Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Hafsat MKO Abiola:‘My Father Knew Running For President Was A Suicide Operation' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hafsat MKO Abiola:‘My Father Knew Running For President Was A Suicide Operation' (523 Views)

Hafsat Umar Hambaga Dies In Accident (Photos) / Hafsat Abiola Costello Reacts To Hijab Controversy / See What This Oyinbo Tweeted About Nigeria While The President Was In USA (foto) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hafsat MKO Abiola:‘My Father Knew Running For President Was A Suicide Operation' by AnnaKareninaFan: 9:12am On Nov 18, 2016
Foreign Policy {An American news publication, founded in 1970 and focused on global affairs, current events, and domestic and international policy} yesterday in Washington DC honoured leading officials and diplomats worldwide who have made the greatest contribution to international relations. This 2016 edition had Hafsat Abiola-Costello, daughter of late Bashorun MKO & Kudirat Abiola, as one of the recipients. She is the founder of the Kudirat Initiative for Democracy{KIND}, a not-for-profit organization based in Lagos, Nigeria. Foreign Policy honoured Hafsat Abiola-Costello for her efforts through her non-profit organization.

In her remarks on receiving the award which she dedicated to her father and mother, Hafsat Abiola stated that, “My father was a businessman, he was the CEO of ITT in Nigeria; VP for Africa and the Middle East. He was not a democracy fighter. He became a democracy fighter. He used to say fighting military rule was like putting yourself in front of a moving train. And he wasn’t crazy. He was an accountant: accountants are very methodical people. He knew it was a suicidal operation. But the people in Nigeria had voted for him.

“He asked the question: if he betrayed the people, what was the message he was sending?The message would have been that the people were not important. And that was what most people in Nigeria believed: that the average person in Nigeria is not important. For one of the wealthiest men not just in Nigeria but in Africa to give his life for them signalled to them a new message that they were important to MKO Abiola. My father called his campaign ‘Hope 1993’, that was the year he ran for office. And he said “let us hold on to hope” and Nigerians will say farewell to poverty. We are still looking for that day we would say farewell to poverty but we are working towards it.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/mko-abiolas-daughter-hafsat-father-knew-running-president-suicide-operation/

Re: Hafsat MKO Abiola:‘My Father Knew Running For President Was A Suicide Operation' by Day11(m): 9:15am On Nov 18, 2016
Typing
Re: Hafsat MKO Abiola:‘My Father Knew Running For President Was A Suicide Operation' by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 18, 2016
FTC!! That Nigga Above Actually Toke It From Me
Re: Hafsat MKO Abiola:‘My Father Knew Running For President Was A Suicide Operation' by chemicalDisease: 9:18am On Nov 18, 2016
Meaning he committed suicide like his uncle

Awolowo.

Isokay!
Quote me let amadioha impregnate ur mum.

1 Like

Re: Hafsat MKO Abiola:‘My Father Knew Running For President Was A Suicide Operation' by marshalcarter: 9:22am On Nov 18, 2016
lipsrsealed hmmmmmm ok o
Re: Hafsat MKO Abiola:‘My Father Knew Running For President Was A Suicide Operation' by Destined2win: 9:22am On Nov 18, 2016
I can wait to ascend to that throne of Presidency.

What I am saying in essence is that I can't wait to make this nation the most prosperous on the face of the earth. So help me God!

(1) (Reply)

81 More On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia As Nigeria Is Killed For Drugs / Gunmen Kill 155 In Zamfara, 50 People Kidnaped / Re: What Is Wrong With Photo Of Buhari, Osinbajo And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.