Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba (20949 Views)

My Experience Buying Redmi Note 9s From Slot Online / Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour / Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by NaijaTechGuy(m): 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
Prince16:

Dhur! That's what u think
The babe, in her mind, could be like, "mtchewww..., who is ds one trying to chyk" grin grin
lwkmd grin
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by jo997: 11:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
brainpulse:
94% of goods sold at Abia are very fake.

Don't post/type rubbish my friend.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Greenbullet(m): 11:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Yes...and yorubas will teach u to be dull in a dull way grin

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Greenbullet(m): 11:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
iykekelvins:
That's how I saw an iPhone6 that has Xender grin
ahhh

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Greenbullet(m): 11:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
let's be sincere 9 out of every 10 goods in aba is fake.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Caseless: 11:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
bustykasa:
hmmmmm
as the name goes, you're indeed bursty .
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by raziboi(m): 12:20am On Nov 25, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Some days ago, I decided to get a new phone and I had to choose between buying from Jumia or buying from a shop, I chose the latter as it was going to be more fun.

As a Techie, I'd say buying things from Aba is fun and interesting but you'll have to be really smart. I also had to choose between buying in the Market (Ariaria) or going into the main town. I didn't want a too expensive phone so I placed my budget between 30-40k.

I ended up taking a bus to St Michael's Road, Aba. I walked around the shops, bargaining and I noticed something quite common among the people selling the smartphones.

They always try to make you feel like an inferior device is good. My advice is " no matter what don't listen to them" . Buy what you want and leave.

Something really funny happened at the last shop I went to :
I initially requested for a phone with a battery capacity of 3000maH and above between 30-40k. They brought out an Infinix Note 2. Looking at the device, I was really happy but always remember - you don't judge a book by it's cover. I opened the back of the phone and checked the battery, 4040maH. (quite impressive )

I turned on the phone. The boot transition wasn't too smooth, it seemed like a fake Infinix phone but I decided to investigate thoroughly before concluding.

After the phone finished booting, I opened the app drawer and went through the system apps. The icons looked bigger and lacked quality, unlike the ones in most Infinix phones.I spotted something strange again - Tecno's Boom Player installed on an Infinix Phone. I was shocked. (Chai).

The next discovery gave me a massive blow. I checked the phone's RAM Capacity and to my greatest surprise it was just 218MB while on the pack it was 2GB. I was dumbfounded. At that moment, I realized that if I didn't know anything about smartphones, I would have just bought a fake phone for about 36k and later regret it .(In this recession, it's unfair
nah).

The same fake infinix device I dropped, an unsuspecting lady, unaware of my discovery picked it up and started asking about the price. I shook my head in pity. I always stay out of trouble so i couldn't tell her she was about to buy a fake phone in front of the shop owner.

I decided to overlook the battery capacity and get another phone. I looked around the shop and spotted a TECNO W4 with a 2500maH battery, I went through the phone and everything was okay. I paid for it and left. (I bought the phone for N32,000). On my way out of the shop a guy met me and asked if I wanted to install apps on the phone so I decided to play along.

I asked how much to install WhatsApp and Facebook. The guy told me N500. I laughed and told him not to worry, maybe next time. If only he knew what I was saying in my mind. (hehehe.. You don't know who you're talking to.)
I just took a bus home.

That was quite an adventure . If you're not smart you may end up with a fake phone.
Lesson - If you're not good in detecting good smartphones always go with someone who knows about it. All that glitters is not Gold.

you are just Lucky....!!!
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by bigtt76(f): 6:26am On Nov 25, 2016
Share your experience too pls.

Collenshy2020:
You are truly confirmed Nwa Aba, my experience at Nokia house over there is still fresh within.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by bigtt76(f): 6:32am On Nov 25, 2016
@Embolden ...you would have still tried to lure her out of it angry I understand your situation but I would still try to distract her from it. That has always been my problem with Nigerians (not you though) .....they're happy when others encounter misfortune even when they could have alerted the person to it or help prevent it.

You may be at the bus stop and you drop your money, people will see it and keep quiet cos they want to pick it up and keep or you bought something cheap, they would refuse to tell you the true price so you end up buying higher than they did ....sad though.

