Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets (19748 Views)

Anambra Traders Ban Prayers In Markets / Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Ambassadors: 7:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
One of the reasons why food stuff prices does not come down especially rice is because we are exporting what we produce. The demand outside Nigeria is making it impossible for us to meet up to the allocation for food sufficiency in Nigeria. This is why food stuff price may never come down again except our government check mates this trend and tighten some policies
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by fujirice: 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
canalily:
Ebonyi rice is sweet buh full of sand..angry
Na only you waka come o!
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by agabaI23(m): 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
achi4u:
You don't need to ban foreign rice rather make local rice cheap. The gap between the price of foreign and local rice is just 2 to 3k per bag so it is left for you to choose between the two.
Abakaliki rice is very sweet and can last forever with little or no stone.
Ndekwanu maka owhu ewofuru ewhuru?
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by AreaFada2: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
henrydadon:
grin

good move from the goverment.. meanwhile this guy just commit mass rape grin grin

[img]http://i./ZCz5aIeppk42A.gif[/img]

nice goal
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
henrydadon:
grin

good move from the goverment.. meanwhile this guy just commit mass rape grin grin

[img]http://i./ZCz5aIeppk42A.gif[/img]

please who's the player, name + club
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Lukay99: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

No, I won't.
This governor banned foreign rice cos local production is enough.
Buhari just bans stuff when there are no substitutes in sight. This leads to hoarding, process inflation, outright scarcity and extreme hardship.
Umahi 'so method is not trial and error.

Can you please give us examples of this stuffs Buhari is banning without a locally manufactured alternative
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by fablani(m): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
a very good one, more grease to your elbow Engr Dave Umahi (ekubaraoha). The working governor

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by NtumStephen: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
Gov Dave Umahi has become a trail blazer in such a daring act which the federal govt and state governors have not been able to enforce. He has shown that he doesn't treat issues with levity.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
This is madness..what happened to those that use their hard earned money to stock foreign rice. Nothing beats the forces of demand and supply. Am sure one "greedy" man wants to push his rice to the market and enjoy monopoly. God save this nation from lack of common sense
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Lukay99: 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
basilo102:

ebonyi have invested in rice production and milling over a long time to arrive at this. Bubu has not invested in anything

Common now, with all due respect you're being bias with your statement when you comment on ebonyi you said " ebonyi have invested over a long time " you're actually not judging based on only the current sitting governor but you're judging based over a longer period of time that go past the current administration in ebonyi. When it comes to the federal government you're only judging Nigeria based on buhari administration which is just over a year old you said "bubu has not invested in anything " whatever happened to continuity of the government from the previous government investments? or are you saying Jonathan did not invest in anything ?
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by zynzyn(m): 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
THIS is the kind of positive governance we need!
kudoes!
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lukay99:

Can you please give us examples of this stuffs Buhari is banning without a locally manufactured alternative

None of his banned stuff can go round a state, not to talk of Nigeria
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by OMAR12: 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
supported, abia state and anambra state should do the same, they should go to those retail shops to sieze this goods, when they do this twice, those retailer won't patronize those that deal on imported rice and both parties would look inward and patronize state grown rice. kudos to the governor.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by eplanning: 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nice one, action governor
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by eplanning: 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
dondo83:
if it was fg who made such policy, nairaland will be on fire by now.. hypocrites

Please so not compare Dave Umahi with Buhari. The latter and his evil APC have a penchant for acting without thinking, thereby inflicting pain and suffering on Nigerians.

Ebonyians have been working on this since this government came in. Now the time is right, there's enough local production to meet the demand.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by eplanning: 9:07pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ambassadors:
One of the reasons why food stuff prices does not come down especially rice is because we are exporting what we produce. The demand outside Nigeria is making it impossible for us to meet up to the allocation for food sufficiency in Nigeria. This is why food stuff price may never come down again except our government check mates this trend and tighten some policies

Nonsense, they shouldn't tighten anything. Haven't they tightened enough in this country already?

So with the current scarcity of foreign exchange in the country, they should restrict export?

Boost local production first, such that there'll be enough to eat locally and to export. Don't copy Umahi blindly abeg.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Jlow2: 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

Hater ...am from Enugu but am 100% sure u have not been to Ebonyi...As for rice leave it for Ebonyi and Aninri in Enugu..they're the best
mr knw it all, i knw ikwo and osu edda as places they cultivate rices in commercial quantity, name the places u knw in ebonyi dat its cultivated apart from the places i mentioned
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by comrChris(m): 10:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good one from Dave Umahi, he has putted so many policies on ground that will take ebonyi to the next level if their are well implemented
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
Vanpascore:
What will they say about it now? When FG stopped importation, all blame were for Buhari, their gov has learnt from baba.
PMB idea is good but the timing was sudden but in any case we have to start from somewhere
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by zcee: 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
Una wan spoil market fo ebonyi people....
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Ekpa1(m): 11:07pm On Nov 22, 2016
That's what happen when you have successive governor that doesn't give priority to agriculture or what is produce within their state.Ebonyi state are now taken glory on what we are substantive producer,when you come in EKUREKU in Abi Local government of Cross River state you will understand better.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Boleyndynasty2(f): 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
henrydadon:

grin grin

this looks like a clear case of poverty to me grin

[img]http://i./1PgPvWLfXGkCY.gif[/img]

You ended up showing how dull you're. Even wretched people have the hands to type and claim big man on nairaland.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by dondo83(m): 11:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
eplanning:

Please so not compare Dave Umahi with Buhari. The latter and his evil APC have a penchant for acting without thinking, thereby inflicting pain and suffering on Nigerians.

