Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns (29161 Views)

The Look ASUU Chairman Gave Chris Ngige After Reaching Agreement / NASU Strike Is Wasting Our Lives; NYSC Has Been Put On Hold Due To It / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by holysainbj(m): 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2016
thesicilian:

They go on strike asking for , among other things, full salaries and allowances payment, improvement in educational sector, facilities upgrade, etc. Good move. But as soon as the govt promises to pay even 1% of their allowances, without any regards to the other demands, they call off the strike. That is why I said they are only after their pockets. A union with integrity would stand their grounds until something significant is achieved, both for themselves and for others. Gone are the days that students used to be in support of ASUU and NASU strikes. Now even the students can see through their deception

what is even functional in this country?
my brother leave jare..... we go survive

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by foreverkind1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
As in ? Some people are saying .its a week warning strike ,some are saying .its indefinite for a month .which one person go believe? undecided
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Lisaint(m): 3:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
I need better explanation pls

Iz ASUU of state universities suppose to join this strike also?
The federal government is the one funding fed uni
And it not as if state universities are using TSA

Cn some1 pls just explain deir reason to me

My school( AAUA ondo state) just resume after 3month internal ASUU strike
Yet they still join this one week again
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by cyberguy72(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
austinereds:
ASUU and strike. inseparable. students get ready for a Long vacation. this is just not the right time for Demands from ASUU!
wen is the right? when oshiobaba is taking N300m as Penson

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by davbravo(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
mtchewwwww.... Oshi
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by davibid: 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nigeria is country where even the most patriotic and activists first think of themselves before their immediate family before the Nigeria society at large

angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Maj196(m): 3:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
Unilorin doesn't give a fvck abt ASUU

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Deeking111(m): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dongreat:

Sure man. My life for a better life for my kids and generations is not too much of a sacrifice.

boss..is it everybody that study abroad that av better life....

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by kinguwem: 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
The academics have run out of ideas. They are mainly interested in money & politics. Their dream desire is to be professors. Of what use is a professor who has not added value to the society? Mediocrity is at its peak in the educational section from top to buttock starting from the ministry to the classrooms. The survival of the system is in research, patents & good governance. What is the function of TETFUND? A lot of lecturers are given money ranging from N5-12M to study irrelevant postgrauate courses abroad. Don't we offer such courses in Nigeria? ASUU should be sincere. The academics should be patriotic. Our dons have failed, expartriates should be brought to manage the system.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by thesicilian: 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
holysainbj:

what is even functional in this country?
my brother leave jare..... we go survive
I don't want to just survive. I want to live life to the fullest, and have enough left over for my offsprings.
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by fran6co(m): 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
accountbalance:

Are the militants really crushing the economy
ar they not crushing the economy ?
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Dongreat(m): 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Deeking111:

boss..is it everybody that study abroad that av better life....

No everyone man but a higher percentage compared to the Nigeria education. When I say abroad I mean countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany and other developed countries.
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Deeking111(m): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dongreat:

No everyone man but a higher percentage compared to the Nigeria education. When I say abroad I mean countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany and other developed countries.
okay bro..i pray God will help us

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by holysainbj(m): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
thesicilian:

I don't want to just survive. I want to live life to the fullest, and have enough left over for my offsprings.
May God grant ur innermost desires sire..like me I dont want to live life to d fullest ...smiley

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by HARDDON: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
Elmuaz:
Universities should be exempted from the TSA for looting to continue. ASUU i salute una

Of what benefit is d to d tsa to d general public?
Just look all d money up n have ur cronies steal it tru d back door huh?
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Spidermon: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
I experienced ASUU thrice before i graduated from the University. (2007, 2009, 2011)

It is part of our educational system.

If the way Buhari's govt is going is any indication, this particular strike will be quite long

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by austinereds(m): 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
cyberguy72:
wen is the right? when oshiobaba is taking N300m as Penson

Let the presidency deal with the issues on ground first. the wahala is too much for Mr president. I know he won't mind if ASUU goes on strike for 1 year.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by AkupeMBANO(m): 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
the dullard thinks ASUU is NLC Abi? they will open his opolo eyes. Buhari is a talented burukutu sipping clown with no shame and dry jokes.
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by JAYdee07(f): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
Haa! but all my lectures held and has been holding in UNN... we are even preparing for C.A. so I'm confused oh, is this news legit?

