Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] (1878 Views)

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit / Nigerians Are Wondering Why Jacob Zuma Now Has A Statue In Their Country - CNN / Jacob Zuma's Statue In Imo State Versus Jacob Zuma's Statue In South Africa.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by Mrop(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2016
Ooni of Ife unveils the tallest statue in Nigeria, the Moremi Statue of Liberty, located in Ile- Ife, Osun State.

Influential Yoruba monarch, the Ooni of Ife,
Oba Enitan Babatunde Ogunwusi, has
unveiled the tallest statue in Nigeria, the
third tallest in
Africa.

The Moremi statue of liberty which is a 42
feet tall statue with 30 risers, was
constructed right on the spot where Moremi
lived several centuries ago.

According to Stans Mukoro who shared the
photos on social media, the statue is 100
percent locally constructed by Nigerian
engineers that are youths with full Nigerian
Materials.

Source :: http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/11/ooni-of-ife-unveils-tallest-statue-in.html?m=0

cc lalasticlala fynestboi ishilove ijebabe missyb3

Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by RoyalBlak007: 11:05am On Nov 22, 2016
"The Elders Selfie"
#Dope
Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by RoyalBlak007: 11:06am On Nov 22, 2016
[

Looks like
the Statue of Liberty
Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by Dreal11247: 11:09am On Nov 22, 2016
What are the benefits to the common man and to the nation at large?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by Mrjo(m): 11:09am On Nov 22, 2016
Dats Beautiful
Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by Oasis007(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2016
That's gonna be a Tourist Center, hence helping to general Income for the good People of Ife and it's Environs.

A welcomed initiative!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by Nukualofa: 11:14am On Nov 22, 2016
Oasis007:
That's gonna be a Tourist Center, hence helping to general Income for the good People of Ife and it's Environs.

A welcomed initiative!
How much has the tallest drum generated for Aregbesola undecided

Continue to wallow in ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by Oasis007(m): 11:19am On Nov 22, 2016
Nukualofa:
How much has the tallest drum generated for Aregbesola undecided

Continue to wallow in ignorance

I'm matured enough to ignore - I must abuse/curse to get noticed - Nairalanders like you!

You've been noticed, and I guess you are happy now!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 22, 2016
What about the drum which Aregbesola spent huge unaccounted tax payers money grin

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by Thayay(m): 11:24am On Nov 22, 2016
Nice one

Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by FSBoperator: 11:27am On Nov 22, 2016
Some one double check this latest dubious claim by the afonjas because the Mary Slessor statue in Calabar looks bigger than this Moremi statue.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
So beautiful!
But dis oba wan use style like foreign things oh.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by hakanai(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
Also before now in plateau there was a a famous statue of a lady with a child in one hand and carrying a basin or basket . It too was large statue.Probably larger than what the Op is mentioning here.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by mightyhazel: 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
Oasis007:

A welcomed initiative!
lol! Who go comot for where he dey say he wan go look statue and at a price,for this recession.

Misplaced priority I'd say

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by FSBoperator: 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
hakanai:
Also before now in plateau there was a a famous statue of a lady with a child in one hand and carrying a basin or basket . It too was large statue.Probably larger than what the Op is mentioning here.

You don't know these flat chest beating descendants of lucifer called afonjas?

Their lies will make the devil himself shout Jesus !
Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by hakanai(m): 11:46am On Nov 23, 2016
FSBoperator:

Take it easy. Just mentioning a few I think may have being over looked. No need for the tribal bashing. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by emmasege: 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
FSBoperator:

Why not be scientific by mentioning the heights of those two statues instead of resorting to name calling? The height of a picture could to a large extent be determined by the position of the photographer.

I have every reason to believe that the Moremi statue is higher than the Jos & Calabar ones, considering the fact that you have to climb 30 steps before reaching the statue.

I appeal to our Eastern brothers not to be so blinded with hate and bigotry that we become so resentful and unappreciative of other people's cultures. IT'S FALLACIOUS TO ASSOCIATE THE ENTIRE YORUBA RACE TO APC & THEIR WOES, JUST AS I WON'T DO THE SAME TO EASTERN NIGERIA BECAUSE OF AMAECHI, OKOROCHA, ONU, NGIGE, SLYVA, OSHIOMOLE, OBASEKI, PETERSIDE etc.

I respect you guys & your culture a lot, and I expect you to respect what we also represent.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by loopmangoat(m): 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
Afonjas and the drum
Come to think of it why are afonjas so fascinated by the drum
It's like drums are their gods
Re: Ooni Of Ife Unveils The Tallest Statue In Nigeria [PICS] by gidgiddy: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
The Michael Okpara statue in Okpara square Enugu is much taller than this

(1) (Reply)

Nkpor Ipob Killings: Nnamdi Kanu Absolves Obiano Of Blame / PIX: APDA National Chairman Meet Gen. Ibrahim Babangida / 2019: Amosun, Tinubu Battle For Control Of South-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.