Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik (37479 Views)

Ghanaians And Nigerians Claim Zobo Hawker / Hawker Dances With Her Goods On Her Head (Photos) / The Gala Hawker That Gave Prisoners Free Gala Is Now A Retail Store Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by viviangist: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2016
Written By THE HAWKER herself , Uzoigwe Nwamaka. Read below:

A DAY TO MY BIRTHDAY(loading 20th November)

MY SHORT STORY @25

(The diary of an educated hawker)
If my God didn't abandon me then, he will never again. I only have to hold him like never before.
My life as a young girl was so tough!
Many things you may not have known about me but the only thing I want you to know is that GOD KEPT ME!

My childhood

It was from grace to grass. From golden spoon to wooden spoon. I WANTED TO BECOME A MISSIONARY MEDICAL DOCTOR! I was fond of Mary Slessor, Florence Nightingale, Mother Thereasa of Calcutta and Karthry Kulmahn. I was a commited member of Anglican Children's Ministry.
I grew in pain. I lived in pain. I saw rejection. I saw mockery. I saw angry. I saw bitterness. I saw misery. I saw hunger in action. I saw lack. But God kept me!

My adolescent stage

Nothing changed. This period I joined my mum in her poultry buisness. We have to carry the fowls with wheel barrow to the market during festive periods to sell them off.(I love my mum).That was how I learnt hustling but God lifted me. He placed me in so many leadership positions that helped re shape my life. Eg. Speaker Anambra State Childrens Parliament, Senior Prefect etc. Due to my passion for the poor then, I followed some beggers home to see where they lived. I was so passionate about changing their lives even with empty pockets........

Early twenties

I got admitted into the university after much struggles.
God bless director Emeka Ejide and Hon. Tim Egboka.

My year one

As a new student I had many fears to conquer. My life was filled with a whole of tides. One of the greatest issue I had was accommodation issue. I was displaced from house to house till my second year. Even with all these, I never stopped my free classes with the kids. The kids living within my area became my priority. I had to gather them after they stained my cloth with their ball on my way to school. I recieve greetings from them each time I pass them playing around my area. I taught it wise to assemble them together and teach them morals and also help them with their studies. We moved into each compound every saturday to fetch other kids in the area. I bought a chalk board for them after one gateman offered us an accommodation in his compound. We did this till I packed out from the area. (I really miss them). Meanwhile then I survived with post ume registration hustle. God bless Dani David Odeh.

My year two

I lost my laptop(my highest source of income). This laptop, I recieved as a gift from Anambra State after my service in Childrens Parliament. Not up to seven months, it was stolen by armed robbers. I taught of how else to survive as a regular student. I cried in pain. I was half dead I taught I will never survive. This tragedy pushed me down to sell kpof kpof and doughnut for immediate survival. Actually I was laughed at on the ist day I took it to school but my courage and my friend Chidimma pushed me through. It wasn't easy doing it. It took me off classes. I missed morning lectures and quiz. I always rush to school looking scattered and disorganized. I actually started this buisness on 15, Tuesday, January , 2013 with #5000 from a friend. I made about 30 pieces on the Ist day. I even have to fry kpof even in the morning hours to my exams. I hawked other things like toiletries around lodges even in Eke Awka building line to survive. Even with that I organized"the brain fox competition "in my department for junior set then. Though small but part of my vision before I got admission.With God, I survived that stage. God bless Igoamaeze Emmanuel and Oramali Samuel.

My year three

I suddenly discovered I had a vision I dreamt of pursuing even before I got admission in school. I ran for SUG president but I lost. This is because even though the vision burned so heavily in my heart, I didnt start early to work for it because I had a whole lot of issues to deal with.
I was supported by many whom really saw the fire in me. After that I had no other option than to go back to my normal means of survival. This time it was selling of fries.(I met people that supported me financially to start up). I have to do this every night. I choose this because I needed to be in class for morning lectures. A whole lot of persons tried to know why I chose that. Some said I wanted fame
(fame from suffering? )
(Fame at the detriment of my studies?)
This one took my whole time. I reach home at 10pm every night. I gave up hope on my dreamed Ist Class. I was always tired to read even when I lied to many that I find time to read (am sorry about that).
Sometimes, I have to go through my hand out while I await for students to buy the fries. Most times it will rain so heavily after I must have finish frying that i start praying and crying for God to send me MIRACLE BUYERS . Life was hard. Later I stopped the buisness after the night I slept at Ist market, Ifite Awka. It rained heavily that I was delayed. That night I was drenched. The key to compound was no where to be found. My neighbour threw some clothes and blanket for me through the gate. I prayed, slept, woke up in the morning and lost motivation. God bless Evangelist Joshua Chukwujekwu