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Miles300: 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
DSs ....loading to do some raiding !! And they will be tagged corrupt !!
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by gregyboy(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
Chaiii i love my skul auchi poly though a federal poly it doesnt behave like one i.e dey dnt go on assu strike they see it as an incompetient issue dey go on strike wen it concerns thier own pocket:> not other pple pocket and we cnt der it to go on strike after oue previous strike that made pple spend 2yrs and 2months wen it suppose to be a year and a 8months for natinal diploma i wonder federal skuls who were on strike b4 cope wit dis strike der calender nor go only spoil but rotten
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Jexyme(f): 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
thesicilian:
ASUU should go and sit down in one corner. They are only fighting for their pockets, not that they have the improvement of our educational sector at heart. Once you "settle" their leaders now, they call off the strike. This is what has been happening over the years.

Ignorance is a disease
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Pylony(m): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2016
ASUU strick is like that old basket unwisely use to fetch the whole of river Niger..

They are only good at one thing, frustrating poor Nigerian students and at the end their aims are never met.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by IYANGBALI: 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Yipeeeeeeee. This is a very good news me and my goons like ajepako VickyRotex eleko1 funmilade11 funjosh Aminat508 edwife mukina2 seun lalasticlala chukwudi44 osusumustflow Juliaann fabfunmi msglobalwonder notoriousbabe babangbali and jexyme can now stay at home and enjoy ourselves till buhari leaves office
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Lescott7(m): 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
gregyboy:
Chaiii i love my skul auchi poly though a federal poly it doesnt behave like one i.e dey dnt go on assu strike they see it as an incompetient issue dey go on strike wen it concerns thier own pocket:> not other pple pocket and we cnt der it to go on strike after oue previous strike that made pple spend 2yrs and 2months wen it suppose to be a year and a 8months for natinal diploma i wonder federal skuls who were on strike b4 cope wit dis strike der calender nor go only spoil but rotten
ASUU strike in poly? bro try to find the difference between ASUU and ASUP and University and Polytechnic.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Presidokenny(m): 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
thesicilian:
ASUU should go and sit down in one corner. They are only fighting for their pockets, not that they have the improvement of our educational sector at heart. Once you "settle" their leaders now, they call off the strike. This is what has been happening over the years.

I totally agree with you! Buhari can as well suspend them undecided[

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
accountbalance:

Source: https://punchng.com/indefinite-strike-imminent-ASUU-chairman-warns/amp/

who is deceiving who?

I had lectures all day even fixed classes.

UNN didn't ask observe any strike ojere
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by TITOBIGZ(m): 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
IYANGBALI:
Yipeeeeeeee. This is a very good news me and my goons like ajepako VickyRotex eleko1 funmilade11 funjosh Aminat508 edwife mukina2 seun lalasticlala chukwudi44 osusumustflow Juliaann fabfunmi msglobalwonder notoriousbabe babangbali and jexyme can now stay at home and enjoy ourselves till buhari leaves office

That's the spirit bro. gringrin
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
Luckygurl:
Did he just say ASUU, UNN complied fully to the strike action.

I've been having lectures non stop for the past one week.

Well!! These guys should calm down oo, my mates are graduates already, they shouldn't compound to my woes of having to study a five year course angry angry
U can lie o undecided
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by chiraqDemon(m): 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
All this strike una de do buhari just de look una for face
When e tire e go send army to pursue all the lecturers go lecture hall
Una father left testicle
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Wuminity(f): 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
ayusco85:
Thank God am done with school. ASUU and unijos strikes made me spend 5yrs in the University, on a 4yrs course.

Jah be praised.
bro please do you have an idea of when uni jos admission list will be out?
i mean for 2016/2017 session.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB UTME 2018: Live Thread And Reports / Okeke Solomon Ekene Emerges Best Graduating Student In Russian University / NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.