Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,814 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss (10676 Views)

The Usefulness And Importance Of Trials And Temptations / Can The Lord Forgive The Devil If He Confesses His Sins And Repents From Evil? / Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Charlesdock(m): 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
saintmark88:

If u were as godly as u try to make urself seem, Nigeria would not be were it is today. But I dnt know u, but I no there's no one hu is free of sin.

I pray that God delivers me everyday, I need his deliverance, his grace, wisdom everyday.... So I dnt c any wrong with praying for God's deliverance.

We c things differently, My God yes is a consuming fire and doesn't care for persons, but he isn't just that he is still a very merciful God and a just God.

Im looking for an opportunity to lie, buh I can't watch people lose their lives or lose my own life if I have the power to save theirs or mine by lying........ I will gladly lie to save myself and save them dependn on d scenerio.

If my action to save people's lives will take me to hell, well I'll take d bait, and let them live. I dnt xpect u understand. Like I said, one directional xtain
And when did it come to the point of how godly I am. What direction are you actually going to? I never said I don't sin but I will never justify Sin. Sin is sin no matter how we try to categorize it. When Paul wrote Rom. 6, he didn't categorize sins from sins. Instead of lying to save people why don't you pray to that same God to deliver you miraculously, that is if you truly believe in him. Rev 21:8 make us to understand that all liars shall perish. There is never a godly sin and there would never be!
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
Wisdom, indeed, is profitable to direct!
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by NobilityPays(m): 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

You'd want to check my signature.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by gud4dbest(m): 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
What a paradox! Godly sin.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by saintmark88(m): 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2016
Charlesdock:
And when did it come to the point of how godly I am. What direction are you actually going to? I never said I don't sin but I will never justify Sin. Sin is sin no matter how we try to categorize it. When Paul wrote Rom. 6, he didn't categorize sins from sins. Instead of lying to save people why don't you pray to that same God to deliver you miraculously, that is if you truly believe in him. Rev 21:8 make us to understand that all liars shall perish. There is never a godly sin and there would never be!

There's no point arguing with a zombie, u whip that deliverance tin again, seems tht d only punch line u have in ur arsenal, I have said it and I'll say it again, I will gladly pray to be miraculously delivered by God everyday, who doesn't?? Infact I need it, maybe u don't but me i do.

Zombies are one dimensional, they dnt have a brain to think, oga I have not said lying isn't a sin, this one ur quoting scripture for me like I dnt know already. Lying is a sin and I have not said there's something like godly sin

My point of view is that if the situation should arise where I would have to lie to save my life or save the life of others I will gladly do it. Is this so diff to understand, tht u have to quote scripture for me.... U need help o.

I mean we as human bins lie for stupid reasons, so is it wen I have to lie to save someone else's life, tht I would now remember scripture and what it says about lying... Thts hypocritical and wicked
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
No need for harsh words people. It is evident that there are a lot of aggrieved people here. Going through the comments, I'm sorry if you were a bit 'peeved', but I think the major hurdle many people face about the 'Opening Post' is the hurdle of clarity.

Now let me just summarize my thoughts:

1) Many people take Christians for 'zombies'. It is akin to what the well-known comedian, Kevin Hart crackled about. He humored about how 'dumb' his son was - that his son was soooo obedient that if he's sleeping and Hart says, "Go to sleep", the son will immediately start snoring. Now what's my point. To a fundamental Christian (coming from a theological point of view), that is Obedience - absolute obedience, in fact. However, discretion should teach one that, when told "go and sleep", you probably take a shower, make your bed, lie down and doze off.

The book of Proverbs call this set of Christians "the simple". They are not bad, just naive. I'm trying to lay here the basis of 'sinning' (as it were), without casting aspersions on your faith. Simple.

