Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

The Craving - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Craving (12374 Views)

Craving Hope 1 (real Life Story) / [part 1-4] Craving For Older Men – Late Night Fun Story (18+) / The Craving Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: The Craving by girlhaley(f): 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
Where is her ability and strength

A vampire could run a 100metres in a few seconds
Jeez...... Mike showed up

That's so fvcked up

I PITY U..... BROS MIKE.....
Ur blood is going next in d mug

Greg....... U da bomb
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
alexblazzzer18:
Ain't she a Vamp Y is she running from a fight, i was expecting her to use her super strenght and speed... BTW nice story Greg42...
There are a lot of myths about vampires bruh
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
girlhaley:
Where is her ability and strength

A vampire could run a 100metres in a few seconds

Jeez...... Mike showed up

That's so fvcked up

I PITY U..... BROS MIKE.....

Ur blood is going next in d mug

Greg....... U da bomb

Sweety thanks so much,see as I dey here dey smile like say you chyke me
Re: The Craving by Charlesdock(m): 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
I hate vampires. Sucking blood upandan. Well let us go on. Mike hope your knight in shinning armour no go turn you to champagne bayi? grin
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
Charlesdock:
I hate vampires. Sucking blood upandan. Well let us go on. Mike hope your knight in shinning armour no go turn you to champagne bayi? grin

grin grin grin
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
Cc girlhaley Charlesdock jagugu88li lleigh creeza empress101 xamster divepen1 skarlett bummybummy osaremnwienda

He was late. Not deliberately; he‟d never understood the playing-it-cool thing. He just had a habit of leaving everything to the last minute, and the train was pulling away from the platform as he pounded up the concrete stairs. He‟d thought of running back home to collect his van, but it wouldn‟t have saved any time, and he wouldn‟t be able to have a drink all night. She was so attractive that it intimidated him a little, and he felt that a few drinks might help him relax a bit. A lot of drinks might have helped him relax even more, but he‟d probably say or do something stupid (not for the first time), so best to stick to three and four to minimise the chances of being dumped on the first date. Not that he was totally sure that this was a date. She‟d told him where she would be tonight. That wasn‟t to say she‟d be there alone. Girls never went to night-clubs on their own, in his experience, unless they were really desperate, and Kate wasn‟t desperate by any stretch of the imagination. At best, she would be surrounded by girlfriends when he arrived, which would make it difficult to talk to her (he wasn‟t all that good in groups of strangers). At the worst, she‟d have another bloke with her, in which case he‟d stay for a couple of drinks and then find some excuse to slope off as soon as he could. 

He could always say he was on call for work tomorrow; it was an easy excuse for someone in his line of business. No, scratch that; at the worst, Angie would be there too. In which case there was no point even staying for one drink, yet alone a few of them. He arrived at “The Board-Room” about three quarters of an hour later than he‟d intended, fearing that he‟d missed his chance. More than likely she‟d got bored of waiting for him, and moved on to somewhere else (if she‟d even remembered inviting him in the first place). Should he look into a few other clubs in the area, to try to find her? That would look pretty desperate. But it was probably better to look sad and apologetic than to stand her up altogether. As he was walking down the street, he could see three women giving someone a kicking on the pavement. Awkward. If they had been blokes, he would have waded straight in there, but it was different with women. It wasn‟t as if he could fight them, after all! He had visions of the three “ladies” turning on him, trying to kick the crap out of him, while their original victim hurried away unnoticed. He hurried towards them, still uncertain precisely what he was going to do when he got there. Shout at them, maybe, hope he scared them away. Two blokes came out of the club and stood nearby, egging them on. He swore to himself. How much worse could things get? Maybe he should just fetch the bouncers and leave them to sort it out. Taking on five people was a bit much for him to tackle on his own. The woman on the ground was holding her arms over her head, trying to shield her skull from flying feet. He had to help her, no matter what. They‟d kill her if this carried on much longer. He wouldn‟t want that on his conscious. And then she uncovered her head. Kate! It was Kate. The nearest girl – a brunette, barely out of her teens – took a step backwards, as if she was about to take a corner in a football match. Kate‟s blonde head remained motionless on the pavement, vulnerable and unprotected. One hard kick to the skull might be all it would take. Serious injury, brain damage, maybe even death. “Kate!” he shouted. He barrelled into the girl as she was drawing back her leg, sending her flying backwards on to the ground. One of her friends started screaming at him, while the other went to her assistance to see if she was okay. The two men moved in. No point in reasoning with them; he could see that they weren‟t coming over for an intellectual debate. 

