Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? (1115 Views)

See The Reason My Girlfriend Of 3yrs Is Breaking Up With Me, Screenshot Added / Is This Worth Betrayal Or Jealousy?..help / I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by beck500(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2009
I went to check my gf in Covenant University yesterday, she was happy to see me and all that, the firs statement she made was " Do you still love ", although she said it smiling and it sounded jokingly, so I would not know if she was serious or not.

I replied back to her, saying Yes I do. We gisted for a while and then she said there's something she wanted to gist me about. I said what is it, she said that there's this Ibukun guy he is tripping for, but that she has to control herself in order for the guy not to know she is tripping. She also stated that the guy is 4 months her junior in age, and that he is very cute. Nairalander's I'll be sincere, as a guy I know there are alot of more attractive guys that me, but I hate it when my gurl is attracted to some1 else, I know for sure some guys on NL would feel me on this aspect. I now tested her saying, go out with him if u want, that dnt mean I do not love you, she said No that she cant, that its because of me she will never date any other person.

Nlander's I am beginning to feel uncomfortable with what she told me, I am already feeling hurt that she is tripping for a guy, she even said she had to sing well in a choir session in order for the guy to notice her. My hand just dey fall inside of me. I really love this girl and I dnt want to be hurt, is it worth breaking up with her now before I get dumped? Because if she dumps me, my life will be shattered into a million pieces. sad

Thanks all!!
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 07, 2009
You're even lucky she told you.Don't see shit wrong there.You will always admire others doesn't mean you want to be with them.But statistically speaking most adolescent relationship are bound to fail so enjoy while it last.Cuz it won't unless you getting married.So expect the worse.I like being subtle.
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by 190yaris1: 11:36am On Nov 07, 2009
beck500:

I went to check my gf in Covenant University yesterday, she was happy to see me and all that, the firs statement she made was " Do you still love ", although she said it smiling and it sounded jokingly, so I would not know if she was serious or not.

I replied back to her, saying Yes I do. We gisted for a while and then she said there's something she wanted to gist me about. I said what is it, she said that there's this Ibukun guy he is tripping for, but that she has to control herself in order for the guy not to know she is tripping. She also stated that the guy is 4 months her junior in age, and that he is very cute. Nairalander's I'll be sincere, as a guy I know there are alot of more attractive guys that me, but I hate it when my gurl is attracted to some1 else, I know for sure some guys on NL would feel me on this aspect. I now tested her saying, go out with him if u want, that dnt mean I do not love you, she said No that she cant, that its because of me she will never date any other person.

Nlander's I am beginning to feel uncomfortable with what she told me, I am already feeling hurt that she is tripping for a guy, she even said she had to sing well in a choir session in order for the guy to notice her. My hand just dey fall inside of me. I really love this girl and I dnt want to be hurt, is it worth breaking up with her now before I get dumped? Because if she dumps me, my life will be shattered into a million pieces. sad

Thanks all!!

see poster
me tink that u shouldnt worry yourself
ure girl loves u and for her to open up and tell
you that she loves u then there aint no big deal~
if she hadnt tell u,wud u have known
never,
me tink that even u as a guy trip 4 other girls
as well,its jst reciprocal so dnt bug yourself that much
u shud be happy that the guy aint interested in ur girl cos
that wud have auto given him the green lite but since she's the
only person secretly trippin then no biggie deal~
play on she loves u
dats my advice

peaceout~
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by Godmother2: 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2009
190.yaris:

see poster
never,

u shud be happy that the guy aint interested in your girl cos
play on she loves u
dats my advice

peaceout~

Exactly.It happens sometimes in a relationship but it doesnt mean she doesnt love you
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by Macgreat(m): 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2009
. . .Hmmm
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by whitesturd(f): 1:11pm On Nov 07, 2009
190.yaris:

see poster
never,
play on she loves u
dats my advice

peaceout~

ehn ehn 190.so u can make sense like dis.dts gud.keep it up.

