Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns (29162 Views)

The Look ASUU Chairman Gave Chris Ngige After Reaching Agreement / NASU Strike Is Wasting Our Lives; NYSC Has Been Put On Hold Due To It / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Luckygurl(f): 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
Did he just say ASUU, UNN complied fully to the strike action.

I've been having lectures non stop for the past one week.

Well!! These guys should calm down oo, my mates are graduates already, they shouldn't compound to my woes of having to study a five year course angry angry

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Kabirdanjuma: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
I blame ASUU for our economic melt down. Removing TSA is tantamount to corruption. Federal government should not pay attention to ASUU.

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Escapevelocity(m): 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
ASUU strike is a national yearly festival smh...
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
cry cry cry
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
Why is assu afriad of TSA

Am not understanding

Hope they are not the yam eaters university branch

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by rozayx5(m): 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
Realdeals:
Na wao exempted from TSA? Everybody just want to do as they like

its crippling schools

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Filosofa: 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
My take in all this is that FG should start paying the full salaries of lecturers and not fractionalize salaries they have been receiving since January, 2016. The accumulated allowances of 82% in UNIUYO shld also b paid. I don't understand y only universities shld b paid half salaries while oda MDAs are getting full salaries. The 2009 agreement is not even an issue now compared to d fractionalize salaries. If d APC led govt cannot meet d needs of Nigerians, d beta shld resign.
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by prodiga: 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2016
prodiga:
ASUU is toothless since buhari sat on the throne,just like nlc and rest.they are all ran by APC sympathizers
I can assure all Nigerian that as long as buhari and his well organized propaganda team is on the throne nothing like strike or even protest can occur successful,all this protest you see on TV are just cinemas.we must wake up
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by buchilino(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
Likei:
Oga bubu no go gree, he will crush ASUU like he is crushing the militants who are in turn crushing the economy. Illiterate president.

LOL, SO WE R IN D SEASON OF CRUSHING
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dongreat:
After studying abroad, I have said to me self that my children and future generations will never study in Nigeria. A 4 years course abroad is 6years here coupled with endless strike, male kids have to sort financially and females have to open yanśh to graduate. Even if money nor dey I go do anything for my kids to study abroad, after all one Kidney and one Scrotum is enough for me tongue

Seconded

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by afanide: 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
Students go and look for something reasonable and engage in o cheesy.....
I remember that 2009/2010 Strike....
You want to go in EXPORTATION BUSINESS, check my Signature.....
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by phemmie06(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hope he won't do the same he did to labor unions to you
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by EMriss(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
CHAI! cry ASUU STRIKE...fr dis buhari regime?
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by buffalowings: 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
Thank fucking God
I'm out of the system

OAU cheesy grin
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by rapistomenka: 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
We gladly welcome the strike action......
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Zain313(m): 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
The education sector of Nigeria is already in a bad state.
If ASUU really cares about the students, they shouldn`t worsen the sector by striking. Besides, Assu should weigh the students well being against its own selfishness before deciding to go on a strike next time.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by holysainbj(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
thesicilian:
ASUU should go and sit down in one corner. They are only fighting for their pockets, not that they have the improvement of our educational sector at heart. Once you "settle" their leaders now, they call off the strike. This is what has been happening over the years.
fighting for their pockets, how na?
after being Payed just 30% of their salaries for over a year, they shouldn't fight for their pocket? after allocation for education was reduced instead of increased, they shouldn't fight?
They might have d sector at heart but does d days govt even have it at heart? remember this "nobody can love yours more than you"

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by henrymom18(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
Is ASUU really fighting for d future of tomorrow or for dia selfish interest? Sai-baba no go gree wit dia request abt exemption in TSA. I don tire to stay for hse sha!!!!!! Ma begin dust my CV for hustling thingz.
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
Udmaster:
I want to f.uck
came feck
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Seun(m): 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dongreat:
After studying abroad, I have said to me self that my children and future generations will never study in Nigeria. A 4 years course abroad is 6years here coupled with endless strike, male kids have to sort financially and females have to open yanśh to graduate. Even if money nor dey I go do anything for my kids to study abroad, after all one Kidney and one Scrotum is enough for me tongue
Just send them to a private university. My brother was not yet 20 years old when he graduated first class from Covenant University.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
These so-called educationists are really daft....someone aignedsigned an agreement with u in 2013,gave u ppl free money and ran away in 2015....now uwant d new leader to swallow his liabilities...pls go and av ur senses re-examined

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Abu4shizo: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
This is total wickedness, considering the present economic downturn in the country, I see no reason why striking.

May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Deeking111(m): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dongreat:

after all life he no get duplicate

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Dongreat(m): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
Seun:

Just send them to a private university. My brother was not yet 20 years old when he graduated first class from Covenant University.

Same with my sis. In fact she was 2 weeks to her 20 years birthday when she came out 2.1 in business admin from Madonna university.
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by thesicilian: 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dongreat:
Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Dongreat(m): 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
Deeking111:

after all life he no get duplicate

Sure man. My life for a better life for my kids and generations is not too much of a sacrifice.
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by thesicilian: 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
holysainbj:

fighting for their pockets, how na?
after being Payed just 30% of their salaries for over a year, they shouldn't fight for their pocket? after allocation for education was reduced instead of increased, they shouldn't fight?
They might have d sector at heart but does d days govt even have it at heart? remember this "nobody can love yours more than you"
They go on strike asking for , among other things, full salaries and allowances payment, improvement in educational sector, facilities upgrade, etc. Good move. But as soon as the govt promises to pay even 1% of their allowances, without any regards to the other demands, they call off the strike. That is why I said they are only after their pockets. A union with integrity would stand their grounds until something significant is achieved, both for themselves and for others. Gone are the days that students used to be in support of ASUU and NASU strikes. Now even the students can see through their deception

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by odoemenacelevian(m): 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
let 'ASUU go and sit... There just after their pockets and nothing.... No mind the post, abeg... U..n.n still having lectures

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
Its unfortunate, things like these make Nigerian parents to ship their kids to Ghana and overseas, we re loosing a lot interms of revenue and man power.

Even the Profs threatening strike already have their wards overseas, so who is fooling who.

This is the right time to establish more private universities, our govt tertiary schools will fade out like the govt sec schools and primary schools.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB UTME 2018: Live Thread And Reports / Okeke Solomon Ekene Emerges Best Graduating Student In Russian University / NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.