Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia (13406 Views)

Riot In Aba Over Government Task Force (Photos) / Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by ayoola22: 7:21am On Nov 06, 2009
Nigerian pilgrims and the attack on Saudi banks
By Reuben Abati

I AM not supporting violent conduct but I think the Nigerian pilgrims who took out their anger on a number of Saudi banks on Tuesday, November 3, smashing the banks' glass windows and doors in the process deserve understanding, not condemnation. The story as reported in the Daily Trust (Wed., Nov. 4) is explanatory enough

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=061109&ptitle=Nigerian%20pilgrims%20and%20the%20attack%20on%20Saudi%20banks

Should we horsewhip them, stone them or cut off the hands they use to throw the stone,

The banks too should not have implied that all Nigeria are thieves and not accept our travellers cheques, should we sue them,

The embassy in Saudi, how did they allow the issue to degenerate to that level?
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by nex(m): 8:55am On Nov 06, 2009
Violence in the Holy Land? Nigerians no get joy at all.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by vanitty: 9:40am On Nov 06, 2009
I do not condone violent, but i actually understand their frustration. If you cannot be accepted in your holy- land/mecca then . . . .
The bank shouldn't have insinuated that all of them were thieves and treated them differently from others
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by alias64: 9:43am On Nov 06, 2009
I can understand banks turning down Nigerian cheques and all sorts of institutes shunning Nigerians and films demonising Nigerians because of  our so-called frauds but what I cant understand is why all banks do not ban Arabs altogether from entering (because they could shoot or blow up customers), or why institutes dont create exclusion zones that Arabs cant go beyond or why film makers dont make films that depict Hitler as Arab.  I mean, if all Nigerians are fraudsters then surly all Arabs are murderers.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by citizenY(m): 10:34am On Nov 06, 2009
OTRO LOCO MAS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by alias64: 11:46am On Nov 06, 2009
Otra persona too cobarde para deletrearlo en inglés cool cool
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by muhsin(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2009
Hi there,

This is your probs fellows; this gets little to do with the religion of those protestors. Its the obnoxious situation of the country that lead to this and many other violence of that kind here and there in the world. Wasn't it on this forum I read Nigerians were denied visa to go to Angola?

Widen your comprehension.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by alias64: 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2009
There is no excuse for the Saudi to discriminate against those Nigerians or for Angola or any Nation to discriminate against Nigerians. It does not mater how many times some Nigerians do fraud it is unacceptable to discriminate against the next Nigerian. Unfortunately, there appear to be a glib acceptance by some Nigerians, Africans and people in the west of discriminations and stereotyping of all Nigerians. The point of my response is to remind people of the lesson of history. You discriminate against Nigerians today; tomorrow, some other group gets it. In any case, in the current climate, the Arabs should be the last people to act discriminatorily towards another group of people.

At least Nigerian fraud killed no American. If the Americans spent a fraction of the time and money that they have on Nigerian 419 on protecting their citizens against militant Islamists, they’d get a better result.

but I suppose, to Americans, money is more important than life
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by denony(m): 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2009
If pilgrims Riots will be the option to get our dignity back, from all these discriminating and racist countries
i implore that all Nigerians all over the world
who has been denied of their rights should
protest in mass.

THE STARTING OF WISDOM.
IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM U JOING THEM grin
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by WilyWily: 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2009
Why are those Nigeria Moslems crying of discrimination as if Nigerians don't discriminate against each other. i wish Saudi Police arrest them and flog Shit out of their Dirty Anus for breaking their law. Nonsense
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by mrperfect(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2009
This is not a pleasant thing to reckon with, sad for the country.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by showbobo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2009
This is pure madness. . .
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by noblegas2(m): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2009
alias64:

There is no excuse for the Saudi to discriminate against those Nigerians or for Angola or any Nation to discriminate against Nigerians. [b]It does not mater how many times some Nigerians do fraud it is unacceptable to discriminate against the next Nigerian. Unfortunately, there appear to be a glib acceptance by some Nigerians, Africans and people in the west of discriminations and stereotyping of all Nigerians. The point of my response is to remind people of the lesson of history. You discriminate against Nigerians today; tomorrow, some other group gets it. In any case, in the current climate, the Arabs should be the last people to act discriminatorily towards another group of people.

At least Nigerian fraud killed no American. If the Americans spent a fraction of the time and money that they have on Nigerian 419 on protecting their citizens against militant Islamists, they’d get a better result.

but I suppose, to Americans, money is more important than life [/b]