He took a swing at the first man, sending him staggering backwards into a wall, but the second man rushed him, bundling him to the pavement, throwing punches all the while. He fought to regain his feet. He‟d seen what these animals had done to Kate when she was down. He needed to be standing up, fending them off. It was the only slim chance he had of getting Kate and himself out of this mess in one piece. The young brunette was up again, and all three girls descended upon him, screeching obscenities, demanding that “Chris” should “rip his fucking head off”. He pushed his assailant away and half regained his feet, but the other bloke waded in, sending him down on his back again. Two of them, with three frenzied women as back-up. This wasn‟t the night-out he‟d planned. Finally, the bouncers waded in. It took four of them, but between them they pulled the men off Mike, and pushed them to one side. Chris retaliated, but a punch to the head from a doorman (who looked about five stone heavier than him) persuaded him to stand where he was told. The women were rounded up with rather more difficulty, one of them slapping one of the bouncers across the face before her male friends calmed her down, fearing that they would bear the brunt of any repercussions. “You‟re dead,” the brunette shouted at Mike, as he went to Kate‟s motionless side. “And I hope I‟ve killed that dirty old slag, too.” He put his hand on Kate‟s shoulder. She looked up at him. Her face was cut, and she didn‟t look totally with it to him. She seemed to be having trouble focussing. “Call an ambulance,” he told the bouncers. “No,” she shook her head. “I just want to go home.” “And the Police.” She was suddenly focussed. “No. No police, Mike. No police.” “They could‟ve killed you.” “No police.” “She‟s the one who should be fucking locked up!” protested the brunette. “Dirty slag.” “I should be locked up,” Kate nodded. Mike gave her a worried look. She must be getting hysterical. “No police,” she repeated, serious again. He sighed. What to do? He was conscious that the people who had assaulted them were still hyped up. If the Police weren‟t coming, he and Kate would be in trouble the moment they tried to leave. 

It wasn‟t as if the bouncers were going to walk them safely back to her car (not that she could drive it anyway in this state). A siren sounded in the distance. “No police!” Kate shouted at him again. She was worrying him; she wasn‟t acting rationally at all.  One of the blokes made a run for it, haring off down the street as if his life depended on it. His mate followed suit. The girls stood their ground for several seconds longer, hurling abuse after their fast-departing accomplices, but eventually gave it up as a lost cause and, high heels in hand, fled after them, swearing loudly and inventively as they went. Kate attempted to struggle to her feet. “You shouldn‟t move,” he told her. “You might have broken something.” “I‟ve got to go,” she said. She clung to him for balance. It made him feel ashamed in the circumstances, but he felt a thrill at her body being pressed against his. I must be sick, he thought to himself. She‟s half dead, and you‟re still fantasising about shagging her. An ambulance entered the street. Kate sighed with relief. “No police,” Mike reassured her, as if speaking to a child awoken by nightmares. “And no ambulance,” she pouted. He stared at her. She allowed herself the tiniest of grins. “Now you‟re taking the piss,” he said

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Craving by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
Mike please bro, do the needful, stop the ambulance. At least your life depends on it.

Even if Kate felt something for Mike, it would be the end of him when the cravings start. Ambulance
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
jagugu88li:
Mike please bro, do the needful, stop the ambulance. At least your life depends on it.