2) Jesus said, "be ye wise as serpents and harmless as doves". Why? What if another person, apart from the Lord said that. You would say the person is encouraging snake spirits. Some individuals, with the intent to show that they are 'holy' will do as if something did not pain them (in everyday parlance). That is not wisdom. You are bottling up animosity in your heart, behaving like lambs instead of showing serpentine wisdom. How do you know a serpent? Its quickness to 'react' discreetly when cornered. Either it defends itself or it escapes. What is the point? 'Show yourself', you are more freed up that way.

Much blessings people. This is the life of a simple man.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oliviaarims:
Wisdom, indeed, is profitable to direct!
You just spoke the truth truthfully my dear. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
gud4dbest:
What a paradox! Godly sin.
Well paradoxes control the balance of nature. For example, you must humble yourself to be lifted up. Again, you must give in order to receive. These are well-established paradoxes.

Caveat: The sin is in ' ' anyway there Sir. smiley
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
Charlesdock:
You see my brother, I understand your point of view perfectly but you don't understand mine. If you don't understand me, please don't misunderstand me. First of, I am not attempting to say there is a way one can commit adultery that is godly. No, never. I'm trying to do what you might call "looking beneath the obvious".

Question 1: Is disobedience sin?
Answer 1: Yes.

Question 2: Did Shedrack, Meshach and Abednego disobey the King (the legal authority in the land) when they refused to bow to his image?
Answer 2: Yes

Question 3: Was that counted as sin unto them?
Answer 3: No.

Question 4: Will some Christians actually bow down to an image in the present day to avoid being killed?
Answer 4: Yes.

Question 5: Did they OBEY legal authority? With an opportunity to later confess their sins?
Answer 5: Yes. They were 'obedient', because they want to abide by the laws of the land.

Question 6: Is it considered Sin to God?
Question 7: Yes.

Question 8: Why?
Answer 8: Because in their 'obedience', they disobeyed God. Simple.

So please, I am not condoning OUTRIGHT sins, but attempting to invoke discretion in our everyday lifestyles.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Op your writing up is so on point! Very realistic and genuine kiss
You are welcome to read more articles on my blog my dear. Many thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
Kkposky:
people will always paint the word of God to suit them.
listen, God has a standard, he will not compromise because of you... He is a God of YES or NO... it's either you are on the YES side or On the NO side..
it is stated clearly in the scriptures "thou shall not lie".. lying is evil... .
He is a God of YES or NO and he is also the God of a WHY. grin. You are welcome to read more articles on my blog in the coming days. Many thanks.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
yemjazz:
Irrespective of how you twist it. lie is lie and no liar will enter heaven. Your write up shows that your biblical understanding is not deep.
I pray holy spirit will open your eye of understanding.
Nothing like holy sin. Sin is sin.
Thank you very much kind Sir. You can also be an instrument to illuminate my heart. Believe me when I tell you, I am willing to learn. Everyone has different views, which some theologians call 'DOCTRINE'. There is more to something than what is evident. Many thanks bro.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
SIRKOL:
All I can deduce from all u have written @op is that u lack understanding of the word of God. But be careful n don't aid the devil in deceiving ppl because God cannot be mocked, what a man sow that he shall reap. Do not incure the anger of Gods wrath. A brotherly advise though.
I don't claim to have understanding dear Sir. Please illuminate my heart. Believe me when I tell you, I have been posturing on this narrative for a while now.

I put it to you kind Sir: You have a son. A wayward son at that. He came home one night breathing heavily, obviously short of breath. After some time, some people come knocking frantically at your door, asking you whether you saw someone matching a given description - your son's.

Do you "lie" or say the "truth" and give up your son? Think about this. It is very easy to be theoretical about things probably because one was brought up in a fundamentally religious environment. However, forget 'religion' and embark on reality, and many of your views will be properly tested. That is the test - the practical experience.

Many thanks brother.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
Chikpat:
This is nice. I dont knw where you worship. I am a catholic. You may wish to know about Catholicism's stand on "Mental Reservation" which z clearly wat d pastor lacked while emptying his pocket.... See http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10195b.htm
This was a great read. Maybe I want to be a disciple of Nevarrus. grin grin
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Charlesdock(m): 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
saintmark88:

There's no point arguing with a zombie, u whip that deliverance tin again, seems tht d only punch line u have in ur arsenal, I have said it and I'll say it again, I will gladly pray to be miraculously delivered by God everyday, who doesn't?? Infact I need it, maybe u don't but me i do.