My final year

I decided not to do any hustling but to fight for my result. I tried to manage anyhow I could. God bless Benny Agozie.
I saw emotional stress, financial stress and physical stress combined together(3 in one). I experienced the good, ugly and bad side of relationships.
There were times I couldnt pray and off from God.
I had heartbreaks. I was rejected, I was abused, I was neglected, I was doubted and was misunderstood. Some people I loved so much worked against me. I had lots of emotional confusion and character flaws. I hungered and thirsted for love which I later found in God not man.
I became addicted to tying of scarf because I shaved my hair just to cut expenses. I lived in fear of survival all the time. A lady stood with me from my year one to the end. She is ILOABACHIE CHIDIMMA(former miss unizik).
Finaly God crowned all things with SECOND CLASS UPPER (2:1)in Psychology. I never sorted any lecturer. I never did exam malpractice. I virtually photocopied all notes. Grace saw me through.

School Holidays

No holidays for me.
No fun
No outing
It was just reading(for the next semester) and hawking (saving for the next semester)

After school

I was left with nothing but I had it very strong that I needed to serve in the house of God before serving my nation (NYSC). My church helped me start up a little business to keep me up. This was how moi moi buisness came up. It was very tough to cook and carry it around for sales at the same time. I went to offices, the streets etc. I also started evening home lesson for kids. I was always weak and sick, but whenever i want to be depressed or feel lonely, I cry to God for joy. I lost my skin colour and was shadow of myself. I looked older and very skinny. But I met helpers like they are always around me. God used someone to even pay for my house rent. I met someone that took me like a daughter. This widow loved me like I cant explain. What a mother does for her child, she did for me. She shared the little she and her son have with me. She taught me giving in lack. She taught me that one spoon of garri can help someone stay alive for some time(meaning no matter how little you have, still help someone from it cos the joy of being loved and cared for can revive a crushed spirit). My phones that were snatched from me by armed robbers were restored heavily. All that I needed was provided. I am happy because in all this, my testimony was protected. Out of all these, God crafted out a strong beautiful happy woman. God bless Chinedu Muoneke and Nchedo.
My greatest assets
My books. I got answers from most books I read. God speaks to me through books.
~My inspiration ~

1. My vision and purpose in life kept me going:

I decided not to trade it for anything a man can offer me. I decided to struggle and have my vision intact. I decided not to sell my vision in the bed of a man am not married to probably to survive through an easy and quick means.

2. Peoples prayers:

All my lectures encouraged me even the HOD and DEAN of my faculty. They were always fast to listen to my requests and pleas. People prayed for me as they buy my products. Mothers blessed me. I received pot, onions, money etc from my buyers. I was accepted and respected with my products. I met a whole lot of Pastors that mentored me at differnt points.They were
Pastor Celestine Etokwuo(Dunamis)
Pator Obi Ogbo(Garden of grace)
Pastor Cece & Ebere Ekwuagana(The Potter's wheel)
Pastor Ebuka (Beautiful ministries)
Pastor Rhema Onyebuchi. (Victorious city)
Evang. Joshua Chukwujekwu (His glory ministries)
Pastor Ben Enenche(Dunamis)
Generally DR. PASTOR PAUL & BECKY ENECHE(joined Dunamis since my year one as an awka pioneer member)

3. My mother:

My mother taught me contentment. She taught me good way to improvise. I never want to dissapoint her. I want to make her happy and feel secured whenever she thinks of me. I want to reduce her HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. My mother is not interested in any money I make but more interested in my chastity as a lady.

4. My father:

I want to make him see and understand life from another direction. I want him to see the strenght I have as a woman. I want him to watch me and be proud to have me as his last daughter. I want him to understand that it is God that trains people not man or even their parents. I want him to understand that God said "even though our earthly parents forsake us, He is there to cover us". God said this because He knows at some point in life, even ones parents can forsake the person. God speaks ahead of any challenge we will encounter after our arrival on earth. "Your parents can forsake you". Hold unto God firmly. He is the general Father we have. He will give you all that you need in a way you will never expect. I have enjoyed "SUPERNATURAL SUPPLIES". Meanwhile I love and admire my dad so much. He is so wealthy. He is hardworking and very calculative. He plans ahead. He taught me discipline. Part of him grows strongly in me. He loves daring. I love daring too.Paying my school fees from my child hood till my graduation is something to appreciate him for. It wasnt an easy thing. I think I understand him. He has my siblings to care for too. I appreciate him for the gift of education. He made sure I went to best of schools.

5. My unborn children:

I want to make a better place for them. I want them to be happy. I want them to be proud of my youth days. I want them to make me their Ist role model. etc. I want to set a strong godly foundation for them. I want to be their champion.

