Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? (7138 Views)

Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? / Fasting Is Incredible. Are You A Sinner? Do This! / Lord's Chosen Church Launches Aircraft-Looking Vehicle For Evangelism In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by CXLVII: 9:49am On Nov 20, 2016
elantraceey:

I am not a sinner, I was a sinner but the day I gave my life to Christ I became the righteousness of God and that granted me access forever into Gods presence and power and that's why I can pray to God and expect answers but the prayer of a sinner is an abomination to God expect the prayer of salvation. But does that mean I'm flawless ? Of course not, I'm dying to the flesh daily and conforming to Christ daily but according to proverbs A JUST MAN FAILS SEVEN TIMES AND RISES UP AGAIN but because he fell doesn't make him a sinner, a sinner is someone without Christ living in him.

[b][size=18pt]Isaiah 64:6[/size]

Parallel Verses
New International Version
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

New Living Translation
We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind.

English Standard Version
We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

New American Standard Bible
For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

King James Bible
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
All of us have become like something unclean, and all our righteous acts are like a polluted garment; all of us wither like a leaf, and our iniquities carry us away like the wind.

International Standard Version
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like a filthy rag; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind, our iniquities sweep us away.

NET Bible
We are all like one who is unclean, all our so-called righteous acts are like a menstrual rag in your sight. We all wither like a leaf; our sins carry us away like the wind.

New Heart English Bible
For we have all become as one who is unclean, and all our righteousness is as a polluted garment: and we all fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
We've all become unclean, and all our righteous acts are like permanently stained rags. All of us shrivel like leaves, and our sins carry us away like the wind.

JPS Tanakh 1917
And we are all become as one that is unclean, And all our righteousnesses are as a polluted garment; And we all do fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

New American Standard 1977
For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

Jubilee Bible 2000
But we were all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses as filthy rags; and we all fell as the leaves of a tree; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

King James 2000 Bible
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
For we are all become as one that is unclean, and all our righteousnesses are as a polluted garment: and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And we are all become as one unclean, and all our justices as the rag of a menstruous woman: and we have all fallen as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Darby Bible Translation
And we are all become as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have carried us away;

English Revised Version
For we are all become as one that is unclean, and all our righteousnesses are as a polluted garment: and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
For we have all become as one who is unclean, and all our righteousness is as a polluted garment: and we all fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.
[/b]
Young's Literal Translation
And we are as unclean -- all of us, And as a garment passing away, all our righteous acts; And we fade as a leaf -- all of us. And our iniquities as wind do take us away.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Lawcurrent(m): 9:49am On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

First of all God doesn't exist

Religion is a scam

And if God actually exists, he will be very ashamed of you, i bet Jesus wouldn't discriminate against sinners, why did he wash a sinner's feet ?? Why was Saul who was a murderer preaching the word of God ??

Religion is a scam

na by force to comment must you show people how dupe you areembarassed
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Proffdada: 9:50am On Nov 20, 2016
obaival:
Am stil wondering y dis pic alws showd on Moslems issues bt 4 Christians it's a free entrance

Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by wokomabest(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2016
First you ask yourself" who is a sinner". Virtually any man or woman you see has sin in one way or the other.Even those that say they are pastor.the bible says that nobody is perfect even one.so what matters here is to have a repentant soul and also have the fear of God in you. And do his work. Shikinah
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Image123(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2016
The blind cannot lead the blind to Calvary, they need help.
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by elantraceey(f): 9:59am On Nov 20, 2016
CXLVII:

[b][size=18pt]Isaiah 64:6[/size]

Parallel Verses
New International Version
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

New Living Translation
We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind.

English Standard Version
We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

New American Standard Bible
For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

King James Bible

Holman Christian Standard Bible
All of us have become like something unclean, and all our righteous acts are like a polluted garment; all of us wither like a leaf, and our iniquities carry us away like the wind.

International Standard Version
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like a filthy rag; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind, our iniquities sweep us away.

NET Bible
We are all like one who is unclean, all our so-called righteous acts are like a menstrual rag in your sight. We all wither like a leaf; our sins carry us away like the wind.

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation
We've all become unclean, and all our righteous acts are like permanently stained rags. All of us shrivel like leaves, and our sins carry us away like the wind.

