Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Why Are Wedding Invitation Cards Written In This Format? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Wedding Invitation Cards Written In This Format? (718 Views)

See Invitation Cards Inviting Friends To The Cutting Of Their Daughter's 'dada' / Why Does The Lady's Name Appear First On Most Wedding Invitation Cards? / 5-Year-Old Girl Celebrates Her Father's Birthday With A Written Letter/Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Wedding Invitation Cards Written In This Format? by ochubaebube(m): 11:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
As a young and ardent observer of marriage principles, practices and arrangements, I have witnessed a lot of marriage ceremonies ranging from those of my older siblings, relatives, close friends and friends of friends. However, I have had something that has kept me puzzled for long.
Why does the name of the bride come first before that of the groom
I have severally asked married people and they seem not to know the answer to the question. I have gone the extra mile to ask elders and all they could give me are unsure answers.

Since the husband is the one doing the wooing, proposal, financing and upon whose invitation and consent majority of the attendants of wedding ceremonies come, why does the bride still occupy the position of being the first to be mentioned in an invitation card. E.g, Ijeoma Dike "weds" John Okorie, Bisi Oyedepo weds Akeem Badejo. Why? Please can a more learned person or someone well versed in marriage affairs tell me the reason for this trend.
Re: Why Are Wedding Invitation Cards Written In This Format? by baybeeboi: 12:34am On Nov 20, 2016
Because its always ladies first grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Wedding Invitation Cards Written In This Format? by suzzy4God(f): 7:22am On Nov 20, 2016
Yes,I observed that too but some churches doesn't allow that like MFM where I did my wedding,we were told during marriage counselling to make sure that husband name come first on our invitation cards,even on other souvenir dat husband is the one marrying the wife,not the other way round. So before we shared the IV,we showed them to confirm that we did as they said.

(1) (Reply)

A Mount Zion Church Pastor's Son Ends Up On The Streets... / Men And The Act Of Grooming Their Finger Nails / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.