OP.i think ur gfriend is beinh truthful to u.ask ursef does she have to tel u if she doesnt still luv u.?
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by MoneyRule(m): 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2009
Clearly, she does love you but generally, crushes like this do not end well for the boyfriend especially if the guy in question knows she has a crush on him and has got game.
In my own opinion, let her believe you trust she would stay faithful to you because of the love she has 4 u but, brace urself for the worst cos we all know this can go either way and hope it goes the right way.Goodluck!
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by cantell(m): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2009
@pcguru,
I agree with you. Most relationship from young people rarely last. They don't really know the true value of friendship. Most couples are not even sure of what they want. This could be the case here. So i'd advise you to enjoy it while lasts, just like pcguru said.
So long.
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by beck500(m): 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2009
pc guru:

You're even lucky she told you.Don't see shit wrong there.You will always admire others doesn't mean you want to be with them.But statistically speaking most adolescent relationship are bound to fail so enjoy while it last.Cuz it won't unless you getting married.So expect the worse.I like being subtle.  

Thats exactly what am saying. Prevention is better than cure, I fear the worse thats why I am seeking for advise,it will be more painful having to know that a more attractive guy took her away from me, I have got all the swags and love she needs, so why should looks distract her attention,however I do not know if this guy has got game like i do.

190.yaris:

see poster
never,
play on she loves u
dats my advice

peaceout~

Yes I trip for other girls but would never be with them because I have never seen any girl that can match my girls beauty, sense of humor, brilliance and all that, but she is only talking about the guys look.

MoneyRule:

Clearly, she does love you but generally, crushes like this do not end well for the boyfriend especially if the guy in question knows she has a crush on him and has got game.
In my own opinion, let her believe you trust she would stay faithful to you because of the love she has 4 u but, brace urself for the worst cos we all know this can go either way and hope it goes the right way.Goodluck!

Now you got my legs shaking as I AM TYPING. I DEY FEAR.

I forgot to add that she said she is trying to control herself so that the guy does not know she is striping, in order to avoid the guy to start worrying her. And this same girl loves to talk about us getting married once she has finished school and having a job. Any smal yarn, na marriage.
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by yme1(f): 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2009
there is nothing to worry your little head about
i would advice you love her more than ever now
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by sylve11: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2009
beck500:

Thats exactly what am saying. Prevention is better than cure, I fear the worse thats why I am seeking for advise[b],it will be more painful having to know that a more attractive guy took her away from me,[/b] I have got all the swags and love she needs, so why should looks distract her attention,however I do not know if this guy has got game like i do.

sad sad sad cool
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by iice(f): 4:59pm On Nov 07, 2009
Remember you told her to date him. . .when that happens, please avoid lamenting to us
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by danexd(m): 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2009
it is time to make your game tight!!!at least she was sincere not many girls have that virtue/though some use it to mess up lipsrsealed
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by jidesamuel(m): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2009
remember,that at times girls always like to look the thier guy's reaction to circumstances,u may later discover that she was not true about wat she told u
i like ur response though (it's not that u are ok by telling her to date the intruder) if i were u,i will later reverse the game by telling her that u have a female friend that cares so much like she does,then see her reactions wink
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by tpm(m): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2009
Dude, i like the replies so far. But just as they said, enjoy it while it lasts. The mind is very deceptive. Such secrete fantacy could cause her to step into act that could desrtoy your relationship with her. Do not rejoice she told u. She could be carried away by her feel for the guy that she didn't even know when she let the cat out of the bag. If she loves u as she claimed, then she should see u as her hero cute or no cute. Beware
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by 190yaris1: 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2009
whitesturd:

ehn ehn 190.so u can make sense like dis.dts gud.keep it up.

OP.i think your gfriend is beinh truthful to u.ask ursef does she have to tel u if she doesnt still luv u.?

what
99.9% of ma post all makes sense~

so dont let me take it out on ya~ a$$
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by missSexy: 11:32pm On Nov 07, 2009
she might love u, but it's clear that she does not respect u. there's just somethings that u don't say to ur partner. even if she doesnt do anything now, who knows what she will do in the future? so i would say u can break up with her if u want, or u can just date her for now, but not take it too serious coz it's clear that your heart is very fragile, a woman like that is not good for u. good luck
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by OAM4J: 12:02am On Nov 08, 2009
I think she is just a very sincere person, who doesn’t know how to pretend. I prefer a lady like her. Don’t worry OP, she will get over the crush, at least her head is working better than her feelings.
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by gram: 12:44am On Nov 08, 2009
honestly, i dont know how old you are but i think your girl really loves you, i also believe she is very immature, honestly, disatnce is likely to hurt your relationship in the nearest future, if she sees more of you, she will forget that guy, if she sees less of you, anything can happen, so be prepared.
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by beck500(m): 12:59am On Nov 08, 2009
iice:

Remember you told her to date him. . .when that happens, please avoid lamenting to us

Gurl are you ok? Didnt I say I tested her with that statement? And she knew later that I was only joking. Baby is my heartbeat.

danexd:

it is time to make your game tight!!!at least she was sincere not many girls have that virtue/though some use it to mess up lipsrsealed

Thats true, I have to step up my game even better.

jidesamuel:

remember,that at times girls always like to look the thier guy's reaction to circumstances,u may later discover that she was not true about wat she told u
i like your response though (it's not that u are ok by telling her to date the intruder) if i were u,i will later reverse the game by telling her that u have a female friend that cares so much like she does,then see her reactions wink

I think you have a great point here, because she has tested me times without number, but when she was telling me this, she sounded more serious and she has actually mentioned this guys name before. I also came up with my own later on, that I met a girl in Unilag, that we are just friends but that I kinda like her sense of humor, she squeezed face and grumbled. Later on told her I was kidding.

tpm:

Dude, i like the replies so far. But just as they said, enjoy it while it lasts. The mind is very deceptive. Such secrete fantacy could cause her to step into act that could desrtoy your relationship with her. Do not rejoice she told u. She could be carried away by her feel for the guy that she didn't even know when she let the cat out of the bag. If she loves u as she claimed, then she should see u as her hero cute or no cute. Beware

I have thought it through well today, I dnt think she will betray me, I go to her school at least 4 times in a month to see her, and she once told me she cnt date any1 in the school because she wont be comfortable with herself knowing fully well that she keeps appearances.

OAM4J:

I think she is just a very sincere person, who doesn’t know how to pretend. I prefer a lady like her. Don’t worry OP, she will get over the crush, at least her head is working better than her feelings.

I pray so.

gram:

honestly, i dont know how old you are but i think your girl really loves you, i also believe she is very immature, honestly, disatnce is likely to hurt your relationship in the nearest future, if she sees more of you, she will forget that guy, if she sees less of you, anything can happen, so be prepared.

Just like I said, I visit her 4 times in a month. I love her too much.
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 08, 2009
Most of the females here will probably give you advices saying she loves you and all that.My advice women are like complicated and not don't know what they want she might be joking she might not.So that's why i said enjoy while it last.Speaking from experience.Cuz in my own case from like it went to actual dating.But you know me i ain't fighting ova no woman.So move on.Peace bro.
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by iice(f): 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2009
beck500:

Gurl are you ok? Didnt I say I tested her with that statement? And she knew later that I was only joking. Baby is my heartbeat.

I've always said, people are devious. . .but good luck cheesy
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by DrLorenz1(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2009
@OP

I think if i were you, i'll go with Moneyrules' advice. The fact that she told you doesn't mean she won't do it if push comes to shove. Remember she's mentioned the guy's name before. Our emotions are unpredictable and can't be trusted. Don't fool yourself by thinking bcus you visit her regularly will stop her from doing anything bad if she wants to.

Like i like to say, girls will always crave for attention when they want to be the center of attraction. Most girls, if not all, loves and craves for attention, and she's deff looking for the guy's. . .no matter what she says. U see her 4 times a week or a month? How many times does she see the guy? Granted she might love you (am not disputing that), but the heart and head are too different things.

It's a case of the spirit willing to stay truthful to you and the body weak in following the spirit. I totally agree with MissSexy. Take things on the level and a clear head, and i believe you (your heart mostly) will come out unscathed. My advice to you is that you should hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. . .that way, if worse comes to worst, you won't be left hangin'.

Good luck man. . .
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by ruskiee(m): 10:03am On Nov 10, 2009
For all we know,there might not be any guy-just a character that she has made up to test you.
Seek out your reaction. It's not impossible as i believe girls do such sometimes.
But on the other hand if there is a guy, her telling you means she likes you a lot.