JPS Tanakh 1917
And we are all become as one that is unclean, And all our righteousnesses are as a polluted garment; And we all do fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

New American Standard 1977
For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

Jubilee Bible 2000
But we were all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses as filthy rags; and we all fell as the leaves of a tree; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
And we are all become as one unclean, and all our justices as the rag of a menstruous woman: and we have all fallen as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Darby Bible Translation
And we are all become as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have carried us away;

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
[/b]
Young's Literal Translation
And we are as unclean -- all of us, And as a garment passing away, all our righteous acts; And we fade as a leaf -- all of us. And our iniquities as wind do take us away.

Yes we all became sinners but why did Jesus die for you? He took all my sins and infirmities, go study your bible Mr. If you that claims to be born again still call yourself a sinner then what differentiates you from those that are not born again? You better stop deceiving yourself and giving yourself excuses to remain in sin because no sinner will enter heaven, calling yourself a sinner has made your Christianity null and void , you better give your life to Christ.
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by lonelydora: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2016
Ndubuisipaul1:
Please I will like to know if it is justifiable for a sinner to go out with other members of his church for an evangelism ? It is a known fact that some of this Jehova witness and even these Winners member that are always on rampage telling people about christ are not close to God or born again . Can you introduce me to a person you don't know ?

What's you opinion ?

That is how a friend told a pretty witness lady to come back later in the day alone for another round of bible teaching, she came and trust my guy nah, they all ended up in his bedroom.
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:24am On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

God doesn't exist

Jesus doesn't exist

Religion is a scam

Can someone show me the pictures of Jesus and God, i don't mean that picture you were brainwashed to believe was Jesus Christ

God exists and so does Jesus. You cannot have God's picture because no one has seen him, no one has seen Jesus because there was never a way to shoot his photographs. Just like Gay Lusac the chemist, first queen elizabeth, pythagoras the mathematician etc
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Princewell2012(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2016
firstking01:
How can a sinner go and preach to a fellow sinner to repent??, i mean what will he tell the person...a sinner should first of all evangelise himself.

Hmmm you that's why it is good for a Christian to depart from sin. Yes it do happens. But such individual will go to a distance place to do his evangelism. Because men will always judge you by who you are.
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:38am On Nov 20, 2016
elantraceey:
Op a good tree cannot bear bad fruits neither can a bad tree bear good fruits, you can't give what you don't have.

It ain't always like that, sometimes the best person to preach to u against an act is someone who has suffered the consequences of having committed the act
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by elantraceey(f): 10:47am On Nov 20, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

It ain't always like that, sometimes the best person to preach to u against an act is someone who has suffered the consequences of having committed the act

If he truly have realized and suffered the consequences of his sin then he will repent and no longer a sinner then his mess will become his message but not the other way round.
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Ahmed99: 10:49am On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

God doesn't exist

Jesus doesn't exist

Religion is a scam

Can someone show me the pictures of Jesus and God, i don't mean that picture you were brainwashed to believe was Jesus Christ
Ave u seen d picture of ur brain,ave u seen d way d nerves are connected pls show me a picture den I will believe u have brain else u itself u are a scam
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Princewell2012(m): 10:53am On Nov 20, 2016
CXLVII:
Who is not a sinner on Earth? That should be the first question?

Who is not a sinner?

We were sinners before, but when Christ came some of us were redeemed and our sins were paid for. So those who now acknowledge Jesus as the personal Lord and saviour are nolonger a sinner. Do you get it?

Now listen a Christian is not a sinner and a sinner is not a Christian..

Note. This teaching is very deep, you can Pim me and lets talk about it.

Thank you.
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by femi4: 10:56am On Nov 20, 2016
Ndubuisipaul1:
Please I will like to know if it is justifiable for a sinner to go out with other members of his church for an evangelism ? It is a known fact that some of this Jehova witness and even these Winners member that are always on rampage telling people about christ are not close to God or born again . Can you introduce me to a person you don't know ? that you did not follow

What's you opinion ?
The Samaritan woman told her household about Jesus.

We have two types of sinners

1. Those that are yet to hear about him, this set of people can't evangelize cos they cannot talk about who they didn't know

2. Those that know him but didn't follow his instruction. We called them the "struggling Christians". These set of people can evangelize.
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:58am On Nov 20, 2016
elantraceey:

If he truly have realized and suffered the consequences of his sin then he will repent and no longer a sinner then his mess will become his message but not the other way round.

Do you believe I may be doing a terribly bad thing, which I suffer from but I do it because of something I really crave but I will reprimand my children or younger ones from doing it?
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by elantraceey(f): 11:00am On Nov 20, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

Do you believe I may be doing a terribly bad thing, which I suffer from but I do it because of something I really crave but I will reprimand my children or younger ones from doing it?

