Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba (20947 Views)

My Experience Buying Redmi Note 9s From Slot Online / Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour / Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Youngpo413: 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
brainpulse:
94% of goods sold at Abia are very fake.
not my beloved Abia.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Senorprinz(m): 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
brainpulse:

and how did you arrive at that statistics, how many goods from abia state have you sampled? you're just being stereotypical.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Alhajipablo(m): 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hmm
These niggurs will be the bane of Biafra
#I stand with Biafra
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by adeniyi3971(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Some days ago, I decided to get a new phone and I had to choose between buying from Jumia or buying from a shop, I chose the latter as it was going to be more fun.

As a Techie, I'd say buying things from Aba is fun and interesting but you'll have to be really smart. I also had to choose between buying in the Market (Ariaria) or going into the main town. I didn't want a too expensive phone so I placed my budget between 30-40k.

I ended up taking a bus to St Michael's Road, Aba. I walked around the shops, bargaining and I noticed something quite common among the people selling the smartphones.

They always try to make you feel like an inferior device is good. My advice is " no matter what don't listen to them" . Buy what you want and leave.

Something really funny happened at the last shop I went to :
I initially requested for a phone with a battery capacity of 3000maH and above between 30-40k. They brought out an Infinix Note 2. Looking at the device, I was really happy but always remember - you don't judge a book by it's cover. I opened the back of the phone and checked the battery, 4040maH. (quite impressive )

I turned on the phone. The boot transition wasn't too smooth, it seemed like a fake Infinix phone but I decided to investigate thoroughly before concluding.

After the phone finished booting, I opened the app drawer and went through the system apps. The icons looked bigger and lacked quality, unlike the ones in most Infinix phones.I spotted something strange again - Tecno's Boom Player installed on an Infinix Phone. I was shocked. (Chai).

The next discovery gave me a massive blow. I checked the phone's RAM Capacity and to my greatest surprise it was just 218MB while on the pack it was 2GB. I was dumbfounded. At that moment, I realized that if I didn't know anything about smartphones, I would have just bought a fake phone for about 36k and later regret it .(In this recession, it's unfair
nah).

The same fake infinix device I dropped, an unsuspecting lady, unaware of my discovery picked it up and started asking about the price. I shook my head in pity. I always stay out of trouble so i couldn't tell her she was about to buy a fake phone in front of the shop owner.

I decided to overlook the battery capacity and get another phone. I looked around the shop and spotted a TECNO W4 with a 2500maH battery, I went through the phone and everything was okay. I paid for it and left. (I bought the phone for N32,000). On my way out of the shop a guy met me and asked if I wanted to install apps on the phone so I decided to play along.

I asked how much to install WhatsApp and Facebook. The guy told me N500. I laughed and told him not to worry, maybe next time. If only he knew what I was saying in my mind. (hehehe.. You don't know who you're talking to.)
I just took a bus home.

That was quite an adventure . If you're not smart you may end up with a fake phone.
Lesson - If you're not good in detecting good smartphones always go with someone who knows about it. All that glitters is not Gold.

luckily I got W4 for 22,500 when it newly came out from yudala nice pick I must say... good you were smart enough to investigate thoroughly else...... umm

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by delishpot: 8:14pm On Nov 24, 2016
Basildvalour:
Warning:

If you want to buy phones in Aba, please avoid St. Michael Hustlers. Buy from a registered phone dealer or better still go to Slot, Aba.

That was how one beginner at St. Michaels wanted to sell a Camon C8 for 20k and on top of it, add a Nokia torch to it as a gift all in the name of promo.

I told him to unpack the phone so l can go through it, he refused and told me to pay first and he will unpack it. I agreed, paid and to unpack became a problem. He called a guy and told me to follow him so he can unpack it for me and install some app for me.

l just laughed, collected my money from him and disappeared to SLOT.

You shouldn't have even paid before hand. You are lucky you we're able to make them give you back your money

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by dominique(f): 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
212MB RAM ke? shocked People are wicked o
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Baroba(m): 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
dominique:

Lol, not even 512mb..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by iykekelvins(m): 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
That's how I saw an iPhone6 that has Xender grin
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by shawylux(f): 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
This your experience or adventure is biased. I bought my infinix hot 4 at St Michael's last month and it was the right one with no issues. Maybe you entered one corner corner shop.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Bishops10(m): 8:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
Basildvalour:
I wise pass like that na
lol....I bought my current phone at St Michaels too
your experience and mine are very similar
if not that I'm not new to smartphones,I would have been given a China phone at 21k

chai.....memories

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by airsaylongcon: 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2016
Op, liked most of your writeup. I work in the mobile device business and had reason to be at St. Michael's lately. One thing though, I wouldn't have been surprised if I find a Boom Player on an Infinix. First of all Boom Player is readily available on the Google Play Store. Secondly both Tecno and Infinix are made by the same company

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
If u no be nwa Aba, u no go understand the hustle.

Aba boys too sharp...
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by nwadiuko1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
brainpulse:
are you okay?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Eleniyan15: 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
airsaylongcon:
Op, liked most of your writeup. I work in the mobile device business and had reason to be at St. Michael's lately. One thing though, I wouldn't have been surprised if I find a Boom Player on an Infinix. First of all Boom Player is readily available on the Google Play Store. Secondly both Tecno and Infinix are made by the same company

you chop witch

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Basildvalour(m): 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
delishpot:

You shouldn't have even paid before hand. You are lucky you we're able to make them give you back your money
Where could he have gone with the money? Only one scream of "thief" will set the Aba boys ready to take him down.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
NormalCodes:

Aba boys too sharp...
grin grin
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
shawylux:
This your experience or adventure is biased. I bought my infinix hot 4 at St Michael's last month and it was the right one with no issues. Maybe you entered one corner corner shop.
I bought the W4 from the same shop. You probably didn't get your hands on the fake one.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:06pm On Nov 24, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Thanks for the heads up but I haven't seen any infinix phone with boom player pre-installed

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
dominique:
I swear!
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 24, 2016
Basildvalour:
Warning:

If you want to buy phones in Aba, please avoid St. Michael Hustlers. Buy from a registered phone dealer or better still go to Slot, Aba.

