Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri (54969 Views)

PHOTO EVIDENCE: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England – Reno Omo / Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With These Photos / Reno Omokri With Air Hostesses At Sofitel Heathrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by mrvitalis(m): 6:14pm On Nov 24, 2016
greenpasture:

Not only that bro

His description of the list is as dishonest as himself. This is not a list of the best universities in the UK but a list of universities with the highest number of professionals within a given time period IN the U.k. Not only is this not a list of the best universities it's date of reference is recent and does not include the period in which Kemi was in uni or even ten years after that date.

Is he saying that St George Univ of London is better than Cambridge or the London School of Economics.

Reno Omokri like FFK (who incidentally was two years my junior at uni) are a bunch of noise makers. They appeal to base divisive instincts and not common sense. What grade did FFK get in his bachelor's degree? When you see people like Reno Omokri hunting through dustbins for garbage to throw at people then you know their pedigree and where they come from. There is plenty of things to contend with this govt finance policy but an inaccurate school list? Come on.

I am amazed that people haven't seen through their posturing. So many Nigerians are so ill educated and prejudice that they will lap up any vomit their " hero" throws up.
Am humbled meeting u here sir

Reading ur comments i can feel the radiation of knowledge. . Am humbled

If u don't mind i will love to get in contact with u sir

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by Inova(m): 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
Why wont Reno be acting deranged When theres no free food to eat again.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by Omonigeriarere: 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
Grundig:

Lol. Thanks for your time bro.
You can carry on with your regular scheduled program.

It is obvious yo are so lazy when it comes to carrying out research: here is the link to prove that Jonathan Heads NEC prior to today - http://www.nigerianmuse.com/important_documents/?u=Yar_Adua_Inaugurates_National_Economic_Council_To_draw_Up_7_point_roadmap.htm

Another thread showing Osinbajo, the VP as the Chairman - http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/osinbajo-chairs-national-economic-councils-retreat-to-save-nigerias-economy/

Next time, please argue with valid points.

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 24, 2016
The globally known Forbes of university ranking in the world and the authoritative in that field is (The times higher education world university ranking (www.timeshighereducation.com) second is the QS World University Rankings by www.topuniversities.com

According to world university ranking by Qs world university ranking 2016/2017, University of East London is rated nationally (67),while in the world it is rated in the (701+) category

According to world university ranking by the times higher education it is rated nationally (71) while in the world rankings,it is in the (601-800) ranking category

for further information of ranking https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_East_London#Rankings_and_reputation

According to thecompleteuniversityguide, an authoritative in university ranking in the UK,University of East London ranks 120/125 in the Whatuni Student Choice Awards and 126th in the Complete University Guide Ranking read further https://www.whatuni.com/university-profile/university-of-east-london/3737/ in the 2017 League Table Ranking: university of East London ranks 126th

in the UK there are three recognized rankings of universities they are The Complete University Guide, The Guardian and jointly by The Times and The Sunday Times.

SO IS UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON,A UNIVERSITY ATTENDED BY OUR HOURNOURABLE FINANCE MINISTER A GOOD UNIVERSITY IN THE UK?PLEASE DECIDE FOR YOUR SELF.

I AM LAUGHING IN FRENCH,IS RENO RIGHT? PLEASE DECIDE.

ACADEMIC DEGREE DOESNT MEAN YOU GONNA BE SUCCESFUL IN THE FUTURE,
CONNECTION,LUCK AND HOW PREPARED YOU ARE,BE AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME

SHE GRADUATED IN 1989 FROM UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON,MY PEOPLE, THIS IS 2017.THE STANDARD OF THE UNIVERSITY MIGHT HAVE FALLEN,IN 1989 UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON MIGHT HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE BEST UNIVERSITY IN THOSE DAYS.

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN,KINGS COLLEGE WERE THE ELITE SCHOOLS OF THOSE DAYS,WHERE ARE THEY NOW?YOU THINK OF IT IN RESPECT TO UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON SITUATION.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by shine12: 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2016
Why is he even talking about the university that a 49 years old woman attended.The university you went to doesn't even matter 5 yrs after leaving

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by Ovokoo: 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
Unclerukus:
you're just deluded, it doesn't have to be IMF or world bank Bush man. pWC is in a league called the big four which consists of earnst & young , Kpmg and Deloitte.
What a dolt. You must think everybody lives under a rock like you. How exactly does PWC compare with the world bank or IMF?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by admax(m): 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
Not really.
Chrisx1x:
IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN COME UP WITH?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by davidif: 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
bellras:

you will do well bro by telling us why?
Abraham Einstein is the brain behind most of your physics theories. Google it for more info

Abraham or Albert??
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by sampsondeen(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
I thought Cambridge and Oxford were the best
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by Grundig: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

It is obvious yo are so lazy when it comes to carrying out research: here is the link to prove that Jonathan Heads NEC prior to today - http://www.nigerianmuse.com/important_documents/?u=Yar_Adua_Inaugurates_National_Economic_Council_To_draw_Up_7_point_roadmap.htm

Another thread showing Osinbajo, the VP as the Chairman - http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/osinbajo-chairs-national-economic-councils-retreat-to-save-nigerias-economy/

Next time, please argue with valid points.

