Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

#OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) (24833 Views)

Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? / #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates / Ondo Decides: Why I Missed Channels TV Governorship Debate - Rotimi Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Johnnyessence(m): 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
anonymuz:
That's a style of showing they have nothing to offer people. Buhari,obaseki etc didn't attend debate and see the consequences in their failure tao build a better nigeria. Just watching...
abeg stop saying trash here ok. Obaseki attend debates prepared by channels tv. And he won massively on that debates in september. Google is ur friend ok. Do not jump into conclusion again ok.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Smooyis(m): 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
Let the best man win
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Johnnyessence(m): 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
ogundeleai:
Outcome of election in US had shown that election debate has nothing to do with victory in real election
yes soo election debate is just to show case ur manifesto u that u have for the masses.
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by airmark(m): 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
Jchi9876:

Donald Trump was unrealistic
when he said he will abolish Obamacare,
deport all Hispanics
deport all muslims,
called for USA elections rigged
called for hacking
etc
etc etc

and he still won bros

Fear God nah

Trump's views are more realistic than what jimoh is spewing here. 10k from citizens under the burden of recession. Even lagosians wont trust ambode who has been performing with 10k voluntary fee. I wasn't talking about his chances of winning, i am talking about his governance strategy here.

2 Likes

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by alutarabbi: 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
gen2briz:
Oke is looking stressed..... Jimoh is very composed
yea, saw him in Ondo town today campaigning

3 Likes

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by baby124: 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
Doyin2:

Thank you baby 124.

I wanted brilliant people like you to point out the lie (or is it ignorance) in Jimoh Ibrahim's promise!

SMH undecided
It's not ignorance. It's blatant lies. Oke needs to expose his lies in a very intelligent way. Jimoh is a professional businessman. So he knows more about income tax than even Oke. So he is telling big lies here.
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by LorDBolton(m): 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
Jchi9876:

Na suit go carry am enter government House

He's dressed like a refined gentleman...

Oga abeg that Jimoh is empty I would have loved the apc guy to show so I also gauge his intelligence.

Jimoh said he'd increase min wage, increase pension? Lol in a recession?

Oke put it point blank any person coming in will automatically inherit 8months unpaid salaries thus the first thing to do is aggressively tackle it and avoid a repeat.

He added that for the first 1year in office it won't be on his agenda.

On issue of security vote n herdsmen

Jimoh: he said he would abolish security vote

Oke: he said he won't abolish security vote that security funding cannot be subject to bureaucracy, he was the main problem has been corruption

That he would review the amount needed n above all make the spending transparent.

I hope the oke wins...he isn't singing fairytales

1 Like

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by dam4wummy(m): 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
That was how buhari didn't show up too, and he won. Ondo people should see where I'm going
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by TheFreeOne: 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
5% of gross earnings to obas for security?

Not accepting security vote?

No tax....did i get that right?

Hmnn this Jimoh na fraud ....SMH

2 Likes

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Johnnyessence(m): 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
CioAngels:
Jimoh ibrahim, win or lose, please pay Nigeria Re-Insurance staff that retired 10year Ago. I am begging you in the name of God.
so painful to hear this again. Av been saying it that pot belly he has mean some thing. The man is a thief that should be checked.

1 Like

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by MONITZ: 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
They ve started again,this was how the general dodged all the debates then because he knew that he had nothing to say abt the questions that would be asked,and today we re in a quagmire that we can't wriggle out of easily.

Uncle Aketi is adopting the same pattern our oga adopted maybe because he knows that he is not sound economically and doesn't ve wat it truly takes to lead Ondo state and so wouldn't want to goof.Ondolites shine ur eyes wella, any candidate who is not bold enuf to lay bare his plans on how he intends to rule if given the opportunity of leading the state....Or Wat excuse does he ve to give for not attending,this is a debate that every party has earnestly prepared for and looked forward to,so y has he developed cold feet all of a sudden?.....

Most of the candidates ve one comma, defect or the other,just imagine that fraudster in the person of Jimoh Ibrahim,wat does he know abt governance other than going in to loot the treasury, in short Jimoh has to be stopped by all means by Ondo lites if they truly love their state because if he eventually wins then Mimiko tenure would be like paradise wen juxtaposed with the criminal's tenure.

2 Likes

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by supplyquick: 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2016
hmmm...Watching closely on TV

Meanwhile...Dont let anyone cheat you. Always visit www.engineerosaz..com to see latest prices of all building materials and to connect with a tructed contractor.

Best of luck on your project!
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2016
JIMOH IBRAHIM: 75000 as MINIMUM WAGE?? E BE LIKE SAY JIMOH WAN BRING MAVRODI INTO EDO STATE!
I SEE MMM TAKING OVER ONDO STATE IF JIMOH WINS!!