NaijaTechGuy:
Some days ago, I decided to get a new phone and I had to choose between buying from Jumia or buying from a shop, I chose the latter as it was going to be more fun.

As a Techie, I'd say buying things from Aba is fun and interesting but you'll have to be really smart. I also had to choose between buying in the Market (Ariaria) or going into the main town. I didn't want a too expensive phone so I placed my budget between 30-40k.

I ended up taking a bus to St Michael's Road, Aba. I walked around the shops, bargaining and I noticed something quite common among the people selling the smartphones.

They always try to make you feel like an inferior device is good. My advice is " no matter what don't listen to them" . Buy what you want and leave.

I initially requested for a phone with a battery capacity of 3000maH and above between 30-40k. They brought out an Infinix Note 2. Looking at the device, I was really happy but always remember - you don't judge a book by it's cover. I opened the back of the phone and checked the battery, 4040maH. (quite impressive )

I turned on the phone. The boot transition wasn't too smooth, it seemed like a fake Infinix phone but I decided to investigate thoroughly before concluding.

After the phone finished booting, I opened the app drawer and went through the system apps. The icons looked bigger and lacked quality, unlike the ones in most Infinix phones.I spotted something strange again - Tecno's Boom Player installed on an Infinix Phone. I was shocked. (Chai).

The next discovery gave me a massive blow. I checked the phone's RAM Capacity and to my greatest surprise it was just 218MB while on the pack it was 2GB. I was dumbfounded. At that moment, I realized that if I didn't know anything about smartphones, I would have just bought a fake phone for about 36k and later regret it .(In this recession, it's unfair
nah).

The same fake infinix device I dropped, an unsuspecting lady, unaware of my discovery picked it up and started asking about the price. I shook my head in pity. I always stay out of trouble so i couldn't tell her she was about to buy a fake phone in front of the shop owner.

I decided to overlook the battery capacity and get another phone. I looked around the shop and spotted a TECNO W4 with a 2500maH battery, I went through the phone and everything was okay. I paid for it and left. (I bought the phone for N32,000). On my way out of the shop a guy met me and asked if I wanted to install apps on the phone so I decided to play along.

I asked how much to install WhatsApp and Facebook. The guy told me N500. I laughed and told him not to worry, maybe next time. If only he knew what I was saying in my mind. (hehehe.. You don't know who you're talking to.)
I just took a bus home.

That was quite an adventure . If you're not smart you may end up with a fake phone.
Lesson - If you're not good in detecting good smartphones always go with someone who knows about it. All that glitters is not Gold.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by dayleke: 6:36am On Nov 25, 2016
LastOkpaBender:
Tribal bigotry has killed the comments section. cry

I wonder when Seun and the mods are gonna wake up and see that it is killing Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by fsb(m): 7:13am On Nov 25, 2016
Why are Nigerian traders always looking to rip off customers. I almost got scammed when buying a Nokia phone. Before paying, I decided to double check the phone so I took out the battery to confirm the correct model number was printed on the inner panel (passed). I inserted the battery and powered the device only to be welcomed by a chinese tune instead of the nokia tune we all know (failed). I entered a code to verify phone model (passed). Finally, I checked the ear phones and charger. The ear phones looked cheap and the charger was like the NGN250 chargers with red lights sold on the road with no microsoft or nokia embossed on it (failed). There was also no slot for a memory card although that was a feature printed on the phone pack (failed).

That was how I dropped the phone and left. Its just sad. Eventually, got into another shop where I bought an authentic phone. When I asked him why traders were stocking fake phones, he said the quality of phones stocked was basically due to demand (sales). The fake phones were priced at about half of the original phones and most customers did not see why they shoupd pay more when they could buy a "china" version.

