Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity (26075 Views)

Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man / G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by henryhemon(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
leofab:
they are just lame.. ask them that apart from all the bogus and unattainable promises; what has changed after the death....

I hope one day you won't seek for his help. Am not arguing with you. You said they are bogus promises....You 've the right not to believe but saying what you do not know just to make your point is a sign of ignorance. Just say you don't believe in it simple n move on.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by leofab(f): 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
yusufogrin:

I wonder o
in fact tinz are now much worse than den

if Jesus come now......baba go flex flex forget say we dey sin sev
the guy go jam Oritse Femi for Quilox

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by 1miccza: 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
thesicilian:

True, but the problem is most Christians don't read their Bibles. Nowadays when pastors make scriptural references, they have to write out the verses on screen. Why? Because 1. They know their members would likely not go back home to look up those scriptures 2. Most Christians don't even bother to bring their Bibles or writing materials to church any more. They just stroll in, stroll out.

It isn't about this but about how our churches are indoctrinating and filling the people with false teachings. Today people preach their general overseer,tithes and offering more than God and our lord Jesus Christ. The keyword is "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

1 Like

Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Berrypie(f): 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
True. Like someone once preached to me, getting born-again is not an auto ticket to riches.

Truth is most churches preach for their pockets. Some are scared to speak the truth so as not to lose 'customers' members.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Donvilo(m): 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
Simply put or summarily quoted; The false gospel & teachings is the promotion of SELF-worship instead of CHRIST-worship or GOD-worship. undecided
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
Shafiiimran99:

And he said to him, Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments. What are the commandments Jesus was taking here?

It is all about LOVE, John 14:15 said if you love me, you will keep my commandments. And Jesus gave two crucial commandments that we must follow. Love God with all your might and heart then secondly love your neighbor as yourself. Remain blessed.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Rockyrascal(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
nmreports:
Great discussion.
What baffles me however is that we discuss Christianity not with the intent to correct, uplift or regenerate minds but to bring about more arguments, discord and grouse among people.

For the sake of not arguing, yes there are a lot of challenges with the church today but more importantly, with us... who without passion and love and reverence for Christ only say without doing.

Let us begin to strive to be perfect, working out our own salvation before speaking against things we do not totally have control over.
Our own life and eternity however is in our hands. Work it out in all humility, with support from the spirit of God and guard it with all jealousy.
Thank You very much.....its been long I read a sensible post like this one on religion section .
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by An2elect2(f): 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
Very well said.

I had to part ways with a very good friend, supposed christian, who strongly believed and still believes all christians had to be rich. As it is our inheritance bla bla

We argued back and forth and at a point i chipped in a question ; If she also considered people like Bill gates, Mark zukerberg to be christians.

She said they were christians, because if they weren't they wouldnt be wealthy! smiley

Well that day was the end of our years of being friends.

1 Like

Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by nmreports: 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
Rockyrascal:
Thank You very much.....its been long I read a sensible post like this one on religion section .

Glad it made sense.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Emassive(m): 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
The pastors that preach these things are well glorified by the media because they stock hell with more people for them. T D Jakes, Joel Osteen, Paula White and the likes. You will never find holiness around them but you will Hollywood and all the satanism that comes with it

thesicilian:
Whether this article was written by an atheist or a Christian, I think I agree with this article. Feelings over faith is toxic, and the notion given by most churches that once you become born again, your life will automatically change to this sweet sailing lifestyle is one reason why many new Christians easily get fed up with the whole process when things aren't going their way...
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Dhugal: 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I am not a Christian, I'm a deist, but it will anger you even more to know that not all the letters of St. Paul are even authentic. Although I am non religious, it will be foolish to ignore the fact that the person called 'Jesus', if he ever existed or not, gave some good guidelines for human morality with a few exceptions. Just like Buddha, Zoroaster, Confucius, etc. Most of these were clearly contradicted by the 'letters' of St. Paul. Hell, the synoptic gospel isn't even reliable. . .Look for the Gospel of Thomas or the Gospel of Barnabas (Removed by the Roman Catholic church) and just try to go through them. Or at least read summaries from people who have read them completely.

