Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims (14253 Views)

I'm Not Afraid - FFK Reacts To Buhari's Order To Clampdown On Social Media Posts / Buhari, APC Begin Clampdown On Online Press - Online Publishers Association OPAN / Buhari Health: DSS Plans Massive Clampdown On Social Media Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by sarrki(m): 4:32am On Nov 23, 2016
Chieftain of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) in Ondo State, Barrister Tolu Babaleye, alleged on Tuesday a secret plot by the Governor of Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun, and the Minister of Solid Minerals, Kayode Fayemi, to have members of the party arrested commencing the same day.

Speaking during a press conference, Babaleye said the plot was perfected in Akure on Saturday after the All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign grand finale which was attended by President Muhammadu Buhari ahead of the governorship electoral battle.

Babaleye said the plan is to arrest key leaders of the party, including the Director-General of the Olusola Oke campaign outfit, and incarcerate them until after the election.  He stated that the opposing APC adopted the plan after they saw defeat staring them in the face as a result of what he described as the “soaring” popularity of the AD candidate.

He said Buhari as a democrat should not allow desperadoes, hiding under the presidential seal, to commit an electoral heist that would implicate his government, and called on the APC-led federal government to rein in their members to forestall the country’s democracy from being truncated.

“President Buhari is a democrat and we have unflagging confidence in his ability to conduct free, fair and credible polls in Ondo State.,” he said.  “But with the way things are going, it seems Amosun, Fayemi and others are desperate to ensure that the dream of Ondo people is shattered and this will cast a cloudy impression about the ability of the federal government to hold credible elections.”

Describing the plan, he said that as a prelude to the APC’s plan, ex-governor Fayemi had deployed to Ondo State all his foot-soldiers, including those who served under him as Chief of Staff and Special Assistants during his tenure in Ekiti to prepare a propitious ground to effectively hatch their sinister plot.

“Just like we have always been reiterating, these anti-democratic forces will meet a stiff resistance in the collective resolve of Ondo people, who are ready for a free and fair poll that would throw up a candidate that represents the wishes of the people.”

Babaleye asserted that the plan is to arrest the AD’s key leaders, including those perceived to be giving tacit supports to Oke, and take them to Abuja for prosecution in order to destabilize his party’s “well-oiled and well organized campaign outfit,” which he characterized as a hurricane blowing across Ondo State.

He declared: “The people’s power is mightier than any power. The coalition of evil forces against Oke, who is now the God and people’s candidate will fail. It is sad that those who [were] victims of electoral rigging in the past are now constituting themselves as the troubles of Israel and the full wrath of God awaits them.

“No matter the evil machinations, Oke stands like a rock of Gibraltar. He is unshakable because democracy is a game of numbers and we have the people behind us”, he concluded.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/22/gov-amosun-fayemi-planning-massive-clampdown-ad-leaders-party-claims

2 Likes

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 23, 2016
OK.
Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by sarrki(m): 4:46am On Nov 23, 2016
Abuja minister you will fail

Amosun don't forget pmb was supported in the SW

Due to the same leaders you call name now

I stand with #jagaban

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by madridguy(m): 4:53am On Nov 23, 2016
Too much rumor everywhere. Politician can be very funny when it's comes to election.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:10am On Nov 23, 2016
Amosun & Fayemi remember that tribe comes first before nationality, if you decided to go by the way of Cain and Abel, it will hunt you on a long run.

NB: Remember That Hausa-fulani(Buhari) Will Come & Go, But Your Brother(s) Will Always Be There.

Brother Na Brother, Others Na Others

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by Flexherbal(m): 5:10am On Nov 23, 2016
Politicians again!
Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by sarrki(m): 5:51am On Nov 23, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Amosun & Fayemi remember that tribe comes first before nationality, if you decided to go by the way of Cain and Abel, it will hunt you on a long run.

NB: Remember That Hausa-fulani(Buhari) Will Come & Go, But Your Brother(s) Will Always Be There.

Brother Na Brother, Others Na Others

Sopt on well said

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by yjgm(m): 6:46am On Nov 23, 2016
What are this people saying?. Saying thrash just to prove to the world you are gonna win. And when you loose, they will cry wolf that they've been rigged out. Can't fathom this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by SillyMods: 6:50am On Nov 23, 2016
Another fake propaganda.

Do these people still think we're under PDP?

Not under PMB will the Nigerian police or Army be used to perpetrate such uncivilized plot.

This I am sure of.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by SillyMods: 6:52am On Nov 23, 2016
yjgm:
What are this people saying?. Saying thrash just to prove to the world you are gonna win. And when you loose, they will cry wolf that they've been rigged out. Can't fathom this.
I'm surprised some APC supporters such as sarrki are believing this lie just because of their belief Tinubu is behind Oke.

See what partisan politics can do to people!