Even if Kate felt something for Mike, it would be the end of him when the cravings start. Ambulance

My partner in crime.....when are you going to make this movie nah smiley smiley
Re: The Craving by Creeza(m): 2:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
Vamps on the loose. I hate horror movies.

Nice story bro.

I donn land
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
Creeza:
Vamps on the loose. I hate horror movies.

Nice story bro.

I donn land

My gee......Sidon for my seat bruh!!!

1 Like

Re: The Craving by xamster(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
Yea, thats the story man. Keep it coming. I was gonna comment yesterday but was hindered by the poor network service.
Anyways u doing a good job i must confess.
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
xamster:
Yea, thats the story man. Keep it coming. I was gonna comment yesterday but was hindered by the poor network service.
Anyways u doing a good job i must confess.

Thanks so much bruh
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
greg42:

My partner in crime.....when are you going to make this movie nah smiley smiley
Busy with auditions here. Difficult task I tell you. I have the sweet and sometimes fierce character to play Kate. Angie is proving to be the tricky one, same as her character. #wipes face with handkerchief#

We'll be waiting for you

1 Like

Re: The Craving by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 28, 2016
Cc. Xamster Charlesdock empress101 ashatoda jagugu88li skarlett alexblazzzer18 girlhaley creeza beey divepen1

She left Queen Elizabeth Queen Mother Hospital at five o‟clock in the morning. She‟d been diagnosed with two possible broken ribs, multiple bruising and concussion, but she‟d refused to allow them to keep her in for observation. It was still dark outside. She had to get home before it was light. And she had to check that her special guest had not woken up and made a groggy break for it in her absence. With Mike holding he arm as if she was his grandmother, and with an information sheet about head injuries clutched in her free hand, she made her way through the automatic doors into the car-park outside. A taxi was waiting for them there; “no extra charge after midnight”. She would have liked to have picked up her car (well, Angie‟s car actually), but a taxi back to Canterbury would have cost a fortune, and there was no time. She needed to be home before sunrise. Angie could collect it later.....

"Are you sure you‟re okay?” he asked anxiously. “You look awful.” “Flatterer.” “No, I just meant -” “I know what you meant. I was just teasing.” “What happened? Why were they – doing that to you?” She shrugged. “I don‟t know. I just got up to leave, and she was in my face. And then they all followed me outside. You pretty much know the rest. You‟re a bit bruised yourself.” “Yeah, but you should see the other guys.” She gave a suppressed laugh. “Don‟t. It hurts.” “Sorry.” “No, I‟m sorry. Sorry you had to get involved in this. I‟m glad you did; I don‟t think I‟d still be around if you hadn‟t shown up when you did. But you shouldn‟t have had to. It was my problem, not yours.” “It was my fault, though. I missed my train. I was late. If I‟d have been there on time we might have been safely back home by now. At our own homes, I mean. I didn‟t mean to suggest -” “If you don‟t stop apologising, I‟m going to beat you up myself.” It was his turn to laugh. “I reckon I could take you. In a fight, I mean. I didn‟t mean -” “You‟re doing it again.” “Sorry.” She slapped his leg. “If you say that one more time!” “If you‟re going to smack me every time I apologise, we could be here for a long time. I‟m starting to like it.” The taxi pulled up outside her house. He looked at her with concern. “Shall I come in?” he asked. “Just to check that you‟re okay?” “No.” She shook her head violently from side to side. “You can‟t come in.” “Just until you‟re settled.” “I said no.” Her voice was sharper than she meant it to be. She touched his leg. “Sorry. It‟s been a long day. I just want to go to bed.” “Stop apologising,” he joked, but she didn‟t laugh this time. She gave him a smile; small, but heartfelt. She glanced over towards Angie‟s house. The bedroom light had just gone on. Kate got out of the car quickly. “Take care of yourself,” he said. "You, too,” she replied.