Just keep true to your feelings. She needs to know that you love her-it's your job to always assure her of this. She needs to know that she is secure with you and you with her.
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by DrLorenz1(m): 10:05am On Nov 10, 2009
iice:

I've always said, people are devious. . .but good luck cheesy

U should know abi?  grin
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by izeek(m): 10:06am On Nov 10, 2009
u have been given advance warning, u better be warned!!!
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by whitelexi(m): 10:07am On Nov 10, 2009
Your girl is on her way out, it will only depend on how long it takes this ibukun guy to realise he has her at the tip of his fingers and next thing u know, they're shagging grin grin grin  It always starts with the girl telling u "oh, there's this guy, he's quite cute, bla bla bla". I cant recall how often i've heard that line and it always has one outcome, i find my way out grin grin grin

Its a sad reality but it will happen.  Dude, have your fun now and prepare to not be surprised.
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by iice(f): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

U should know abi?  grin

Considering my age you mean? Yes i should know cheesy
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by DrLorenz1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2009
iice:

Considering my age you mean? Yes i should know cheesy

U and this your age sef! Someone said you've been 64 since 2007. Maybe you dey form senior for us i no understand grin
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by iice(f): 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2009
Well when you get to be my age. . .you'll have met all kinds of people tongue
And even if i have been 64 since 2007, it's understandable. . .it comes with the territory = frozen in time grin
Re: Is This Worth Breaking Up With Her? by beck500(m): 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

@OP

I think if i were you, i'll go with Moneyrules' advice. The fact that she told you doesn't mean she won't do it if push comes to shove. Remember she's mentioned the guy's name before. Our emotions are unpredictable and can't be trusted. Don't fool yourself by thinking bcus you visit her regularly will stop her from doing anything bad if she wants to.

Like i like to say, girls will always crave for attention when they want to be the center of attraction. Most girls, if not all, loves and craves for attention, and she's deff looking for the guy's. . .no matter what she says. U see her 4 times a week or a month? How many times does she see the guy? Granted she might love you (am not disputing that), but the heart and head are too different things.

It's a case of the spirit willing to stay truthful to you and the body weak in following the spirit. I totally agree with MissSexy. Take things on the level and a clear head, and i believe you (your heart mostly) will come out unscathed. My advice to you is that you should hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. . .that way, if worse comes to worst, you won't be left hangin'.

Good luck man. . .

I totally agree with you, we spoke yesternight and I just jokingly asked after the guy after so many minutes of talk. She said they were in the same auditorium on Sunday, that they rarely even talk cos he is a usher, and she is a choir, and that I should just forget about the issue cos it seems am getting jealous, I was like No that im just pulling her legs, she said she cnt go out with him, that she has had crushes for guys she never went out with at the end of the day, I just quickly changed the topic so it dnt sound assive am taking it serious. I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worse also.

ruskiee:

For all we know,there might not be any guy-just a character that she has made up to test you.
Seek out your reaction. It's not impossible as i believe girls do such sometimes.
But on the other hand if there is a guy, her telling you means she likes you a lot.

Just keep true to your feelings. She needs to know that you love her-it's your job to always assure her of this. She needs to know that she is secure with you and you with her.

You have a point there too, but it could be the other way round, who knows.

whitelexi:

Your girl is on her way out, it will only depend on how long it takes this ibukun guy to realise he has her at the tip of his fingers and next thing u know, they're shagging grin grin grin  It always starts with the girl telling u "oh, there's this guy, he's quite cute, bla bla bla". I cant recall how often i've heard that line and it always has one outcome, i find my way out grin grin grin

Its a sad reality but it will happen.  Dude, have your fun now and prepare to not be surprised.

You must be a very experienced dude in this relationship thingy, and I kinda like observe you have gone through the ups and downs of relationships. But your post is more on a one-way passage, it cnt be that bad like that, I mean you would have stated what u posted and also state something positive, you know not all girls that said what my girl said would do what u have posted.

I love u all that have replied. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Has Seen This / She's Killing Me! / She Says I'm Too Cool,what Should I Do? Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.