The Gospel of Thomas is a collection of loggias or sayings of Jesus and actually confirm all Jesus was quoted to have said in the Synoptic gospels.
Reason why it was not included in the by Bible compilation was that its authorship could not be confirmed,not its provenance.
There is not and never has been any book called the Gospel of Barnabas.
For one so quick to accuse others,you really are confoundedly ignorant.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Emassive(m): 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Pastor G Craige Lewis is been preaching the truth about Christians exodus back into Egypt... This is very true by the Ops. Thanks
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by thecultivateur(m): 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
An2elect2:
Very well said.

I had to part ways with a very good friend, supposed christian, who strongly believed and still believes all christians had to be rich. As it is our inheritance bla bla

We argued back and forth and at a point i chipped in a question ; If she also considered people like Bill gates, Mark zukerberg to be christians.

She said they were christians, because if they weren't they wouldnt be wealthy! smiley

Well that day was the end of our years of being friends.

My dear, this shows that you & your friend are not heading the same path in the road of life even though both of you are professing the same faith. Continue to pray for her so that the Lord will direct her steps to the path of truth again. That is all that you can do for her, not just as a friend but also as a true child of God. Meanwhile I'll continue to encourage you to hold on to that which the Lord has entrusted to you: THE TRUTH. Your whole life & that of the well-being of your family depends on it. May the grace of the Lord be with you.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dhugal:

The Gospel of Thomas is a collection of loggias or sayings of Jesus and actually confirm all Jesus was quoted to have said in the Synoptic gospels.
Reason why it was not included in the by Bible compilation was that its authorship could not be confirmed,not its provenance.
There is not and never has been any book called the Gospel of Barnabas.
For one so quick to accuse others,you really are confoundedly ignorant.
Actually, YOU are the ignorant one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas

Of course, those are the reasons they will tell you. . . but have you done your research? Please don't try to sound so high and mighty when you actually don't know much of what you're talking about.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Dhugal: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Actually, YOU are the ignorant one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas

Of course, those are the reasons they will tell you. . . but have you done your research? Please don't try to sound so high and mighty when you actually don't know much of what you're talking about.
Wiki,that's your source?.
For real?.
Man,your ignorance has no part 2.
Did you even read the wiki page you're so quick to wave as your evidence?.
The bible was first compiled at the Council of Hippo,393 and your so-called Gospel of Barnabas manuscript first surfaced in the 16TH CENTURY, in ITALIAN. Not Aramaic nor Greek,not even Latin.And written in conformity/synchronicity with Islamic texts?
Man,get back in class.This time,stay there and learn.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dhugal:

Wiki,that's your source?.
For real?.
Man,your ignorance has no part 2.
Are you really this dumb? A google search will save you from all this embarrassment na. The Gospel of Barnabas can even be downloaded on the play store. I originally read about it in the book 'Lost Christianities' by an American professor and then did my research.

As opposed to you saying it does not, and has never existed. You have absolutely NO idea of what you're saying.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Dhugal: 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Are you really this dumb? A google search will save you from all this embarrassment na. The Gospel of Barnabas can even be downloaded on the play store. I originally read about it in the book 'Lost Christianities' by an American professor and then did my research.

As opposed to you saying it does not, and has never existed. You have absolutely NO idea of what you're saying.
Not only are you dumb,but your idiocy has no equal.
BTW,I see you quickly dropped reference to the Gospel of Thomas.Not only did you not know anything about it,but it would have clobbered you to death with it implied support of the Canonical gospels.
An excerpt from it:
'Let one who seeks not stop seeking until one finds.When one finds,one will be disturbed.When one is disturbed,one will be amazed and reign over all'.(ref Luke 11:9,Matthew 7:7-cool.

For any other person following this narrative, his so-called Gospel of Barnabas exist in a 16th century manuscript,written in Italian,Islamic websites and in an 18th century partial manuscript.
The bible,on the other hand was first compiled at the Council of Hippo,393AD.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by An2elect2(f): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
thecultivateur:

My dear, this shows that you & your friend are not heading the same path in the road of life [s]even though both of you are professing the same faith[/s]. Continue to pray for her so that the Lord will direct her steps to the path of truth again. That is all that you can do for her, not just as a friend but also as a true child of God. Meanwhile I'll continue to encourage you to hold on to that which the Lord has entrusted to you: THE TRUTH. Your whole life & that of the well-being of your family depends on it. May the grace of the Lord be with you.
Thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dhugal:

Not only are you dumb,but your idiocy has no equal.
BTW,I see you quickly dropped reference to the Gospel of Thomas.Not only did you not know anything about it,but it would have clobbered you to death with it implied support of the Canonical gospels.

