Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,980 members, 7,859,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 01:43 PM

Once Trump Is Your President, You’ll Wish You’d Been Friendlier To Me: Mugabe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Once Trump Is Your President, You’ll Wish You’d Been Friendlier To Me: Mugabe (863 Views)

Where Is Your President? CNN Asks Nigerians / Clear Evidence That The IPOB List Claiming To Visit Trump Is Fake / Oshiomhole To Ize-iyamu: You’ll Go To Jail First Before Probing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once Trump Is Your President, You’ll Wish You’d Been Friendlier To Me: Mugabe by nduchucks: 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2016

Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe wants to return to the United States’ diplomatic fold after years of tense relations, and his administration is confident that president-elect Donald Trump will welcome him back.

Mugabe, 92, has been in power for 36 years, presiding over Zimbabwe’s slow descent from one of Africa’s most productive post-independence economies—know at one point as the continent’s “breadbasket“—into an economic basket case besieged with angry protests. The US has imposed targeted sanctions against the Zimbabwean government since 2001, following a political and economic crisis that saw violent crackdowns by Mugabe and his supporters on opposition politicians and activists. Still, the superpower has continued to provide aid assistance to the impoverished southern African nation, investing nearly $100 million annually in health programs and other initiatives through USAID.

Mugabe’s government is looking forward to Trump’s inauguration next January as an opportunity to restore relations between Harare and Washington, Chris Mushowe, the country’s information, media and broadcasting services minister, told The Herald, a state-run, pro-Mugabe newspaper, last week.

“As a government, we were quite happy listening to Mr. Trump’s acceptance speech,” Mushowe said, welcoming what he saw as Trump’s pledge to work with every nation willing to cooperate with his administration. “Zimbabwe has never had any quarrel with America and does not need to have any quarrel with America.”

Mugabe to lawmakers: ‘Once Trump is your president, you’ll wish you’d been friendlier to me’
cool

Source

[url=lalasticlala.mynd44]cc[/url]

Re: Once Trump Is Your President, You’ll Wish You’d Been Friendlier To Me: Mugabe by dingbang(m): 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
I wonder if there are politicians in that country! How can one man be president for 36 years!
Re: Once Trump Is Your President, You’ll Wish You’d Been Friendlier To Me: Mugabe by Edwinmason(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
dingbang:
I wonder if there are politicians in that country! How can one man be president for 36 years!
i wonder why them neva give am otapiapia
Re: Once Trump Is Your President, You’ll Wish You’d Been Friendlier To Me: Mugabe by basybasy: 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
useless old fool. Despite staying too long on power, no meaningful develpment in zimbabuwe. Gadafi stayed too long in Libya and achieved greatness b4 dat useless obama conspired to kill him. Mugabe should stop makn noise.
Re: Once Trump Is Your President, You’ll Wish You’d Been Friendlier To Me: Mugabe by obailala(m): 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2016
basybasy:
useless old fool. Despite staying too long on power, no meaningful develpment in zimbabuwe. Gadafi stayed too long in Libya and achieved greatness b4 dat useless obama conspired to kill him. Mugabe should stop makn noise.
The same western powers are the ones that ensured they rubbished Zimbabwe since 2001 after they fell out with Mugabe.... Unlike Gaddafi whom they just killed outright, they used sanctions to destroy Zimbabwe to zero...

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Remains Resolute, Fearless No Matter The Cost – IPOB / Buhari Behind New Laws To Cage Churches - Clergy / The Illegality Of Ecowas Planned Military Intervention In The Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.