Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets (19747 Views)

Anambra Traders Ban Prayers In Markets / Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Originalsly: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hope imported rice is soon banned in all states. How nutritious... how old is the imported rice? ... at times price is all we look at.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by sweetilicious(f): 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good move for development. People like my strong grandmother will begin to reap the benefits of a good farmer. Hip Hip Hip!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Godprotectigbos(f): 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lukay99:

Will you say the same thing if it was Buhari that ban a imported product just to promote locally produced product ?

guy i dont have problem with buhari cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by dondo83(m): 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
if it was fg who made such policy, nairaland will be on fire by now.. hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by theunmistakeabl: 5:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
I am so happy reading this, I just pray that it will really be enforced without compromise. The federal government should ban the sell nationwide, not banning the importation because that is just enriching the customs. This is the ONLY way local rice can thrive in this country. Anybody seen with foreign rice, the rice should be confiscated and destroyed publicly.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
canalily:
Ebonyi rice is sweet buh full of sand..angry
when last did u eat it

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lukay99:

Will you say the same thing if it was Buhari that ban a imported product just to promote locally produced product ?

No, I won't.
This governor banned foreign rice cos local production is enough.
Buhari just bans stuff when there are no substitutes in sight. This leads to hoarding, process inflation, outright scarcity and extreme hardship.
Umahi 'so method is not trial and error.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by chuksville(m): 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
Did They Actually Ban Foreign Rice Or Foreign Plastic Rice?
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
there is free entry and exit....must he ban foreign rice......
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by KangaIye: 5:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
investnow2013:
Why Foreign Rice in Ebonyi State in The First place?

why foreign rice in Nigeria is the second place

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by buffalowings: 5:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
angeltolly:
What type of rice do they eat in Ebonyi state government house. Yeye dey smell embarassed

Since 2006

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by basilo102: 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lukay99:

ebonyi have invested in rice production and milling over a long time to arrive at this. Bubu has not invested in anything
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by LorDBolton(m): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
henrydadon:
grin

good move from the goverment.. meanwhile this guy just commit mass rape grin grin

[img]http://i./ZCz5aIeppk42A.gif[/img]

That's grafiti.

If u follow bundesliga u go remember am
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by nNEOo(m): 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
This governor just

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by 2undeee(m): 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
i love that grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

igbo nation on a run cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

we are progressing

chai bcoz of rice wey never reach abakaliki population chop u dey call Igbo nation on a run I pity ur generation
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by richidinho(m): 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
achi4u:
You don't need to ban foreign rice rather make local rice cheap. The gap between the price of foreign and local rice is just 2 to 3k per bag so it is left for you to choose between the two.
Abakaliki rice is very sweet and can last forever with little or no stone.

Dnt mind our leaders
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
canalily:
Ebonyi rice is sweet buh full of sand..angry
that was then...a sign that you ate it 5 years ago
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Lukay99: 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

guy i dont have problem with buhari cool cool cool cool cool

Guy I don't really have problem with your statement either, even though I'm from the SW I fully supports any laws that will encourage locally grown/manufactured products in ebonyi or any other state in Nigeria at least many ebonyi farmers and citizens will benefit from it

My problem is with those that only support laws not based on if it's good or bad, but rather there support is based on the tribe of who's making the law
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by canalily(m): 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

that was then...a sign that you ate it 5 years ago
u and ebonyi who seniorundecided
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by yohannazack(m): 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
Rubbish! Must you ban foreign rice before people will buy locally produced rice. All you need to do is litre, I.e make it cheap and neat, and see whether people will buy or not. By the way, how sure are we that the governor doesn't eat foreign rice?
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by zikter(m): 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
am sure most people praising this decision condemned the fg ban on land importation of rice. well, I still stand with any policy that will discourage importation, especially of food products. good decision by the govt.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Eddiecute86(m): 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
Caliph69:
Misplaced priority.

Doesn't seems like one to me.. At this point, doing every possible to encourage patriotism of indigenous products should be the top priority of any sensible government.

