Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,007 members, 7,845,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole (2543 Views)

I thought I was 74 But Was Told I’m 75 - Buhari / Hausa Man Contests For Councillor In Ebonyi Under PDP (Photos) / A Nairalander Is Contesting For A Councillor In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by KingOvoramwen1(m): 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
IMMEDIATE past governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, was received back home yesterday by the people of Edo North after his eight years’ stay at Bini-City Govt House, even as Oshiomhole claimed he never thought he could even be a councillor in life.

The Auchi Polytechnic ground was full to the brim as people waited from 10am till 4:50pm when Oshiomhole, who was earlier at the governorship campaign rally in Ondo State, arrived with his wife Lara.

Traditional rulers, politicians from the zone, including the deputy governor of the state, Philip Shaibu, were on ground to welcome the man whom the Otaru of Auchi described as the “hero of our time”.

Governor Godwin Obaseki and his wife Betsy arrived the venue five minutes after Oshiomhole got there. Oshiomhole Other dignitaries at the event includes the Secretary to the State Government, Osarodion Ogie; Chief of staff to the Governor; Taiwo Akerele; state Chairman of the APC, Anslem Ojezua; Patrick Obahiagbon; PDP House of Representatives member, EJ Agbonayinma; Senator Francis Alimekhena and many others. The Chairman of the organizing committee and former Commissioner for Local Governments and Chieftaincy Affairs in the state, Chief Tom Uloko, said the people of Edo North were proud to welcome Oshiomhole back home due to the way he transformed Edo irrespective of the paucity of funds and his doggedness in the fight against god fathers in the state. Responding, Oshiomhole, who apologized for coming late for the event, explained he could not have left the Ondo rally since it was another serious business for the APC.

Expressing his gratitude to God and the people of the state for supporting him throughout his tenure, Oshiomhole asked those he may have offended to forgive him. His words: “I want to say I am indebted with the opportunity given to me to serve Edo. My mother is here and I wonder what she might be thinking now, because none of us in my family ever thought anybody could even be a councillor. So I am very grateful to God. “They were several things we wanted to do across the three senatorial districts but with the sudden crash in our finances, we were unable to do them. But no government will be able to solve all the problems and I thank God we have another APC governor, in the person of Godwin Obaseki, who understands the problem and knows what to do. “We did our best in the 192 wards but we still have challenges and I know Godwin will tackle those challenges.

I want say I am sorry for those I may have offended without knowing but the ones I did to instil discipline I stood by it. We were not perfect but I thank you people for tolerating our excesses.

Obaseki will do better than me and we pray God to guide him because I am happy he is a worthy successor”.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/never-thought-councillor-oshiomhole/

Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by KingOvoramwen1(m): 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oba Ovoramwen definately reincanated in you...... Oshomole is too dogged...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
Kai But Oshimole Wife Fine Shaaaaaa wink
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by thesicilian: 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Destiny at work. Even when you can't dream it, when its your destiny nothing can change it
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
Oba Ovoramwen definately reincanated in you...... Oshomole is too dogged...

i thought i was the only one who noticed the similarities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
Edo people we are so de-tribalised obaseki even has a yoruba man in his cabinet..

sumtin that cannot happen in those yoruba states..
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
no body shud give me that rubbish that he is Akoko not yoruba

bcus Akoko ppl migrated from Akoko in ondo state except ondo state is no more a yoruba state again

1 Like

Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Kai But Oshimole Wife Fine Shaaaaaa wink

Thief..!!! grin
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
When your contract wife go get belle
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
When your contract wife go get belle

I have been noticing you on NL and i av come to a conclusion.......... (1) The day you start having sense is the day Snow will fall in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by Acekidc4(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Story for Sango and Co
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by KingOvoramwen1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
BornStunner1:
Edo people we are so de-tribalised obaseki even has a yoruba man in his cabinet..

True talk oo
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by KingOvoramwen1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

I have been noticing you on NL and i av come to a conclusion.......... (1) The day you start having sense is the day Snow will fall in Nigeria

Ohhh lawd i just cant grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by KingOvoramwen1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

bcus Akoko ppl migrated from Akoko in ondo state except ondo state is no more a yoruba state again

Epa You dey para today oo grin
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by KingOvoramwen1(m): 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by Scream(m): 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
That's why Edo State government should build a house of 200million naira for him! Nonsense
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
Scream:
That's why Edo State government should build a house of 200million naira for him! Nonsense

Are u Edo?? If no waka comot not ur biz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by donphilopus: 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

I wanted to insult you but I just wanna be civil so to avoid ban.

How many times would they tell you Taiwo Akerele is from Igarra in Akoko Edo LGA? Who made him a Yoruba man? He's from my community and wouldn't tolerate it when next you sell him to the Yorubas.

Besides, do you know how many Hausa-Fulani/Igbo aides Ambode has? Why trynna cause e-war where there's none? Abeg swerve joor.
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by donphilopus: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

You're a wacko boy.

