, wedding graduation etc u will still play d "noise maker" songs.......... And u go bout claiming team music with lyrics.....drops mic nd walks outta here
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by sweetgala(m): 10:24am On Nov 21, 2016
Caseless:
Duncan mighty is rated na.

PH first son.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by sweetgala(m): 10:28am On Nov 21, 2016
mrletsgo:
All this pple complainin about artistes singing rubish, hw many of us bought/downloaded brymo/jesse jags e.t.c's album. They ar undarated because we dnt suport them

Brymo album is reason I keep my Google music subscription

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by sweetgala(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2016
jamalchance:
anybody said BLACKMAGIC yet

Great artist but his body of work is still small,he needs to develop his library
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by shugabae(f): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2016
tosyne2much:
Take it easy on the dude cheesy
she's even kind enough to say it indirectly, if I were the one I would have said it plainly that he's known for his stupidity
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by sweetgala(m): 10:33am On Nov 21, 2016
dingbang:
lol just as ur girlfriends did... grin

Cmon dnt be silly! The dumbo ain't no where near blowing tomorrow. He's just like Olu maintain or Sky B... I even saw d dude trekking!

Trekking nah crime
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Koboland(f): 10:33am On Nov 21, 2016
BosaLin, Erigga, Brymo, CDQ, Yungsix
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by ChynoBEATS: 10:54am On Nov 21, 2016
Jobia:
you mean wande autotune coal?

Lol calm down bae.... Prove it.....

Wande can sing well without auto tune.....

Btw.. Ya'll call autotune as-if its one kyn vocal machine... Its just a vox-pitch editor like melodyne ,waves-tune , newtone n vari-audio ...

Abeg free antereas O ... Any small tin auto-tune ..bae dnt spoil market 4 the company abeg cheesy
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by haryomikun(m): 11:03am On Nov 21, 2016
placeofallure:

I beg to disagree, Not that Wande isn't everything you say he is but surely he isn't the only one. Nigeria is blessed with a couple of sonorous voiced males. People like Tu face, Obiwon, Banky W, Dare Art Alade, Oritsefemi, Korede Bello, Kiss Daniel and a few others who are quite versatile. That's as far as falsetto voice is concerned. There are others with good, unique voices like Brymo, Dekunle Gold, Flavour, P Square, Patoranking etc.
Ma'am, you're talking on sentiment. You see all those artistes you mentioned up there? None can go as high pitch wande coal. Yes, all of them ranging from Brymo to patoranking.

If na lyrics, then I know they can be better than him when it comes to meaningful lyrics. When it comes to satisfying all fans of music all rounder its wande. He can kill street music, he can kill soul music, he can kill RnB, he can kill HIp hop.

I based my arguments on facts.

Listen to ashimapeyin..... That's street
Listen to DJ spinall money ft 2face wande that's a super back up
Listen to Superwoman and My favorite.... That's RnB
Listen to Same shi.t ft AKA that's hip hop...
I haven't heard him do sth like soul but forget, am sure he'll do perfectly well innit.

Yeah, others in ur write up can be versatile but where wande beats them is where that beautiful voice comes in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by tosyne2much(m): 11:04am On Nov 21, 2016
shugabae:
she's even kind enough to say it indirectly, if I were the one I would have said it plainly that he's known for his stupidity
The truth is, the guy has more haters than fans.. let's say 95% haters, 5% fans
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by haryomikun(m): 11:04am On Nov 21, 2016
ChynoBEATS:

Lol calm down bae.... Prove it.....

Wande can sing well without auto tune.....

Btw.. Ya'll call autotune as-if its one kyn vocal machine... Its just a vox-pitch editor like melodyne ,waves-tune , newtone n vari-audio ...

Abeg free antereas O ... Any small tin auto-tune ..bae dnt spoil market 4 the company abeg cheesy

She never sabi ni. Auto tune koor

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by shollyboy2: 11:28am On Nov 21, 2016
without being biased....The most underrated artist in Naija is Brymo Jesse jagz and then Rayce....Listen to brymo klitoris album and you would know he's one of the best if not the best vocalist in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by shugabae(f): 11:32am On Nov 21, 2016
TroubleMaker47:

@ least he is popular for something.

Who knows u? undecided
Ponder over dat.
Dumbass!
your sick brain
Shey you see the way you came here to disgrace yourself and your future children here
Insulting someone who said the truth just because you hope to beg money if the foolish fool manage to blow

Odé
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by shugabae(f): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2016
ojmetrix:
useless, girl what are, you known. for,than giving u know, what,I,mean
when it comes to stupidity you are next to airforce1

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by shugabae(f): 11:52am On Nov 21, 2016
Mzyouzee1:

Dis one too will want to make heaven wit dis mouth
busy body

That's how your mates will be doing something useful with their lives and you'd be here forming something
.first of all who called you here? Secondly what brought heaven into this matter now? I'm sure you just want airforce1 to notice you, don't worry sister he will just chill, expecting your pics with him soon but be careful stds are real
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by COOL10(m): 12:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
I would have said Boogey,but with his current headies nominations i'll say he's starting to get noticed.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by TroubleMaker47(m): 12:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
shugabae:
your sick brain
Shey you see the way you came here to disgrace yourself and your future children here
Insulting someone who said the truth just because you hope to beg money if the foolish fool manage to blow

Odé
Beg hu for money? undecided
Even if by chance I happen to beg isn't dat more honorable than u hu is always lying on ur back for money?
The way u learnt from ur mum!

