Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Journalists And How They Hate And Avoid The Truth: Thenakedconvos.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Journalists And How They Hate And Avoid The Truth: Thenakedconvos.com (255 Views)

Fake Journalists Who Stole Phones At Wedding Of Gov. Amosun's Daughter, Arrested / Avoid The Jonathan Error, Sanusi To Buhari / Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Supporters Clash With Journalists Over Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Journalists And How They Hate And Avoid The Truth: Thenakedconvos.com by playmice: 7:43am On Nov 21, 2016
Some months ago, I fell in love with a Nigerian startup when I read their mission statements. The founder of TheNakedConvos.com, Olawale Adetula said:

[Our] culture could be restrictive in letting us say what we think we should say.

According to him, Nigerians needed a platform where they can express their minds intelligently without any bias whatsoever:

TNC boasts a vibrant, intelligent, open-minded, diverse, unbiased and unpredictable audience … They are not journalists, they are not attention seekers, they are not politicians or policy makers; they are just young people who need to speak, on a platform where they will be heard.

For a company with such lofty goals, it makes their downfall even more amazing.

In the aftermath of the US elections, I submitted a short opinion piece (it is also at JennyChisom.com) about why Donald Trump won the US elections, and surprisingly, I got this reply:

Thank you for submitting your post "Why Donald Trump won the US Elections". It has been reviewed by our editors and, unfortunately, they have decided that it will not be published as they feel it was 'not properly researched and inaccurate in parts, e.g. highlighting Clinton’s corruption issues and not Trump’s tax avoidance concerns. Also too many sweeping statements; not balanced enough to work as a political opinion piece.’

The same fucking blog that accepted other highly biased anti-trump posts.

They are the very definition of bias.

They’ve strayed from their admirable goals.

They’re ruined. They are a huge disappointment to everything beautiful and good about Nigeria.

They disappointed me.

When a startup gets ruined, it isn’t really clear: but they’ll stray from their initial goals. That’s for sure.

Check out my full post about it on medium: https://medium.com/@playmice/what-ruins-a-startup-6f104c4c16c3
Re: Journalists And How They Hate And Avoid The Truth: Thenakedconvos.com by yeyeboi(m): 7:45am On Nov 21, 2016
Ok

(1) (Reply)

You, Me And The Nigeria Of Our Dreams / The Jomo Kenyatta Story | Documentary On The Founding Father Of Kenya / SERAP Asks EFCC To Probe Missing N500m From Chibok Safe School Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.