Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss (10674 Views)

The Usefulness And Importance Of Trials And Temptations / Can The Lord Forgive The Devil If He Confesses His Sins And Repents From Evil? / Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by mayorall(m): 10:39am On Nov 20, 2016
foladara777:

Baba, he lied.. Concealing information with intent to deceive is a lie... And daughter of uncle is not d same as sister... D funny thing is that God wanted to punish that poor king even though he was misled by Abraham's lies.

Is that written in the bible too?.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by profhezekiah: 10:47am On Nov 20, 2016
Rahab was an harlot,she knew nt God,she did what she did with gud heart, she was later save with d isrealites,y did God ask Abraham to walk b4 Him n b perfect because he was nt with God with all his whole heart,Jacob was a deceiver frm birth,dat was y his name was changed by d angel,get ur issues ryt.
foladara777:

Oh, really?? But Rahab was honored as a hero of faith in the new testament now... Even Abraham lied and God did not hold it against him. In fact, God sent d spirit of lie into some prophets at some point to confuse a king meaning God initiated the lying.
That you are not comfortable with some things in the bible doesn't make them any less true
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by profhezekiah: 10:53am On Nov 20, 2016
Y did God call Abraham to walk b4 him n b perfect because his life was nt completely right with God
foladara777:

Abraham nko?? Or where God told d Israelites to exterminate d Amalekites even though he had told them "thou shall not kill"
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by yemjazz: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2016
Irrespective of how you twist it. lie is lie and no liar will enter heaven. Your write up shows that your biblical understanding is not deep.
I pray holy spirit will open your eye of understanding.
Nothing like holy sin. Sin is sin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by foladara777(m): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2016
profhezekiah:
Rahab was an harlot,she knew nt God,she did what she did with gud heart, she was later save with d isrealites,y did God ask Abraham to walk b4 Him n b perfect because he was nt with God with all his whole heart,Jacob was a deceiver frm birth,dat was y his name was changed by d angel,get ur issues ryt.
Mehnn... Why was she honored in new testament as a hero of faith, ehn?? And Abraham's lie were after he had being called by God... Even God personally induces lying sometimes... Like when he sent d spirit of lying into those prophets in order to deceive a king
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by foladara777(m): 11:02am On Nov 20, 2016
profhezekiah:
Y did God call Abraham to walk b4 him n b perfect because his life was nt completely right with God
Really, God demanded d murder of his child but I it's the lie he addressed?... And it's a wonder how u completely ignored d Amalekite analogy
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by foladara777(m): 11:03am On Nov 20, 2016
mayorall:

Is that written in the bible too?.
Oh yes
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Realdeals(m): 11:46am On Nov 20, 2016
Acting reasonably at the appropriate time to safe a situation is the best, either by telling a LIE or Saying the TRUTH.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 20, 2016
Op your writing up is so on point! Very realistic and genuine kiss

2 Likes

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by makan85(m): 11:50am On Nov 20, 2016
virginboy1:
This Sin Sin mehnnn.

God should just kuku kill the Devil na. since the devil is the source of all sins.

Most times I see nude nude girls trying to rape me in ma dream.
This devil ehnnnn.God please move me to heaven like Enoch.

Earth don tire me.
. guy I dey read u comment I dey laf u funny ooo
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Kkposky: 11:59am On Nov 20, 2016
people will always paint the word of God to suit them.
listen, God has a standard, he will not compromise because of you... He is a God of YES or NO... it's either you are on the YES side or On the NO side..
it is stated clearly in the scriptures "thou shall not lie".. lying is evil... .
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Alariwo2: 11:59am On Nov 20, 2016
I keep telling people.... anything 'sinful' in nature you do out of goodwill to protect yourself or loved ones can't make God angry with you
not making it a habit or abuse such privilege keeps your righteousness in check