She took another look at the house next door. “You‟d better go now.” “Are you sure you don‟t want -” She slammed the car-door, and gave him a wave goodbye. He waved back. The taxi pulled away. Kate walked to her front-door. The key was barely in the lock when Angie appeared beside her with the syringe concealed behind her. She was in her white dressinggown, and her hair was all over the place. “Where have you been?” Angie scolded. “I‟ve been worried sick about you!” “Hospital.” “And you didn‟t think to call me? I stayed awake until four o, clock, worrying about you! Anything could have happened. You could‟ve been arrested; beaten up; dead. Why have you been in hospital? What‟s the matter? Are those cuts on your face? Was that Mike in the taxi? What has he done to you?” Kate opened the door and stepped inside. Angie went to follow her, but Kate shook her head. “Tomorrow,” she told her. “We‟ll talk tomorrow. I need to go to bed.” “Now,” Angie insisted. “We talk now.” Kate shut the door on her, and flipped up the catch to stop Angie using her key. As her friend was calling through the letter-box to her, she went to the back-door and put the key in the lock so Angie couldn‟t use that door either. She‟d pay dearly for this act of defiance in the morning, but she‟d worry about that later. She was far too tired to cope with Angie right now. “Go home!” she called out to Angie, as she passed the front door on her way to the stairs. “You let me in this minute! I‟ll not be treated like this!” She climbed the stairs, checked in on Clive to check that he was still unconscious, and went to bed. As she had said to Mike, it had been a very long night.......

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Craving by girlhaley(f): 9:00am On Nov 28, 2016
A long night indeed......

Those girls could have killed her

I pray mike had an accident....lose his memory and forget anyone bearing Kate

He's just too sweet

Oga Greg.....I hail o.....
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 28, 2016
girlhaley:
A long night indeed......

Those girls could have killed her

I pray mike had an accident....lose his memory and forget anyone bearing Kate

He's just too sweet

Oga Greg.....I hail o.....

Sweety I hail pass
Re: The Craving by Horlorlardaey: 1:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
horlorlardaey is here!!!

hope to see you in the upcoming contest in January

kwantinu pls
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
Horlorlardaey:
horlorlardaey is here!!!

hope to see you in the upcoming contest in January

kwantinu pls

Thanks for the vote of confidence bro......welcome on board
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
She woke up to the sound of a ringing phone. She tried to ignore it, but as soon as the answer-machine kicked in, the caller rang off, and phoned again. There was only one person she knew with that persistence. Angie. It was payback time

She got out of bed. Sharp pain to her ribs made her grimace. They‟d told her at the hospital she‟d be uncomfortable for four or five weeks, and then she‟d be fine. No need to x-ray the ribs; the treatment would be the same whether she‟d fractured them or not. She was pretty sure she had. They were agony. She thought about disconnecting the phone, and going back to bed. No point really; she‟d have to face the music sooner or later. Besides, Clive must be due for a top-up round about now. Angie was usually round twice a day for that, and the last time had been before she‟d gone out last night to see Mike. She looked at her alarm clock. Shit! Half past eleven. He should have been dosed up hours ago. She hurried downstairs. The bedroom door was still shut; that was encouraging. She stood outside for a moment to compose herself, before entering the bedroom. Please let him still be in bed. He should be there – he was handcuffed after all – but sooner or later she knew that one of them would find a way to get free. She had no illusions about how this would end. Somehow, some day, one of them would escape.