1 Like

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by SillyMods: 6:52am On Nov 23, 2016
yjgm:
I'm surprised some APC surpporters such as sarrki are believing this lie just because of they believe Tinubu is behind Oke.

See what partisan politics can do to people!

2 Likes

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by sarrki(m): 6:53am On Nov 23, 2016
SillyMods:
Another fake propaganda.

Do these people still think we're under PDP?

Not under PMB will the Nigerian police or Army be used to perpetrate such uncivilized plot.

This I am sure of.

I don't support blindly

Baba was there when they rigged the primary

I want baba to do more than what we have now

God bless muhammadu buhari

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by SillyMods: 6:57am On Nov 23, 2016
sarrki:

I don't support blindly

Baba was there when they rigged the primary

I want baba to do more than what we have now

God bless muhammadu buhari

God bless federal republic of Nigeria
What are you talking?

That Buhari was there when the primary was rigged? This is very laughable.

You're free to pitch your tent with any faction but it makes you look childish and petty to believe PMB will allow any of his ministers use state's security agencies to advance their sinister motive.

I haven't seen any indication of that possibility since he came to power.
Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:09am On Nov 23, 2016
Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by sarrki(m): 7:14am On Nov 23, 2016
SillyMods:

What are you talking?

You're free to pitch your tent with any faction but it makes you look childish and petty to believe PMB will allow any of his ministers use state's security agencies to advance their sinister motive.

I haven't seen any indication of that possibility since he came to power.

I don't support blindly

Thats me I love Nigeria

Than any individual

Don't come and preach morals here

Was he not there when they rigged the primary?

Saturday will settle the scores

3 Likes

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by sarrki(m): 7:17am On Nov 23, 2016
SillyMods:

What are you talking?

You're free to pitch your tent with any faction but it makes you look childish and petty to believe PMB will allow any of his ministers use state's security agencies to advance their sinister

I will chose my own when it comes to this

To whom much is given much is expected

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by Ragnnar: 7:25am On Nov 23, 2016
post=51286682:

“President Buhari is a democrat and we have unflagging confidence in his ability to conduct free, fair and credible polls in Ondo State.,”

This his comment got me laughing and asking my self questions.
when did Buhari become a democrat?
A coupiest and truncater of democracy. Guy your name is OYO.
why is APC trying to annihilate the opposition?

4 Likes

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by Johnnyessence(m): 7:31am On Nov 23, 2016
It is when there is downfall and set back of pdp and AD that all this people will be sending rumour and false information to people. AD and the PDP will be defeated in the upcoming poll. It is very clear and glaring that Aketi is winning in landslide victory. No hope for PDP again. Aketi will surely retire Oke and jimoh in the upcoming poll.
Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by Johnnyessence(m): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2016
sarrki:

I don't support blindly

Thats me I love Nigeria

Than any individual

Don't come and preach morals here

Was he not there when they rigged the primary?

Saturday will settle the scores
sarrki pls get it cleart here it was not rigged ok. D whole world watch d Apc primary on nta and ait live and direct from Akure where they host the primary election. So please d primary election was free and credible election. Oke is an over ambitious politician that will be retired in ondo state by Aketi victory in the poll. If I could remember very well this same Oke hug Aketi when Aketi is been announced d winner of the primary election in Akure. Oke thinks he is smart and he later decamp to AD to be d flagbearer as if he is strong in ondo state. He will be disappointed in the upcoming poll. Aketi winning in landslide victory.
Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by herzernIsHere: 8:25am On Nov 23, 2016
madridguy:
Too much rumor everywhere. Politician can be very funny when it's comes to election.

The present economic situation of the country has stripped madridguy of his intellectual capability........

I can relate to the feelings bruh!...

3 Likes

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by Unsad(m): 8:27am On Nov 23, 2016
I don't trust that Amosun guy though

1 Like

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by Mendelssohn(m): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2016
sarrki:
Abuja minister you will fail

Amosun don't forget pmb was supported in the SW

Due to the same leaders you call name now

I stand with #jagaban

Must you take everything you read online, hook, line and sinker?
Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by wealth231(m): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2016
Waka pass

1 Like

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by bashydemy(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2016
Lie from the pit of hell.
Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2016
Tinubu's AD is going down fast

1 Like

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by lomprico(m): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2016
AD might just bounce back and claim the west.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by moffat(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2016
Please report him to fayose he knowz how to deal with fayemi but for Amosu report him to Gbenga Daniel

2 Likes

Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by Emioge78: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2016
am seeing tins
Re: Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims by hucienda: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2016
Obvious the NL APC faction in this thread is split btw those from the N and SW. Tribal politics.

The Democratic Party in the US is also neck deep in this. Identity politics.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Lied About Weather - Hadi Sirika, Minister Of State For Aviation / Ondo Farmers Jobless, Hungry After Herders Fed Their Crops To Cattle / South-East Has No Land For Fulani Herdsmen — IPOB Threatens Governors, Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.