4 Likes

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Johnnyessence(m): 8:52pm On Nov 21, 2016
LorDBolton:

He's dressed like a refined gentleman...

Oga abeg that Jimoh is empty I would have loved the apc guy to show so I also gauge his intelligence.

Jimoh said he'd increase min wage, increase pension? Lol in a recession?

Oke put it point blank any person coming in will automatically inherit 8months unpaid salaries thus the first thing to do is aggressively tackle it and avoid a repeat.

He added that for the first 1year in office it won't be on his agenda.

On issue of security vote n herdsmen

Jimoh: he said he would abolish security vote

Oke: he said he won't abolish security vote that security funding cannot be subject to bureaucracy, he was the main problem has been corruption

That he would review the amount needed n above all make the spending transparent.

I hope the oke wins...he isn't singing fairytales
abeg wetin pa olu falae puppet olu agunloye wetin he talk. I know that one will Bleep up.
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by LorDBolton(m): 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Johnnyessence:
abeg wetin pa olu falae puppet olu agunloye wetin he talk. I know that one will Bleep up.

Lols Omo d man no supp dey here jare

Tho he sounded much more intelligent compared to Jimoh but he dey talk like old timer... counting his words

He also gave some insights into the minimum wage issue saying it's been corrupted.

That instead a base salary increase they increase across board thus a min wage increase actress favours those higher up the civil service ladder and not the common man.

His voice tho diff to hear him speak that's the only one that was clear.

The debate was poorly organised the moderator performed poorly sef

1 Like

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Kagawa10: 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Johnnyessence:

He was the best out of the candidates, followed by Olusola Oke.

He talked about commercial ranches in the state to curb the roaming Fulani men. If the state practised legalised Ranches at large, there won't be any need for the Fulani roaming around and that there will also be tightened security. He also talked about improving the Electricity power to spur economic activities and so-on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by TheFreeOne: 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
I didn't watch the program from the beginning but from what I saw Oke have better ideas and sounds more prepared to govern than the Agunloye and Jimoh.

The debate ought to be better.

2 Likes

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:00pm On Nov 21, 2016
Chosen1984:
JIMOH IBRAHIM: 75000 as MINIMUM WAGE?? E BE LIKE SAY JIMOH WAN BRING MAVRODI INTO EDO STATE!
I will always be saying it here and I will continue repeating my self. Jimoh ibrahim is a thief. He want to use ondo revenue and fg allocation money to settle some debt. He will loose this election no doubt. Non of them has plan for infrastructure development. What they know is speak their grammar and spend anyhow since they do not work for it. They got it cheaply. Jimoh should go and seat down and concentrate in his business. He is not feat for any post in politics of ondo state. He is just using money to buy everything. As if money will acquire everything.

1 Like

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by klax(m): 9:00pm On Nov 21, 2016
I'm not surprised he failed to show up its typical APC style they are the best liar in the world next in rank to Devil Boris Johnson of Egmngkand.

APC are the best dodgers of all human kind very useless party the truth is he has gone to their underground satanic chamber to go and clone voters cards as usual, guys just watch how they will rig the election in a mysterious way right now they are in the process of cloning business to hijack ondo state same way they clone edo people life for a stooge.

Well ondo people left to you if you will be brave enough like the ekiti people that bluntly say no to APC and stood by it and God gave them a strong guy like fayose, your destiny is in your hand.

1 Like

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Frankiss44(m): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
Chosen1984:

He never said he was going to pay 75k minimum wage... he only said 18k minimum wage was an insult to any human being and that his driver earns 75k
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
LorDBolton:

Lols Omo d man no supp dey here jare

Tho he sounded much more intelligent compared to Jimoh but he dey talk like old timer... counting his words

He also gave some insights into the minimum wage issue saying it's been corrupted.

That instead a base salary increase they increase across board thus a min wage increase actress favours those higher up the civil service ladder and not the common man.

His voice tho diff to hear him speak that's the only one that was clear.

The debate was poorly organised the moderator performed poorly sef
hmmmmm poor moderator. When is naija gonna better. Asking poor questions too. Instead of d moderator to ask them how will they come out of this recession he is busy asking them minimum wage issue. So pathetic. They will not ask question about how to stop corruption in our society. But they will busy asking unrelevant questions. Well nov. Twenty six is around d corner.
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by oluwadare26(m): 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2016
ok

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by chccho(m): 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
Frankiss44:

He never said he was going to pay 75k minimum wage... he only said 18k minimum wage was an insult to any human being and that his driver earns 75k
And u believe him? I know some of his drivers

1 Like

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
klax:
I'm not surprised he failed to show up its typical APC style they are the best liar in the world next in rank to Devil Boris Johnson of Egmngkand.