Ebonyians have been working on this since this government came in. Now the time is right, there's enough local production to meet the demand.

you just buttress my point. The 20billion rice scheme was commissioned when? The bountiful harvest of rice in nort central was as a result of what? Nobody is perfect and I support constructive criticism but when all you see are negative then the joke is on you
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by franugo(m): 3:05am On Nov 23, 2016
theunmistakeabl:
I am so happy reading this, I just pray that it will really be enforced without compromise. The federal government should ban the sell nationwide, not banning the importation because that is just enriching the customs. This is the ONLY way local rice can thrive in this country. Anybody seen with foreign rice, the rice should be confiscated and destroyed publicly.

u say they shouldn't ban d importation, so on what grounds would fg or state govt have 4 confiscating d rice like u suggested.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 23, 2016
Jlow2:
mr knw it all, i knw ikwo and osu edda as places they cultivate rices in commercial quantity, name the places u knw in ebonyi dat its cultivated apart from the places i mentioned
izzi, ishiagu,akaeze,Ebonyi LGA Nkalagu Axis of Ishielu where u have nigercem(you will even see the rice farm on the road), in Abakaliki Urban empty lands are used to cultivate rice and make everywhere look green..

like I said u don't know the south east enough and you just displayed your ignorance here BC moving from Enugu to Abakaliki alone u will see several rice fields or moving from Okigwe to Afikpo you will see several rice fields

like I said stop been jealous...bw which region/state are u from?
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Swith(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2016
angeltolly:
What type of rice do they eat in Ebonyi state government house. Yeye dey smell embarassed
Ebonyi rice is better than foreign rice. If you taste Ebonyi gold rice which has a high quality then you will understand that you has been feeding on poisoned abi chaff rice all in the name of foreign rice. Abeg yeye no get odour.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Bartels01: 7:31am On Nov 23, 2016
achi4u:
You don't need to ban foreign rice rather make local rice cheap. The gap between the price of foreign and local rice is just 2 to 3k per bag so it is left for you to choose between the two.
Abakaliki rice is very sweet and can last forever with little or no stone.
You just read my mind bro. There should be fair competition in the market. It's never proper to impose, things on people. Everybody knows what is good for him or her. Price, quality, packaging, availability at the right time, etc should always be allowed to exist in the market.
Unfortunately our leaders are gradually turning to detectors.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Stanley010: 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
investnow2013:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/11/21/ebonyi-bans-sale-foreign-rice-markets/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook
just like the saying goes when in Rome do like the roman do...when in Ebonyi eat the ebonyi rice
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by eplanning: 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
dondo83:

you just buttress my point. The 20billion rice scheme was commissioned when? The bountiful harvest of rice in nort central was as a result of what? Nobody is perfect and I support constructive criticism but when all you see are negative then the joke is on you

Are you saying Nigerians aren't really suffering because of this governments bad policies but they just want to criticize blindly?
If there was surplus of local production, why did the price of rice go up?

I expected you to be telling me how previous policies of this govt have improved standard of living.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by dondo83(m): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2016
eplanning:

Are you saying Nigerians aren't really suffering because of this governments bad policies but they just want to criticize blindly?
If there was surplus of local production, why did the price of rice go up?

I expected you to be telling me how previous policies of this govt have improved standard of living.

The problem was inherited, buhari isn't proactive enough but smart and intelligent people knew this will happen. Even the wailers albert Einstein (noi) predicted the misfortune in 2014. I bought a bag of rice last week 23k and bought the same bag today in abuja 16k .Things will get better all we need is a little patience and aslo contribute our quota
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by eplanning: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
dondo83:

The problem was inherited, buhari isn't proactive enough but smart and intelligent people knew this will happen. Even the wailers albert Einstein (noi) predicted the misfortune in 2014. I bought a bag of rice last week 23k and bought the same bag today in abuja 16k .Things will get better all we need is a little patience and aslo contribute our quota

Inherited ko, smart ni.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Vanpascore(m): 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
asuustrike2009:

PMB idea is good but the timing was sudden but in any case we have to start from somewhere

Sure, i blf Nigerians will smile in d end.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Make Money Online With Email Processing, What Do You Think? / US Supports 18,000 Nigerian Businesses With $244m / What Business Can I Start In Nigeria With N3000000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.