Tell me how the people of Akoko Edo migrated from Ondo! Little wonder Lucky Igbinedion marginalised the people of Akoko Edo when he was the Governor.
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
donphilopus:

You're a wacko boy.

Tell me how the people of Akoko Edo migrated from Ondo! Little wonder Lucky Igbinedion marginalised the people of Akoko Edo when he was the Governor.

Lol i am very proud of what lucky did!!!

YOU ARE NOT EDO WE DO NOT WANT U PPL
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
donphilopus:

You're a wacko boy.

What is the Akoko in you name? Gerrarahia joor GO BACK TO ONDO
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
donphilopus:

You're a wacko boy.

Oya Where dyu originate from?? Talk na angry
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
donphilopus:

I wanted to insult you but I just wanna be civil so to avoid ban.

How many times would they tell you Taiwo Akerele is from Igarra in Akoko Edo LGA? Who made him a Yoruba man? He's from my community and wouldn't tolerate it when next you sell him to the Yorubas.

Besides, do you know how many Hausa-Fulani/Igbo aides Ambode has? Why trynna cause e-war where there's none? Abeg swerve joor.

See how a yoruba man is denying his yoruba ppl hahaha u nor wan be Afonja but u are!!
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by donphilopus: 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

What is the Akoko in you name? Gerrarahia joor GO BACK TO ONDO

You don't have sense.

Akoko Edo (man) represented Edo North at the 7th Senate. Akoko Edo just produced the CoS and Chief Press Secretary now and you're still here blabbing. So senseless!

We are from Akoko Edo and we do not speak Yoruba as our first language. I don't even understand Yoruba. What now makes us Yoruba?? You must be out of your senses.
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
donphilopus:

You're a wacko boy.

Marginalised?? Hahaha..... u ppl dat r not up to 300 grin even the headquarters of ur LGA is not even situated in ur place but on Afemai soil hahaha my advice to u tell ur ppl to pack thier load back to AKOKO IN ONDO STATE
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by muykem: 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
The work of God is above every man's understanding. Congratulations to the comrade governor.
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by donphilopus: 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

See how a yoruba man is denying his yoruba ppl hahaha u nor wan be Afonja but u are!!

You're yearning like a goat and not a human being. I've never been a Yoruba man and why should I deny it? Yoruba people are successful people and I would be glad to be one. So why should I deny them? You ain't making sense abeg.

You sound like a deranged fellow.
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by MONITZ: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

Are the yorubas not a part of Edo state??I mean the Akoko - Edos particularly,Edo state is a miniscule Nigeria because it has most tribes as natives.
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by donphilopus: 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
BornStunner1:

Marginalised?? Hahaha..... u ppl dat r not up to 300 grin even the headquarters of ur LGA is not even situated in ur place but on Afemai soil hahaha my advice to u tell ur ppl to pack thier load back to AKOKO IN ONDO STATE

A foolish comment from a fool. Taiwo Akerele is from Igarra the HEADQUARTERS of Akoko Edo LGA. I'm also from Igarra the headquarters. Pls now tell me how Igarra is in Afemai soil! BTW, Akoko Edo gave Obaseki 30,000 votes. Can you proudly post the number of votes your LG gave to Obaseki?? You fool shouldn't tell me you're from Oredo because you behave like one village boy from a rural area in Benin.
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
donphilopus:

A foolish comment from a fool. Taiwo Akerele is from Igarra the HEADQUARTERS of Akoko Edo LGA. I'm also from Igarra the headquarters. Pls now tell me how Igarra is in Afemai soil! BTW, Akoko Edo gave Obaseki 30,000 votes. Can you proudly post the number of votes your LG gave to Obaseki?? You fool shouldn't tell me you're from Oredo because you behave like one village boy from a rural area in Benin.

You are just a pained ondo man trying so much be be benin/edo...... A true edo man wuld never accept you ppl as one of us NEVER!!

Obasaki us just been kind lol... We benins are jyst been kind.... very soon u will still start crying again.... MAD MAN.hahahahaha
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by BornStunner1: 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
MONITZ:

Are the yorubas not a part of Edo state??I mean the Akoko - Edos particularly,Edo state is a miniscule Nigeria because it has most tribes as natives.

if what you are saying it also means the igbos in ibadan are ibadan natives....

illeterate fellow
Re: I Never Thought I Would Even Be A Councillor — Oshiomhole by donphilopus: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
MONITZ:

The guy is just an illiterate who doesn't know anything. The so-called Yorubas gave Obaseki the second highest votes in the just concluded elections in Edo State.

What the fool doesn't know is that Akoko Edo has over 46 villages and towns and is one of the largest LG in Nigeria. When Etsako was one, Akoko Edo was one as well. When Esan was one, Akoko Edo was one as well. When Owan was one, Akoko Edo was one as well. Now Etsako has been divided to three, Esan to five and Owan to two and Akoko Edo is still one. And the fool is telling me Akoko Edo is small. I would advise him to travel outside Benin and stop depending on money from Italy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Loses Ondo To Buhari / I Will Not Give Up fight - Nnamdi Kanu vows / The Prophet Breaks Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.