I don't need to read all the versions of bible available to understand how faith and God works. Heaven still help and favour those who help themselves

peace be unto you all

1 Like

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by billyG(m): 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
LordGuru1:
*_A girl missed her period 2 months ago,her mom took her to the clinic for pregnancy test of which it was positive.Embarrased, her mom said; who is the pig that got you pregnant? The girl picked up her phone and made a call, an hour later,a young handsome man drove in Ferrari to the girl's house. Good evening, the man greeted. Your daughter told me the problem in the house. I can't marry for now because of my family issue, but I promise I will take care of her for the rest of her life, and if she gives birth to a girl,I promised to buy her a mansion, 2 jeeps and 1 million dollars. If it's a boy, I'll buy her houses in a country side, 5 jeeps, 2 big factories and 5million dollars in her account. If it's twins, I'll do anything she asked. But if there's miscarriage, what do you suggest i do? The girls father silently pat the young man on his shoulder and said; my son, if there is miscarriage, you'll sleep with her again and again and... till she gets pregnant again!
*_A girl missed her period 2 months ago,her mom took her to the clinic for pregnancy test of which it was positive.Embarrased, her mom said; who is the pig that got you pregnant? The girl picked up her phone and made a call, an hour later,a young handsome man drove in Ferrari to the girl's house. Good evening, the man greeted. Your daughter told me the problem in the house. I can't marry for now because of my family issue, but I promise I will take care of her for the rest of her life, and if she gives birth to a girl,I promised to buy her a mansion, 2 jeeps and 1 million dollars. If it's a boy, I'll buy her houses in a country side, 5 jeeps, 2 big factories and 5million dollars in her account. If it's twins, I'll do anything she asked. But if there's miscarriage, what do you suggest i do? The girls father silently pat the young man on his shoulder and said; my son, if there is miscarriage, you'll sleep with her again and again and... till she gets pregnant again! grin

Happy Sunday NLanders.
D father don hammer jackpot!
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by billyG(m): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
virginboy1:
This Sin Sin mehnnn.

God should just kuku kill the Devil na. since the devil is the source of all sins.

Most times I see nude nude girls trying to rape me in ma dream.
This devil ehnnnn.God please move me to heaven like Enoch.

Earth don tire me.
Devil is immortal!
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Praktikals(m): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
lomprico:

Not all lies are sin or bad.
A lie becomes sin when its intent it to cause harm or pain to another.
Tell them
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by filcast(m): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Abram lied to Isaac until God halted him and provided a sacrificial lamp. Imagine the honest alternative:
Abram: Son come let's go sacrifice you to the Almighty God. Isaac: No problem Sir.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Praktikals(m): 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
yemjazz:
Irrespective of how you twist it. lie is lie and no liar will enter heaven. Your write up shows that your biblical understanding is not deep.
I pray holy spirit will open your eye of understanding.
Nothing like holy sin. Sin is sin.
The Holy bible commands us not to kill. If someone wants to kill you but you have the opportunity to kill the person in self defence, what will you do?
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by neurosci: 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
I so much love this thread.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Charlesdock(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
foladara777:

Oh, really?? But Rahab was honored as a hero of faith in the new testament now... Even Abraham lied and God did not hold it against him. In fact, God sent d spirit of lie into some prophets at some point to confuse a king meaning God initiated the lying.
That you are not comfortable with some things in the bible doesn't make them any less true
And because God send lying spirit to the prophets of Ahab, does that make it right. For your information God said the lying spirit to the prophets to destroy Ahab. Sin is sin, nothingless nothing more. Go and read Rev. 21:8
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by SmartyPants(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:
It is never godly to sin. Sin is lawlessness, and it is never godly to be lawless. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Cor. 10:13 As far as we continue to try our very best to obey GOD through His strength, He will not allow temptations that we cannot withstand to overtake us.

That Rahab lied to protect the spies does not mean that GOD approved of her lies. Indelibly etched in the 10 Commandments is the injunction not to bear false witness. GOD is able to save those spies without Rahab's lies. The problem is that many Christians don't believe that GOD can save them when they choose to remain holy.

