Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog (11020 Views)

Buhari Is Alive And Nigerians Are Angry – Dele Momodu / Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics / Why Is Father Mbaka Silent In The Face Of These Harsh Economic Realities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by emi14: 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
Resistance to hardship made the government to neglect you guys

1 Like

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by DanPel(m): 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
teric4love:
I don't read anything concerning this country again
BT U ENTA THREAD,EVIN COMENT JOIN. MTCHEEEW AM SURE ITS TIME U LOCATE UR MATERNAL ANCESTORAL HOME-BUKI NA SUFFER.
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
IdomaLikita:
Na dis kind analysis I dey hate...OP only sees the problem with a monochrome lens. The Hardest hit in a recession aint the Upper Middle class, but the Lower Middle class who are pushed into full scale poverty.

Has OP noticed there are more children at home during School hours this period? In my compound, I can count 5.Parents can no longer afford school fees.

Has OP come to Public hospitals to see how people dying? Ordinary Antimalarials go for above N1000 now, and quackery is on the rise because people just can't afford healthcare.

Teeanage Girls have turned to prostitution just to feed themselves and their siblings.

Teenage boys beseige Sport Betting Offices daily, waiting to hammer, because work no dey..not even labourer job.

Things are definitely working for some, but for the 70% "TYPICAL" Nigerians, Destitution stares them in the face.
when there is live hope is plenty,we are survivor.
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by Seunpaul01(m): 5:42pm On Nov 25, 2016
Person wey talk this dey craze.

We are dying of hunger here u dey talk strong.

cry cry cry God punish you.. ehnn ehn ehnn.

4 Likes

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by ephi123(f): 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
Standing5:

Imagine all the years cassava starch, charcoal, cocoa exporter have been exchanging their dollar at a low rate just because govt was busy heavily subsidizing it for importers and their customers in their bid to impress Nigerians. We spent $217bn on dollar subsidy in 12yrs. It is a simply a case of those who where losing out starting to gain more for their effort.

So it's no longer oil subsidy, it is now dollar subsidy?

Besides, point of correction government was never subsidizing for importers. The effect being felt now is simply because rates have spiraled out of control. Please enough of the defense of this rubbish government. Please. People like you are why we are where we are as a country - never demanding good governance but rather defending individuals. Continue.
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
Emekamex:
Must we always suffer before the government gets it right?
a multi billion dollar question.
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by buffalowings: 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2016
IdomaLikita:
Na dis kind analysis I dey hate...OP only sees the problem with a monochrome lens. The Hardest hit in a recession aint the Upper Middle class, but the Lower Middle class who are pushed into full scale poverty.

Has OP noticed there are more children at home during School hours this period? In my compound, I can count 5.Parents can no longer afford school fees.

Has OP come to Public hospitals to see how people dying? Ordinary Antimalarials go for above N1000 now, and quackery is on the rise because people just can't afford healthcare.

Teeanage Girls have turned to prostitution just to feed themselves and their siblings.

Teenage boys beseige Sport Betting Offices daily, waiting to hammer, because work no dey..not even labourer job.

Things are definitely working for some, but for the 70% "TYPICAL" Nigerians, Destitution stares them in the face.

Op is wearing rose tinted glasses.
It is nothing but a feel-good post.

1 Like

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by MsFaith: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
Nigerians adapt too quickly.
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by MsFaith: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
ephi123:
Nigerians are resilient people. That's what makes us Nigerians.

The downside of being resilient is we keep taking more and more sh.it from the politicians without doing anything.

Also, unfortunately we've gone down the route of tribalism and become even more divided lately.
My dear, you've said it all, we adapt too easily and don't seem to fight for our right
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2016
is because of mmm. stop mmm now and see complain tomorrow. I'm a living testimony.

1 Like

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by Standing5(m): 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2016
ephi123:

So it's no longer oil subsidy, it is now dollar subsidy?

Besides, point of correction government was never subsidizing for importers. The effect being felt now is simply because rates have spiraled out of control. Please enough of the defense of this rubbish government. Please. People like you are why we are where we are as a country - never demanding good governance but rather defending individuals. Continue.
Govt did subsidized dollar and is still doing it. Stop being so bitter and unrealistic.
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2016
They will soon start selling original Nigerian Blood on OLX and Aliexpress...

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by ephi123(f): 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
Standing5:
Govt did subsidized dollar and is still doing it. Stop being so bitter and unrealistic.

You should wake up from lala-land and stop defending the indefensible. Maybe you think it's one ignorant person that you can bamboozle with false info you are talking to.
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
buffalowings:

Op is wearing rose tinted glasses. It is nothing but a feel-good post.
well...
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
Una dey use Lagos as yardstick ba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by strenghtt: 8:28pm On Nov 25, 2016
IdomaLikita:

Maybe OP meant to say the polithiefcians and looters of the national Treasury are still ARE STILL STRONG.

1 Like

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by AvsGot007(m): 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2016
una strong abi? OK continue...y'all just started!
what's the op even tryna pass?
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by Wizzyblack3(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2016
jbcul4ril:
Our country is blessed because even in the so called recession Nigerians are still making clean money big time. Those people complaining either lazy or leaving outside their means.
I for say Thunder go fire you for this but make i just leave you for God. Shey you know how many months salary my employer dey owe me now,,, shey i nor work? Bros, mind yourself o.. Shey you think say na everybody go dey Yahoo like you?
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
tundejoseph4:
na Mmm dey help guys o, otherwise u 4 don get like 80millions thieves
lol, enjoy while it last.
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by Wizzyblack3(m): 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
MsFaith:

My dear, you've said it all, we adapt too easily and don't seem to fight for our right
The problem we have is ourselves (Nigerians), we feel comfortable in every situation that's why no leader or government give a fvck about us...

1 Like

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by Cletus77(m): 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
Na true talk..oo
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by lomprico(m): 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
Taaaaa! Na MMM dey give us morale! grin

1 Like

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by MsFaith: 9:39pm On Nov 25, 2016
Wizzyblack3:

The problem we have is ourselves (Nigerians), we feel comfortable in every situation that's why no leader or government give a fvck about us...
Sad!
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by Msflakky(f): 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
IdomaLikita:

Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
LOL

teric4love:
I don't read anything concerning this country again
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by berrystunn(m): 1:14am On Nov 26, 2016
Long live MMM.
Money making machine
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by berrystunn(m): 1:15am On Nov 26, 2016
lomprico:
Taaaaa! Na MMM dey give us morale! grin

Money making machine
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by Angel1696: 4:50am On Nov 26, 2016
Now that u( recession) are out of our life am so much better
U thought we will be weak with you but we we are chilling
u thought we will be broke with u but we are richer
cos some people cash in on the rise in exchange rate to export their farm products thereby smiling to the bank
u thought that we will die with you but we are living
u thought that we will be sad with you but we are happy
u can't stop us from making our millions
we are survivor we gonna make it.
Bleep recession.
Re: In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog by davires: 7:51am On Nov 26, 2016
Na MMM and God dey sustain us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo / Seme/krake Joint Border Post To Be Private Sector Driven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.