For any other person following this narrative, his so-called Gospel of Barnabas exist in a 16th century manuscript,written in Italian,Islamic websites and in an 18th century partial manuscript.
The bible,on the other hand was first compiled at the Council of Hippo,393AD.
I didn't drop any reference to the book of Thomas, I told you that all you've heard is from one source, investigate and do proper research as to why it wasn't included in the bible. Learn about the Piso family and the new testament.

As for the Gospel of Barnabas, whether it is fake or not is not the bone of contention. The same could be said about various letters of Paul. You are intellectually dishonest, trying to shift the goalposts here! The fact is that it existed and you claimed nothing of such ever existed.
So I have no more reason to argue with you because I'm not interested in your flowery nonsense when in reality you probably just googled the little information you're coming to spew here.

1 Like

Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by ogaprime(m): 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

The bolded is one of the major reasons why people get discouraged and fall away, because what they were told isn't what they experienced.

Christianity is not a bed of roses. Anyone who wants to follow Christ, must take up his cross and follow him.

What most people do not know is, when you leave the camp of the devil and declare for Jesus, the devil will do everything within his power to make your life a living hell, just to frustrate you and make you believe you made the wrong choice.

Notwithstanding the challenges in being a Christian, one thing is sure, and that is victory in the end. No matter what comes our way as Christians, if we can trust and be fixated on God, we shall always overcome.

At the bolded, that's what most people don't know. Those are not religious are rich and prospering, what they don't know is that "a ram being feed nicely in a barn yard everyday is for meat on day" so they compare enjoyment to suffering
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Dhugal: 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I didn't drop any reference to the book of Thomas, I told you that all you've heard is from one source, investigate and do proper research as to why it wasn't included in the bible. Learn about the Piso family and the new testament.

Oh Jeez.
Atop being dumb,you turn out a liar too.A very bad one,at that
I quoted you the first time,no way you can edit that post now.Your words are now on the marble,so to say.

Pray tell,how could a relatively recent concoction have existed when the bible itself was compiled in the 4th century?.
Heck,scholars both Christian,muslim and secular had consigned it to the bin it belonged,excepting the Islamic fundamentalists who concocted it in the first place.
You do well to leave this thread and run,child.This proved way over your grade.
Now,like I'd advised earlier,get back in class,stay there and learn.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Auki: 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
Paul hijacked Christianity. He replaced pure Jesus teaching with paganism.

Jesus pure is for mankind to worship only one God, as preached by Mosses, Abraham, Muhammed.

Paul teaching include Trinity, original sin, begotten son and other weird concept that they attributes to mystery.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Auki: 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2016

Jesus pure teaching is for mankind to worship only one God, as preached by Mosses, Abraham, Muhammed.

Paul teaching include Trinity, original sin, begotten son and other weird concept that they attributes to mystery.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Auki: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2016

Jesus pure teaching is for mankind to worship only one God, as preached by Mosses, Abraham, Muhammed.

Paul teaching include paganistic idea like Trinity, original sin, begotten son and other weird concept that they attributes to mystery.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Donvilo(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
Interesting topic
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dhugal:

Oh Jeez.
Atop being dumb,you turn out a liar too.A very bad one,at that
Maybe English comprehension is not your forte! Here is what I said about your response on the book of Thomas which is on this thread for anyone to see:

Of course, those are the reasons they will tell you. . . but have you done your research?