The Bible and the life of Jesus should be our only guide in this upward course of ours. It is never godly to go against GOD's command. Remember Uzzah and how he died trying to help GOD.

By hiding the spies Rahab committed two sins:

1. Disobedience to legal authority
2. Lying

But the bible says:

1. that she acted by faith Hebrews 11:31
2. and that she was justified by her actions James 2:25

Finally note that what the ten commandments state is "though shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor".
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by lionlamb020(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
Pls let's stop complicating God's Word. The old testament was a shadow of things to come.. Jesus is God's complete message to us. Whatever we couldnt find in Him should not be found in us. Period
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Charlesdock(m): 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2016
saintmark88:

One dimensional Xtain........... Do if a gun is put on someone's head, tht I care about and I know tht the only way to save that person's life is to lie about something, like like about the moni I have...... So I should go ahead ND say the truth. God doesn't have to come down n do what u can do for urself

If there's a way out, for a greater good, weda it's false or not..... Take the path for the greater good
Say the truth and pray God should deliver you. Don't sight one ridiculous example to lie. God is a consuming fire, He doesn't care for persons
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Charlesdock(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2016
Sin is sin, there is nothing like Godly sin. God is holy. Stop justifying sin. Yes some heroes of faith did sin but did God pat them on the back? And say good one boy. Please don't try and put into the bible what was never there.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by profhezekiah: 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
Read dat part very well,it was to test d faith of Abraham, after 99yrs which God has called Abraham,check who did he kill or what sin did he commited again,anybody dat have been call to perfection (santification) dont sin anymore,d Bible says whosoever sinneth is of d devil,b4 perfection call Abraham still d Adamic nature so after d call to perfection he was santified,so all he did in d past have passed away.
foladara777:

Really, God demanded d murder of his child but I it's the lie he addressed?... And it's a wonder how u completely ignored d Amalekite analogy
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
All these are your opinions...... obey all commandments as stated clearly in the bible...don't interpret the bible to suit your personal interests and lifestyle.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by profhezekiah: 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
Where was she honoured as a hero of faith in d new testament? What faith did she presumed? Pls don't misquote d Bible, n if Abraham did nt have any sin in him God wouldnt call him to perfection,when Enoch walked with God n didnt look back was he nt rewarded? The book of 1johne says whosoever committed sin is of d devil
foladara777:

Mehnn... Why was she honored in new testament as a hero of faith, ehn?? And Abraham's lie were after he had being called by God... Even God personally induces lying sometimes... Like when he sent d spirit of lying into those prophets in order to deceive a king
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by MindExplorer(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
First, we have to realise that the word of God is inerrant. This means it is without errors or contradictions.
Any contradictions we encounter then must be as a result of misinterpretation or misunderstanding. If you truly believe the inerrancy of the scriptures, you will not argue it.
The Bible has records of people's good deeds and bad deeds. When Peter betrayed Christ, it was recorded. When he revealed Christ, it was also recorded. Now, you see, this is because the Bible is a honest book.
Think about it like this, suppose you are a bible character, and the events of your life are to be canonised, both the good deeds and your bad deeds would be recorded.
But does that license the readers of your account to commit the errors you committed which was overlooked? Certainly not.
Now, this is my point. Abraham had been called of God to come out of his native land, just like we have been called out of our sins. But he still wasn't getting it right in terms of his relationship with God. The Bible recorded him lying and even bedding his wife's maid. All these he did. To show God's rebuke for his former style of life, God said to him in Genesis 17:1, ' Walk before me and be perfect Abraham'. As far as God was concerned, he hasn't measured up to the standard. And so God was telling him to leave those his self efforts and come up higher to a point where he could relate with God more intimately. After that Genesis 17, we never read about Abraham lying again. What we see is a man who can now speak to God as a friend.
In the case of Rahab, she had never been a Jew. But she had faith in the God of the Jew, that when the opportunity came, she lied. That lie is symbolic. It was a lie to deny. She was denying her allegiance to the land where she had lived and done all sorts of atrocities. She was smart enough to think this way. What would she have gained if she didn't. She immediately asked that she be accepted when the Jews come to destroy the land. You too, what have you denied yourself of in order to gain eternal life.
If you have known Christ, why would you have to lie to protect yourself. Is the Christ you serve unable to save you? It is your faith in Him that will make you bold for Him.
That simple lie you tell in the face of difficulty can be a denial of Christ that you represent.
#SinisSin.
#NoGodlySin
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by saintmark88(m): 2:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Charlesdock:
Say the truth and pray God should deliver you. Don't sight one ridiculous example to lie. God is a consuming fire, He doesn't care for persons