Ordinarily I would've ignored you for show of exaggerated intelligenxe and superiority. But I will indulge yoi last time.

The same article you posted above said the following " Section 18 of the 1999 Constitution provides for the NEC to serve as advisory body to the President on the economy.". Nowhere did it say the vice presidents ate constitutionally permitted to lead the economic team. That's your first lie busted.

Lie 2; with the exception of gej and now psinbajo that I didn't question, no.other Vp has led such committee. You have tactfully failed to point out where stiku and sambo led the economic teams in their respective regimes.

My guy, at this point you can carry on with the insults. I'm done with you.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by billyG(m): 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
todaynewsreview:
n a series of Facebook Post, Reno Omokri, the former Presidential Aide has once again attacked Nigeria Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun as one of the reasons for the present economy woes in the country.

Acording to Reno:

This table shows the best universities and the worst ones in England. University of East London, the school our pretty finance minister, Kemi Adeosun , attended is number one amongst the worst. This is a former polytechnic that only became a university in 1992. Now you know why you have a recession!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210755473980254&id=1152008079
Is there anything like worst universities in Uk?i dnt think so.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by OsunOriginal: 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
freeborn76:

She attended a Polytechnic and worked with British Telecom, Goodman Jones, London Undeground Limited, London and Prism Consulting, Pricewater House Coopers and Chapel Hill Denham. Reno studied at Harvard, Stanford and Yale, yet he ended up as a spin-doctor for a barefaced thief who supervised the pilfering of our commonwealth. It is not by power, nor is it by might, it is of God who shows mercy...Reno, I expected you to know that, sebi dem say you be pastor?

Reno should be ashamed of himself if after attending all these great schools, the only job he could get was media aid to a thieving president. And since he left government, he has been jobless - Harvard graduate (wasted investment).

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by gabe: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
Kemi went to poly and has worked at PwC as senior manager and is now finance minister. Reno went to prestigous uni and is a twitter pastor who abuses people that don't give him dollars. We thank God Reno went to good school to learn how to abuse people with good english.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by vislabraye(m): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
mrvitalis:
Recession is just a symptom.... We are here because of something and no body is asking what is it.. before Buhari came in we were already in recession.. .. so the question is why.. And how long can we stay here and what can we do do get out of all

When you guys give such excuse, I only feel like laughing. If we were already in recession, why were things not as bad as it is 2 day ?
Not only is recession a symptom, it's also just a word

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by MALIK15: 11:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
He will deny it just the way he did on the issue of PMB funding the U.S Election to support Hilary Clinton
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by olayinkafuny80(m): 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
googlepikins:
is like you're mad, kemi, buhari and CBN Governor should all resign now!! It's not by speaking English she should resign now.
you dey craze your father!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by FortunateOsahon: 11:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
[s]
AreaFada2:

Koranic school students who are naturally bright nko? I'm not a bigot to condemn Koranic school students.

So you you cannot think that "to" missing is an error? Many of us actually have a job. And posting here is in between doing that.

I stand by my statement because a good friend used to be a lecturer in that school that your Kemi attended.

If anybody was coming abroad to study, chose a better university. Her getting to whatever position in Nigeria is further evidence of mediocrity in high places.
[/s]

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by bashydemy(m): 12:07am On Nov 25, 2016
mrvitalis:

Give the reason

You just gave that the hardest job cos hecan never come up with anything, None of them can come up with solution or what to do all they just come here to do is to pour their hatred.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by bashydemy(m): 12:45am On Nov 25, 2016
Ovokoo:

We're talking World Bank and IMF and you're talking priceWaterCoopoer.