My strong thoughts

1. Kill any shame that will make you feel ashamed for the good but poor way to improvise. To fight and stand in life, embrace God. Cut anything that will take you to ungodly side. Grow in excellence. Never lose hope in God and what you wish to get in life. Dont try to have it all. Let it come gradually (bit by bit) at the right time till it is fully complete. To live long and look younger, run from depression. Never give anyone room to demean you. You are to teach people how to love and treat you. If you allow people to see you as a goat, they will treat you as a goat. Little by little with diligence maketh rich. Never see begging as an option. Work!
To Ladies
Don't let any man abuse you, no matter how rich or connected he is.
Build your character very strongly. Dont appear weak when you are, bad men try to locate that vaccum in you and pin you down through it. Guard your self with wisdom full armour of God. Tightly embrace God. Be sincere to yourself, man and God. If you dont have anything,forget that and use what is present at the moment. Mind your association. It is better to move with a commited friend than group of uncommited friends. Finally you need the HOLY SPIRIT.
And today I STAND SO STRONG AND READY TO FACE LIFE AT 25 AND ABOVE. YOU TOO CAN RISE FROM YOUR HOPELESS STATE NOW. THIS STORY IS TO ENCOURAGE YOU. A LITTLE LOOK INTO MY LIFE STORY. I NEVER EXPECTED ALL THIS, BUT IT CAME. In life you dont choose battles, but battles choose you. Dont be scared. With God, faith and hope, you will make it fully to the end.
I appreciate you all.

Source , http://www.viviangist.com/the-diary-of-an-educated-hawker-uzoigwe-nwamaka-aka-mama-unizik

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Atiku2019: 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2016
Kudos to all the HardWorking Nigerians.

#Atiku2019 smiley

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
I love it when I see pretty girls doing legal odd things to make a living, instead of selling their bodies (at Umunede grin)

Nice one Girl!

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by pchukwudi: 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
Awesome.

2 Likes

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Genea(f): 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
I'm sorry but I can't hawk and God won't make me do so ijn

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked God bless my hustle cool

1 Like

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Benjom(m): 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
She's got the energy.

1 Like

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
Genea:
see ur mouth like i cant hawk....

wheni catch you ehn cool

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by olajazz(m): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
You try.

3 Likes

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by brainpulse: 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
To the lazy dafts on NL jumping from one tread to another wailing and complaining that government did not give them job, and when given job complained about the allowance. You will complain and leave in your parents house till 80years old

3 Likes

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
Eeya. cry
Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

wheni catch you ehn cool

nice of u, god will surely lead u through.
Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by yetunsbay(m): 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
Genea:
awelewa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by alaskido(m): 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
Another Olajumoke in the making. At least this one is a more pretty one. Where is TY BELLO?

4 Likes

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by ItzHoludex(m): 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
hizzgud
Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by oluwaphizzy(m): 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
U ar really brilliant.......lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by wiloy2k8(m): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
lovely
Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
Atiku2019:

#Atiku2019 smiley
How much did Atiku pay you

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by skyfaze(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
Dats gud my sis...its only we the isrealites dat can have dat hustling spirit unlike...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by ijebuloaded(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
Atiku2019:

#Atiku2019 smiley

Not Understanding ... Yu mean that GAY?

1 Like

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by britbuz(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
some stories make me understand that "no such thing as unemployment". whichever state we find ourself is a function of our choices. i am deeply touched and motivated by this.

4 Likes

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Nairasurplus(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
Genea:
What are you insinuating? Why won't He make you to hawk if it is his will?
God, let thy will be done.
Amen

6 Likes

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by steppin: 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
Freeze was right. If you want to be successful, marry an Igbo woman.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by thowbie7ven(m): 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
Amen!...and me too!...i reject it with the precious blood of JESUS!
Genea:

3 Likes

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Genea(f): 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
thowbie7ven:
Amen!...and me too!...i reject it with the precious blood of JESUS!
Ameeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!
Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by chinanu123(f): 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
@OP, Pls how do I locate this lady?.

1 Like

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by paddypower(m): 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
Genea:
you can't hawk,what if its the only way?
Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Truth234(m): 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
Genea:

Just thank God for your life

3 Likes

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Genea(f): 1:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nairasurplus:

What are you insinuating? Why won't He make you to hawk if it is his will?
God, let thy will be done.
Amen
yes his will would be done but this isn't is will

1 Like

Re: An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik by Genea(f): 1:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
yetunsbay:
awelewa
wah is dah?
OZAOEKPE:

wheni catch you ehn cool
I reject it naaaaa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Delists Loan Apps, Vows More Clampdowns / Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) / Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.