And there was no going back from that. She pushed the door open and stepped into the room. Clive‟s eyes were open. He was staring at her. He was frightened, she could see that just from the look on his face. And he looked so young, so very young. He made a sound, a small, muffled sound, but that was all. He didn‟t move a muscle. He just looked at her. Terrified. She was the worst thing in the world to him. She couldn‟t blame him for that; she was the worst thing in the world to herself as well. “I‟m sorry,” she cried. “I didn‟t want to do this to you. I can‟t help it.” He made that sound again, a sort of crumpled pleading noise. It was too much. She fled, slamming the door on him and running back upstairs to her bedroom, ignoring the pain in her ribs. The phone rang again. She snatched it up. “Angie, he‟s awake.” “Good morning, Princess,” Angie replied. “Hope I haven‟t woken you up.” “He‟s awake. You need to get round here now.” “Do I now? Why should I? You threw me out this morning. And you Window-Boy go. It‟s funny how you expect me to jump when you click your fingers Whenever it suits you. But what do you ever give me in return, though? What do I get out of this, eh?” “More than me. Don‟t pretend you don‟t love it.” “I could take it or leave it.” “Angie, please. His eyes are open.” “He‟s chained up.” “He could break the bed. Or cry for help. Please! This is freaking me out.” “You owe me. Agreed?” “Yes. Whatever. Just get round here as soon as you can. He was looking at me.” “Give me five minutes.”

Kate dressed quickly and went downstairs. She scurried past the door to the spare-bedroom. She couldn‟t bear to see him again, not until he was safely asleep. The expression on his face when he had looked at her was just too much. She was getting hungry, though; she needed to pay him a visit soon. But not now. Not until Angie had worked her magic. Back down to the ground-floor. She took the door off the latch, so Angie could use her key, and then headed for the kitchen. She put the kettle on, and took a seat at the table, waiting for her nerves to settle, waiting for her friend to arrive. Her only friend, God help her. The mobile rang. She checked out the screen, expecting it to be Angie again. It was a number she didn‟t recognise. A Margate number by the look of it. She pressed the green button, and held it hesitantly to her ear. “Hello?” “Hello. Margate Police. Is this Katherine Pearce?” She froze, then nodded, then realised that nodding wasn‟t much use over the phone. “Yes,” she replied cautiously. “Is something the matter?” “QEQM told us you were admitted last night with head injuries. I just wanted to pop over to take a statement. See whether there‟s any action you want us to take?” “How did you get my mobile number?” “From the hospital. Are you free this afternoon? About three-ish? Or would you prefer a week-day?” She heard the key in the lock. Angie. She got to her feet, and walked into the hallway, motioning to her that she was on the phone. She didn‟t want her shouting out anything incriminating as she was speaking to the police officer. “Is it him?” Angie asked. “Window-boy"

Today‟s not convenient,” Kate said into the phone.  “Tomorrow, then?” “I can‟t do tomorrow either.” “When then? I‟ll need to see you this week. I‟m off next week, and I need to get a report filled out before I go. How does Tuesday sound?” Angie took the phone off her. Kate fought to keep hold of it, but it was hard to deny Angie when she was determined. “Hello. Who is this?” Angie enquired. “PC Marsh. Who am I talking to?” “My name‟s Angela. What do you want?” “Can you put me back on to Miss Pearce, please?” “You‟re trying to arrange a date to come round to see her? What did she do?” “I‟m afraid I can‟t discuss that with you.” “How about Tuesday? Eleven o‟clock? How does that sound?” “I‟d need Miss Pearce to confirm she‟s happy with that.” Angie held the phone out towards Kate. “Tell him you‟re happy with that.” “I‟m happy with that,” Kate called out obediently towards her mobile. Angie put it back to her ear. “That‟s settled then. See you next Tuesday.” She hung up. She smiled. 

Her mood appeared to have improved considerably since speaking with the police officer. “What do you think?” “Of what?” Kate asked, mystified. “The police-man. When he comes round here.” Kate stared at her. “You don‟t mean…? Are you mad?” “Never been saner. You agreed you‟d like two of them upstairs.” “Clive. I‟d forgotten about Clive. Quick, Angie; he‟s awake.” “He‟ll keep. What about it then? You‟ve got a man knocking on your door the day after next. Practically begging to be syringed. What do you reckon? I‟m game if you are.” “Tell me you‟re joking. Don‟t you think he‟d be missed? And how am I going to handcuff a police-man to my bed?” “The same way as -” There was a scream from upstairs. Clive was very much awake.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Craving by Missmossy(f): 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
So captivating cheesy enjoying this horrific piece. Keep it coming greg42. These ladies though, Kate seems not to be able to stomach all these. Angie is the tougher one of the two. I feel Clive could survive anyway. Mike is going to be a victim soon if he doesn't stay far away from Kate.