PricewaterhouseCoopers is the second largest professional services firm in the world
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by ddeola: 2:35am On Nov 25, 2016
BAD BELLE ! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by baum1: 2:44am On Nov 25, 2016
jide219:
The worst university in england is better Dan the best university in Africa and Nigeria

Taa, stop that. It's not true. The top 5 schools in Africa are among the top 500 universities in the world, ahead of many UK and US universities..
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by baum1: 2:55am On Nov 25, 2016
fabienjoe:

There's a reason those school's products are not considered good enough by British employers. There's equally a reason most British leaders are Oxford trained. I won't say a lot about Kemi but it appears she is not allowed free hand to operate. It was alleged the permanent secretary in the ministry was never a civil servant but brought in from one of the northern states. This could be the one trusted. Judging her may be harsh in the circumstances. Even then, which school did other appointees attend? It's all a mess. And a very long way for Nigeria. #Stillgroping

That a school has low employment stats does not mean its products are not good enough. Many people that attended former polytechnics in the UK are still being haunted by the problem of perception. This has nothing to do with their quality. And with the few opportunities available even in the UK, the situation becomes much worse. Time and time again, given a choice, employers would prefer to hire someone of the same quality who attended a big name school than someone who attended a no name school, much less a school that only became a university few years ago.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by baum1: 3:04am On Nov 25, 2016
chronique:
That's not what I'm saying. I'm just telling you that there are ceertainly people with more experience than her... She has more experience in audit and financial advsory and honestly,I dnt think she is experienced enough to handle her position. I used my dad as a reference that despite his wealth of experience,there is the possibilty and certainty that if we are to ask people with strng cvs to come out,you'd still find people more qualified than he is. Hope you get my drift?

In life, there will always be people that are more this and more that..That does not mean that the people who are less this and less that are not qualified to do a job.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by baum1: 3:09am On Nov 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

It isn't really about the products of the Uni not being considered good enough British employers, it has more to do with the fact that the Unis at the bottom are mostly new Unis that uses to be polytechnics and they haven't been able to build the type of trust employers can vouch for. And most of them are still growing, hence they always different campuses scattered everywhere. While the ones at the top are old red brick universities employers can trust. The disparity is well outlined once you look at the names of the Unis on both lists (my alma mater is on the best list lol).

Also, in the U.K, Unis are also graded per department basis. Overall, UEL might be graded as the worst Uni but might be one of the best when it comes to Accounting. However, this won't be accounted for when you start judging it on overall basis.

Anyway, the fact that she was able to get into PwC and get to the top, despite being a product of UEL, is the most important thing here due to how competitive it's and the institutionalised racism prevalent at some of these top-tier companies. You either have to be from a solid and well connected background, attend oxbridge and a private/grammar school, or have an established career, to get into some of them. The Guardian UK newspaper is a classic example because I believe about 90% of their employees attended Oxbridge.

She has done well for herself. You had a pig who attended Harvard and MIT that failed woefully. But even without a free hand to operate - you can see that Kemi is very bright with good intentions. So, name and pedigree of institution are irrelevant here - the ability to do the job is the most important thing. Some of the smartest folks never attended the best Uni because they're late bloomers and they discovered their method of assimilation and regurgitation, which formal education is about quite late. However, that hasn't stopped them from being some of the most astute problem solvers ever.

Let me use a yank example since a lot of you are Anericophile: George Bush attended Yale University while Ronald Reagan barely had formal higher education but we all know who was the better of the two. The latter is seen as one of the greatest presidents the US ever had, while the former would have to be one of the dumbest leaders ever lol. That should tell you all you need to know.

Your post has explained it exhaustively..I had not seen it when I posted a similar but shorter response to him. I believe the statement was made out of a pure heart and hope the post has provided a good insight.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by baum1: 3:16am On Nov 25, 2016
bashydemy:

PricewaterhouseCoopers is the second largest professional services firm in the world

The guy dey voice IMF and World Bank because dem sound big. Reaching a top level at PWC is impressive. One does not have to have worked for IMF or WB to be a successful finance minister. The head of the world bank the poster is referring to is not even a finance/economics person.The other one, IMF, the head was a minister of trade in France and then something else before being appointed to head the IMF. Before the ministerial stints, she worked for a Law firm. As in a lawyer. Why do I say all these? To drive home the point that one does not need to have worked for 'IMF' and 'WB' to be qualified enough to be finance minister..

In my view, Madam Kemi is not unqualified to hold that office. I cannot begin to name many successful finance ministers around the world who either have the kind of training that Kemi had or do not even come close.. Contrary to the popular opinions, someone does not have to be a former IMF or WB or OECD worker with a fancy PhD in Economics/Finance to be a successful finance minister. Afterall, the role of a finance minister is not primarily a rigorous research role..

