Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,585 members, 7,861,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:27 PM

FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril (1044 Views)

FG To Niger Delta Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Own Peril / Militants Blow Up 2 More Oil Facilities In Delta / Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by ijustdey: 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
The Federal Government has warned the people of Niger Delta region that the destruction of oil facilities will ultimately destroy their livelihoods, aspirations and future.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo gave the warning at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja on Tuesday while meeting with a group known as the Urhobo Leaders of Thought led by its president, Chief Tuesday Onoge.

According to the vice president, vandalising pipelines and oil installations in the Niger Delta is akin to destroying facilities meant to help the people of the region.

“So much damage is being done. Governments will come and go, but these damages will ultimately destroy people’s livelihoods, aspirations and their future.

Nobody else anywhere in the world will destroy the facilities meant to help them. There is no benefit whatsoever from the destruction," he said.

The vice president, who called for understanding of the Niger Delta leaders, cautioned that "destruction and damage does not lead to anything good.”

He said the Federal Government would continue its outreach to leaders and groups in the Niger Delta in seeking peaceful resolution of the crisis.

He noted that President Muhammadu Buhari had demonstrated an exemplary leadership by opening channels of communication and negotiation with the Niger Delta leaders and representatives.

“He (President Buhari) is quiet, but fiercely determined once he makes up his mind and gives his word,” the vice president stated.

A statement by Osinbajo's spokesman, Laolu Akande, quoted Onoge as lamenting that if the funds sent to the Niger Delta in the last 16 years were judiciously spent, the people of the region would have benefited; asking “What happened to these monies?"

Onoge was also quoted as saying that his group condemned the destruction of oil and gas installations in the Niger Delta and promised to assist in ensuring peace in the region.

The leader of the delegation also declared his group's support to the ongoing anti-corruption war of President Buhari's administration.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-to-n-delta-oil-facilities-destruction-at-your-peril/172836.html

lalasticlala
Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by Basildvalour(m): 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
And for those who it has damaged their lands and destroyed their aquatic life yet they are being neglected, what happens

3 Likes

Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by dunkem21(m): 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
It is FG's duty to stop them. Stop this sermon and act swiftly to save our common wealth sad

3 Likes

Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
What effort has the FG made to alleviate the sufferings of the people of ND and the crisis there than sending battalions of soldiers & hundreds of armoured tanks..

Don't tell me about Ogoni clean up because nothing is going on there..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by muykem: 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
Salient truth. Only intelligent people devoid of emotion will understand. What's require to clean oil spilage should be considered when Nigeria is eventually divide as some people want.

1 Like

Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by HtwoOw: 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
TRANSLATION

I don't give a flying fuccck anymore, continue bombing your villages to oblivion, I will not pay for any cleanup grin

Buhari
Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by Nairadean(m): 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nigeria, a complex country
Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by freeze001(f): 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
At this time they really hav nothing to lose. The environment has already been messed up and their livelihoods destroyed from government approved exploratory activities with no regard, compensation or reparation. Apparently successive governments care more about the proceeds from those infrastructure than the actual human beings who bear the brunt of oil extraction. There are still monumental spillages left unattended to so what's the point?

2 Likes

Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by limeta(f): 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
dunkem21:
It is FG's duty to stop them. Stop this sermon and act swiftly to save our common wealth sad

Nothing like common wealth,
You have or you dont.

1 Like

Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by Allsouls: 10:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good Morning Osibanjo,
Is it environment that has been polluted already right from time by FG and multinationals operating in the area or another area?

What cause adaka boro agitation, saro wiwa & co till now?

Till date that same issue still dey.

They can deceive some people some time but can't deceive all the people all the time.

1 Like

Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by ElectronicsGuy(m): 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
fake!!

Meanwhile, for ur generator power Booster, call me.

check my signature for number.
Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by Aufbauh(m): 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
I have told those who care to listen that no matter the level of destruction of oil facilities our political appointees will not feel the brunt like the common man.

If the oil fails to flow any day Buhari & Co will comfortably lived on non oil revenue without blinking. So my rationale is that,what do you gain when the one you felt that you were spiting by your actions is not adversely affected personally?
Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
I guess the Niger Delta militants know where the Oil rigs are? They should quickly plant bomb on oil rigs and Oil wells so that we can reach zero oil production in the region and destroy everything left on the land. It is their land, let them destroy it.

Only a foolish put a fire on house because he has issue with family head. I dont get. They should blow everything abeg. Their governors are crying more than any other governors in Nigeria.
Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by DeviIhimself: 10:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
i taught crocodile was smiling before what happened to teeth of the smiling crocodile?
shameless presidiot
useless old hag
buhari is a terrorist

cc
ngeneukwenu
Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by basilo102: 1:43am On Nov 23, 2016
Aufbauh:
I have told those who care to listen that no matter the level of destruction of oil facilities our political appointees will not feel the brunt like the common man.

If the oil fails to flow any day Buhari & Co will comfortably lived on non oil revenue without blinking. So my rationale is that,what do you gain when the one you felt that you were spiting by your actions is not adversely affected personally?
Hunger pangs have intensified in Osunistan, they received 300 million last month. Parasites are being dealt with
Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by Standing5(m): 3:24am On Nov 23, 2016
Let us restructure, this parasitic system isn't helping productivity.
Re: FG To N/delta: Oil Facilities Destruction At Your Peril by Aufbauh(m): 4:55am On Nov 23, 2016
basilo102:

Hunger pangs have intensified in Osunistan, they received 300 million last month. Parasites are being dealt with

What is this one saying? Are you speaking in tongues or you lack comprehensive & expressive capacity?
Please am not a necromancer.

(1) (Reply)

Trouble In APC: Akeredolu Slights Tinubu / Gaurdian: Court Order The Arrest Of Amechi And Onu / Analysis Of Governor Ajimobi’s Engagement With LAUTECH Students' Mob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.