Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me (3976 Views)

Top 10 Best Torrent Apps For Android 2018 / 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction / 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by jejemanito: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
For years Torrent was my saviour, my one and only. She never failed me. She was always there for me both in good and bad times, ever loyal, as such, I was able to get my hand on anything my soul so desired whenever I felt like it.

However, the last time I downloaded through torrent was 8 months ago. Is that why she refused to harken to my voice for these past few days? I don't know

Don't get me wrong, the torrent websites - piratebay, kickass - have and are still perfectly working but the APPS have refused to download Nada!

Since monday, I've been trying to lay my hands on a Solutions Manual yet Vuze refuse to budge. I tried Flud, no way. I can't bear the thought that one day these torrent chicks might develop wing and fly away for good. No, not while I'm still in this hell hole called Nigeria where ordinary data and high speed internet is rocket science.

Good people of the Phones province of the republic of Nairaland, please, help me.

Have you experienced torrential difficulties?

If yes, how did you overcome it?

If no, any other way out?
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by Obere4u: 9:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
I thought piratebay and kickass have been taken down
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by jejemanito: 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2016
Obere4u:
I thought piratebay and kickass have been taken down

No they are still up. Just that they now hide in shadows - as evidenced by the insane number of times they change their domains and worst still the insane looking domains they choose each time they are on the run. The US authorities are pretty serious about choking them to death
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by rookidmart: 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
OP, what device are you using? Have you tried using a PC?

PS What.cd is dead too. RIP
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by jejemanito: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
rookidmart:
OP, what device are you using?
Have you tried using a PC?

PS
What.cd is dead too.
RIP

No. Android

I didn't get the bold
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
Update ur torrent client or download another torrent client. Bittorent still works for me. uTorrent also works and there are other torrent apps available.
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by rookidmart: 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2016
jejemanito:
No. Android
Flud works for me.
I didn't get the bold
What.cd was a private tracker for music.
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by Dam5reey(m): 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2016
I currently using utorrent on my android.. with thepiratebay it rock just like on PC..
search on playstore
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by jejemanito: 10:14pm On Nov 24, 2016
rookidmart:

Flud works for me.

What.cd was a private tracker for music.
Ok. Please, When last did you use flud?
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by jejemanito: 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
Thanks greenhulk. Thanks Dam5reey.
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by rookidmart: 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
jejemanito:

Ok. Please, When last did you use flud?
Last two weeks or so.
It worked then.
If different torrent apps don't work for you then it's either from your ISP or maybe the torrent isn't well seeded.
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by jejemanito: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
rookidmart:

Last two weeks or so.
It worked then.
If different torrent apps don't work for you then it's either from your ISP or maybe the torrent isn't well seeded.
OK. Thanks
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by jejemanito: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
Cc: greenhulk dam5reey

It says:

Click the µTorrent Remote Access Preferences button in the µTorrent toolbar.
Select the "Remote" section and check "Enable µTorrent Remote Access".
Choose a Computer name and password and enter it here. Click the "Apply" button. After a few seconds, you should see "Status: Accessible" or "Status: Registered". Close the preferences.

Red flags: I can't find any of the things I am supposed to click sad

Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by rookidmart: 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
jejemanito:
Cc: greenhulk dam5reey

It says:

Click the µTorrent Remote Access Preferences button in the µTorrent toolbar.
Select the "Remote" section and check "Enable µTorrent Remote Access".
Choose a Computer name and password and enter it here. Click the "Apply" button. After a few seconds, you should see "Status: Accessible" or "Status: Registered". Close the preferences.

Red flags: I can't find any of the things I am supposed to click sad
You downloaded the Remote Access app for managing/scheduling torrents on the go.
I don't think that's what you need.
This is the link to the torrent downloader:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.utorrent.client&hl=en
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by jejemanito: 11:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
rookidmart:

You downloaded the Remote Access app for managing/scheduling torrents on the go.
Thanks
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by Sanni45(m): 10:19am On Nov 25, 2016
rookidmart:

It says dis app isnot available for country.

Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Sanni45:

Try bittorent, or just download the apk.
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by rookidmart: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
Sanni45:
Download the apk file from apkmirror or apkpure.
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by iXavier: 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2016
Flud is simply the best

When I try downloading from kickass they ask for registration
When I finish on the first page, the next page requires my card details

Is this the normal way kickass is?
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by iXavier: 9:27am On Nov 26, 2016
rookidmart:

Download the apk file from apkmirror or apkpure.

Your reply to be was deleted
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by sainty2k3(m): 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2016
rookidmart:

I benefited from this post. I was able to download the same book that I planned to buy for 40k free of charge. Thanks so much bro

1 Like

Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by rookidmart: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
iXavier:

Your reply to be was deleted
I don't understand why o.
I was banned also..

In the former post that was deleted, I said you shouldn't input your card details on any torrent site
Kickass is down, so any site that bears the name is most likely a phishing site.
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by Abcruz(m): 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
Pls i'll be more than grateful if someone can give me a good torrent site to download books. Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by Abcruz(m): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
sainty2k3:

I benefited from this post. I was able to download the same book that I planned to buy for 40k free of charge. Thanks so much bro
pls from which torrent site did u download the book?
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by rookidmart: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
Abcruz:
Pls i'll be more than grateful if someone can give me a good torrent site to download books. Thanks in anticipation!
Libgen.io
Thank me later.
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by sainty2k3(m): 11:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
Abcruz:
pls from which torrent site did u download the book?
I just typed the book tittle from the torrent app and it took me to one strange site, can't even remember but I have the book now
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by Abcruz(m): 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
sainty2k3:

I just typed the book tittle from the torrent app and it took me to one strange site, can't even remember but I have the book now
oh i see! Thanks for ur responce
Re: Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me by Abcruz(m): 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
rookidmart:

Libgen.io
Thank me later.
thanks bro, i'm grateful for this.

(1) (Reply)

5 Smart Phones With Best Cameras In Nigeria / Leagoo M8 Pro Slow Charge Fix / What's Killing Your Battery? Android's Top 10 Performance-sapping Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.