Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Must Read: The Saints & The Sinner: Gideons' Battle - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Must Read: The Saints & The Sinner: Gideons' Battle (466 Views)

Must Read: The Pervy Plumber {naughty Wife Er0tica} / The Sinner By Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey.. . My Etisalat Flash Fiction / The Saints & The Sinner : Daniel In The Lions' Den (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: The Saints & The Sinner: Gideons' Battle by trendguy: 5:27am On Nov 26, 2016
"Call a meeting already, honey!..." my wife said yet again in sheer desperation, pacing through the length and breadth of the living room, up and down in impatience! "We can even use the Friday afternoon prayers tomorrow as a means of breaking this news! Can't you see the opportunity, baby?"

"What opportunity?" I asked almost getting angry! Why do women only see things on the surface all the time? "And what news are you going to break? That we heard he did 'something' wrong?" I was already regretting telling her about Mummy Gideon's message! Moreover, Mummy Gideon had called about an hour after I returned home (to tell my wife about the new revelation), and gave me more details about her new findings. While there was a lot of hope and positivity to cling to, there wasn't anything concrete yet.

"But she told you someone told her the man has compromised?" Queendaline still persisted, "So what else do we still need?"

"You just said it -'someone told her'. That can never be enough. If we are going to break the news to the congregation or something, then we need to have more facts. Mummy Gideon only said that someone told her that the man has compromised. So what's the 'compromise'? In what way did he compromise? Wouldn't you tell people that too?"

She made a face! She was very angry, I could see, but she just didn't have a point! Mummy Gideon did tell me more than I was telling her, but if I told her everything, I would be implicating the older woman. The truth was, it was actually one of the boys she was fucking that made the new discovery. The boy's name was Ansalem, and was the second son to the newly appointed Assistant to Elder Matthew's new-look Marriage Supervisory Council - Elder Amuson. I remember seeing the man at the secret meeting that was held on Tuesday, but I didn't know he was now the assistant to Elder Matthew at the Marriage Supervisory Council.

But then, Ansalem didn't exactly get too much for us. According to Mummy Gideon, he only actually was eavesdropping on his dad's call on their way to his dad's dentist yesterday afternoon. He was on a call with someone we now suspect to be one of the members of the new-look council, and he was complaining to him of how Elder Mathew had already begun compromising barely 3 days into his new position after blowing hot at the Tuesday meeting. Ansalem didn't hear his father mention what exactly it was Elder Matthew had done wrong, but he heard his father repeatedly say that if he continued in this vein, he would report him to the Acting G.O! In fact, he was barely through with the call when they arrived at his dentist's clinic. Of course, while we may not have known what it was that Elder Matthew has done wrong, it would only be foolish not to use whatever it is, against him. That was my plan and that was Mummy Gideon's plan. But my wife wasn't seeing it that way. Instead, she kept demanding that we go public already so that it will be a case of us striking first before Elder Matthew does. While I understood that her reason was to make sure my position as District Pastor wasn't taken away before I get the chance to react, there was going to be little or nothing to back our story up if we go public now. At least, Ansalem has asked for more time to find out more!

Yet, Queendaline wouldn't listen, "I hope we don't get to regret this!..." she kept saying, while angrily rising from the sofa were she sat, and walking away hurriedly!

Continue Reading Here http://trendope.com/2016/11/must-read-saints-sinner-6-gideons-battle/

(1) (Reply)

Jammeh Must Go / Mirages And Mirrors Episode 1 / 8 Ways To Improve Your Reading Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.