Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor (26089 Views)

Crisis Hits CAN Over Oritsejafor's Plan To Rig Election For Preferred Candidate / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by cold(m): 3:52pm On Aug 01, 2011
The Family of the Late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi (Founding Pastor) Who have a lifelong commitment to the welfare of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG)

1) After the death of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi 30 years ago the Akindayomi family is very dissatisfied with the running of the RCCG.

2) Regarding payments in 30 years the Akindayomi family has received no noteworthy support the deceased family includes 5 children with grandchildren and great grand children.

3) During this period the RCCG has grown from 40 parish-churches to more than 22 thousand parish-churches across the globe.

4) Members, workers, deacons, asst. pastors, pastors, provisional pastors who shared in the vision and morality of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi have much to be rejoicing to God about for the great successes of the church so far.

5) The Akindayomi family is very proud of the continuation and growth of the church after death of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi.

a) Within the family of the Late Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi all the children and several of the grandchildren have continued the work of God by serving as pastors within the RCCG.

b) However, the Akindayomi family feels that they have played an insufficient role in the continuation of the legacy of late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi.

c) The Akindayomi family feels that this was done wilfully by Pastor Adeboye to allow for recharismatization of the church.

d) The Akindayomi family, moreover, feels that the transparency of the RCCG leaves much to be desired.

e) On the above point the Akindayomi family has no idea of the accounts of the RCCG or any decision making processes regarding building works or any major projects.

f) The Akindayomi family feels this gross disrespect.

g) The Akindayomi family has no say in the direction that the RCCG is going in regards the vision of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi.

a) This we feel could be achieved by having a permanent position on the governing council, through a representative elected by the Akindayomi family.

b) This representative will help to ensure that what doctrine is being taught is the spiritual believes of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi.

c) In the last 30 years there has been major building works of which the Akindayomi family has not been a signatory.

d) This Representative will ensure that this does not happen in the future as we would like this person to be a signatory to any official documents.

7) The Akindayomi family also feels that the legacy would be better served if a family picture of the surviving members of late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi included in all publications of the RCCG. This would ensure a continuous commitment of the Akindayomi family for generations to come.

cool The Akindayomi family wants full disclosures to be made in regards, purchases of buildings, transportations and salaries of decision makers and this information is made public to the worldwide membership annually as the RCCG is a registered charity.

9) The Akindayomi family will like full disclosures of the private assets of top decision makers at the RCCG including real property and all bank accounts.

10) The Akindayomi family would like the general overseer Pastor Adeboye to stop putting his name in extra large bold typeface on websites and literature relating to the RCCG. We believe this is being done to covertly take over the legacy of the RCCG.

11) The Akindayomi family would like to make it publicly known throughout the world that the spiritual direction that the RCCG has taken under the leadership of Pastor Adeboye is not the original vision of the founder of the church and that we have no part whatsoever in any business decisions relating to the RCCG and any umbrella organizations.

a) The Akindayomi family would like the church to go back to the original vision of the charismatization of the leader of the RCCG as they strongly object to the changes in dogma of the present leader Pastor Adeboye.

12) The Akindayomi family

a) Does not accept as fact the Pastor Adeboye was appointed as general overseer for life by the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi.

b) Does not accept as fact that Pastor Adeboye has the divine right to choose the successor for the RCCG.

c) Believes that the governing council should decide on three candidates, given to them by the provisional pastors.

d) Then, the worldwide membership of the RCCG should have the final say in the leadership of the RCCG.

e) This election could be achieved via mobile, internet and paper voting or churches given votes depending on size.

f) The election results should be published on the RCCG international website.

g) If Pastor Adeboye is chosen again let it be by the worldwide membership.

On behalf of the Akindayomi family

Sincerely yours,

Mr. Abiodun (Akindayomi) Olukowajo - Akindayomifamily5@hotmail.co.uk

http://transparencyng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4990:rccgs-founders-family-voices-out-its-position-on-running-of-church&catid=75:opinion&Itemid=131
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Zodiac61(m): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2011
Money talks. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Reading between the lines, their main problem is that the GO has not given them a share of the profit he pockets.
I wish them good luck.
Six of one and half a dozen of the other.
Conmen all.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by obowunmi(m): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2011
Zodiac61:

Reading between the lines, their main problem is that the GO has not given them a share of the profit he pockets.
I wish them good luck.
Conmen all.

grin grin grin grin
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 02, 2011
church is good business.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by gidson12(m): 9:37am On Aug 02, 2011
i foresee a break up soon, adeboye is running the church as his personal business.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by mihis: 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2011
Zodiac61:

I wish them good luck.
Conmen all.