All the same, the practice of importing sub-standard goods is wrong and SON and others are sleeping. They should be probed.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by scaller(m): 7:20am On Nov 25, 2016
Collenshy2020:
You are truly confirmed Nwa Aba, my experience at Nokia house over there is still fresh within.

tell us about it nah
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Abdstrakt(m): 7:42am On Nov 25, 2016
ellechrystal:
ABA things, causing wahala since 1907. Abia boys are smart o. U need to be smarter with the help of the Holy spirit . Pele
Na Ikeja boys no smart? Fake phones are everywhere, not just in ABA alone.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Abdstrakt(m): 7:46am On Nov 25, 2016
Whenever I'm interested in something that I have zero Knowledge about, I tag along with someone with enough knowledge to help me make informed decisions. I don feel bad for that woman, that is if the eventually buy the fake phone.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by delishpot: 8:10am On Nov 25, 2016
Instead of some people to condemn the act of selling fake products as originals, they are taking it as a gift, a good thing and a blessing. Is it with this eye you people want to build your biafra?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by oscarpet: 8:34am On Nov 25, 2016
Na una dey spoil business for ABA boys abi....... u won make them thief? them no even tell u say Nokia centre no dey saint micheals s again.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by olaitoro(m): 8:51am On Nov 25, 2016
Greenbullet:
it is not a crime to be foolish,but when you Dont know and use it to disturb people,then you should be executed

how does this your rant stops yorubas from ritual practises
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by AboveGod: 9:03am On Nov 25, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:

nah).

I just took a bus home.

Guy, my experience with those criminals at St Micheals made me vow never to buy anything there again. They gave me a fake camon C8,its a long story,but at the end I left the guy with my 5k out of the 32k I bought it from him. I added up the 27k he managed to give me to 43,500k and went to slot.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Noblethony(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2016
iykekelvins:
That's how I saw an iPhone6 that has Xender grin
Original IPhones now makes use of Xender, but it won't share any other thing apart from music, videos and pictures.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by ukandi1(m): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2016
kinggogo:
Nice buh u should av given d lady sign or smthin smiley

Yea .. I agree with u. My conscience would not give me peace if I didn't give her a sign. But again one needs to stay out of trouble especially if u are tall and skinny like myself without akpobi to throw quality punches and defend urself in a fight. I think I would have given her a sign if it were to be me.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Malayy(m): 9:32am On Nov 25, 2016
brainpulse:
94% of goods sold at Abia are very fake.
brainpulse brain damage. I'm not surprised
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by ukandi1(m): 9:38am On Nov 25, 2016
delishpot:
Instead of some people to condemn the act of selling fake products as originals, they are taking it as a gift, a good thing and a blessing. Is it with this eye you people want to build your biafra?

As a Biafra man, it disturbs me as well. Where is d place of God in all of these? Is this not going to undo d Biafra nation if it ever happens ? We celebrate dishonesty and criminality in d name of being smart. Honestly it kills my joy whenever I think about this

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by ukandi1(m): 9:43am On Nov 25, 2016
fsb:
Why are Nigerian traders always looking to rip off customers.

All the same, the practice of importing sub-standard goods is wrong and SON and others are sleeping. They should be probed.

I agree with u.
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by lewismeek(m): 10:05am On Nov 25, 2016
bro you no try 4 DAT Lady, but u should have gone 4 infinix hot4, de ba3 is cool,4000wh I bought it 4dat same st Michael's 42k last month. .
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Nightie(f): 10:29am On Nov 25, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Yes...and yorubas will teach u to be dull in a dull way grin

rotfl.
una no go kill pesin here jare
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by taurus14: 10:49am On Nov 25, 2016
I will narrate my sad experience after buying an inverter from jumia...so painful ....even when its under warranty....this country!!!!...hopefully seun helps me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by aisammy4: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2016
My experience was in Wuse Market, Abj. The criminal brought a dead phone and told me I only needed to Charge the battery but I didnt believe they guy. So, called a person I know to check and he guaranteed that the phone was ok meanwhile unknown to me they planned to defraud me. I purchased the phone and when I go home...it was a totally dead phone. I urgent took it back and arrested the guy.

Attimes, even people you know will gang up to cheat you. It was a very sad experience
Re: My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 25, 2016
It is better that you buy smartphone from reputable and well-known phone retailers like Slot etc.... Instead of buying from these roadside sellers of fake phones....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackberry 10 BBM Images Leak / Are there Blackberry Z10 Running Android 4.3 OS? / New Glo Data Plan - Get 1.2gb For N200 And 6gb For N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.