Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ (22044 Views)

APC LG Primary: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Attacked, His Clothes Removed / Buhari Is Hale And Hearty, Wasn't Flown In An Air Ambulance - Lauretta Onochie / Bola Tinubu Is No God – Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by AnnaKareninaFan: 1:45am On Nov 23, 2016
Following claims by Plateau State Governor Solomon Lalong that the absence of the national leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu at last Saturday’s Ondo State APC governorship rally was as a result of his ill-health, APC chieftain Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi said yesterday that Tinubu is hale and hearty. Lalong, who is the the Chairman of the Ondo State APC Governorship Campaign, was quoted to have told State House Correspondents that, “if a leader was not there and he said he was not there because of ill-health, we have prayed that God will heal him.” In a statement, Afikuyomi, a one-time Lagos State commissioner, described the claim credited to Gov. Lalong as false.

Afikuyomi in the statement said: “I travelled to the United States of America with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to witness the recent U.S. elections. We traversed a number of cities together where we engaged with a number of Nigerians who are genuinely concerned about the state of affairs in our dear country. Jagaban was in a remarkable state of mental and physical wellness. When we ended our trip, I saw him off to the airport in Chicago from where he headed for Europe again. I still met with him in Europe thereafter. It is therefore absolutely incorrect and most embarrassing for anyone to attempt to invent such a laughable reason for Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s absence at the rally.

“The fact that somebody went for medical check-up does not mean he is ill. In the likely event that Asiwaju, like all mortals, was ill at all, I doubt if Mr. Lalong would be the first to know by reason of relationship, proximity and trust. Prominent politicians like Ogun State Governor Ibikunle Amosun have been speaking with Jagaban Tinubu. Governor Amosun particularly communicated with him a day before the Ondo rally and he can never claim not to have spoken with him. I have also remained in constant touch with Asiwaju Tinubu since my arrival in Nigeria. We speak daily as a matter of fact. I have been inundated with calls by friends, associates and other well-meaning Nigerians trying to ascertain the veracity of this ludicrous claim. I hereby ask all friends and lovers of Asiwaju Tinubu to dismiss the claim and know that he is hale and hearty.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/bola-tinubus-ally-fires-back-gov-lalong-tinubu-hale-hearty/

7 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by Intrepid01(m): 1:53am On Nov 23, 2016
Hmmmmm....we are watching
Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:21am On Nov 23, 2016
Lalung you see your life? I stand with Jagaban

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by zero8zero(m): 2:25am On Nov 23, 2016
Tinubu be saving the Media from recession. They wish Saturday never comes.
Truth is mine*

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by fuckerholic(m): 2:26am On Nov 23, 2016
Woreva ! Na their wahala though I like what is recently happening in nigerian political parties especially to afonja tinubu who thought they would be on top for romancing with the north.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by zero8zero(m): 2:33am On Nov 23, 2016
fuckerholic:
Woreva ! Na their wahala though I like what is recently happening in nigerian political parties especially to afonja tinubu who thought they would be on top for romancing with the north.
And who is this Nyamiri wishing evil for someone who doesn't give a bleep about him knowingful well that the evil is coming to pay him some visitation.
Truth is mine*

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by crazymommy(f): 2:53am On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
leg no dey pain you ni...you are always standing...

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by sarrki(m): 3:15am On Nov 23, 2016
# stand with asiwaju

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:22am On Nov 23, 2016
crazymommy:
leg no dey pain you ni...you are always standing...
you no de sleep?

23 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by fuckerholic(m): 4:02am On Nov 23, 2016
zero8zero:
And who is this Nyamiri wishing evil for someone who doesn't give a bleep about him knowingful well that the evil is coming to pay him some visitation.
Truth is mine*

Haha afonja I sight you.I believe you know nothing about the divine laws.know ye that evil never visit whoever doesn't invite him or sow its seed. Olodo !

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by Flexherbal(m): 4:20am On Nov 23, 2016
When you talk of any political leader, the first question i ask is : What has he done to better the life of his people?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by Onyejiuwaokoh: 4:27am On Nov 23, 2016
North sabi politics pass them all.

7 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by signature2012(m): 5:01am On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
You better stand on your own.....
In what way has jagaban improve your life or this country?

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by zero8zero(m): 5:03am On Nov 23, 2016
fuckerholic:

Haha afonja I sight you.I believe you know nothing about the divine laws.know ye that evil never visit whoever doesn't invite him or sow its seed. Olodo !
As you think towards others, so shall it be unto you. Nyamiri get that into your thick skull.
Truth is mine*

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by HCF(m): 5:32am On Nov 23, 2016
That's one of my problems with APC-they never face the reality. They like hiding behind one finger. Why would Lalung attribute Tinubu's absence to poor health?. Were Aregbe, Ambode and Ajimobi also sick on that day too?.
The best bet was for him to admit that the wranglings within the party could have been responsible or at least keep shut.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by BrutalJab: 5:40am On Nov 23, 2016
Zombies will always be Zombies.

They will always stand with their paymaster. Awon oponu arindin.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by olasmith10(m): 5:42am On Nov 23, 2016
Even if he is sick, does he owe anyone a mandate to appear in an event?..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by Paperwhite(m): 6:25am On Nov 23, 2016
HCF:
That's one of my problems with APC-they never face the reality. They like hiding behind one finger. Why would Lalung attribute Tinubu's absence to poor health?. Were Aregbe, Ambode and Ajimobi also sick on that day too?.
The best bet was for him to admit that the wranglings within the party could have been responsible or at least keep shut.
That man is just a complete disgrace.To think that it took Buhari 6months to search & appoint people of this caliber is so annoying.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by yjgm(m): 6:41am On Nov 23, 2016
Ok. Let him remain healthy and keep the silence. Let's see what pans out on Saturday

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 23, 2016
This push and shove within the APC can only lead to one thing: implosion! Tinubu must be gnashing his teeth at the moment. His plans have gone badly adrift!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by herzernIsHere: 7:12am On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

L-O-L...

You are too funny!.... grin

4 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by olaolulazio(m): 7:12am On Nov 23, 2016
seun, warn d mod that ban

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by Aburi001: 7:12am On Nov 23, 2016
Let Tinubu be biko shocked

6 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by rozayx5(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2016
signature2012:

You better stand on your own.....
In what way has jagaban improve your life or this country?

leave the double minded zombot

the guy is as cheap as tom tom undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by lailo: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2016
The truth is dat he is not happy with d status quo and he has not hidden it.I like him for that.

8 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by Gariki: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2016
So edon reach like this ; grin

Power go soon change hand

2 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by goshen26: 7:16am On Nov 23, 2016
Nigeria is [/s]blessee[s] cursed with ..... leaders
Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by legendarystar: 7:16am On Nov 23, 2016
chocolateme, what do we make of this thread? Nigeria's problems is becoming an unsolvable puzzle.

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by martineverest(m): 7:17am On Nov 23, 2016
this is not news na...tinubu is always sick
Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by gbaskiboy: 7:17am On Nov 23, 2016
Jagaban

5 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ by martineverest(m): 7:18am On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
this man,na where u stand sef?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Our Candidates’ List For INEC Is Ready – APC / Buhari Receives John Kerry At Aso Villa / Army Orders 50,000 Aba-Made Boots - Receives Praise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.