Anyway, I know some younger ones won't agree or want to learn. They have their opinions, lol, which is cool. But I just wanted to clearly state the above for those open to new ideas to see things from another perspective.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by Misterdhee1(m): 3:16am On Nov 25, 2016
freeborn76:

She attended a Polytechnic and worked with British Telecom, Goodman Jones, London Undeground Limited, London and Prism Consulting, Pricewater House Coopers and Chapel Hill Denham. Reno studied at Harvard, Stanford and Yale, yet he ended up as a spin-doctor for a barefaced thief who supervised the pilfering of our commonwealth. It is not by power, nor is it by might, it is of God who shows mercy...Reno, I expected you to know that, sebi dem say you be pastor?
Chai, Comment of the year. Brilliant bro!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by bigsmoke2(m): 4:40am On Nov 25, 2016
sosanova:
shocked

grin grin

Zombie Afonja defending his Recession infected Sister called Kemi Dullard Adeosun
your comment is shallow and unintelligent
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by bashydemy(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2016
baum1:

The guy dey voice IMF and World Bank because dem sound big. Reaching a top level at PWC is impressive. One does not have to have worked for IMF or WB to be a successful finance minister. The head of the world bank the poster is referring to is not even a finance/economics person.The other one, IMF, the head was a minister of trade in France and then something else before being appointed to head the IMF. Before the ministerial stints, she worked for a Law firm. As in a lawyer. Why do I say all these? To drive home the point that one does not need to have worked for 'IMF' and 'WB' to be qualified enough to be finance minister..

In my view, Madam Kemi is not unqualified to hold that office. I cannot begin to name many successful finance ministers around the world who either have the kind of training that Kemi had or do not even come close.. Contrary to the popular opinions, someone does not have to be a former IMF or WB or OECD worker with a fancy PhD in Economics/Finance to be a successful finance minister. Afterall, the role of a finance minister is not primarily a rigorous research role..

Anyway, I know some younger ones won't agree or want to learn. They have their opinions, lol, which is cool. But I just wanted to clearly state the above for those open to new ideas to see things from another perspective.

Thanks for the analysis bro, But mind you so ma ny don't even want to know how far she has gone or her achieve they just hate her based on the hatred they have for PMB.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by chronique(m): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2016
Exactly. And I think Kemi doesn't have that kind of experience needed to be a finance minister just yet.
baum1:

In life, there will always be people that are more this and more that..That does not mean that the people who are less this and less that are not qualified to do a job.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by Profgordons(m): 10:11am On Nov 25, 2016
Reno which Nigerian University has 20% of its graduates in professional employment? If you had the interest of Nigeria at heart why did you run back to the US after GEJ lost the election? Why couldn't you start at least a snail farm in your village or plant cassava to help Nigerian youths you claimed to be advising the dumb GEJ on?

Adeosun is not an economic make up artist like Ngozi. She is concerned about the figures not IMF ratings, Most won't like her because of how she is going about her job but Ngozi would be worse off with the lack of funds she's exposed to.
We are in recession but she is paying salaries, Ngozi with all the abundance was owing salaries.

Reno, my friend Isaac Adams was your special adviser on youth development and entrepreneurship, we both graduated from Kaduna Polytechnic, if Polytechnic graduates are dull like you claim and you had one as your adviser for your core job, then you are the dumbest shit ever known to man, come back to Naija if you care or leave us to mend the tire you punctured. Ole!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Attended The Worst University In England - Reno Omokri by baum1: 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
chronique:
Exactly. And I think Kemi doesn't have that kind of experience needed to be a finance minister just yet.

No, not exactly. The point is that if you get someone whom you think can do a job, there will always be someone more qualified somewhere. Sometimes the loop is never ending. Mrs Kemi is not unqualified to do the job of a finance minister based on the track records of some other finance ministers across the globe that I have read about. Whether she is doing the job well is another discussion. You can put a PhD Econs/Finance from MIT in her current role and if the current circumstances hold sway, that PhD person will under perform.

If you have 5 credits, I mean five C6, does that mean you are less qualified to enter a Nigerian university than someone with 9 A1's? The criterion for holding an office is the ultimate determinant of whether or not a person holding that office is qualified, not some open ended subjective opinions..Subjectivity has no end...They call it normative view.

Lol, this is similar to an argument I gave my guy last year..The guy wanted to get a PhD in finance to get high a position in finance, lol. Fair enough, sha. When I told him that many of those high finance jobs are overseen by people with BSc, he debated, until I showed him proofs. These are the people that the PhD efikos from name the university report to, loool. Does it mean these 'less educated ogas' are not qualified enough for their positions? You definitely know that is not true, otherwise they would have long been fired.

Anyway, I suspect you get my drift, though I won't expect you to agree with me. Having you strong opinion is fine..Reality however can sometimes be different from our opinions..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush / Onnoghen Leaves Court After CCT Banned Him For 10 Years / APC Presidential Rally: Ilorin Residents Reject Buhari, Sweeps Off Bad Luck Pics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.