They too want to have a share of the goodies
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by semefiele: 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2011
Sirs/mas,
we need to be careful how we get involved in the things of God. Please, do not incure God's wrath on your head. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by WhyAWhy(m): 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2011
WHEN DID CHURCH BECOME FAMILY BUSINESS? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Carlosein(m): 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2011
The Akindayomi family this, Akindayomi family that, bla bla bla.
Where was the Akindayomi family:
1. when RCCG was founded?
2. when Adeboye became GO?

Now that someone's hardwork has paid off, some hyenas have surfaced for a share.

Anyway, I siddon de look. Let's see how this plays out.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by mihis: 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2011
Abeg make una tell Adegboye to settle them, na their build what he is now enjoying
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by vitality22(m): 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2011
Honestly, i have never seen anything as lucrative as a church business
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Carlosein(m): 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
semefiele:

Sirs/mas,
we need to be careful how we get involved in the things of God. Please, do not incure God's wrath on your head. I rest my case.

We? maybe you mean the Akindayomi family undecided
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by ifihearam: 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2011
Since when has the work of God turned into political means of attaining leadership positions.t should be clearly noted that Baba adeboye did not become the GO via election itwas the express decision of GOD.if i may ask,where were the famly members fo the pt 30 years whe adeboye was strategisig and given redeem churc global recognition?

This is cheap blackmail from all those who think thy can rise to th top through evil means and cheap propaganda.

Did adeboye ever enlist any memberof his family to be his successor?lets face fact here,the same way they are been handled is the same way th adeboyes woul be handld once he goes to heaven.

And for te record,i m nota member of RCCG.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by mihis: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
WhyAWhy:

WHEN DID CHURCH BECOME FAMILY BUSINESS? shocked shocked

When did church become a one man business?
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by onome442(m): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2011
tue talk
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by mihis: 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2011
Best way to solve this is for Adeboye to call them so as to settle any greviences, especially in terms of
"egunje"
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by WhyAWhy(m): 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2011
There's really nothing to settle some people sef Smh and by the way

mihis:

When did church become a one man business?

explain how it's a one man business?
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Don1011: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2011
@ mihis , I am quite surprised u are one of those who see God's work as business. Although some folks make biz out of it but it is an error to think every church u see is a biz venture. Take care d way u comment on d things of God cos u may just be inviting on ursef d wrath of God.

********************** A CONCERNED FRIEND ************************
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Biggie9: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2011
I dont attend RCCG but from what i can pinpoint from the above,i feel Adeboye ought to atleast have made sure that the welfare of the Akindayomi family is taken care of, and he should give them a good sense of belonging. But its like they were sidelined, accidentaly or delibrately. Adeboyes' new house in the Redeemed camp is as big as Buckingham palace and he (Adeboye) cruises around in a private jet. His first son has the biggest mens' boutique in West Africa (Wisemen Apparel).
All these will ofcourse make the Akindayomi family raise alarm if Adeboye doesnt atleast make sure he carries them along or make them reap some financial fruit of their late father who is the founder of RCCG. we all are human beings and are bound to have an atom of fleshy feelings in us so this ought to be resolved immediately.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by WhyAWhy(m): 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2011
Biggie9:

I dont attend RCCG but from what i can pinpoint from the above,i feel Adeboye ought to atleast have made sure that the welfare of the Akindayomi family is taken care of, and he should give them a good sense of belonging. But its like they were sidelined, accidentaly or delibrately. Adeboyes' new house in the Redeemed camp is as big as Buckingham palace and he (Adeboye) cruises around in a private jet. His first son has the biggest mens' boutique in West Africa (Wisemen Apparel).
All these will ofcourse make the Akindayomi family raise alarm if Adeboye doesnt atleast make sure he carries them along or make them reap some financial fruit of their late father who is the founder of RCCG. we all are human beings and are bound to have an atom of fleshy feelings in us so this ought to be resolved immediately.