Oloshos!
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by TroubleMaker47(m): 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
2SWT:

I can't remember saying he's known for his stupidity, I wrote about two classes of people you just made your conclusion

Look don't play smart.
It's as obvious as the daylight what u meant by dat statement.

P/s; sorry for calling u a dumbass. Just don't like when someone tries to ridicule another man's hustle under any guise. We don't knw d battle he's fighting so don't judge! Adios

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by TroubleMaker47(m): 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
dingbang:
hey shatap dia... popular for being stvpid He rather go into hiding.
You dirty fàggot! Get off my mention!
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by shugabae(f): 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
TroubleMaker47:

Beg hu for money? undecided
Even if by chance I happen to beg isn't dat more honorable than u hu is always lying on ur back for money?
The way u learnt from ur mum!

Oloshos!
I would have heaped insults on you but my mum taught me never to insult a mad man
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Dqueenzy(f): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2016
Redmoon:

Clay's Godwin cover is unique.
At first,i thought it was shakira singing,had to download her other songs,some pple are really talented.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
shugabae:
I would have heaped insults on you but my mum taught me never to insult a mad man
Liar!
When does ur mum have time to teach u anything? undecided
When she is always on her back..
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Adetayo41(m): 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2016
IpostStuff:
Abeg Wetin be 'rake'
it means too dey fumble and he is proud
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by osaeti(f): 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
Where did u put RACYE[color=#000000][/color][b][/b]
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by miketayo(m): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Wande relegated himself. He was doing excellently well under Don Jazzy but greed wouldn't let him nurture his career before leaving..

says who he isnt doing well now?
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by slimblinks: 2:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
Runtown and Techno
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
Dongreat:
Certainly it's BRYMO. Like you said the dude lyrics and voice is top notch but unfortunately he's from a country where major listen to loud beats with meaningless lyrics. Music is ART and peeps like BRYMO, ASA, DAREY, MI, knows how to practice it. Noise makers include Olamide, Phyno, Lil Kesh, Traffic warden Kcee, and even Dbanj. It's not all about money for some including me but the serenity that follows after a good, nice and tasteful music. When those noise makers are old they will certainly feel ashamed about their music cos generation then will see it as a joke. Remember tony tetula "bash my car", yes a hit back then but a joke, a very big one now angry. What about Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing" or "Lady in Red", yes I know, absolutely classic cheesy

Ps: Airforce1 is not a Musi or even a cian but a broke dude who show off always with generic perfumes, some worn out 3 pieces of N500 notes and his 8"inch plasma TV.
I agree with you completely about most people just listening to loud beats with meaningless lyrics. The truth is as long as a song is danceable and has loud beat, majority of Nigerians will find them great. Most Nigerian musicians are not great, but they tap into the love of the masses for crazy beats e.g the musicians you mentioned. It's just a few musicians who actually sing songs that have essence, meaning and great content. Most Nigerians like the mediocrity of the music created by majority of our musicians.
The sad thing about it all is that when you say anything negative about these musicians, those that love them so much insult you and call you a hater, as if everyone is not entitled to their opinion.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Dongreat(m): 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hazkel:

I agree with you completely about most people just listening to loud beats with meaningless lyrics. The truth is as long as a song is danceable and has loud beat, majority of Nigerians will find them great. Most Nigerian musicians are not great, but they tap into the love of the masses for crazy beats e.g the musicians you mentioned. It's just a few musicians who actually sing songs that have essence, meaning and great content. Most Nigerians like the mediocrity of the music created by majority of our musicians.
The sad thing about it all is that when you say anything negative about these musicians, those that love them so much insult you and call you a hater, as if everyone is not entitled to their opinion.

Lol, it's call fandom hun. Every celebrities has got fandoms that can lay their lives for em. Good music is food to the soul, while wack songs are noise made for lil or temporary cash. Marvin Gaye is still making cash today from royalties, fela kuti too (got his broadway show). Please don't go to threads that praises Wizkid, Olamide, Phyno, lil Kesh, techno, to condemn them o, cus their fans are mostly street boys and you will get the insults of your life. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

"One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video) / “I Win Big Brother, Them Wan Finish Me…” – Efe Says In His Latest Song (Video) / 'Sweet Mother' Lyrics (Prince Nico Mbarga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.