That was how one beginner at St. Michaels wanted to sell a Camon C8 for 20k and on top of it, add a Nokia torch to it as a gift all in the name of promo.

I told him to unpack the phone so l can go through it, he refused and told me to pay first and he will unpack it. I agreed, paid and to unpack became a problem. He called a guy and told me to follow him so he can unpack it for me and install some app for me.

l just laughed, collected my money from him and disappeared to SLOT.

Even slot no sure sef, their engineers are the criminals. U just have to be aware, that's all.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by dadabashua1(m): 9:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
NormalCodes:

Aba boys too sharp...
i don't call cheating sharpness... but rather wickedness and evil, tell God on that day that you are just bin sharp.. make u see the kind slap angel gibo go fire that person.... lolz.... nothing personal just my opinion bro.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by budosky(m): 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
Eleniyan15:

you chop witch

For ur info' Tecno n infinix are produced by the same company.. Just a change of cloth smiley
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Eleniyan15: 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
budosky:

For ur info' Tecno n infinix are produced by the same company.. Just a change of cloth smiley

I know man
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Mpanyi: 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2016
PhatBG:
There's this saying that if an Aba man sees Jesus. You'll get a photocopy of Jesus the next day in Aba markets.gringringrin

Check my signature.

Why do people take the holy name of Jesus in vain, mostly Christians?
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Cannonleo(m): 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
as for me I am going with some soldiers 2mrw there
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by airsaylongcon: 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
Eleniyan15:

you chop witch

As how?
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by fernandoc(m): 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
brainpulse:
And how did u come about that figure. Som sharp lagos guys are getting good stuff in Aba. U dy hr mk pant dey wear u.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
but op! techno is still a fake phone to me,why not buy LG or Samsung better still a Microsoft 550 phone.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Mezenna: 10:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
You were lucky Op. Please it is not only in Aba that they sell fake products.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Prince16: 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
I tried but she wasn't looking.
Dhur! That's what u think
The babe, in her mind, could be like, "mtchewww..., who is ds one trying to chyk" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Cletus77(m): 11:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
kinggogo:
Nice buh u should av given d lady sign or smthin smiley
ladies too like big big tinz, because they ave seen who will give dem money na!
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by ArabMopol(m): 11:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Some days ago, I decided to get a new phone and I had to choose between buying from Jumia or buying from a shop, I chose the latter as it was going to be more fun.

As a Techie, I'd say buying things from Aba is fun and interesting but you'll have to be really smart. I also had to choose between buying in the Market (Ariaria) or going into the main town. I didn't want a too expensive phone so I placed my budget between 30-40k.

I ended up taking a bus to St Michael's Road, Aba. I walked around the shops, bargaining and I noticed something quite common among the people selling the smartphones.

They always try to make you feel like an inferior device is good. My advice is " no matter what don't listen to them" . Buy what you want and leave.

Something really funny happened at the last shop I went to :
I initially requested for a phone with a battery capacity of 3000maH and above between 30-40k. They brought out an Infinix Note 2. Looking at the device, I was really happy but always remember - you don't judge a book by it's cover. I opened the back of the phone and checked the battery, 4040maH. (quite impressive )

I turned on the phone. The boot transition wasn't too smooth, it seemed like a fake Infinix phone but I decided to investigate thoroughly before concluding.

After the phone finished booting, I opened the app drawer and went through the system apps. The icons looked bigger and lacked quality, unlike the ones in most Infinix phones.I spotted something strange again - Tecno's Boom Player installed on an Infinix Phone. I was shocked. (Chai).

The next discovery gave me a massive blow. I checked the phone's RAM Capacity and to my greatest surprise it was just 218MB while on the pack it was 2GB. I was dumbfounded. At that moment, I realized that if I didn't know anything about smartphones, I would have just bought a fake phone for about 36k and later regret it .(In this recession, it's unfair
nah).

The same fake infinix device I dropped, an unsuspecting lady, unaware of my discovery picked it up and started asking about the price. I shook my head in pity. I always stay out of trouble so i couldn't tell her she was about to buy a fake phone in front of the shop owner.

I decided to overlook the battery capacity and get another phone. I looked around the shop and spotted a TECNO W4 with a 2500maH battery, I went through the phone and everything was okay. I paid for it and left. (I bought the phone for N32,000). On my way out of the shop a guy met me and asked if I wanted to install apps on the phone so I decided to play along.

I asked how much to install WhatsApp and Facebook. The guy told me N500. I laughed and told him not to worry, maybe next time. If only he knew what I was saying in my mind. (hehehe.. You don't know who you're talking to.)
I just took a bus home.

That was quite an adventure . If you're not smart you may end up with a fake phone.
Lesson - If you're not good in detecting good smartphones always go with someone who knows about it. All that glitters is not Gold.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackberry 10 BBM Images Leak / Are there Blackberry Z10 Running Android 4.3 OS? / New Glo Data Plan - Get 1.2gb For N200 And 6gb For N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.