1 Like

Re: The Craving by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
Mike please come over on Tuesday, around the same time as the policeman. See them juggle the three men.

Kate is somehow crushing on Mike or, she generally hates having to lure these guys, just drain them. Pity the craving calls

This craving sef
Re: The Craving by Horlorlardaey: 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
greg42:

Thanks for the vote of confidence bro......welcome on board
is moi pleasure, i will be there too
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
Missmossy:
So captivating cheesy enjoying this horrific piece. Keep it coming greg42. These ladies though, Kate seems not to be able to stomach all these. Angie is the tougher one of the two. I feel Clive could survive anyway. Mike is going to be a victim soon if he doesn't stay far away from Kate.

Feels so good to have you here dearie
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
jagugu88li:
Mike please come over on Tuesday, around the same time as the policeman. See the juggle the three men.

Kate is somehow crushing on Mike or, she generally hates having to lure these guys, just drain them. Pity the craving calls

This craving sef

Sweety e tire me too ooo
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
Horlorlardaey:
is moi pleasure, i will be there too

Am sure we'll have a blast
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 29, 2016
Cc missmossy horlorlardaey jagugu88li girlhaley xamster creeza lleigh beey skarlett alexblazzzer18 divepen1

Angie paused, deciding whether to continue the discussion or sedate the occupant of the spare bedroom first. The look of panic on Kate‟s face persuaded her that the noisy young man upstairs should be her first priority. “Just think about it,” she urged Kate, as she hurried from the room, syringe in hand. “That‟s all I‟m asking. You‟ll thank me later, you just see if you don‟t.” # Angie returned to the kitchen five minutes later. “Problem solved. Where‟s my tea then, Babe?” “On the side. Is everything okay? Is he – asleep again?” “No. I thought I‟d uncuff him, and take him on a tour round the house.” “Angie!” “Yes, he‟s “asleep”. Your Auntie Angie‟s worked her magic yet again. You going up to see him? You look awful. You‟ll feel better after a feed.” “Maybe in half an hour. Give him time to settle.” “You‟re such a chicken.” Angie retrieved her vampire mug from the work-surface, and took a seat at the table. She shuffled her chair over towards Kate, so she was just a foot or two away. “Come on then. What happened? Start with why you went out two nights in a row. You never do that.” “I went to a club in Canterbury. I just felt like getting out. I found a bloke. At least, I thought I had. His girlfriend wasn‟t so keen, though. She and her mates kicked the crap out of me outside. Mike happened to be walking past, and he dived in, but then these other blokes -” Angie looked amused. “Mike happened to be walking past?” Kate flushed. “Yes.” “Really?” “It‟s not that much of a coincidence. Everyone goes clubbing in Canterbury now. Thanet‟s so quiet.” “Of course they do. Did he get a good kicking too?” “Yes.” “Good.” “Angie! He saved me. They would have killed me if he hadn‟t have come along when he did. The bouncers disappeared, there was no sign of the police. There were five of them!” “Window-boy saves the day"