I always try to be objective in life,  my own father is a well established man and rich in his own way,  I am pursuing my life personally with minimal help from his side but I still have his support if I require,  when I finally get established tomorrow was it because of my own father's riches? So take away Adeboye's son from this, I am sick and tired of people trying to mentally figure out why someone has to be properous in life or not

If Akindayomi's family require support it shouldn't even be a public knowledge because to start with,  we were not told that the Church started and has been sustained on Akindayomi's Wealth so what's all this crap about "compensation". I am trying to imagine Azikwe or Awolowo's family holding nigeria to ransom because dem papa had a hand in Naija's walk to freedom. Mschew

1 Like

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by baslone: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2011
FOI Bill? ? ?

They are basically saying Baba come declare your asset!
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2011
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
walks away from the thread, before holy ghost fire delete nairaland from the internet
make seun osewa no go cry, i don go o lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Sike(m): 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2011
Na wao!
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by niviso: 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2011
Babylon the great has fallen and will be destroyed soon
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by moshmusth(m): 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2011
Church money is like Oil Money, am going to build a church at the backyard of my pa house from now you all should address as Pastor Moshood Mustapha in fews years am going to accumulate A replica of Buckingham palace just like pa adeboye,fleets of cars,2 private jets one for me and the other for my aides, grin and make History by being d first pastor that will marry just 9 wives and 47 children the church members will definately take care of them, Church Money sweet ooooo b4 I commot my muslim bro and sis I wish you all Ramadan Kareem,
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2011
, Where are they, while baba Adeboye was running around for the good of the church, ,, and y should there be an election 2 occupy such a sensitive post of God, hum, nairalanders please watch your mouth before commentin on this man of GOD, respect d anointin and d personalty,,
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Pukkah: 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2011
Donlittle:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
walks away from the thread, before holy ghost fire delete nairaland from the internet
make seun osewa no go cry, i don go o lipsrsealed

This post must be a joke.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by redsun(m): 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
Adeboye is a con man,just like all the preacher men and women in africa,exploiting the gullible and perpetually ignorant africans.

I thought he was the sole founder of the syndicate.

Why are the gods of the jews and arabs better than the gods of africans ancestors?The same reason why africans are fcked up social,economically and mentally is the same reason why they are fcked up spiritually-inferiority complex
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Dgunnerz(m): 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2011
This kinda issue should not be discussed publicly.
Election for a successor in the House of God? Funny! God chooses His own people.So,the family should forget about that and have a close-door meeting with G.O.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Swonder: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
My people (nairalander's) please why you can’t allow God to judge. Never said what is not, okay.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
RCCG is a registered charity or not-for-profit. It is therefore unheard of that the children and grand children of the founder of RCCG want the organization to be accountable to them. It is like saying that the descendants of the founder of the International Red Cross should control and eat from the organization. An incorporated organization is by law distinct from its founders and is a legal entity / person

The only thing I can support is if the late Pa Akindayomi has a surviving widow, then the church should support her till she dies. The kids and grand kids are already pastors in RCCG  so what more do they want.  Pastor Adeboye's kids cannot take over from him when he passes on. The church will continue to be run by someone else. The leadership of a church is not something to be toyed. The Celestial Church of Christ is an example!
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by WhyAWhy(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2011
kalokalo:

RCCG is a registered charity or not-for-profit. It is therefore unheard of that the children and grand children of the founder of RCCG want the organization to be accountable to them. It is like saying that the descendants of the founder of the International Red Cross should control and eat from the organization. An incorporated organization is by law distinct from its founders and is a legal entity / person

The only thing I can support is if the late Pa Akindayomi has a surviving widow, then the church should support her till she dies. The kids and grand kids are already pastors in RCCG  so what more do they want.  Pastor Adeboye's kids cannot take over from him when he passes on. The church will continue to be run by someone else. The leadership of a church is not something to be toyed. The Celestial Church of Christ is an example!

Your head is correct patapata

I'm still trying to find logic in the reasoning by whoever wrote the letter.

infact why did I come here again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keion Henderson Gives His Mother An SUV (Photo) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet / 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.