If u were as godly as u try to make urself seem, Nigeria would not be were it is today. But I dnt know u, but I no there's no one hu is free of sin.

I pray that God delivers me everyday, I need his deliverance, his grace, wisdom everyday.... So I dnt c any wrong with praying for God's deliverance.

We c things differently, My God yes is a consuming fire and doesn't care for persons, but he isn't just that he is still a very merciful God and a just God.

Im looking for an opportunity to lie, buh I can't watch people lose their lives or lose my own life if I have the power to save theirs or mine by lying........ I will gladly lie to save myself and save them dependn on d scenerio.

If my action to save people's lives will take me to hell, well I'll take d bait, and let them live. I dnt xpect u understand. Like I said, one directional xtain
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by LaClickLaBend: 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
heard a story about a man that was once stuck on the sea, so he prayed for God to save him.
few minutes later, a fisherman on his small boat came along and tried to reacue the man. The man said 'No i am waiting for God to save me' and the fisherman went his way.
Few Minutes later, a big ship came by and threw a rope to the man, for him to climb aboard, He refused still saying 'No, i am waiting for God to save me' and the ship went it's way.
A few Minutes later, a helicopter came by. By now, the man was weak and almost at the point of death. So the Helicopter let down it's ladder and asked the man to climb. He refused, saying 'No, i am waiting for God to save me'. And the Helicopter went it's way.
A few minutes after the Helicopter went it's way, the man drowned and died.
When he got to heaven, he felt betrayed by God and he poured his grievance unto the feet of God
''Father, why did thou betray me?. Have i not been a humble servant of yours? Have i not fed the hungry and clothed the naked? So why did you refuse to save me when i was dying on the sea?"
And God replied him
'' But i tried to save you! I sent to you a fisherman and you refused to enter his boat''
''then i sent a bigger ship to you and you still refused to enter''
''Because i love you and you have been a faithful servant of mine, i sent a helicopter to you, and you still refused!!!''
Then the man knelt down and wept for his foolishness.

Moral of the story?
In all your doings, pray for WISDOM

1 Like

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by saintmark88(m): 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
MindExplorer:
First, we have to realise that the word of God is inerrant. This means it is without errors or contradictions.
Any contradictions we encounter then must be as a result of misinterpretation or misunderstanding. If you truly believe the inerrancy of the scriptures, you will not argue it.
The Bible has records of people's good deeds and bad deeds. When Peter betrayed Christ, it was recorded. When he revealed Christ, it was also recorded. Now, you see, this is because the Bible is a honest book.
Think about it like this, suppose you are a bible character, and the events of your life are to be canonised, both the good deeds and your bad deeds would be recorded.
But does that license the readers of your account to commit the errors you committed which was overlooked? Certainly not.
Now, this is my point. Abraham had been called of God to come out of his native land, just like we have been called out of our sins. But he still wasn't getting it right in terms of his relationship with God. The Bible recorded him lying and even bedding his wife's maid. All these he did. To show God's rebuke for his former style of life, God said to him in Genesis 17:1, ' Walk before me and be perfect Abraham'. As far as God was concerned, he hasn't measured up to the standard. And so God was telling him to leave those his self efforts and come up higher to a point where he could relate with God more intimately. After that Genesis 17, we never read about Abraham lying again. What we see is a man who can now speak to God as a friend.
In the case of Rahab, she had never been a Jew. But she had faith in the God of the Jew, that when the opportunity came, she lied. That lie is symbolic. It was a lie to deny. She was denying her allegiance to the land where she had lived and done all sorts of atrocities. She was smart enough to think this way. What would she have gained if she didn't. She immediately asked that she be accepted when the Jews come to destroy the land. You too, what have you denied yourself of in order to gain eternal life.
If you have known Christ, why would you have to lie to protect yourself. Is the Christ you serve unable to save you? It is your faith in Him that will make you bold for Him.
That simple lie you tell in the face of difficulty can be a denial of Christ that you represent.
#SinisSin.
#NoGodlySin
Thank you!