Then that's hypocrisy, trust me if your children or siblings find out you do same,do you think they'll listen to you?
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:26am On Nov 20, 2016
elantraceey:

Then that's hypocrisy, trust me if your children or siblings find out you do same,do you think they'll listen to you?

I just won't let them figure out what I been up to but I hope you get my point
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
Ndubuisipaul1:
Please I will like to know if it is justifiable for a sinner to go out with other members of his church for an evangelism ? It is a known fact that some of this Jehova witness and even these Winners member that are always on rampage telling people about christ are not close to God or born again . Can you introduce me to a person you don't know ?

What's you opinion ?
Were you supposed to mention any church's name?
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by godson4u79(m): 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
If no sinner should go for evangelism, then, nobody will evangelise... Cos we are all sinners... We only have pretender Christians now adays
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by AkinUltimate: 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

God doesn't exist

Jesus doesn't exist

Religion is a scam

I WILL AFFIRMLY SAY U ARE THE IGNORANT OF THE TRUTH
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by firstking01(m): 12:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

First of all God doesn't exist

Religion is a scam

And if God actually exists, he will be very ashamed of you, i bet Jesus wouldn't discriminate against sinners, why did he wash a sinner's feet ?? Why was Saul who was a murderer preaching the word of God ??

Religion is a scam

Lol, another lost soul heading for doom...mayGod have mercy on you.
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by iglimen: 12:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

God doesn't exist

Jesus doesn't exist

Religion is a scam

May God have mercy on you
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by GossipHeart(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

God exists and so does Jesus. You cannot have God's picture because no one has seen him, no one has seen Jesus because there was never a way to shoot his photographs. Just like Gay Lusac the chemist, first queen elizabeth, pythagoras the mathematician etc

Who then is this ??

Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by CaraJewel(f): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
firstking01:
How can a sinner go and preach to a fellow sinner to repent??, i mean what will he tell the person...a sinner should first of all evangelise himself....
then stop preaching and quoting bible for people who you feel are headed for doom(you are a damn sinner),..if they don't believe in God dont say such words,not nice for some who feels he is above righteousness...that wasn't how Jesus behave..stop feeling too good of yourself
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by darbeelicous(f): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
oh my goodness, I just realized that nairaland I full of atheists......... Lord av mercy!
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by firstking01(m): 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
CaraJewel:
then stop preaching and quoting bible for people who you feel are headed for doom(you are a damn sinner),..if they don't believe in God dont say such words,not nice for some who feels he is above righteousness...that wasn't how Jesus behave..stop feeling too good of yourself
See this oneundecided…what do you know??...an ordinary sinner is better than an atheist...that's why i sounded that way....stop judging and throwing tantrums at me on every thread you see my mention just because you know meundecided…abi, you too don't believe in God??
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by bestspoke: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
Princewell2012:

We were sinners before, but when Christ came some of us were redeemed and our sins were paid for. So those who now acknowledge Jesus as the personal Lord and saviour are nolonger a sinner. Do you get it?

Now listen a Christian is not a sinner and a sinner is not a Christian..

Note. This teaching is very deep, you can Pim me and lets talk about it.

Thank you.

Yes you are right...

Jesus died for our SINS...the wrath of adam and eve's sin was washed away through the water of baptism.

Your quote is right too...but As a Christian, referring myself as a sinner is not pointing to the fact that I am wallowing in sin..
The world we live today is a sinful one , where a single thought against that man that splashed water on your nice cloth on your way to work has transpired into sin, you don't even know if some of your daily actions have transpired into sin against God.Some Christians even after trying their best to keep away from sin all their lives will get to heaven and receive the shock of their mortal life.

It is better to keep seeking God's mercy for sins known and unknown than sit back and keep deceiving oneself that because you are a Christian you are completely righteous in the sight of God and nothing will ever lead you to sin, sinning is not limited to lying ,killing ,stealing,fornication etc.
As for me I will keep seeking God's mercy all the days of my life.

May God help us all
Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

Maybe he has realized you don't have reasonable contribution except you want add annoying and exasperating comments since you know nothing about Islam
But, you have the right to abuse Christians since you know a lot about christianity.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? by POPE2154(m): 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
Go and ask God undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With Olumba Obu(ooo) / Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? / Why Even Bother With These Atheists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.