APC are the best dodgers of all human kind very useless party the truth is he has gone to their underground satanic chamber to go and clone voters cards as usual, guys just watch how they will rig the election in a mysterious way right now they are in the process of cloning business to hijack ondo state same way they clone edo people life for a stooge.

Well ondo people left to you if you will be brave enough like the ekiti people that bluntly say no to APC and stood by it and God gave them a strong guy like fayose, your destiny is in your hand.
keep wailing and ranting ok. It will help them win more votes more. It is when pdp is falling apart by the day the day that they will not av tangible words to say again. Either it is Agunloye or Oke or Jimoh all of una av been conceding to defeat. Debates does not say this will be d way d election will go no. Debates is a medium to express their manifestoe to their people. If there is time for one should attend it and if time does not permit it d debate it is not by force. D masses av make up their mind since no one to tell them what they need to do. They av already knows the fact. So u can be telling people here to convince them about one candidate ok. They know what is going on and they know what to do.
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
Kagawa10:

He was the best out of the candidates, followed by Olusola Oke.

He talked about commercial ranches in the state to curb the roaming Fulani men. If the state practised legalised Ranches at large, there won't be any need for the Fulani roaming around and that there will also be tightened security. He also talked about improving the Electricity power to spur economic activities and so-on.
well he make some points here shaa.

1 Like

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by afroniger: 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
Jimoh Ibrahim is a conman, pointblank. That guy must not be allowed near Alagbaka because he will bankrupt the state and leave it worse off than any other governor has so far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Frankiss44(m): 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
chccho:

And u believe him? I know some of his drivers

Never said i believed him.... but that doesnt mean he shuld be quoted out of context.
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by LorDBolton(m): 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2016
Johnnyessence:
hmmmmm poor moderator. When is naija gonna better. Asking poor questions too. Instead of d moderator to ask them how will they come out of this recession he is busy asking them minimum wage issue. So pathetic. They will not ask question about how to stop corruption in our society. But they will busy asking unrelevant questions. Well nov. Twenty six is around d corner.

I thought i'm the only one who noticed it..very stale questions.

If u noticed mr ibrahim was reading from a script thus they'd prolly given all candidates a pre-debate bullet point/ Question ...

The moderator wasn't assertive, wasn't eloquent, was stuttering, equivocated a lot,

I know he's channels tv chief political correspondent but seriously they should get someone else next time to moderate over it
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
Johnnyessence:
if he wish he can come. Besides how many people av access to channelstv hmmm. Except u av dstv decorder u can not av access to dstv. He is doing what is meant to the good people of ondo state and it is really speaking good of him.
PA,n o be bread him dey go share to people of that community?If he win them no go see his break light for that place wey he Waka go campaign.He go begin collect his expenses through allocation.
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2016
e: Channels Governorship Debate.

Akeredolu Campaign Platform (ACP) regrets the inability of our candidate Oluwarotimi Akeredolu SAN to attend today’s Governorship debate organised by Channels Television.

It is unfortunate that the debate is coming at a time when our grassroots rallies are at their peaks.

As we write this, Akeredolu is tucked in the deep riverine communities of Ilaje Local government most of which have no access to electricity to watch Television.

In view of the demand of this hectic campaign schedule, we therefore regret our inability to honour Channel TV's call for debate within the remaining time.

Signed.
Kunle Adebayo.
Secretary, Communications
Akeredolu Campaign Organisation.
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
yhemmielovergal:
e: Channels Governorship Debate.

Akeredolu Campaign Platform (ACP) regrets the inability of our candidate Oluwarotimi Akeredolu SAN to attend today’s Governorship debate organised by Channels Television.

It is unfortunate that the debate is coming at a time when our grassroots rallies are at their peaks.

As we write this, Akeredolu is tucked in the deep riverine communities of Ilaje Local government most of which have no access to electricity to watch Television.

In view of the demand of this hectic campaign schedule, we therefore regret our inability to honour Channel TV's call for debate within the remaining time.

Signed.
Kunle Adebayo.
Secretary, Communications
Akeredolu Campaign Organisation.
No be say if he win he go fit fulfill his campaign promises like buhari wey him don deny all the promised wey him make during campaign.Make una dey deceive unaself.
Re: #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) by Acecube(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2016
engineerboat:

He agreed with the organizer to be their, then why backing out now.
The guy is bad at debate, which is surprising for a SAN...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIB-IRT Intercepts Illegal Arms And Ammunition Supplies To South-East / Those Supporting Muslim-Muslim Ticket Will Declare Jihad For Christian-Christian / More Pictures From Labour Party Campaign Rally In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.