Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,486 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Why You Should Start Your Pension Early - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You Should Start Your Pension Early (7247 Views)

4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian / Payporte Staff Not Paid Salary In Months – Pension And Tax Not Remitted In Years / FG Pays 81 Months Pension Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by ALAYORMII: 9:09am On Nov 25, 2016
buchilino:

MY ORGANIZATION IS INVOLVED IN D PENSION SYSTEM BUT DAT 2 LIKE PASSING HELL. MANY OF MY COLLEAGUES DAT RETRIED LAST TWO YRS HAVEN'T COLLECTED A SINGLE PENNY FROM DER PENSION ADMINISTRATOR. THEY KEEP ON GIVING EXCUSE OR OTHER. MANY HAVE STARTED BEGGING TO SURVIVE.

Get in touch with Mii on how Ur colleagues can move their pension funds to insurance and convert it to annuity which is better than what the PFAs can offer them on programmed withdrawal
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by ALAYORMII: 9:14am On Nov 25, 2016
buchilino:

I WILL TRY UR ADVICE BUT HONESTLY IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING.

You can start a savings plan with us at Mutual Benefits Life Assurance Ltd

We have very flexible plans where you can save as little as 5k monthly and it also gives you a life cover
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by micklplus(m): 9:14am On Nov 25, 2016
buchilino:

MY ORGANIZATION IS INVOLVED IN D PENSION SYSTEM BUT DAT 2 LIKE PASSING HELL. MANY OF MY COLLEAGUES DAT RETRIED LAST TWO YRS HAVEN'T COLLECTED A SINGLE PENNY FROM DER PENSION ADMINISTRATOR. THEY KEEP ON GIVING EXCUSE OR OTHER. MANY HAVE STARTED BEGGING TO SURVIVE.

Except if there are issues which you might not know about, theres no reason why a contributor at retirement should beg for his/her money.

If the person is not up 50 years, the worst the person can get is 25% now and the other balance is structured into a pension plan as soon as the person clocks 50years of age.

If you can provide other details as to why there has been delays, i will be willing to advice further.

Thanks
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 25, 2016
buchilino:

What's the name of the PFA?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 25, 2016
ALAYORMII:

You can start a savings plan with us at Mutual Benefits Life Assurance Ltd

We have very flexible plans where you can save as little as 5k monthly and it also gives you a life cover

You are so obviously desperate... someone is stating their fears and all you can think of is to flood them with your adverts.

Not a nice way to market.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by micklplus(m): 9:19am On Nov 25, 2016
buchilino:

I WILL TRY UR ADVICE BUT HONESTLY IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING.

it well and i understand how frustrating things can. Biko relax, things will get better. Cheers
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by micklplus(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2016
Ariel20:

You are so obviously desperate... someone is stating their fears and all you can think of is to flood them with your adverts.

You dey mind that one?

Desperate Insurance Agens thinking the only benefit from their annuity is the little margin they pay above the programmed withdrawal while expectant of their 3-5% commission from the sweats ofthe poor beneficiary

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by buchilino(m): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2016
jossy26:
@buchilino, please can you state the pension plan your colleagues are using and what excuse is the pfa giving for not remitting their funds

I DON'T WANT 2 GO INTO DEEP DETAILS D PPLE INVOLVED MAY NOT HAPPY DAT AM TALKING ABOUT ISSUES ONLINE. BUT THEY 2 ISSUES DAT WAS AFFECTING THEM. ONE DURING DER COURSE OF SERVICE, THEY GOT PROMOTIONS. EACH TIME DER SALARY WAS INCREASED, IT WAS SUPPOSED 2 AFFECT DER CONTRIBUTIONS BUT THEY KEPT GETTING D SAME AMOUNT ON YEARLY BASES. WEN THEY 2 D PFA, D PFA CLAIMED D PROBLEM WAS MY ORGANIZATION. MY ORGANIZATION IN TURN CLAIMED DAT IT WAS D.PFAS FAULT. D 2 KEPT TOSSING THEM UP N DOWN UNTIL THEY FINALLY RETIRED. ONE WROTE A COMPLAINT 2 D PENSION BOARD, DUE 2 DAT PETITION, HIS YET 2 A SINGLE PENNY COS THEY GAVE HIM D FLIMSY EXCUSE DAT DER INVESTIGATING D MATTER. AT D MOMENT D MAN IS BEGGING THEM 2 PAY HIM N FORGET ABOUT D PETITION. HIS YET GET A PENNY. I HOPE U CAN GIVE AN ADVICE DAT MIGHT BE HELPFUL TO HIM.
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by buchilino(m): 9:32am On Nov 25, 2016
Ariel20:

What's the name of the PFA?
CRUSADER PFA
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by missunknown: 9:51am On Nov 25, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]
My mum used Trust Fund and now she is retired because of her kidney failure, she requested that all her money be paid to her to enable her do a kidney transplant and they refused saying they can only pay her 120-150k a month till infinity but if she dies they will pay her beneficiary or next of kin the whole 18million. Is that fair? Mtcheeew i rather keep throwing my money into a fixed account or invest in property.
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by engrshakespeare: 9:56am On Nov 25, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Pension makes little to NO sense in a country like ours

first, inflation eats at pension badly; so a pension you saved for 30 years or more would be worth far less when it's time to start withdrawing it and you can't even withdraw everything at once, they'll be giving you bit by bit while charging you fees and using every trick in the book to metamorphically swindle you

secondly, Pension managers HATE it when a client of theirs is due to start receiving his/her money, they'll start frustrating such a person by asking for documents here and there hoping you'll die before getting all those documents, its even worse when the owner of the pension is dead and its the family members/next of kin that wants to start taking what's Thiers

I think you are grossly misinformed, I also ran a pension scheme when I was a bank staff, by the time I resigned in 2012, the balance was about 380k. Lo and behold I went to collect my statement last week and it was 800k. When money more than doubles in 4 years nd ur still talking inflation. this is sound info, u better internalize it.
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by oneolajire(m): 9:59am On Nov 25, 2016
Pension my shit

Save for others to steal? Are you not in Nig? Haven't you seen how pensions have been stolen over and over again with few or nobody to punish?

My major hathred for pension is DEPRECIATION. Imagine if as a junior cadre staff,10% of my salaries were saved between the last 20 and 30 yrs. How much would they worth today compared to if I had invested them in acquiring a piece of land of any other meaningful buz?

I even hate saving for banks/pension administrators to trade with my money when I have meaningful projects.

Ask yourself, how will Mark Zuckerberg earn pension when he retires? Does he need pension? That is what helps individuals and nations, I mean developing people who can pay themselves later in life.u
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by sweetilicious(f): 11:47am On Nov 25, 2016
I declined when the form was given to me at first but at the end of it all, i saw it as a future investment
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by ALAYORMII: 6:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
Ariel20:

For advertising the company I work with makes Mii desperate??

I was trying to proffer a solution to their problem and you say am desperate

Use Ur money and do mmm so I don't come across as a desperate marketer
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by anaton(m): 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
Leadway Pensure PFA is the ideal pension fund Administrator for ME.They pay promptly and personalize their service.
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by Flashh: 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
XploraBen:
Okay.

In other news,today is my birthday.
Show me some likes. cheesykiss

#Nov25thborn
Happy belated wish to your birthday bro! LLNP.

You're blessed! smiley
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by XploraBen(m): 12:28am On Nov 27, 2016
Flashh:
Happy belated wish to your birthday bro! LLNP.

You're blessed! smiley
Thanks brotherly.God bless you too.
Re: Why You Should Start Your Pension Early by jossy26: 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
buchilino:

I DON'T WANT 2 GO INTO DEEP DETAILS D PPLE INVOLVED MAY NOT HAPPY DAT AM TALKING ABOUT ISSUES ONLINE. BUT THEY 2 ISSUES DAT WAS AFFECTING THEM. ONE DURING DER COURSE OF SERVICE, THEY GOT PROMOTIONS. EACH TIME DER SALARY WAS INCREASED, IT WAS SUPPOSED 2 AFFECT DER CONTRIBUTIONS BUT THEY KEPT GETTING D SAME AMOUNT ON YEARLY BASES. WEN THEY 2 D PFA, D PFA CLAIMED D PROBLEM WAS MY ORGANIZATION. MY ORGANIZATION IN TURN CLAIMED DAT IT WAS D.PFAS FAULT. D 2 KEPT TOSSING THEM UP N DOWN UNTIL THEY FINALLY RETIRED. ONE WROTE A COMPLAINT 2 D PENSION BOARD, DUE 2 DAT PETITION, HIS YET 2 A SINGLE PENNY COS THEY GAVE HIM D FLIMSY EXCUSE DAT DER INVESTIGATING D MATTER. AT D MOMENT D MAN IS BEGGING THEM 2 PAY HIM N FORGET ABOUT D PETITION. HIS YET GET A PENNY. I HOPE U CAN GIVE AN ADVICE DAT MIGHT BE HELPFUL TO HIM.

Bro, the organisation is the problem here not the pfa cos if they are serious and sure they have remitted the funds to the pfa they will show evidence and can on your behalf ask the pfa questions; remember it's contributory pension and your employer contribute as well on your behalf

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things To Consider Before Joining The Military / Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! / 1,500 Nigerians Lose Jobs In Julius Berger Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.