Kate lapsed into silence. What was the point of saying any more when Angie was in this mood? “I‟ll go upstairs now. I haven‟t fed since I came home.” “Better feed the Beast quick then, Angel, before it feeds on you.”  “What‟s that supposed to mean?” Angie shrugged. “Buggered if I know.” Kate got to her feet, and headed for the stairs. Her heart sank within her as Angie followed her up. The conversation was obviously not so easily closed. They entered the spare bedroom together. Clive was motionless on the bed, his eyes mercifully closed again. He looked ill; very ill. It was no great surprise, of course. She was literally bleeding him dry. Some of them lasted a week if she was frugal. She‟d be lucky if he lasted to Wednesday. “Why didn‟t you invite him in?” Angie asked, as Kate filled her cup straight from the blood bag. The blue mug, of course. That was the Rule.  “Because I saw your light come on. I couldn‟t be arsed to get him out of his clothes, yet alone cuff him to a bed. I just wanted to go to sleep. You saw how tired I was last night.” “That‟s all? You didn‟t feel sorry for him?” “No.” “Grateful to him? For saving you.” “No.” “You‟re not in love with him, then?” “Bleep off. I‟ve only just met him.” Angie stared at her. She didn‟t like being sworn at. She opened her mouth to say something, but then thought better of it. She didn‟t want to change the subject from Mike. “So when‟s he coming back? You‟ve got him on the hook. All you need to do now is scoop him up in your big old vampire net, and cuff him to the bed.” “I‟m not a vampire, okay?” “Course you‟re not, Babe. It‟s just an expression. When, though? My diary‟s pretty empty as usual. Apart from your police interview on Tuesday, we can pencil him in for any day you like.” Kate left the room, with Angie in tow. Would the woman never go home? She shrugged. “I don‟t know. Soon. I‟m going back to bed, if that‟s okay? I feel shattered after last night.” Without waiting to see what her friend made of this, she climbed up the stairs to the top floor. She could hear Angie climbing the first couple of steps behind her, before coming to a halt. Please leave me alone, she thought. I love you dearly, but sometimes you can be the biggest pain in the arse imaginable. “Bye then, Darlin‟. I‟ll come round again later. See how you are. We can talk about Window-boy tonight.” She‟d bought herself a few hours at least. She was not going to give Mike up, not after all he‟d done for her. He had saved her life, no matter how much Angie scoffed at that. He‟d waited with her for hours in hospital, when most men would have been off like a shot the moment they realised they weren‟t going to get a shag. And he hadn‟t tried it on in the cab (although, to be fair, he must have known that she wouldn‟t be up for it with two suspected broken ribs and concussion). The door slammed downstairs. Angie had gone. Kate retraced her steps to the spare-bedroom. Despite her recent feed, the Craving was still there. Maybe just half a cup more, to help her sleep....

It was dark when she awoke. She‟d slept all day. She switched the bedside lamp on. There was a bar of chocolate on her bedside cabinet, with a post-it sticker on it saying “Sorry”. Cheapskate. She could at least have bought her a box of chocolate liqueurs. There was a choking sound from downstairs. It sounded like a vomiting cat. Angie? No. If she was in the house, she‟d be sitting on the bottom of the bed, waiting for her to wake up.  That just left Clive. She was in her dressing-gown and down the stairs in an instant. She threw open the door. Clive was awake again, thin watery vomit all over his face, soaking into the bed-sheets. He was gagging on it. What were you supposed to do, first-aid-wise? Turn him on his side; put him in the recovery-position. Bit tricky, with handcuffs on both wrists. He tried to speak, but gagged again. She couldn‟t bear to see him like this. She was well aware of the irony. She was happy to chain him up (well, maybe not happy, but willing to do it if it meant she could feed). She was more than willing to drain the blood from his veins to satisfy the Craving, killing him one fluid ounce at a time. But she couldn‟t cope with seeing him in physical pain. She was the same with regular food, in a way. 