Mr. man
if someone calls u a thief, i think your Motivation shuld be `How do i Stop Stealing` NOT i stole once or twice!!! we are Nigerians and we know wat NIgerians are capable of doing. so dont digress into a Religious ish!!!
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by chidichris(m): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2009
if we want to be truthful to ourselves, we must be asking if we are surposed to be in the holy land in the first place.
rejecting ur travellers cheques or whatever is as a result of your impressions or situations you had created in the past.
these same group who go to the holy land are the same group that have turned nigeria to a coursed land.
i urge the saudi govt to make sure strict islamic laws are used on those criminals.
again, saudi govt must learn to prepare a seperate holy land for nigerians come the next visit.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by toba1909(m): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2009
Must they be treated so harshly in the name of performing the holy hajj?
Holy land indeed!
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by bibiking1(m): 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2009
We are giving the to the rest of the world our frustration-laden emotion
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by crescent(f): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2009
this a bad scenario for all, whether it is in holy-land or alter of satan, It is always on record that  human being are reactive in nature, why not asked the saudi bank how much they have lost to the fraudster that lead them to bared the pilgrimage the first time, it is better to prevent rather than regret latter. What will have been our reaction, if a Nigerian pilgrimage is caught for stealing( God Forbid) and declared to be judge by saudi system of justice?
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2009
Holy land my foot.
Holy land will not be so biased.
I think their frustration was justified.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by revolt(m): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2009
they should bring that rage to nigeria and help overthrow the system and that beastly generation
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by hbrednic: 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2009
the same saudi our servant leader went t open a uni-city.
i wonder what they will be thinking of him,if they are lumping all nigerians as crimi embarassed
yeye dey smell.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by SapeleGuy: 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2009
Serve them right - Their holy land should be here in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2009
Nigerians should wake up and see that their 419 and corruption activities are going to get them blacklisted all over the world. If we don't take time. Nigerians are going to be confined to Nigeria. The rest of the world won't want to have anything to do with us. It's a shame really. I'm a Nigerian, but damn what my people do is just so fu**ed!!!!
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by oge4real(f): 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2009
Saudi vs Nigerians, now Yaradaft will see exactly what he is before those Arabs-president of thieves.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by dawoyo(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2009
No matter what, d Saudis has got no right to treat Nigerians d way they did. Has anyone seen a Saudi man being insulted in Nigeria for terrorism? 
Holy Land ko Igbe land ni
Nonsense
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by emisun(m): 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2009
the same saudi arabia these bastards go to stash our wealth is rejecting the one one kobo poor nigerians wanna withdraw.they love it when they do biz that runs into billions with our corrupt politicians.well next time somebody should volumteer to do some bombing there.anybody who gains from corruption should face the consequences and believe me they are severe.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by Epiphany(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2009
The frustrations of the pilgrims should not be taken out on the Saudi people. Their anger should be vented upon the federal government, here in Nigeria. They should have come back to Naija to stage this protest in front of Aso Rock or the National Assembly complex.
It is the Nigerian image as a whole that is being insulted in Saudi and not the individual pilgrims. If Nigeria was a powerful country amongst other highly influential and powerful countries, will the Saudi's try this?
NO NO NO NO!
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by showbobo(m): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Serve them right - Their holy land should be here in Nigeria.
Think before you post though it appears you're a simpleton.

N.B: This forum is moderated, so please read the rules before posting. Thanks!
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2009
Where is Dora " the explorer" Akunyili? Why has she not RELEASE a statement BANNING all Nigerians, including Yar adua from going to Saudi Arabia to get Medical Care and any other service?? OR better yet WARNING the Saudi Banks of possible BOYCOTT from Nigerians? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by phuckNL: 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2009
Is it by force to go to SAUDI?
Nigerians please wake up from your idiocracy. Because some people typed up a book and wrote that you should come to their land at a specific time of the year because it is demanded by God does not mean you have to carry your big head and travel there. It is not by force.
All the people saying rubbish that it is compulsory are simply stupid.
If not for the invention of airplanes, would people be going there.
If you had to go by road or ship, would you go. nonsense
Stay in ur damn country and spend what's left of ur naira
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by dtwsola(m): 4:16pm On Nov 07, 2009
alias64:

If the Americans spent a fraction of the time and money that they have on Nigerian 419 on protecting their citizens against militant Islamists, they’d get a better result. but I suppose, to Americans, money is more important than life  

What the hell are you talking about? You are deluded if you honestly think that a significant amount of U.S time and money is devoted to Nigerian 419. LOL, what a joke.  You'd be hard pressed to find any U.S. politician mention anything about Nigerian internet fraud, or Nigeria for that matter. Now to the contrary, Islam extremism is one of the major issues, and loads of money has been allotted to the so called 'War on Terror'.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by SapeleGuy: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2009
showbobo:

Think before you post though it appears you're a simpleton.

N.B: This forum is moderated, so please read the rules before posting. Thanks!

Saudi authorities should deal with them or deport them.
These people are lawless and this has been illustrated by their criminal antecedents.  If you can manage to read do so and stop coming here to show your congenital retardation.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200910270559.html

Hajj - Minister Reads Riot Acts to Pilgrims

Ibrahim Shuaibu

27 October 2009

Kano — Minister of Special Duties, Ambassador Ibrahim Kazaure, yesterday said pilgrims who flout rule of Saudi Arabian government will be sent back to the country immediately.

Kazaure said to sanitise the yearly pilgrimage, authorities in Aaudi Arabia have decreed that pregnant women, persons above 65 years of age and those below 18 years would not be allowed to perform this year's Hajj.

It also emphasised the prohibition of drugs and all forms of narcotic substances, including Kolanut.

The minister said any female pilgrim found to be pregnant would not only face instant deportation, but would forfeit her payment for Hajj, adding that the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) would do everything possible to make this year's Hajj a huge success.

Addressing reporters in Kano, before the take-off of the first batch of pilgrims from the zone, Kazaure said unlike previous exercise, Hajj officials would be the last to depart the Kingdom after the exercise and applauded the massive turn out of intending pilgrims from Jigawa State.

The first batch was made up of 511 pilgrims from Jigawa State.An official of Meridian Airline, Alhaji Ibrahim Karaye, said the airline is one of the designated carriers of Jigawa pilgrims, adding that the Boeing 747 aircraft has since returned to airlift yet another 500 pilgrims.
Re: Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia by bandely(m): 4:33pm On Nov 07, 2009
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC & PDP Senators Disagree Over 2016 Budget Implementation / Presidency Denies Freezing Jonathan’s Account, Says Allowances Not stopped / FG Has Challenged Us To Deliver South East –APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.