Pray tell,how could a relatively recent concoction have existed when the bible itself was compiled in the 4th century?.
Heck,scholars both Christian,muslim and secular had consigned it to the bin it belonged,excepting the Islamic fundamentalists who concocted it in the first place.
You do well to leave this thread and run,child.This proved way over your grade.
Now,like I'd advised earlier,get back in class,stay there and learn.
Oh please, spare me the bullshit. You said the book of Barnabas does not exist, now you said it existed, but its fake. I think you're the real liar here! I first heard about the book of Barnabas from a Christian Professor of Theology who had specifically researched the bible for 30 years! You're getting your 'info' from some Christian websites that popped up after a google search. What has shown that you're not worthy of an argument is how you so quickly trued desperately to move the goalposts when you saw that you were wrong. You said it DID NOT EXIST. Now you're telling me nonsense stories. Please do not quote me again.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Dhugal: 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Maybe English comprehension is not your forte! Here is what I said about your response on the book of Thomas which is on this thread for anyone to see:

You said the book of Barnabas does not exist, now you said it existed, but its fake. I think you're the real liar here! Please do not quote me again.
Child of idiocy,I don't need to conduct further research on the Gospel of Thomas,I have a copy here.
The Gospel of Barnabas,as you posited,does not exist.Your concoction never stood the light of scrutiny.
The other acknowledged, but non canonical gospels include the Gospel of Mary,Gospel of Philip,Act of Peter,Testimony of Simon.Heck,there's Act of Barnabas too,but never Gospel of Barnabas
You really are not bright at all.Not a sharp tool in your family shed,I'm sure
You first read about it in a book,now it's a 'professor' of Christian studies.
Dude,the first rule about being caught in a hole is to stop digging.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dhugal:

Child of idiocy,I don't need to conduct further research on the Gospel of Thomas,I have a copy here.
The Gospel of Barnabas,as you posited,does not exist.Your concoction never stood the light of scrutiny.
The other acknowledged, but non canonical gospels include the Gospel of Mary,Gospel of Philip,Act of Peter,Testimony of Simon.Heck,there's Act of Barnabas too,but never Gospel of Barnabas
My concoction? I laugh! This is getting really funny. You keep putting your ignorance on display! There is an Act of Barnabas, an Epistle of Barnabas, as well as a Gospel of Barnabas. Its better to plead the fifth and admit your ignorance on a topic instead of further ridiculing yourself. It exists, my friend. Scanned leaflets are included in the book Lost Christianities. Whether or not it is authentic as the old testament book of Enoch, or as fake as many of the 'letters' of Paul is not what we're talking about. It exists, and you claim nothing of such has ever existed. Ignorance is a DISEASE.
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by Dhugal: 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

My concoction? I laugh! This is getting really funny. You keep putting your ignorance on display! There is an Act of Barnabas, an Epistle of Barnabas, as well as a Gospel of Barnabas. Its better to plead the fifth and admit your ignorance on a topic instead of further ridiculing yourself. It exists, my friend. Scanned leaflets are included in the book Lost Christianities. Whether or not it is authentic as the old testament book of Enoch, or as fake as many of the 'letters' of Paul is not what we're talking about. It exists, and you claim nothing of such has ever existed. Ignorance is a DISEASE.
Such an object of pity you are.
Again,first rule about being caught in a hole or pit is to stop digging.
And no,I'm not falling for that your shiny object strategy.Works only on kids like yourself
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by validstar1: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
Why are Muslims like this?....when did Jesus talk about circumcision in d Bible??... Paul was actually addressing d issue that circumcision does not guarantee making u a good person as d Jews commonly believed.
Where in d Bible did Paul give d name "Christian" to d followers of Christ..... In actual fact,the people saw d uniqueness of the disciples/followers and named them Christians.
Why do u hate the person of Paul to the extent of bastardizing him at every given opportunity?
Re: 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity by validstar1: 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
MarshalABS:
it is d truth. Christianity is more dan 70 percent d teachings of paul. How many books were written by paul?15?16?17? Check again. Jesus dat supposedly own d bible wrote hw many books? Jesus said u shud circumcise, paul said u shudn't. It was paul dat gave d name christian to all d followers of jesus. So many tins christians do today is not d teachings of Jesus (peace be upon Him) but dat of paul. Study d Bible again u will understand.
Why are Muslims like this?....when did Jesus talk about circumcision in d Bible??... Paul was actually addressing d issue that circumcision does not guarantee making u a good person as dJews commonly believed.Where in d Bible did Paul give d name"Christian" to d followers of Christ..... In actual fact,the people saw d uniqueness of the disciples/followers and named them Christians.Why do u hate the person of Paul to the extent of bastardizing him at every given opportunity?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" / RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor / Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.