Guy u dull sha, ur comment is filled with contradictions.u just said rehab lied to deny her allegiance to d land which she lived, meaning she lied for a good cause. .....so how is that diff from what the OP is saying??
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Chigold101(m): 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
Let me start with this place in the bible.
Rev 21:8“...and all lairs shall take their place in the lake of fire...“
I will say that you are either ignorant of the scripture or you are one of those that look for ways of supporting your sins with half biblical truth.
1: You mentioned Rahab. Rahab was not a christian and she was not an isrealite. Rahab was from jericho and in her culture lying was not a sin.
Sir, Rahab didnt not enter scriptural hall of fame (as u call it) cos she lied. She became a reference point because of her FAITH in God which is different from the god she is used to. She risked her life.
2: Jesus knew there is no way someone can hide a miracle. Jesus was teaching us the life of humilty and also Jesus do not want his personailty to be known yet (as at that time) to avoid early attack. There is no way for example a known blind person will recieve his sight without people coming to ask him “how manage?“ And we all are always proud of the person that rescued us.
3: Bros stop missleading people. Anger is not a SIN anywhere in the BIBLE. The bible recoreded that jesus was angry at a point. The bible only advised us to be angry and sin not and we should not remain unforgiven till sun down (Ephisian 4:26).
Sir please stop missleading people there is nothing like GODLY SIN. All sin is sin and any sinner that continued to live in sin shall go to hell fire.

Finally: telling the truth at all time and in the midst of danger like your example is a sign of trust to GOD ALMIGHTY. If you stand your ground without using worldly wisdom, God will be proud of you and save you.
Have you considered if the guy had lied and the thieves latter discovered that he lied?
What will happen to his soul if the thieves kill him for lying to them?
Sir becareful how you ditch out errors in the name of teaching?
Bros how will you feel if you discover that your wife have had an abortion and cos she doesnt want to hurt your feeling kept asecret until you stumble on it somehow.

Abeg no sin like godly sin....

1 Like

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Rebuke: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:
It is never godly to sin. Sin is lawlessness, and it is never godly to be lawless. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Cor. 10:13 As far as we continue to try our very best to obey GOD through His strength, He will not allow temptations that we cannot withstand to overtake us.

That Rahab lied to protect the spies does not mean that GOD approved of her lies. Indelibly etched in the 10 Commandments is the injunction not to bear false witness. GOD is able to save those spies without Rahab's lies. The problem is that many Christians don't believe that GOD can save them when they choose to remain holy.

The Bible and the life of Jesus should be our only guide in this upward course of ours. It is never godly to go against GOD's command. Remember Uzzah and how he died trying to help GOD.

I'm very happy to know we still have some of yhur types here. I'm so relieved.

God will never compromise His standard for any reason.

Lie is lie and sin is sin. It doesn't matter how itz painted.

Letz jxt stop defining d scripture to suit our weaknesses.

May God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Word 'Forgiveness' And The Concept Behind It. Whats Your Own Definition?. / . / Do Jet Owning Churches Care For The Poor - By Leke Beecroft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.