Zombies are one dimensional, they dnt have a brain to think, oga I have not said lying isn't a sin, this one ur quoting scripture for me like I dnt know already. Lying is a sin and I have not said there's something like godly sin

My point of view is that if the situation should arise where I would have to lie to save my life or save the life of others I will gladly do it. Is this so diff to understand, tht u have to quote scripture for me.... U need help o.

I mean we as human bins lie for stupid reasons, so is it wen I have to lie to save someone else's life, tht I would now remember scripture and what it says about lying... Thts hypocritical and wicked
Everyone with their ideas and belief.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hmmmmmm......this reminds me of someone who always call sex the holy sin
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by xtivin(m): 12:19am On Nov 21, 2016
There is a thick line between Wisdom and Lie....to Lie is a Sin,Atimes Wisdom require you to modify the truth.Grace is When you commit a sin as a child and your father decides not to react and overlook it.But I must point out that God is not a man like Us,He said he will have mercy on who ever pleases him..According to Apostle Paul,Can a clay have a say over the potter?..We should becareful on what we think about God Lets not be as the 3 friends of Job

1 Like

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by fromnigeria(m): 6:02am On Nov 21, 2016
UnoDiscuss:

Source:
http://www.unodiscuss.com/2016/11/12/godly-sins-and-their-underlying-usefulness/
funny enough, this was not written by a 'christian'.
Nevertheless, i feel sorry for those who would imbibe this sinful opinion.

1 Like

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by kunleben1: 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
Frakolin:
Q

Bad guy grin grin grin grin
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by brendan007: 10:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
It is true that sin is sin no matter how we all look at it and surely no nonsense as Godly sin. But the question is this - are all the things we consider sin or ascribe the status of sin to really sin?
Take for instance you are in the process of evangelizing to someone you know certainly isn't going to heaven if he/she dies at that moment by virtue of the fact that the said person is not "born again" and it happens that both of you are held at gun point. It then happens that the life of this "bound for hell" person is dependent on you telling a "lie" to save him - would you the heaven bound brother or Sister tell the "lie" ? If you do, have you "sinned"? What have you done then if you don't?
I think I'd rather tell the "lie" and save the soul. Or what do you think?
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by justt: 1:54am On Nov 22, 2016
UnoDiscuss:

Source:
http://www.unodiscuss.com/2016/11/12/godly-sins-and-their-underlying-usefulness/

Op, your post just betrays you as someone who knows Bible stories but doesn't know the message!

Sin is sin no matter the premise. Rehab you mentioned lied because that was her way of life. she was a prostitute and lying wasn't an issue to her. Besides, she wasn't saved or rescued because she lied but because she obeyed the instruction given to her: bring all your family member into the same house AND tie the red rope (scarlet) in the window, see Jos 2:17&18 and of course, she asked for mercy Vs 12.

That red rope is a symbol of the blood of Jesus, a covering, a sign/seal.

It's still the same today. The blood of Jesus is the only means to salvation. No one is also saved today without asking God for mercy.

Shalom
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 22, 2016
fromnigeria:

funny enough, this was not written by a 'christian'.
Nevertheless, i feel sorry for those who would imbibe this sinful opinion.

Have a great day brother.

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by ArcToyin(m): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
lomprico:
Abraham lied that sarah was his sister to save his life.
Jacob/Isreal lied and cheated his brother n father in-law.

Not all lies are sin or bad.

If abraham said d truth he would av been killed
If jacob was honest, the isreal we knw today would ave been called esau.

A lie becomes sin when its intent it to cause harm or pain to another.
This goes for other acts we see as sin. For example if someone wants to kill me and I over powered n kill him in self defence, I don't think I have committed any sin.
My take.

