Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC (14810 Views)

Fayemi Joins Akeredolu’s Victory Train (Photos) / Why APC Panel Nullified Akeredolu’s Victory In Ondo Governorship Primary / Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by Islie: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Yakubu Dogara, speaker of the house of representatives, believes the victory of Rotimi Akeredolu at the Ondo governorship poll is proof that the All Progressives Congress (APC) is still popular among Nigerians.

The APC went into the election unsure of victory, having seen its stock plummet in recent times, primarily because of the ailing economy.

However, Akeredolu emerged winner, fending off the challenge of Eyitayo Jegede of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Olusola Oke of the Alliance for Democracy (AD).

“The election of Barrister Akeredolu and the APC in Ondo state is a clear indication of the popularity of our political party,” Dogara said in a statement issued by Turaki Hassan, his special adviser on media and public affairs.

“The victory of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the election is proof that the party is still loved by Nigerians.

“I would like to congratulate my learned colleague on his victory at the poll, and also commend our great party, the All Progressives Congress, for a thorough and successful campaign.”

He urged all stakeholders to come together and ensure that the incoming APC government in Ondo delivers on the mandate given by the people inline with the party’s manifesto.

“As a party, we must take our victory in Ondo seriously since the people have placed enormous trust in us,” he said.

“We must, therefore, deliver on policies that will improve their standard of living.”

Dogara also praised the people of Ondo state for “keeping the election process peaceful and coming out to perform their civic duty”.

He also commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and security agencies for “ensuring a hitch-free exercise”.

https://www.thecable.ng/dogara-akeredolus-victory-shows-nigerians-still-love-apc

3 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by HungerBAD: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Interesting statement.

As a life long supporter of the APC,I would not push my luck that much to say Nigerians love us too much,as most of our electoral promises are being delayed because of the in-house-fightings.

But this I can authoritatively say,and that is given the choice between the APC and the PDP anyday,Nigerians will vote in the APC.

The only complaints against the APC so far,is that they tightened all the loopholes for stealing in Nigeria,and that the economy is just starting to pick up.

And even our economic woes was caused by the last administration.

But would Nigerians even in their good dreams,go near the PDP?no.

Nigerians are many things,but Nigerians are not stupid. And they would rather allow a man who is strict and does not tamper with our commonwealth to rule them,than those that will loot the Commonwealth with their wives and cronies.

Once again,congratulations to the APC.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by Aufbauh(m): 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
Sure we are still with the ruling party APC as most of us as supporters are reasonable enough to know that our present economic state was not the creation of the present administration.

We refuse to be blackmail and intimidated by the senseless wailing of those that never saw anything good about this party from the onset.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by yeyeboi(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by yaqq: 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dogara................ur fada

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by faladeSM1132(m): 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
By 2019 i'm sure nigeria will give an answer In FULL to your questions

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by DanPel(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting statement.

As a life long supporter of the APC,I would not push my luck that much to say Nigerians love us too much,as most of our electoral promises are being delayed because of the in-house-fightings.

But this I can authoritatively say,and that is given the choice between the APC and the PDP anyday,Nigerians will vote in the APC.

The only complaints against the APC so far,is that they tightened all the loopholes for stealing in Nigeria,and that the economy is just starting to pick up.

But would Nigerians even in their good dreams,go near the PDP?no.

Nigerians are many things,but Nigerians are not stupid. And they would rather allow a man who is strict and does not tamper with our commonwealth to rule them,than those that will loot the Commonwealth with their wives and cronies.

Once again,congratulations to the APC.
See u. afta all dis hope u clapped 4ursev

18 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by Progressive01(m): 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
Doesnt mean we love you mr. You are a crook just like 99% of your colleagues.

Awon budget padders. angry

30 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by Johnnyessence(m): 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
at last my prayer does not go in vain. I strongly believe in prayers it work for me and always work. congratulations to the governor of ondo state. I pray for u barrister rotimi Akeredolu u will succeed more than your predecessor. I pray all your campaign manifestos will be successful. I pray whoever that want to stop u from doing the peoples will be shattered. I pray you will live long. I pray the will of God will come to pass in your lives and your families in Jesus name. to the good people of ondo state, thank you for giving the votes to the peaceful man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by modath(f): 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
Progressive01:
Doesnt mean we love you mr. You are a crook just like 99% of your colleagues.

Awon budget padders. angry

cheesy cheesy... You vex add yoloba.. cheesy cheesy

All i know is time dey go... We need to see action...Even though 2019 is Bubu's unless the almighty decrees otherwise, he should "reciprocate" the love the "streets" showed him so his name and legacy will be cemented in gold...

Happy sunday, my alter ego.. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by babdap: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
The same way Jonathan believe Southwest loves PDP especially when Fayose won Ekiti Governorship election. I think Ondo people voted for individual not his party. That is there political culture in Ondo they voted for mimiko's thou he was in Labour Party.

13 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by VampireeM(f): 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
Love Truck! Dogara the Pad is just deluding himself.. Southwest is APC stronghold so less was not expected.. He should make that statement when APC clears almost the SE/SS states... Then we will know if they are loved or not...

BTW, no difference between APC and PDP just name change with same people with zero ideology.

14 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by abduljabbar4(m): 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
Exactly. Buhari already has the NE for annihilating Boko haram. He just needs to improve the economy and that he is already doing.

4 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by babyfaceafrica: 6:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ondo Indigene really has no choice ,,its either the devil or the deep blue sea

1 Like

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by veekid(m): 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2016

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by Lukmann1: 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
who Nigerians still loves APC, bunch of thiefs that is maked poor citizens suffered. angry

3 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by abumeinben(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dongoro should gaan sidan....

I believe they voted personality, not party.

4 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by timilehing(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
No, we don't love APC. We just don't want Mimiko to continue playing us

4 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by TVTKOKO(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
I think the people voted the individual and not the party

3 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by millionboi(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
he got d charisma nt apc
Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by Bgorgeous: 6:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
The governor is fine sha, congratulations

1 Like

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by Generalyemi(m): 6:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
liars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by Adebowale89(m): 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
abi
suffering&smiling....ondo congrats
Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by eph12(m): 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
Yes o! Just help us maintain this current exchange rate or even increase it sef and we will personally campaign for you come 2019 grin

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by henrydadon(m): 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
Nigerian love who?? angry angry

19 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by seunny4lif(m): 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
Abeg forget APC
We voted Akeredolu not the party
Just like LP for Mimiko not the party
Ondo State vote for their favourite person not his Party.
This guy has run for Governorship elections 3 times.
Against Agagu and Mimiko.
Na him time be this
Ondo State is Ondo State
Just like Agagu and Mimiko

6 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by BakireBulmaker: 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
Rubbish!

Ondo people believe they are repaying Mimiko for his woeful second term performance.

Unknown to them, Mimiko has been covertly working for Akeredolu right from the APC primaries.

APC/PMB remains a nightmare Nigerians can't wait to get over with. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by johnstar(m): 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
All of una b tif, una nor dey tire?

1 Like

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by ajoskele(m): 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Don't mind us. We just like recession!

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Akeredolu’s Victory Shows Nigerians Still Love APC by nowpresence(f): 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ondo people still love apc you meant

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion On Capitalism? / Fayemi Flags Off 132 Kva Power Projects In Two Communities / Ministers Will Sign Performance Bond With Tinubu, Says Hadiza Bala Usman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.