Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

What Really Is The Essence Of Life? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Really Is The Essence Of Life? (583 Views)

What Is The Essence Of The Share Button? / Destiny, The Essence Of Our Existence / What, Really, Is Wrong With Nigerian Pentecostalism? A Brief Look At Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Really Is The Essence Of Life? by ReubenE(m): 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
So many questions have crossed my mind of late, which I am trying really hard to give answers to. The most prominent among them is the very essence of life here on this planet.
I am familiar with the different interpretations especially the religious ones but they seem not to exhaust the fundamentals e.g life after death, the existence of Satan, why there is so much pain and suffering on earth when things could have been better etc. I know some persons would want to say it is because man committed sin, but man could have been created not to commit sin too, my opinion though.
I recently thought about life and death, especially now that death is a commonplace. I asked myself if really there is a difference between living for long and living for a short while. Either way, we'll all live to meet death.
Living for long in my opinion will only give me the opportunity to consume more food, wine, endure more pains, get more pleasures etc. While living for a short while is like throwing away a beautiful opportunity to live....either way, death is at the end of both.

One thing I have learned as a person is to make wise use of the little time I have, so that when it finally comes, I'll have no regrets.
Secondly, I have also learned that this world or this universe if I should put it that way is bigger than what we think it is, and how it works. I believe those that lived before us had a different understanding and interpretation about the world, and those that are coming after us will certainly have a different one too.
Like I was once told, there is no absolute truth....
Re: What Really Is The Essence Of Life? by gabinogem(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2016
Just breath... That's the essence of life.

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Essence Of Life? by ReubenE(m): 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
gabinogem:
Just breath... That's the essence of life.
fair n square...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NOUN Law Students Takes Council Of Legal Education Before The Senate / King Of Morocco Visits Nigeria / GOOD NEWS: FG To Increase Minimum Wage Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.