Happy Christ the King feast to all Catholicas!
This is absolutely a misleading message. Because Abraham, Jacob and some others lied, does it now mean lie is justifiable? Who told you God approved their lies. Go check your Bible very well, Abraham didn't lie, Sarah was truly her sister. Before peniel experience, Jacob was still a sinner. Maybe you don't know the meaning of Jacob. So my dear, God will not segregate lie neither will he approve it. Let keep working towards perfection and living a blameless life.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by ArcToyin(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2016
foladara777:

Oh, really?? But Rahab was honored as a hero of faith in the new testament now... Even Abraham lied and God did not hold it against him. In fact, God sent d spirit of lie into some prophets at some point to confuse a king meaning God initiated the lying.
That you are not comfortable with some things in the bible doesn't make them any less true

Was Rehab justified through lie or cos of saving the spies? Abraham did not lie, Sarah was truly her sister, check Genesis very well
The fact that God sent the spirit of lie to the prophets means He approved lying? What o f those He sent death, blindness to. The spirit of lie there is one of his weapon to defeat.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by SIRKOL(m): 10:47am On Dec 18, 2016
UnoDiscuss:

I don't claim to have understanding dear Sir. Please illuminate my heart. Believe me when I tell you, I have been posturing on this narrative for a while now.

I put it to you kind Sir: You have a son. A wayward son at that. He came home one night breathing heavily, obviously short of breath. After some time, some people come knocking frantically at your door, asking you whether you saw someone matching a given description - your son's.

Do you "lie" or say the "truth" and give up your son? Think about this. It is very easy to be theoretical about things probably because one was brought up in a fundamentally religious environment. However, forget 'religion' and embark on reality, and many of your views will be properly tested. That is the test - the practical experience.

Many thanks brother.
OK I think I get u now. But know this, if I tell a lie, it doesn't change the fact that I have sinned. u r talking abt forgetting religion and facing reality, 4geting that Gods standard cannot be reduced whether reality or not. Our God is not a God that tolerates situation ethics else He would have pardoned Uzziah that tried to prevent the ark from falling, He wouldn't have turned his back from Jesus Christ. my point; there is nothing like godly sin. we might only be pardoned by grace as the bible says, I will show mercy on who I will show mercy.....
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
SIRKOL:
OK I think I get u now. But know this, if I tell a lie, it doesn't change the fact that I have sinned. u r talking abt forgetting religion and facing reality, 4geting that Gods standard cannot be reduced whether reality or not. Our God is not a God that tolerates situation ethics else He would have pardoned Uzziah that tried to prevent the ark from falling, He wouldn't have turned his back from Jesus Christ. my point; there is nothing like godly sin. we might only be pardoned by grace as the bible says, I will show mercy on who I will show mercy.....
"Thou shall not Kill". Is killing a Sin? Yes. Do soldiers kill? Yes. Are they committing Sin? Probably No, if they 'kill' within the context of Godliness.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2016
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by adelee777: 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
@op there is nothing like godly or ungodly sin. Sin is sin. But i understand what u are trying to pass across. In d 10 commandments, in exodus 20:16, it states 'thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour''. Which means do not lie to hurt ur neighbour. Lying to save a life is not sin. Rahab did it. Abraham did it. Samuel did it. D case of samuel is even funny. Pls read 1 samuel 16:1-2. Sin is based on motive. If u tell d truth with a sinister motive, then u've sinned. Lying to save a life is not a sin. Shalom.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by adelee777: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
TsaTrinity:
Hmmmmmm......this reminds me of someone who always call sex the holy sin

the case d op is pushing is very different. There r absolute sins, n there r sins based on motive. E.g. God gave d israelites d rule to keep d sabath day, not to do any work on d sabath day etc. Jesus healed on d sabath n asked which is better: to save a life on d sabath or to allow a life to waste? Hyprocritical religious folks in His time were saying it was sinful...just like they r still doing now. Shalom.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Paul And Silas Was In Prison Who Was The DPO? / . / Do Jet Owning Churches Care For The Poor - By Leke Beecroft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.