It doesn't even make sense in the first place for state that is known for rice production importing rice just as we can see the abnormality in the importation of petroleum products in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Lukay99: 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
yohannazack:
Rubbish! Must you ban foreign rice before people will buy locally produced rice. All you need to do is litre, I.e make it cheap and neat, and see whether people will buy or not. By the way, how sure are we that the governor doesn't eat foreign rice?

My guy if I'm the governor I'll completely ban each and every thing my state can produce locally we need to start from somewhere to fix our unemployment problem or you'll rather be importing competitions from advance countries that will in turns kill our locally grown/manufactured products?
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Caliph69: 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
Eddiecute86:

Doesn't seems like one to me.. At this point, doing every possible to encourage patriotism of indigenous products should be the top priority of any sensible government.

It doesn't even make sense in the first place for state that is known for rice production importing rice just as we can see the abnormality in the importation of petroleum products in Nigeria.

Understandable. I am also a supporter of local content. But outright ban most times doesn't pay off. Gradual withdrawal of goods from the market to me is good which is the follow up of massive flooding of the market with our products. I hope in the long run, the local production can sustain the consumers.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Jlow2: 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
people re here shouting ebonyi rice, d fact is some of the rice u eat in ebonyi are brought in from kebbi and benue, i was surprised when the driver of tru ck i used to carry sum goods to lagos from ebonyi , told me he came from kebbi with local rice, i tried arguing with him that ebonyi farm enough rice as such cant buy from kebbi, the guy told me he has been bringin rice to ogoja road rice mill for years with facts, i had to inquire from sumbody dat i knw der and he comfirmed it and also mentioned benue.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by JaaizTech: 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
I Pray the idea works. But Govt needs to do more than that. What about help with bagging them in fanciful coloured bags with fanciful names. What needs to be done is branding; make it look special and then it would become special.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Jlow2:
people re here shouting ebonyi rice, d fact is some of the rice u eat in ebonyi are brought in from kebbi and benue, i was surprised when the driver of tru ck i used to carry sum goods to lagos from ebonyi , told me he came from kebbi with local rice, i tried arguing with him that ebonyi farm enough rice as such cant buy from kebbi, the guy told me he has been bringin rice to ogoja road rice mill for years with facts, i had to inquire from sumbody dat i knw der and he comfirmed it and also mentioned benue.

Oga go and sleep. I live in Uyo and eat Abakaliki rice all the way from Ebonyi. Ebonyi rice is that popular across Nigeria.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Eddiecute86(m): 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
Caliph69:

Understandable. I am also a supporter of local content. But outright ban most times doesn't pay off. Gradual withdrawal of goods from the market to me is good which is the follow up of massive flooding of the market with our products. I hope in the long run, the local production can sustain the consumers.

Quite true and your point is also glaring .

Well i don't think they will be that stupid to outrightly ban it just like you have proposed and besides some of them still have them in stock am sure they will put that into consideration.

The point is that the intent is not bad at all
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
canalily:
u and ebonyi who seniorundecided
ask me more questions
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
Funnicator:

Oga go and sleep. I live in Uyo and eat Abakaliki rice all the way from Ebonyi. Ebonyi rice is that popular across Nigeria.
the dude u qouted doesn't know what is on the ground...he has not stepped his foot into Ebonyi...Anybody who enters Ebonyi will not say what the the dude said ignorantly
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
Jlow2:
Hater ...am from Enugu but am 100% sure u have not been to Ebonyi...As for rice leave it for Ebonyi and Aninri in Enugu..they're the best

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

the dude u qouted doesn't know what is on the ground...he has not stepped his foot into Ebonyi...Anybody who enters Ebonyi will not say what the the dude said ignorantly

they are just ignorant and don't hesitate to display their ignorance in public.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Supports 18,000 Nigerian Businesses With $244m / Make Money Online With Email Processing, What Do You Think? / What Business Can I Start In Nigeria With N3000000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.