She enjoyed eating meat and fish, but didn‟t like her food to look as if it had been skipping round a field or swimming in the ocean before ending up on her plate.  She left the room, closing the door behind her. He was still retching in there. She ran up the stairs, and grabbed the phone. She hated the idea of running to Angie yet again, but what else could she do? Angie would know what needed to be done. She was dependent upon her for just about everything. She was the addict, and Angie the dealer, sourcing men‟s blood for her. That was just the way it was. Angie answered on the second ring. It was almost as if she was expecting the call. She‟d be right over. It was like a doctor coming out on an urgent house-call. A thought occurred. Angie wanted Mike to come over, but knew that she wasn‟t keen on giving him up. What better way to get him here than to kill off her existing Feed? Angie knew full well that her morals would go out of the window if she was hungry enough. What better way to put Mike on the menu than to clear out the larder? She heard a key in the lock downstairs. That woman was quick when she wanted to be! She must have been waiting for the call. This was planned. This was so planned. She had been manipulated into this, just as Angie had manipulated her into just about everything else she regretted about her life. She couldn‟t face going downstairs. It wasn‟t just that she dreaded seeing Clive again; it was not wanting to see Angie any sooner than she had to. Most of the time, she loved that woman to pieces, but at other times – which were more and more frequent of late – she‟d have quite happily punched her face in. Not that she could, of course. Without Angie, she‟d be well and truly stuffed. And her friend would slaughter her in a fight, anyway. She waited. More choking. Angie‟s voice downstairs, soothing and reassuring (which almost made her laugh in the circumstances). And then silence. She waited, and then she waited some more. She resisted the urge to go and investigate. She didn‟t want to see what was down there. Eventually, Angie entered the room. She held the blue mug out to Kate. “I‟ve brought you your supper. Last of the batch, I‟m afraid.” “He‟s -?” “Very much so. Still tastes delicious though, I bet. Now get that down you. You look like you need it.” “Thank you. For coming over.” “You didn‟t fancy coming downstairs and helping me out? Worried about breaking your nails? "I‟m sorry.” Angie shrugged. “Not to worry. There‟s nothing you could have done. Besides, I‟ve saved you the best job. I don‟t envy you having to wash his pillow-case.” Kate allowed herself a small smile. “That‟s more like it,” Angie approved. “It‟s not all bad, anyway. There‟s plenty more fish in the sea.” Kate stopped smiling. She knew what was coming. “There‟s your Mike, for example. That bloke who you allegedly didn‟t feel sorry for yesterday. Window-boy. Plenty of delicious blood coursing through his veins, I bet.” Angie gave her a huge grin. They had been friends for a very long time, pretty much since they had first become neighbours. They knew each other intimately (more intimately than any man would ever know her, that was for sure!) Angie was well aware that she was starting to have feelings for Mike, even after such a short space of time. But more than that, she knew all about the Craving, and just what it did to her. Sooner or later, she‟d give in to it, even if it meant sacrificing Mike in the process. And Angie would be there, syringe at the ready, when that happened......

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Craving by Dare2Try(m): 10:25am On Nov 29, 2016
Nice story, getting more interesting but mike must not die o
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 29, 2016
Kate please babe, make sure this monster neighbour a.k.a lover a.ka.a vampire doesn't touch Mike.....*fingers crossed*

Angie is possessed I swear....Didn't I read somewhere about Angie being married? Let me check again...coz if she is indeed married, she might as well take his husband ha ah.
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 29, 2016
Dare2Try:
Nice story, getting more interesting but mike must not die o

We af to wait and see
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 29, 2016
jagugu88li:
Kate please babe, make sure this monster neighbour a.k.a lover a.ka.a vampire doesn't touch Mike.....*fingers crossed*

Angie is possessed I swear....Didn't I read somewhere about Angie being married? Let me check again...coz if she is indeed married, she might as well take his husband ha ah.

Yes ooooo baby she's married.......I wonder how she has not eaten her husband
Re: The Craving by alexblazzzer18(m): 11:49am On Nov 29, 2016
Something is bloody wrong with Angie in the head, She is d real devil here, i pity Mike's Head. Nice one Greg.
Re: The Craving by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
alexblazzzer18:
Something is bloody wrong with Angie in the head, She is d real devil here, i pity Mike's Head. Nice one Greg.

Thanks my bro, you guys keep me going

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

7 Amazing Tips To Improve Your Writing Skills Quickly / The Exchange / Why Chinua Achebe Is One Of The World's Most Important Modern Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.